• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

Gbraga

And sorry to insist but since nobody answered to me... :p Is there a way to fix this mini map with gedosato? Now or later? :)

Some people fixed the menus so why not the mini map?

So far no fixes for that. I think Durante is on it though.

Durante

I just left this tool's settings to default (3840x2160) and it runs like a dream on my 780Ti.

I just hope the minimap bug gets fixed and I'll be playing this game when that happens.
I don't know if you played the game before, but you can totally play the first 20 hours without a minimap ;)

Not that I'm not going to fix it or anything, I just won't have time before tomorrow.

I have a GTX 770 and I can't hit solid 60fps even on default settings with max power on in control panel. Can't sustain 30fps without dips @4k either. Both show underutilised CPU and GPU power in MSI afterburner.

Using latest drivers.
Strange, I get solid 60 FPS at default settings on the same GPU, and 45-60 at 4k.

Framerate is mad inconsistent... CPU never budges above 15%, GPU hit 30% one time. Downsamples from 2.5k but it's the same framerate as if I was playing at 720p. No tweaks are working. No amount of power management, over clocking, under clocking, resolution, etc changes the frame rate. Squeenix what the hell dude?

I don't know if you played the game before, but you can totally play the first 20 hours without a minimap ;)

Not that I'm not going to fix it or anything, I just won't have time before tomorrow.

Strange, I get solid 60 FPS at default settings on the same GPU, and 45-60 at 4k.

I suppose that's true. Either way it's not like I'm in a huge hurry to play it. I've got plenty of other games to keep me occupied.

You do awesome work and I'm glad the PC gaming community has you.

Gbraga

I get performance similar to Durante on a 680. I don't use Afterburner or anything like that, though. Some people were reporting that the game wasn't working properly with the overlay on, so maybe that's your issue?

The framerate only seems to completely shit itself when a tutorial pop up comes up, it probably goes to around 30, and then goes back up to 40~60 before I even finish skipping it.

The battles are not consistent at all, but it bothers me a lot more when it randomly drops when rotating the camera in the environment. Happened a lot in Hanging Edge with Snow, but still, whatever, it's definitely doable and better than it was on PS3, so I'm satisfied.

golem09

Neo Member
Durante, I know you like this game for screenshot purposes and are eager to get the fix ready because of that.

The thing is, I was planning on playing the whole trilogy on the PC, but I guess it's safe to say the ports of the two sequels will be just as a bad.

Would you even consider fixing the next two games? Cause that sounds like a lot of work to me, on the other hand I might rethink my intent to buy them depending on that.

Gbraga

Durante, I know you like this game for screenshot purposes and are eager to get the fix ready because of that.

The thing is, I was planning on playing the whole trilogy on the PC, but I guess it's safe to say the ports of the two sequels will be just as a bad.

Would you even consider fixing the next two games? Cause that sounds like a lot of work to me, on the other hand I might rethink my intent to buy them depending on that.

I would assume he can recycle most of his work, since it's the same engine. But yeah, it would really suck if his work was required for something so basic after that.

Either fix it (it's not like I'm asking for tessellation like some dude in the Steam forums, just resolution options) or be transparent about it for the next games. They displayed the information deliberately in a way that could be interpreted as "720p is the minimum" instead of maximum.

Mkilbride

Banned
My downsampling says

"2560 x 1440 > 2560 x 1440"

But in the .ini, my rendering resolution is 3840 x 2160. Why is that?

Also, what does the latest version change? Saw there was an update. Also damn, all my settings change every update for all games.

Levyne

Banned
My downsampling says

"2560 x 1440 > 2560 x 1440"

But in the .ini, my rendering resolution is 3840 x 2160. Why is that?

Check the ffxiii specific settings and not the base/global ones. Since you can't select the resolution in game, we have to set specifically the one we want to use.

Edit: Here's an image Alo used if it's helpful

iAU1nOJ.png

Eyothrie

My 2gb GTX 680 dips into the 40s in Lake Bresha without your fix...at 720p. This should not be happening. This is the only game that does this

Levyne

Banned
My 2gb GTX 680 dips into the 40s in Lake Bresha without your fix...at 720p. This should not be happening. This is the only game that does this

Yeah, I'm getting some annoying dips at the lake, especially in battle, and it doesn't seem like it depends much on what resolution I set...up to that point the dips were minor and only to the 50s at 4k but getting down to the 30s there, even at 1080p on a 780, lame.

Yes it was indeed.
It took me a bit to get it up and running since I basically installed VS2013 and dled all the dependencies when you said you'd go and I noticed the menu issues.

Since this seems to be AMD issue I'll see if I can do something about it...

Yep, this is the problem I'm having too.

I don't really understand this point of view... you might not choose to buy games because they might be locked to 720p? While I agree it's dumb that this game is locked to 720p, I wouldn't choose not to play them because of that, especially since they still look great at 720p. Also, the second game is basically a modern take on Chrono Trigger, you *must* play that one.

People are way overstating the problems with this as "a bad port", when really, it's a pretty darn good port, but with some stupid decisions made making it not as good as other PC games. I mean, by default it's pretty much a clone of the home console versions, except you can choose the voiced language, there's extra AA, and the framerate isn't locked to 30fps. As a port, that's pretty ideal, to replicate the original exactly with some small upgrades.

