• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV demo only comes with first shipment of FF Type-0 HD "Day One" copies

Scrawnton

After all the whining I've seen from people wanting type-0 to be localized, I'm shocked a lot of people are mad at buying it day one.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'll be making use of EB's policy for this. With an Edge card, I have 7 days to return the game if I'm not satisfied. So I'll pre-order. If I don't feel Type-0 is worth the $70 (CAD), I'll return it, but only after registering for the FF XV demo.

After all the whining I've seen from people wanting type-0 to be localized, I'm shocked a lot of people are mad at buying it day one.

I don't think a lot of us expected a PSP port to be $70.

dramatis

Those people probably have the game preordered. It's the people who have no to middling interest in Type-0 but super interest in 15 who find the condition of having to pay $60 for a demo in the modern day appalling.

And they're right, it is appalling, but SE wants to make money and make sales. I'm not preordering because I don't think Type0 or the demo merits 60 dollars, but I understand the sentiment behind the distaste.

Threads like this always reminds me that no matter how good FFXV turns out people will still find reason to shit on it, because 'lol square'

Anyway, already played Type-0 for 80 hours, will be getting this version as well, great game.

But it's like voting. Doesn't matter.

Gaming is really starting to hit the brim of what's acceptable nowadays. First DLC, then on-disc DLC, then season passes, then in-game apps, then microtransactions to speed things up, then pay to win, then games released without enough content.

People keep saying, "B-b-b-b-but slippery slope! Don't buy if you don't want it!" Sometimes the slope is winter wonderland. In this case it's not a big deal due to the niche appeal, but the trend will never really stop. Don't pretend it will, and don't pretend anybody here has power over it. Not supporting something means little when said thing continues propagating and gets worse.

You should really stop and think about what you write. The reason why companies continue to propagate certain business practices is because people SUPPORT them, so yes, voting with your wallet counts.

Valus

I'll just judge the game based on GAF's review of the demo. I know better than to pre-order anything Square these days.

daveo42

Banned
While I am highly interested in the FFXV demo just to mess around with it, I'm not sure I can justify paying $60 for a game I already own on the PSP and probably won't have the time to devote for another long-ish game next year as there are better releases coming. Maybe my friend will buy it and I'll just borrow the demo from him if it comes packed in. If it is digital only, I suppose waiting isn't that bad a deal.

Also, even if SE is saying that they will never release a demo of FFXV and are adamant about it now, I can see them releasing it separate if this doesn't generate enough hype for the game because people aren't going to buy a $60 HD remaster of a PSP game. At least ZoE was fun, interesting, and new.

The End

If I hadn't already played (and loved) the fan translation of FFT-0 I'd be outraged, but I know the game itself is something I will enjoy...

Sigh

*Pre-Ordered*

TTOOLL

shinjilaughing.JPG

this picture is so fitting lol

Some gaffers love to senselessly shit on SE.

Posts like this from people wondering why on earth some people are complaining - how hard is it to understand why some people may be annoyed at this?

What if some people aren't in any position financially or for any other understandable reason to be able to pick up Type-0 HD super early on for full price?

What if some people are more interested in the FFXV than Type-0 HD itself, and are annoyed that the demo will be bolted onto another game?

Yes, this is not exclusive to Square-Enix. No, this is not the first time Square-Enix have done it (though I don't think they've limited demos to only first prints of a game before). It doesn't mean people don't have the right to voice their ire at this practice, as understandable as it is business-wise.

I personally don't care enough about the demo or Type-0 HD to fork out full price for it at Day 1, so I will happily sit it out and wait until it halves in price. Have fun with the demo, the rest of you.

LProtag

I mean, I already want the game because I've been waiting for it forever, but it just seems like they're doing this to boost the sales of the game, rather than reward people with a XV demo.

The End

I mean, I already want the game because I've been waiting for it forever, but it just seems like they're doing this to boost the sales of the game, rather than reward people with a XV demo.

I'd say it's to counter the Steam Effect

with the speed at which games drop in price now (DA:I was $45 three weeks after it came out), they want to get as many people to pay full price as possible

once the first (demo-having) printing is sold out, i'm sure FFT-0 will be $40 everywhere

Bashtee

They can keep it, I won't pay full retail price or 100€ for the CE (if it even comes to the EU, with few selected tracks lol). No demo is worth that much money. "HD" port of an old game... This is just insulting.

