• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Gets New Direct-Feed Screenshots From Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Votron

I understand the reason why they are using the filter here but it kinda make it look sorta dull.. And no, I do not mean it should be colorful instead.

Dinjooh

I've updated the official list of reasons why you should not buy The Order: 1886 with every concern people have posted in here so far.

Let me know if I've missed anything

lLCTobj.jpg

We're going to need a bigger board.

I would've been suspicious aswell if it weren't for the name. That has to be the stupidest name if it's actually an astroturfer - might aswell call himself iworkforSONY

That's all part of the game. No one would think he would be that stupid.

Mods keep requesting proof and he refuses to provide it. Then others commented that review copies weren't out that early nor were the broken street day ones out yet. He claims that reviewers are getting copies now.

He posts enough generic stuff to either be a plant or just a random. Seriously, how can anyone claim that a game out in the first 1.5 years of a console is better than anything we will see in the next few years.

RexNovis

Banned
Ryse's IQ (at least on the Xbox One), whilst very good overall, will unlikely have the cleanliness and consistency of The Order 1886. Although rare in Ryse, I doubt we'll get this level of random aliasing in The Order. I'm also going to hazard a guess that when stationary, The Order 1886 will have more macro detailing too, but I guess it remains to be seen.

Ryse screenshot

Ryse screenshot 2

Honestly I have a feeling as Roboplato has been saying that it will be the consistency of assets and IQ that will sell this game and place it firmly above anything else out there currently. Aside from some wonky facial animations everything I've seen of the game is absolutely pristine and if that's what we can expect from the game as a whole then we're in for quite the treat.

Dinjooh

Mods keep requesting proof and he refuses to provide it. Then others commented that review copies weren't out that early nor were the broken street day ones out yet. He claims that reviewers are getting copies now.

He posts enough generic stuff to either be a plant or just a random. Seriously, how can anyone claim that a game out in the first 1.5 years of a console is better than anything we will see in the next few years.

Honestly the username coupled with his 'best tps this gen!' comments just makes me think he's an overexcited fan. (who totally hasn't played the game yet)

Cornbread78

Send Bish in for "The Vetting" I bet he could get them to talk....

kpaadet

If he was a plant he would be able to prove he had the game, just seems like a troll.

That tweet is a year old, you sure that is correct?

Ryse's IQ (at least on the Xbox One), whilst very good overall, will unlikely have the cleanliness and consistency of The Order 1886. Although rare in Ryse, I doubt we'll get this level of random aliasing in The Order. I'm also going to hazard a guess that when stationary, The Order 1886 will have more macro detailing too, but I guess it remains to be seen.

Ryse screenshot

Ryse screenshot 2
The order seems to be using more depth of field in the gameplay itself, so it will be interesting to see more when the game comes out. But I hope to dear god it would have a higher detail given its MSAA and native pixel mapping.

Already watching the leaked footage I have seen some stuff (tech-wise, obviously) that I would like to mention in open conversation with you dudes, but dont want to be spoilerific.
Honestly I have a feeling as Roboplato has been saying that it will be the consistency of assets and IQ that will sell this game and place it firmly above anything else out there currently. Aside from some wonky facial animations everything I've seen of the game is absolutely pristine and if that's what we can expect from the game as a whole then we're in for quite the treat.

Actually in terms of assets, one should say that they are "inconsistent" with eachother, and that is why it is great. Forward shading allows for more special shading for various different materials, rather than some catchall shading for everything (looking at you UE4). I really think forward, for a lot of projects, is the way to go (pun intended).

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
I really dont believe that these are direct feed. Looks way too blurry. Like not good blurry. Will wait for digital foundry. A very soft image in these shots.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The order seems to be using more depth of field in the gameplay itself, so it will be interesting to see more when the game comes out. But I hope to dear god it would have a higher detail given its MSAA and native pixel mapping.

Already watching the leaked footage I have seen some stuff (tech-wise, obviously) that I would like to mention in open conversation with you dudes, but dont want to be spoilerific.

If you can talk about it without spoiling anything, feel free to PM me about it. I'm very interested in the tech for this game.

So 9 days left and I've managed to avoid spoilers. I wouldn't mind getting some spoiler-free impressions from those that already have the game though.

Ryse screenshot

Ryse screenshot 2

Yeah, the IQ in Ryse from what I've seen is definitely not consistent like in The Order. The graphics overall are a decent step up from Ryse, actually. It's much easier to tell when comparing screens side by side.

I really dont believe that these are direct feed. Looks way too blurry. Like not good blurry. Will wait for digital foundry. A very soft image in these shots.

Why's that hard to believe? You get a very similar effect when capturing action sequences in films. There's plenty of video available to watch that gives you a good idea of how it will look in motion. Yes, it looks much better in motion.

Cuyejo

One thing I noticed while skimming through the 1 hour leaked video (it's gone now BTW), is that reflections on buildings windows are accurate!!! I can't think of many other games that achieve that.

Caayn

Does the game support full screen on 21:9 monitor? If not you might have a double whammy of black bars on both sides and top and bottom.
PS4 can't output in a 21:9 aspect ratio, and all 21:9 screens have a resolution of 2560x1080 or higher while the order is rendered in 1920x800.

Playing the order on a 21:9 screen would result in black bars on all sides.

jpbonadio

Banned
Looks ok i guess....

I mean for a console game it looks great but my PC was capable of these graphics in 2003. Its only logical.

At this point we all know how The Order 1886 makes PC fanboys feel, but this is already too much for me.

One more addition to my ignore list.

Handy Fake

"Why'd you call me half-breed, chap? That's really hurtful. :("

I love that picture, man.

Epitome of the British "stiff upper lip". Stoic in the face of adversity. Probably staring at the Lycan whilst all the time ready to comment on the terrible weather they'd been having.

balohna

Review embargo not being up yet isn't inspiring confidence from me. I'm sure it won't be a bad game, but it feels like they want to sell it on hype then let reviewers be like "yeah it's pretty good."

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Review embargo not being up yet isn't inspiring confidence from me. I'm sure it won't be a bad game, but it feels like they want to sell it on hype then let reviewers be like "yeah it's pretty good."
Few games have their embargoes up a week and a half before release. It'll probably be up the the middle of next week.

ViciousDS

Banned
Actually that is a great title for the OT ;)

I vote for this for OT title!

also those look like share shots....that much blur just tells me the game is going to look fantastic in motion. Those huge Crysis shots in the thread are blurry AF and that game was gorgeous. It's hard to do direct capture motion shots without a ton of blur anyways(without touching them up bullshot style)..

Late embargos happen for a variety of reasons. Infamous: Second Son had an embargo until an hour before release day because SP wanted to keep some of the story and powers a secret for as long as possible.

Given everything we've heard about some big secrets in the plot, it's not really a surprise that RAD/Sony are doing something similar with The Order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom