• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 01/08/09

GrayFoxPL

Anyone know if the Fear 2 demo will be available straight away fom cure or will be there some "wait few weeks" bullshit?

If it's right there then I'm in. I want that demo.

GrayFoxPL said:
Anyone know if the Fear 2 demo will be available straight away fom cure or will be there some "wait few weeks" bullshit?

If it's right there then I'm in. I want that demo.

They say it should be available in mid January. So next weeks update looks very likely.

I hope we get new Disgaea 3 DLC, they sent out a press release when the first set was released mentioning a bunch of stuff as available that wasn't released, so I have to assume it's coming soon.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Autofokus said:
How´s Savage Moon, is it worth the money? I loved PJMonsters if this is any help.

From the top of my head.

- Aesthetically, it's less charming and sci-fi art is mediocre.
- Levels feel samey while in Monsters each has its own "character".
- You control a cursor rather than a character so there is no walking around collecting/upgrading stuff. You get money by killing enemies. Controls work nicely.
- There are some nice gameplay devices like the blocks you can place to affect enemy routes (u can even place turrets on these blocks too) and the ability to change balance between attack power, defence power and money earned of all your towers. This adds more flexibility to tactical thinking compared to Monsters.
- Menu is fast but too big and kinda confusing. At times it hides the action. Camera keeps zooming in when you place turrets forcing you to zoom back out if you need to keep a wider view of the field.
- While turrets change shape as they power up, they don't do so drastically enough to clearly communicate the current power up level. You have to select them to see that. Monsters flags were more effective. Oh, there is no auto power up. You just spend money to power up and it happens immediately.
- There is no end of level "boss" and monsters are your usual alien wasps, worms, spiders and so on.
- Gets quite hard later on. But not in a nicely bastard way like in Monsters.
- There is no multiplayer at all.
- Engine runs at 60fps but chugs when action gets chaotic making u wish it was steady 30fps.

Steroyd

radioheadrule83 said:
I never understand the format of these threads... is Lumines out in Europe?

nope.

The thread goes up early to divert traffic away from last weeks thread discussing about this weeks update, and the moment it's updated someone will post an update list, which will eventually get put in the OP when the OP'er gets back from whatever they've been doing all day.

Belgand

templeusox said:
According to IGN, Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2, and Golden Axe should be available on PSN sometime very soon.

I'm sure its on the board somewhere else, but I didn't find it.

I'd say the better option is to wait until the new Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (or whatever it's called exactly comes out) for PS3. It's supposed to be something like $30 or so and it'll have all of these plus a ton of other games and most of the sequels and previous games in each of these series. Looks even better than the PS2-era collection and with basically everything that was in that and more.

They've been doing a good job of putting up some great PSOne games, but charging almost twice as much for Symphony of the Night is still just cheap. I mean, it's the only game selling for more than US$5.99. I bought it still (the used prices even for GH are absurd for such a heavily printed game that almost everyone owns... FF VII's in the same boat), but it's overpriced.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
TTP said:
- While turrets change shape as they power up, they don't do so drastically enough to clearly communicate the current power up level. You have to select them to see that. Monsters flags were more effective. Oh, there is no auto power up. You just spend money to power up and it happens immediately.

Couple of corrections based on my experience: while the individual level ups of turrets may not always be distinct to the naked eye, it's easy to tell the difference between the lowest levels and the highest ones. In any case each turret has a number of lights displayed on it indicating the power-up level, so you can tell by checking these what level they are. Not quite as immediate as the PJM flags, but not far off (and similar to, say, Desktop TD). Turret upgrades are not immediate - there's a brief period of inactivity while upgrading which can potentially allow monsters through if you're pushed to your limit, particularly if you upgrade multiple towers at once.

Goldrusher

Europe is up...

GAMES

► FlatOut: Head On (PSP) (£9.99)
► Free Running (PSP) (£15.99)

DEMOS

► Lord of the Rings Conquest (multiplayer)

ADD-ONS

► Guitar Hero World Tour

○ Reggae Rock Pack (free)
♪ "Your Face" - Pepper
♪ "Jimi" - Slightly Stoopid
♪ "Sacrifice" - The Expendables

○ Country Track Pack (€5,49 | £4.39 or €1,99 | £1.59 per song)
♪ "Me and My Gang" - Rascal Flatts
♪ "Hillbilly Deluxe" - Brooks & Dunn
♪ "Ticks" - Brad Paisley

○ European Track Pack 02 (€5,49 | £4.39 or €1,99 | £1.59 per song)
♪ "Johnny" - Di-Rect
♪ "Por La Boca Vive El Pez" - Fito y Fitipaldis
♪ "Degenerated" - Backyard Babies

► Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
○ Storm Pack 4 (free)

► Rock Band

○ a bunch of songs (€1,49 | £0.99 each)
♪ "Space Truckin" - Deep Purple
♪ "Funk #49" - James Gang
♪ "Hymn 43" - Jethro Tull
♪ "Take Back the City" - Snow Patrol

► Tom Clancy's EndWar
○ Faction Elite Pack (£3.19)

► Go! Explore (PSP)
○ Map Pack Eastern Europe (€39,99 | £31.99)
○ Map Pack North America (€39,99 | £24.99)
○ Map Pack Russia (€19,99 | £15.99)

VIDEOS

► Brain Challenge
○ Trailer

► Lord of the Rings Conquest
○ Good to be Bad Trailer

► Tekken 6
○ Exclusive PlayStation Store Trailer

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I lost my old list.

What stuff is SCEE still missing? I'll shoot an email demanding some answers

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I have a question. Since Bust A Groove is on the European site and I live in the USA, can I still purchase it and play it with no problem if I were to use a PSN card as the currency?

SnowDog

Neo Member
Wow at the shitness of todays EU update!
I gave in and bought Lumines from HK store.
Wonder where the Blast Factor and echochrome patches are as well?

BeeDog

McBacon said:
I lost my old list.

The trophy patches for echochrome and Blast Factor, and probably High Velocity Bowling, Super Street Fighter HD Remix, the Dark Mist expansion, ehm... all I can think of right now.

McBacon said:
I lost my old list.

Cash Guns Chaos
Dark Mist Expansion
Jeopardy!
Lumines Supernova
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode One
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode Two
PowerUp Forever
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

+ 200 PSOne Classics.

McBacon said:
Don't we have more PSOne content than America?
I wish they would add some of the great games from the Japanese PSN store.

Here's the real list (from Wikipedia):

2 Xtreme
Castlevania Chronicles
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Jet Moto 3
Rally Cross
Rayman 2: The Great Escape
R-Types
Sno-Cross Championship Racing
Spyro the Dragon
Street Fighter Alpha
Suikoden
Tekken 2
Twisted Metal 2
Warhawk
Wild Arms

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Agent Icebeezy said:
I have a question. Since Bust A Groove is on the European site and I live in the USA, can I still purchase it and play it with no problem if I were to use a PSN card as the currency?

You've a US system?

Be careful...PAL PSone games from the store (and, in fact, some other PSN games) don't work on my Japanese PS3..the PSone games specifically complain that the video output mode isn't supported. It may be the same for US systems.

SnowDog said:
Wow at the shitness of todays EU update!
I gave in and bought Lumines from HK store.
Wonder where the Blast Factor and echochrome patches are as well?
I don't think Q Entertainment has submitted Lumines Supernova to Europe yet. I thought I heard somewhere that once the game came out in the BA, they'd submit to SCEE. Since SCEE hasn't returned until Jan. 5th (and it takes them around two weeks to approve a game), it will probably not come until mid to late January.

I kind of expect a weak NA PS Store update also today since SCEA just got back from vacation (and probably the reason we aren't see the skate 2 demo this week is because it was submitted to them on Monday).

How is Lumines Live compared to Supernova?

I didn't want to buy Live when it first came out, but now I've not played Lumines in ages, can't be arsed with my PSP, it's been reduced in price since then, and Supernova doesn't want to come out here...

