• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom To Announce Two New Games At E3

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Update:

The first game was Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and Capcom just gave out a hint as to what the second one is today.

Capcom Unity Twitter said:
Hot rumor bust of the day: Capcom E3 Mystery Title #2 is not -- repeat, NOT -- Devil May Cry 5. Now, what do you think it is?

Ooo, yer asking for a big hint. So: established Capcom IP.

It is NOT a remake
Source: http://twitter.com/Capcom_Unity (Several Twitter Posts There)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case anyone wasn't floored enough by Capcom's showings today, they just announced they will be announcing two new games at E3 this year.

Capcom Unity Twitter said:
@GeoffHathaway You think we have great titles now? Wait 'til we announce two more at E3!

Source: http://twitter.com/Capcom_Unity/status/1643098396

Speculation hype time!

Edit: Thought I should add a list of what's been officially announced now so we can rule them out from being "announced" later.

Announced:
Lost Planet 2
Dead Rising 2
Monster Hunter 3
Spyborgs
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Resident Evil: Dark Side Chronicles
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
MotoGP 2010 (Apparently it's the mysterious Monumental Games project)

Releasing Soon:
Bionic Commando
Dark Void

Edit 2:

HamPster PamPster posted up a hint:

HamPster PamPster said:
ALL UNITS

... I mean that they talked about this on the giantbombcast already when some Capcom guys were on for Bionic Commando

To help in predictions:
1 will surprise us
1 we will see coming

Majmun

Capcom just keeps on going.

SFIV, RE5, Bionic Commando, Lost Planet 2, Dark Void and Dead Rising 2 all out this year.

They're awesome. I want a new Breath of Fire btw.

ALL UNITS

... I mean that they talked about this on the giantbombcast already when some Capcom guys were on for Bionic Commando

To help in predictions:
1 will surprise us
1 we will see coming

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
New Street Fighter 4 Iteration.
Devil May Cry 5.

And woohoo for announcement of an announcement to come. This shit is getting old.

DMC5 for sure, I think. Sold really well, and we're seeing the Lost Planet and Dead Rising sequels on their way, so it stands to reason the Framework 2.0 iteration of DMC will be on its way.

Bayonetta of course will be shots fired across their starboard bow :D

dmc5

the other franchises have already gotten recent installments or have at least been announced for this year. dmc5 for fall 2010 is almost a no brainer.

im sure game #2 will be something crappy and forgettable though. blah blah remake HD upscaled with achievements for small target audience yay surprise.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Probably a new iteration of Street Fighter 4 (Hyper Fighting, Super, whatever).

As for the second? Who knows, maybe a new Megaman or something.

Kard8p3

Yeah the capcom guys talked about this in a giant bomb podcast. They said one game would be something everyone would love and the other would be an expected announcement but cool none the less.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Target said:
Viewtiful Joe 3!
:(

this idea gets me the most excited.

and don't frown. keep the faith, my friend. if nothing else, they'll wait ten or fifteen years then bring him back as a retro franchise, then run it into the ground with a more of the same sequel. the cycle repeats itself.

Guled

HamPster PamPster said:
ALL UNITS

To help in predictions:
1 will surprise us
1 we will see coming
I stand by my predictions then

Onimusha 5 - we see coming
MvC3 - surprise

I think DMC would be saved for TGS

Prine

Banned
Anything but more fighters, cant stand them. But if they do announce more fighters, its ok. There are people out there that love them. So be it.

JdFoX187

Banned
I wouldn't mind seeing a new Onimusha. A new Devil May Cry would be disappointing. I liked it, but I don't know. Curious to see what they offer though. I've bought every Capcom game so far this gen.

Top Bottom