• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Hugstable

Banned
Ahh new day, time to start becoming one with the Hennessey Viper.

EDIT: Ugh disconnect and not even getting points towards the club, I'll just come back later I guess :-/

Hackbert

mhh anyone notice the zero in the right corner of the grey challenge window. pleaaase activate them soon.

edit : Cut that... challenges are online *woooooohhh*
edit2: damn you servers, accept and save my time...

Mullah88

Took a break from chasing vspectres atom time on the kyle, then this happened

Took my frustration out on these guys...only 2 other players managed to finish the race

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tme5CnJKqM4

My guess, they where speeding and flying through those turns lol.

That's the track in reverse from the legends tour

pixelbox

If I had to guess the code is completely borked and couldn't handle a high load of users constantly requiring info from the servers. The game while connected online is constantly pinging the servers to obtain leaderboards, ghosts, face-offs and challenges and the game simply can't handle it. Which is hilarious considering they were going to offer part of the game for every PS+ user (~7M potential users.....).

It worked well during the "public" beta phase because 95% of the time those betas are 5000 users worldwide connected at the same time. There was a reason Destiny offered public betas open to everyone: if you are working on an heavy online dependent game, you have to open the gates and allow everyone to test it.

It's a shame because I can't see how Evolution is going to survive this. They were already on the brink of being shut down after the Motorstorm Apocalypse failure and Driveclub delay. Now this will probably the final nail in the coffin. Nobody is going to trust them anymore which is a shame because Driveclub is actually a great game that despite the complete online failure I would have still preordered it again even knowing this was going to happen at launch.

First off MSA wasn't their fault so they really shouldn't be blaimed for that. At one point Sony probably tried to free themselves from fund leakage at all cost but decided on keeping them to fill the gap of GT. Could be one reason DC isn't an arcade racer entirely and why EVO decided to use real assets.

Delays are happening all over the place so I don't see how Sony could feel any way about it. And in terms of the server debacle, EVO also ran synthetic stress test as well and a closed beta. I believe the stress test gave them false results and they were forced to go back to the drawing board. Evo looks to have a plan on keeping their worth with Sony as I have a suspicion their next game isn't a racing game. It could very will be an adventure game based on the engine.

Trust shouldn't be an issue with how short people's attention spans are.

dano1

A Sheep
mhh anyone notice the zero in the right corner of the grey challenge window. pleaaase activate them soon.

edit : Cut that... challenges are online *woooooohhh*
edit2: damn you servers, accept and save my time...

This could be a great weekend!!

Goldrusher

lAOmxUd.jpg

cHxkRdt.jpg

7ooinKV.jpg

9BSp5et.jpg

I'm Still loving loving this game!! I can play it for hours.

But please EVO, hurry up with the fixes. Face offs are still glitched. Leaderboards are working better but still not 100%. Challenges haven't worked from day one. Ghosts are hit and miss (this one is really important to me).

Also I hope weather and replays and photo mode are still coming.

Has there been any official update lately?? (I don't have Facebook)

ICPEE

The AI in this game man. They are just so ruthless. Any idea when this livery is dropping?

uhqcgv.gif
Wait a minute. Don't cops normally wait for clear stretches of road to perform the PIT maneuver because performing it while there are other road users is a danger to them and the sustpect.
Unless in Britain the police give zero fucks for road users and suspects.

ICPEE

I'm Still loving loving this game!! I can play it for hours.

But please EVO, hurry up with the fixes. Face offs are still glitched. Leaderboards are working better but still not 100%. Challenges haven't worked from day one. Ghosts are hit and miss (this one is really important to me).

Also I hope weather and replays and photo mode are still coming.

Has there been any official update lately?? (I don't have Facebook)
Im sure these guys are slaving away at the game updates and other patches. They're feeling the pressure to deliver.
The best we can do is to give them the time to correct the errors.
I'm positive Driveclub is a game that will improve significantly with time. I'm personally going to wait till Feb/March next year before picking it up. By that time most of the bugs should be ironed out along with the release of weather and photo mode.
Give them time (Evolution).

Went back to DriveClub yesterday and the experience is much much better now. Played a couple of games online with zero problems. The way it should have been from day one.

I missed how fun and gorgeous the game is despite its launch problems. The Canada track is absolutely incredible !

Did Evolution give any info on the weather patch and the dlc ? i bought the season pass...

Hackbert

mh weird, i drove the race challenge, beat it relatively good with a 5:05:xx, but well, saving is not really the servers strenght right now. but at least, a lifesign.
btw, if we get Japan, please , let them include the new Mazda MX-5. what a car.

Hackbert

i hovered in the menu the last 5 minutes. and surprise, my time was uploaded. ^^"

patience.. i dont have it

edit : wow, i it just for me, or are the servers cracking right now? on/off/on/off....

Really like the driving in this game. it's so good. I've spent some time playing Forza Horizon 2 recently and it doesn't really compare to DC. It's fun going off road and doing those races but the actual driving just doesn't feel as good. When I play DC after playing FH2 I get blown away by how fast DC feels. It's intense.

