• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

dani_dc

I'm so glad this actually seemed to have worked, always felt like a bit of a long-shoot, but I had hope it would get us somewhere.

Goes to show that there's no harm in trying.

Buying VC so fast when it's released.

Now to hope the other two come as well, and that Kamiya picture gives me hope.

Peff

Anybody up for guilt-tripping all the "nah, man, no coverage, we need some EVIDENCE this might work" sites? Heh. This development could give the campaign a good second (third?) wind, but I wonder if it'd be better to actively promote VC first. Let's see how things work out.

Nillansan

Oh by the way, the #SegaPCPorts Thunderclap campaign was successful, it gained 176 supporters, the goal was set to 100 supporters so that is pretty good. The question is, what the hell is the actual outcome of this campaign? I am not sure, but I received this email from Thunderclap.

LejItsz.png

MaLDo

Thanks Guise! :D

Kd8wKxQ.gif

Nah but seriously. We need those too!

Yeah for sure, keep signing if you like folks. Especially if you want to see the rest of the games included in the #SEGAPCPorts campaign :)

That's a fucking good day. Sega petition doing wonders, lucasarts at gog and platinum in valve again. Emotions, how can I hold them.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Can you gift Steam games?

cause I will fucking gift copies of VF5FS to gaffers at full price day one and I'm not joking at all.

TaroYamada

That's a fucking good day. Sega petition doing wonders, lucasarts at gog and platinum in valve again. Emotions, how can I hold them.

I know right? I also won one of those Taco Bell PS4's at 2:30 AM last night. I'm on a roll.

Just need VF5FS.

Who is TaroYamada and can he get me VF5 on PC.

We're working on it.

In the excitement of everything, I forgot to mention: We surpassed 13k signatures!

TaroYamada

Can you gift Steam games?

cause I will fucking gift copies of VF5FS to gaffers at full price day one and I'm not joking at all.

Yes, you can. That's going to get expensive though.

Gimmie Vanquish and VF5.

Tell your friends to sign :p

Superb. Thanks for your effort.

You're welcome.

Oh look, it worked.

Rule Breakerz unite. Port begging infractions all over the place in here.

Momentary

Banned
What?!? Is there a hint of VF5FS coming to STEAM? Please don't do this to my heart. Hopefully the petition picks up more steam after what's happened today.

Lime

TaroYamada, I will have your babies if Resonance of Fate is mentioned along Bayonetta & co. when talking about future PC ports.

It would compliment Valkyria Chronicles perfectly.

TaroYamada

TaroYamada, I will have your babies if Resonance of Fate is mentioned along Bayonetta & co. when talking about future PC ports.

It would compliment Valkyria Chronicles perfectly.

That's generous, the sentiment is appreciated. It gave me a chuckle too, so thanks for that.

what is money for, if not to get people to play virtua fighter with you?

Kickstarting books about SEGA Genesis? I hear you, I'll meet you in battle so long as you don't mind my main being Lau Chan. I haven't touched a console since 2011 though, so you should be able to defeat me handily.

Marow

Okay Taro, next up is Vanquish or Resonance of Fate! You're being secretive, but props to you if you're involved in this :)

I still remember when SEGA replied to my tweet about this, but I had no way to contact the campaign (at least you picked it up eventually) ;_;

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Kickstarting books about SEGA Genesis? I hear you, I'll meet you in battle so long as you don't mind my main being Lau Chan. I haven't touched a console since 2011 though, so you should be able to defeat me handily.

Lau loves mirrors. He's been tryna get that phoenix mirror from that Hazuki kid since the 80's.

Good news and I'm genuinely surprised but I feel VC isn't going to sell well on PC.

I had it on PS3 and loved it. Would buy it again but if I was to guess, it would sell like shit on PC and ruin the chances of any other older titles.

Vanquish on the other hand would sell like hotcakes.

gngf123

Good news and I'm genuinely surprised but I feel VC isn't going to sell well on PC.

I had it on PS3 and loved it. Would buy it again but if I was to guess, it would sell like shit on PC and ruin the chances of any other older titles.

I wouldn't know about that. Strategy games have an audience on PC, and anime games seem to be gaining traction lately. Could work.

Vanquish definitely makes the most sense to me though.

It's trending worldwide on Twitter if that means anything. I think strategy games like this have a lot of potential on PC.

TaroYamada

I should probably clarify since I'm thinking some might misunderstand what I contributed; I wrote the petition on change and pushed publications to write about us. I'd been thinking of such a petition for a while but felt I wouldn't be able to garner support from the PC community for a campaign like this. In a way I was right because we never managed to get PCGamer or RockPaperShotgun to write about us and we really could have used their traffic. Other PC gaming sites like IncGamers did give us some coverage though. Anyways, when Grief made the original push here on GAF I realized I was, at least in part, wrong. I ended up writing the petition to push the campaign in the direction SEGA felt would be most convincing. I don't work at SEGA though and I have an incomplete picture of what's happening behind the scenes, I did know some stuff. I knew Valkyria Chronicles was coming a few months back. I know more but people told me in confidence and I'll be keeping my word on such things. I will say this: If you want the other games, you should absolutely keep pushing the petition and if you have interest in Valkyria Chronicles you should buy it.

I think the main folks to thank (if you want to single folks out) are Grief (original twitter push), nillansan (who provided near constant moral support for what I was doing in the first couple of weeks despite a small amount of naysayers, he also made the thunderclap), Sajjaja (who was useless ;)), Dario (who made the original campaign video), Draikin (who made a video for Valkyria Chronicles to be included in the campaign) and Krusenstern (not sure if he's still on gaf but he helped with press pushes quite a bit).

Sorry about the parens folks. So many.

Lime

Thanks for the clarification, TaroYamada. You and everyone involved that you listed and everyone in helping make this come to fruition deserve a ton of recognition and appreciation. Thank you so much. <3

Wow, pretty nuts how this actually ended up working, and with the hardest game on the list! Now the challenge would be Bayo 1 on PC. I feel that it's going to be the last one because it's currently being promoted heavily by Nintendo, and I'm sure they wouldn't want a different port to take away from it.

And I also hope that we eventually get Anarchy Reigns in there because I want to play Blitzball again.

mdubs

Banned
Will be following this thread and waiting for the inevitable clueless gaffer who thinks there is a chance of Bayo 2 coming to PC now

Top Bottom