What Euro store is Bust A Groove on? It isn't on the UK store. And whatever happened to the games that got put up ages ago and got pulled shortly after (I think Spyro was one?)

buffi

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:

Bust A Groove is not out in Europe.

gofreak said:
You've a US system?

Be careful...PAL PSone games from the store (and, in fact, some other PSN games) don't work on my Japanese PS3..the PSone games specifically complain that the video output mode isn't supported. It may be the same for US systems.

I have a US-system. Kula World works fine (I'm on a HDTV).

WTFing

Banned
sxy69u.gif

SappYoda

Underwhelming update :( and next week wont be any better I think (at least for Europe).

By the way, I am able to download Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom using the ads in the Spanish store even thought the game has not been released in Europe...

If the game gets released today in America something will start to stink in SCEE.

The game costs 9.99€

kassatsu

Banned
SappYoda said:
By the way, I am able to download Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom using the ads in the Spanish store even thought the game has not been released in Europe...
It was released last week, just not in all territories.

SappYoda

kassatsu said:
It was released last week, just not in all territories.

I missed this then :S

This might mean that European stores share the same files and ads, and makes the whole thing even more weirder.

FlatOut PSP is also missing from the Spanish store :/
Same as Puzzle Quest PS3...

FlatOut was translated into Spanish so it does not make any sense that the game is not available here...

Its starting to become a trend.

GrayFoxPL said:
I see mahjong normally.

/SHrug

Mahjong is not available at the spanish store. As soon as the ad gets changed people won't be able to buy it again.

nyong

Banned
With regards to the Sega Genesis games, does anyone know if they come with trophy support? I'm sure the answer is buried somewhere, although I didn't see it...

MadFuzzy

archnemesis said:
Cash Guns Chaos
Lumines Supernova
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode One
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode Two
PowerUp Forever
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

I believe that all of these are all down to their individual publishers, not SCEE.

If the publishers choose to get their games certified by SCEA first, release them and then do the PAL version later that's their choice and the real cause for the delay, it's not something that SCEE can do anything about (likewise for the stuff released in Europe that isn't out in the US yet like GTI Club, Astro Tripper, etc).

Life would be much simpler if Sony had global certification, if publishers chose to certify and release PSN titles simultaneously or if they delayed the release in one territory so that the title could come out at the same time in another to minimise these sort of problems.

+ 200 PSOne Classics.

Again apparently it's the publisher's choice to release PS1 games or not, not Sony's. It seems that Japanese publishers are much keener to do this in their own native market rather than overseas for some reason.

Vashu

MadFuzzy said:
I believe that all of these are all down to their individual publishers, not SCEE.

If the publishers choose to get their games certified by SCEA first, release them and then do the PAL version later that's their choice and the real cause for the delay, it's not something that SCEE can do anything about (likewise for the stuff released in Europe that isn't out in the US yet like GTI Club, Astro Tripper, etc).

Life would be much simpler if Sony had global certification, if publishers chose to certify and release PSN titles simultaneously or if they delayed the release in one territory so that the title could come out at the same time in another to minimise these sort of problems.

Again apparently it's the publisher's choice to release PS1 games or not, not Sony's. It seems that Japanese publishers are much keener to do this in their own native market rather than overseas for some reason.

I believe they changed that already a while ago, or have been intended to. There was some news about that a while ago, but maybe some games fell through the maze here in Europe. I certainly hope not, because I want my Lumines and Street Fighter.

Surely the boat with SSF2THD has been well and truly missed by Capcom or SCEE at this point. The real deal is out in a month. The game must be fully translated since the Live version is out, so... whut.

Rolf NB

Someone should pat the Euro PSN monkey on the ass. A job well done, and timely. Okay, the content isn't all that interesting, but he did press that button like the champ he is! All hail the monkey!

Shh, don't discourage him. We must keep his motivation levels high adequate.

gofreak said:
You've a US system?

What resolution are you playing in? I can play PAL PSone games from the store but only in 1080i.

Top Bottom