Alright, kicked that Venom Hot Lap's butt last night, never thought I could do it but I finally posted a 1'15"720 I think! It was nowhere near a clean lap, too, so don't lose hope if you're like me (i.e. not that good at racing games). What helped me is having face-offs for the right trajectory on the curves that were the most complicated for me, the 3rd one and the long left one.

That said, I'm not sure what version of the game I am playing (EU here), since the update history on my PS4 stops at 1.04, yet I'm fairly sure I downloaded at least one more update since that one, and I'm reading about 1.06 too... I think other GAFers had that issue too earlier in the thread, can anyone shed light on this? I guess I could always erase and re-install, but I don't want to go to such extremes
Deleting and re-installing is not much of an extreme, I did it about 10 goes in a row the other day to clear up some of the issues with the latest patch and if it actually did improve/change AA, braking etc.

Only takes about 30 seconds to re-install. I think it even kept my saves after deleting, but I backed up to Online Storage be sure.

Goldrusher

Deleting and re-installing is not much of an extreme, I did it about 10 goes in a row the other day to clear up some of the issues with the latest patch and if it actually did improve/change AA, braking etc.

Only takes about 30 seconds to re-install.
Not if he has the digital version. The game is 16 GB.

Not if he has the digital version. The game is 16 GB.
Then yes, that would be more hassle - though you only need 3GB to get going.

Patch is only mainly to ease load for them so not missing much from it.

And I guess Challenges making a come back is the reason why I can't connect now :(

Edit: can connect now, but no Challenges I guess they turned them right off again :p

Korezo

omg, this garbage game is not letting me connect. I just wanted to fucking do a few online races. These people don't deserve to make a game ever again.

mh weird, i drove the race challenge, beat it relatively good with a 5:05:xx, but well, saving is not really the servers strenght right now. but at least, a lifesign.
btw, if we get Japan, please , let them include the new Mazda MX-5. what a car.

That's a rebadgaed S2000 if I've ever seen one. Damn, Mazda, you ain't even trying to be subtle about it.

So if we get Japanese cars which ones do you think we will get?

GTR, NSX and the LFA are given,I would honestly be surprised if any of these three don't appear in the game.

Human_me

So I play driveclub for the first time in weeks.
I select the BHR Track Day event to get that last star in the event.

When driving I see average speed off from random people.

Their top speed is over 1000mph.

I preferred it when the servers were down.

Anarion07

Why can't i get the 1:23 in the Norwegian Lightweight Series?
I'm ranked 200-400 in most events, but I can't get this lap time.
Wth

Kilau

Gold Member
Wth

That one took me several tries, didn't think it was possible for awhile.

Just have to work that Atom so you don't spin out when coming out of a corner.

GodofWine

So I play driveclub for the first time in weeks.
I select the BHR Track Day event to get that last star in the event.

When driving I see average speed off from random people.

Their top speed is over 1000mph.

I preferred it when the servers were down.

Some top speed challenges are showing drift scores, which they aware of.

viveks86

Wth

You either need a near perfect lap with the Mono or a solid lap with the Atom. I found it impossible with the BAC (though many have managed to get it). Was far easier with the Atom.

Shaneus

Not yet. But you can now select it.
You always kind of could. It would become selectable, but only for a very short period of time. I managed to get in there a few times and get to the screens that have been posted... this was at least a week or two ago.

Anarion07

You either need a near perfect lap with the Mono or a solid lap with the Atom. I found it impossible with the BAC (though many have managed to get it). Was far easier with the Atom.

Okay that's what i thought, until I had a really good lap in the Atom and was still 3 seconds behind...
Meh, gotta keep trying i guess
It also sucks that you can completely dismiss achieving it in the first lap, and from the third lap on it gets dark and I can't drive when it's dark..

farmerboy

It's a shame because I can't see how Evolution is going to survive this. They were already on the brink of being shut down after the Motorstorm Apocalypse failure and Driveclub delay. Now this will probably the final nail in the coffin. Nobody is going to trust them anymore which is a shame because Driveclub is actually a great game that despite the complete online failure I would have still preordered it again even knowing this was going to happen at launch.

Can we stop with this sentiment please, I understand it is your opinion but "brink of being shut down" is a bit rich.

When I finish a game there are a lot of Sony names in the producers section of the credits, I'm thinking some of those people will be sweating on how their performance as producers allowed this game to get published with such broken multi. I've said this before, the harsh reality means some heads will roll but to cast dispersions on a whole studio is ridiculous. Hopefully, this results in more appropriate QA across ALL Sony studios and Sony funded games.

Evolution may well get shut down (I don't think it will, too much talent), but a whole studio will not just disappear, it will morph into another entity.

On another note, this game really nails progression. Like REALLY nails it. I always feel like I'm getting somewhere. Wonderful stuff.

GodofWine

I had to resort to the atom...when I thought that I absolutely nailed a lap with the mono, and was still a second off, I strapped into that little death trap and power slid myself to a better lap time

Top Bottom