Wasn't this known already? I don't see what the big deal is. The only reason most people were gonna buy FF-Type 0 HD was because of the demo. If you want the demo, pre-order. If you don't care about the demo, just wait until the game goes down in price.

They can keep it, I won't pay full retail price or 100€ for the CE (if it even comes to the EU, with few selected tracks lol). No demo is worth that much money. "HD" port of an old game... This is just insulting.

It comes with every first print of the game, normal, CE and digital...

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Have this pre-order but thinking about not buying it and importing the psp version out of disgust

KoopaTheCasual

Posts like this from people wondering why on earth some people are complaining - how hard is it to understand why some people may be annoyed at this?

What if some people aren't in any position financially or for any other understandable reason to be able to pick up Type-0 HD super early on for full price?

What if some people are more interested in the FFXV than Type-0 HD itself, and are annoyed that the demo will be bolted onto another game?

Yes, this is not exclusive to Square-Enix. No, this is not the first time Square-Enix have done it (though I don't think they've limited demos to only first prints of a game before). It doesn't mean people don't have the right to voice their ire at this practice, as understandable as it is business-wise.

I personally don't care enough about the demo or Type-0 HD to fork out full price for it at Day 1, so I will happily sit it out and wait until it halves in price. Have fun with the demo, the rest of you.
I'm not saying this is a great move to consumers, and there are plenty of people in the thread sharing their "disappointment" which is reasonable. But then you have melodramatic posts like this, polluting most SE threads:
LOL

This stupid company ><
]? Yeah, you can go shoot yourselves in both feet.
So, anyone still want to defend this shit?
Square is on fire

It's tiresome.

HyperOne

Banned
I'll end up getting it since I am stoked for FF Type-0 HD, but will likely never play it because the bro-fest that seems to be FFXV disgusts me tonally.

Vashetti

Banned
All this says to me is that they don't have the confidence that Type-0 will sell on its own.

So they have to create artificial demand and a 'rush' for people to get it full-price, on release.

I'll watch the demo on YouTube and wait for the price to come down on Type-0, whether I get a demo code with it or not.

I'm not forking out £40 for a PSP game in HD with some nicer lighting.

Brofest? Having a friendship group with 3 slim metrosexual guys is a brofest?
I think brofest fits. The key here is that it doesn't seem to be a crew of dudebros.

These guys are out on a "bro road trip" or Brodtrip&#8482;, as I've just this moment decided to call it. Think more... camping, stopping for photo ops and heading off to face your destiny; Less "YEAH! SPRING BREAK BITCHES!".

Say what now? This game is going to be 60 dollar? I honestly thought this was going to be 20... 60$ even with the demo included is just wanting it to fail...

Talax

Well, I guess that's 60 dollars of confirmed spending for me in March.........

Take my money Square. I can't seem to be able to resist you anyway.

Philippo

I guess this is what Tabata meant for "the demo may be avaible for a limited amount of time"? I just hope they won't let us play the demo for a short period.

Muffdraul

Eh, I was probably going to buy Type-0 anyway. Probably...

I never would have bought Tobal #1 if not for the FFVII demo, and I ended up loving Tobal and playing the living shit out of it for weeks.

You are going to miss out playing a cool game to prove a point? Way to stick it to the man!

My interest in Type O was shaky to begin with, and when SE exhibits a blatant lack of confidence like this in their own product, it doesn't help matters. I was gonna buy it for the most part to contribute my own drop in the bucket and support them bringing over an RPG(ish?) game on consoles.

I have no obligation to spend my time and cash on this though if I don't like what they're doing. I have a backlog and there's no shortage of other cool games coming out.

Yasae

Banned
Are you KIDDING ME? In the 90's you had to subscribe to fucking magazines to get many exclusive demos. Those discs weren't limited??

I understand not liking the practice, but pretending this is some new thing is absurd.
How long ago was the 90s? How common were downloadable demos for consoles then? Even PC Gamer did it for almost 20 years.

The demos still weren't in limited quantities, i.e. below normal demand. Issues would go out of print, but they didn't hoard discs.
You should really stop and think about what you write. The reason why companies continue to propagate certain business practices is because people SUPPORT them, so yes, voting with your wallet counts.
The reason this company promotes this practice is because they know they can get away with it, though I would argue releasing your demo online from the start and charging half for this (admittedly nicer looking) HD port would go much further overall.

But who fucking makes these charity predictions? Not S-E.

Top Bottom