• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

Ushiwaka

also maybe we should no focus on Bayonetta since SEGA might have a deal with Nintendo to keep Bayo 1 superior port as Wii U seller for now and will be waste of effort to focus on that game instead of the others.

Nah. Nintendo didn't even mention that Wii U Bayo port is the "Superior" anywhere. People found that out through DF. (and its a little better than X360 version. Nothing "Definitive Edition"-level stuff. A Definitive Edition imo would be 1080p and locked 60FPS). If it was that important for Nintendo, they would officially announce, for marketing purposes, that the wii u version is the superior port. Plus, SEGA owns Bayonetta. The can do whatever they want with it.

If we are going to focus on two games only, I think we should go with Vanquish and Bayo. With their engine already being on PC and all.

Shaneus

If we are going to focus on two games only, I think we should go with Vanquish and Bayo. With their engine already being on PC and all.
Does Vanquish and Bayo both run on the same engine? Which one is that... the MGS one or the Binary Domain one? Or are they the same?

Garou

Considering how popular the series still is, has there been any word on why Shenmue 1 & 2 were never brought to PC like some of the other Dreamcast classics?

Nah. Nintendo didn't even mention that Wii U Bayo port is the "Superior" anywhere. People found that out through DF. (and its a little better than X360 version. Nothing "Definitive Edition"-level stuff

Digital Foundry called the Wii U version of Bayo the" definitive" edition.

Plus, SEGA owns Bayonetta. The can do whatever they want with it.

Do you sure about that? We don't know which rights Nintendo now have on this IP.

What use would have a PC port of Bayonetta 1 anyway? Bayo2 will never be seen on a non Nintendo system. And it is likely that Nintendo has all the rights for a possible Bayo3.

Gattsu25

Banned
JSR HD being successful probably wouldn't have given us a Shenmue port, but at least we'd have JSRF HD!

Guys.

Guys.

Port this over with 4 player controller support:
MDg7qMC.jpg

rjc571

Banned
I blame everyone that didn't buy JSR.

The original JSR is garbage. I'm not going to buy a bad game in hopes of possibly getting them to port better games later. If they had ported Future in the first place it would have been a different story, but since they didn't realize that Future is a far better game and far more worthy of an HD port than JSR, they don't deserve my business.

Do you sure about that? We don't know which rights Nintendo now have on this IP.

What use would have a PC port of Bayonetta 1 anyway? Bayo2 will never be seen on a non Nintendo system. And it is likely that Nintendo has all the rights for a possible Bayo3.
Sega owns the IP indeed. We don't know the extent of Nintendo's ownership of things relating to Bayonetta, but it would be sensible to presume it's only for Bayo 2 the game. It's not logical to assume they'd have any say on the first game.

Just because Bayo 2 won't be on any other platform than Nintendo's, it doesn't make the port of the first one irrelevant in any way. A lot of people still haven't played the game and won't be able to play it unless it comes on PC. For those who have played it, 1080p 60 fps (real 60 fps that is - or actually make it 120 fps preferably unless the engine doesn't support it). Along with people getting to play the game, it would also serve the purpose that the character action genre can do well on PC too.

Also, Bayo 3 is supposedly extremely unlikely to happen. Play the second and you'll see. (I haven't played it myself yet but I heard that and I believe it, but don't wanna check it because of obvious spoilers.)

gelf

Just play that on PCSX2. Rather have VF5FS since there are 0 ways to play that on pc(no emulation whatsoever)

Evos emulation still isn't ideal for that really. There's a really distracting dark shadow covering half the screen on a lot of stages and it just feels jumpy and unstable to play(though maybe that's just my system).

But yeah I'd rather have VF5 anyway myself.

ArjanN

The original JSR is garbage. I'm not going to buy a bad game in hopes of possibly getting them to port better games later. If they had ported Future in the first place it would have been a different story, but since they didn't realize that Future is a far better game and far more worthy of an HD port than JSR, they don't deserve my business.

Nah, Future is much easier to get into, but it's also kind of JSR for babbies.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
VF4EVO runs poorly on emulator

but part of the reason this push includes 5FS is its low maintenance conversion to Steam. it was built to run on Windows architecture. it has great netcode in place.

plus 5FS would draw a larger audience than 4EVO

Jet Set Radio Future is fucking garbage, but that doesn't mean people who want to play it shouldn't be able to. The more the merrier, I say.

I don't like JSR or JSRF all that much.

JSR has the wack controls, is slow, annoying levels(especially the huge ones where you have to hit all the tags in like 3-4 different areas), and the ranking system blows. If I was playing for jet rankings I never would have beat the game.

JSRF is empty, has a lot of dumb stage-designs, and without any sense of urgency it just becomes dull. I forget where I quit but I think it there was this huge mech thing you had to tag, but if you screwed up you had to grind 30 flights of stairs to get back. After several tries I hung up the jet-skates for good. The sewers were bad enough but man, that section was just stupid 8-bit platformer shit combined with 64-bit 3D rollerblade controls. Fuck that shit.

I liked the music and art-direction for both games. I also liked unlocking stuff...JSR Pirahna is the best...I got nothing else.

cpooi

I never tried JSRF (thanks to region lock and no Asia English version), but JSR HD was my personal GOTY for 2012. Got Jet ranks for every stage.
Playing it in 1080p with 8XSSAA is glorious. Pity about the z-fighting though.

So I really want JSRF HD.

Schlomo

I gave up waiting for a JSRF HD version and just started playing it via 360 emulation, and I have to say JSR 1 is a much better game.

JSRF has some good levels but most are so huge and empty they get annoying and boring, plus the pseudo "open-world" structure forces you to constantly back-track through the same levels just to get to the next story trigger. Also, the enemy and boss encounters are just horribly designed, as if they had absolutely no idea how to make them fun and just gave up.

Nillansan

I am going to start a Thunderclap later today, it seems to be a decent promotion platform. It would be mighty cool of you all if you can help out by supporting it with your Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr accounts.

I will keep you updated.

Nillansan

Here's the draft for the #SegaPCPorts Thunderclap, please let me know if you have any input.

I will submit it Tuesday morning.

Thunderclap said:
Blast Process #SEGAPCPorts

Organiser Name
#SegaPCPorts

Who are you?
The #SegaPCPorts campaign (http://chn.ge/1oyjcOg) was started by a community of passionate Sega fans and PC gamers earlier this year. We started this campaign in an effort to show Sega that there is a demand for more of their games on PC. The Sega Community Team has confirmed that Sega is following the campaign. At this point we have gathered more than 12.000 signatures. Please help us raise awareness of this campaign and increase the number of signatures.

Title
Blast Process #SEGAPCPorts

Category
Community

Please help us raise awareness of the #SegaPCPorts campaign - an effort to bring more Sega games to PC!

Message Link
http://chn.ge/1oyjcOg

Supporter Goal
Small (100 supporters). Ideal for individuals and small teams.

Your Story
Please help us raise awareness of the #SegaPCPorts campaign, an initiative to bring more Sega games to PC started by passionate Sega fans and PC gamers.

Over the years Sega has compiled a commendable back catalog of some of the highest quality software this industry has ever seen. Sega have a strong history of providing PC gamers great gaming experiences going all the way back to the mid 90's with Windows releases of classic games such as Panzer Dragoon and Virtua Fighter among others.

Sega has steadily increased its PC support over the recent years with PC centric releases from franchises like Company of Heroes by Relic Entertainment, Total War by The Creative Assembly and Football Manager by Sports Interactive. Sega has also been providing PC gamers with great console ports like Sonic Generations, Binary Domain and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. Sega has also released ports of games from their back catalogue. Such games include, Viking: Battle for Asgard, Jet Set Radio and NiGHTS Into Dreams.

The focus of #SegaPCPorts is to show Sega that there is a demand for more of their games on PC, particularly from their Japanese division. The #SegaPCPorts campaign was started as a Twitter campaign by a community of passionate Sega fans and PC gamers earlier this year. We have gathered a significant amount of signatures and the Sega Community Team has even confirmed that Sega is following the campaign. We are initially targeting games that are a perceived lower risk, the initial suggestions are Vanquish, Bayonetta and Virtua Fighter 5. Please note that even if you disagree with the initial suggestions, a massive part of this effort is about adjusting Sega's perceptions of what the PC market is open to concerning their content.

We have already gathered more than 12.000 signatures, but we are hoping to reach 20.000 signatures by the end of the year. If you are interested in seeing more Sega games on PC, please sign the petition and pledge your support above.
You can sign the petition on Change.org here: http://chn.ge/1oyjcOg.

Thank you so much for your support :)

TaroYamada

@JSR v. JSRF discussion, the winner is clearly JSR. The controls aren't bad once you get used to them and when you do, you realize it'd be hard to actually make them better. There's a few exceptions imo, a dedicated button to get off of rails could help in some limited situations and half pipes are a bit funky. The issue with half pipes however is mostly presentation, not control. If you jump at the correct point (which is sooner than it looks like it should be) they function correctly.

I finished that game top 100 on every level in the leaderboards. The major issue I have with the game is a lack of mission select once you beat it. The half pipe stuff is quirky and getting off rails I never had too much issue with but I can see why some might.

@thunderclap, as per usual nillan I am onboard ;)

Nillansan

I did not take the review process into account, I should receive an answer within the next 2 or 3 days. I will keep you all updated.

v2le05y.png

TaroYamada

Thunderclap is just a thing that helps promote a campaign across social networks, speaking of which, we just hit 100. We can totally surpass that though :)

Nillansan

Guys, I have to ask at this point... What the hell is Thunderclap, exactly?

They themselves call it a "crowd-speaking platform", so basically if we reach the supporter goal, Thunderclap will blast out a timed Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr post from all the supporters. Not sure how that is supposed to work, but it can't hurt to try.

P.S. You're in homepage now.

Oh damn! I didn't even notice!

How's it looking so far?

It is going pretty well, we have surpassed the goal (100 supporters), we have made it to the front page on Thunderclap.it and we are placed at the fifth place under Trending Campaigns.

1gzu4qQ.png

Top Bottom