As a *PC game*, it sucks not being able to choose the resolution, that pressing ESC acts as a boss key instantly killing the game, that the game doesn't make sure video cards are maintaining a fully active state. It was a pretty boneheaded move to ship the game like that. But truly bad ports are things like where the music doesn't sound the same, the controls suck, loading time is far worse, the actual game experience is just worse than on console. And we don't have that here.

Skilletor

If you have a samsung ssd and have their magician software running in the background, it prevents the game in fullscreen and gedosato from playing nice with one another

I just have a normal hdd.

I was able to play it with Durante's fix for an hour. When I exited and tried to play later, it wouldn't boot. Now it just crashes if I try to play full screen. I'm just trying to play at 1080p.

Akronis

Ok so nothing I've tried so far will force my GPU to not run at its lowest settings. I've forced it in global and ffxiii game settings via nvidia control panel (prefer max performance). I've turned internal resolution up past 10k x 4k with 8x SMAA and nothing will make my GPU clock higher than 550Mhz. Its a GTX 970 with a boost clock of 1515Mhz in every other game. With that clock setting I can't even hold 720p at at constant 60FPS! I have a ROG Swift and have tried both using and disabling G-Sync- nothing seems to work. Help?

Not sure if anyone has bothered answering, but you can force specific power levels with nVidia Inspector and just set the forced power level's clock speeds to whatever you want.

Glass Rebel

I think I'm giving up on this game until Durante releases a more complete plugin. Maybe something that will help me with the framerate drops. Still, GeDoSaTo pretty much made this the definitive version.

golem09

Neo Member
I don't really understand this point of view... you might not choose to buy games because they might be locked to 720p? While I agree it's dumb that this game is locked to 720p, I wouldn't choose not to play them because of that, especially since they still look great at 720p. Also, the second game is basically a modern take on Chrono Trigger, you *must* play that one.

People are way overstating the problems with this as "a bad port", when really, it's a pretty darn good port, but with some stupid decisions made making it not as good as other PC games. I mean, by default it's pretty much a clone of the home console versions, except you can choose the voiced language, there's extra AA, and the framerate isn't locked to 30fps. As a port, that's pretty ideal, to replicate the original exactly with some small upgrades.

As a *PC game*, it sucks not being able to choose the resolution, that pressing ESC acts as a boss key instantly killing the game, that the game doesn't make sure video cards are maintaining a fully active state. It was a pretty boneheaded move to ship the game like that. But truly bad ports are things like where the music doesn't sound the same, the controls suck, loading time is far worse, the actual game experience is just worse than on console. And we don't have that here.

I agree, it's still a pretty good port, that's why I said I "might" "overthink" my intent. I own (not played) the PS3 version of FF13-2, and I'd have to justify buying it again. Still, I'll probably buy it, just because I hate console catalogues dying with each hardwaregeneration, and because I want to vote for more PC ports with my money.

Hellraider

Any idea why the game is still launching in windowed mode? My ffxiii gedosato settings are an exact copy of what most people have but the game still runs in windowed mode.

Downsampling 1 level 1920 x 1080 -> 1920 x 1080 (bilinear scaling)

This is what it writes at the top left corner (just like this, twice) when I launch the game. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Mohasus

Any idea why the game is still launching in windowed mode? My ffxiii gedosato settings are an exact copy of what most people have but the game still runs in windowed mode.

This is what it writes at the top left corner (just like this, twice) when I launch the game. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

I can't get it to work when using same resolutions.

I have to downsample from 2576x1449 to 2560x1440.

Have you selected the full-screen option from the FFXII Launcher? It should still downsample though - are you editing the config\ffxiiiimg ini file?

so... how do i get this to work with FF13? do i just run it and launch the game or do i have to mess with config?

Yes. By default it downsamples from a 4K resolution, so if you want change that, you'll have to edit the config file. Bear in mind it's pre-alpha, and I wouldn't seriously play through the game with it just yet.

TheTux

Framerate is mad inconsistent... CPU never budges above 15%, GPU hit 30% one time. Downsamples from 2.5k but it's the same framerate as if I was playing at 720p. No tweaks are working. No amount of power management, over clocking, under clocking, resolution, etc changes the frame rate. Squeenix what the hell dude?

Same problem here. GPU usage <40%.

I do really hope Square will hear us and patch this. This is just pure madness.

Shurayuki

Did you set the game to launch in windowed mode in the launcher and then subsequently disabled the launcher so it just starts the game directly?

Then you'd have to run the launcher from the steam folder.

Mkilbride

Banned
Hmm, seems if I try to downsample, my game doesn't work.

My monitor is 2560x1440@120hz.

But if I set the rendering resolution higher, to down-sample, the game won't launch. It will ONLY launch @ 2560x1440@120hz rendering, no higher.

Grief.exe

Hmm, seems if I try to downsample, my game doesn't work.

My monitor is 2560x1440@120hz.

But if I set the rendering resolution higher, to down-sample, the game won't launch. It will ONLY launch @ 2560x1440@120hz rendering, no higher.

Have you tried the settings

presentWidth 0
presentHeight 0
presentHz 60

The Cowboy

Top Bottom