• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 appears on Ubisoft employee's CV

DOWN

Banned
tumblr_inline_n2v19bSfjH1qhv088.gif

The series has massive potential so I'm glad for current gen only round 2

I'm keen for a Watch Dogs 2. I actually really enjoyed the first game. The side missions were very repetitive but I did like the story they were trying to tell and the world they have created. It really got me thinking about our neighbours and the general public and what they get up to behind closed doors. You just never know!

Jawmuncher

We knew it would happen. More curious if it'll be next year or take a longer break to get a AC2 like change. Hoping we can actually be evil in this, not just a bar that really doesn't amount to much. If not evil they need to do a better job on vigilantism since his story is done on revenge.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ehhhh, what about the rest of the Season Pass content for WD1?

The Season Pass is complete and has been since the release of Bad Blood. The "additional missions" Ubi promised are the three missions that come with the Access Granted pack.

Setsuna

Yeah I hope Aiden isn't a part of it. Such a boring guy.

Playing Watch Dogs felt kinda good when it came out but going back after playing gta 5 for next-gen... Holy shit Chicago is a boring town. Both when it comes to the looks and level design.

But it makes gta 5 look like a joke when it comes to combat police chases and interactivity

Lanrutcon

Well, maybe he was part of the 6 month project to put together the spreadsheet listing all the different versions and pre-order bonuses for the sequel.

I hear they're almost done.

Azzawon

The Season Pass is complete and has been since the release of Bad Blood. The "additional missions" Ubi promised are the three missions that come with the Access Granted pack.

Ah really? I must have missed that haha! I thought they was going to be released by schedule but I can't have noticed them unlocking on day one! Thanks for clearing that up though, I've been wondering for ages.

Sijil

Assassin creed to assassin's creed 2

Far cry 2 to far cry 3

Its the ubipattern

I kind of enjoyed Far Cry 2 more than 3, seemed more atmospheric and politically charged, really felt the Heart of Darkeness vibe, gameplay let it down tho especially not taking advantage of a factions loyalty system.

For added hilarity, if you pre-ordered the correct edition of Watch Dogs, you already have the missions. So the season pass is a waste of money!

AHA-Lambda

WatchDogs 2 may actually be a great game. I can still remember how glitchy and repetitive the 1st Assassin's Creed was, but then they released the best game of the series with Assassin's Creed II.

People keep saying this but AC2 gave us the template Ubi refuse to deviate from, why should WD2 be any substantially different to the first?

b0bbyJ03

I don't think I can stand another full game of Aiden pierce. Hopefully they'll change the main character and shake up the Ubi formula

Mob_zter

Neo Member
Oh yeahh. BIG Suprise .. Let me tell you what Unannounced Games Ubisoft working on.
Watch Dogs 2 & 3 ,AC victory (releasing this year) Assassins Creed V / Assassins Creed VI,Most likely Assassins Creed VII / FarCry 5 , FarCry 6 ,Next Splinter Cell game, Price of Persia Reboot

I don't know, Ubisoft Games feel really the same now. AC, Watch Dogs, Far Cry, it's all about unlock parts of the map and then do repetitive things in the world with some mainplot quests between. Doing that open world stuff was fun for a while in WD, but the mainplot was just really bad

I just hope the Division will be any good

iKhayal18

I wish they could reconsider making it on Wii U, and this time from the beginning. Launching it at the same time as the rest of platforms and paying attention to the possibilities that the Gamepad can bring. The interactive map on Wii's Watchdogs was very useful.

Also, I hope they can get a better music selection for Watch Dogs 2 radio, because even though that the original score was quite good, the radio selection was awful except for a few tracks.

bryanee

Goooood, gooooood. I really enjoyed the first so if the sequel improves upon that then I'll be a happy chappy.

I don't think I can stand another full game of Aiden pierce. Hopefully they'll change the main character and shake up the Ubi formula

I hope they take a page out of GTA V and offer a team of fixers gaming the system, with banter and relationship friction along the way.

In particular, they should drop the angsty Batman-angle... just let us fight the corrupt and help the downtrodden in the style of Leverage and Person of Interest. The spirit of hacking is gleeful anarchy and revenge of the underdog, not brooding over the summary execution of crime lords.

Pretty sure Ubisoft heard the response to Pearce loud and clear. I'd be very surprised if they cast him as the 'hero' again... maybe a shadowy mentor or even antagonist.

Unsurprising. It sold really well didn't it? I thought it was decent. Nothing particularly special but the hacking was good fun at times. The online was a blast as well.

Shocking news :p Regardless of its quality and reception, it still sold tons and Ubi invested a lot of money on marketing, so they will probably try to make it their alternating franchise. AC this year, W_D next year, and so on.

I bet there will also be an Assassin's Creed in development, probably set in London with a female playable character or something. Crazy, huh?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm inclined to agree, though maybe this is that leak, albeit a small scale one.

Yeah, it's possible Ubi outed whoever fed Kotaku the early media of Unity and Victory, and now instead of screenshots we have a LinkedIn listing.

Is the first one a good game? I know it's not too well received here but the DEDSEC edition is on sale for €40 here and I was wondering if it's worth a purchase or not. Seemed a cool concept for a game.

Valnen

I really hope it'll look as good as the original E3 demo. Has any game looked that good yet? Is it even possible on PS4 hardware?

JoeNut

to be fair if they do it right i think it good be good. the first one was awful but it showed what they were trying to do at least

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I kind of enjoyed Far Cry 2 more than 3, seemed more atmospheric and politically charged, really felt the Heart of Darkeness vibe, gameplay let it down tho especially not taking advantage of a factions loyalty system.

I liked 3 better than 2 in nearly most aspects

Mob_zter

Neo Member
Shocking news :p Regardless of its quality and reception, it still sold tons and Ubi invested a lot of money on marketing, so they will probably try to make it their alternating franchise. AC this year, W_D next year, and so on.

I bet there will also be an Assassin's Creed in development, probably set in London with a female playable character or something. Crazy, huh?

I dont think they will go for 2 year releases. UBI milking AC Franshise. look How many AC games released sinnce 2007 .
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed 3
Assassin's Creed Liberation
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Rouge
Assassin's Creed Victory (2015) 10th game.

Thats 10 games for 8 years, They are gonna milk Watch Dogs. Im sure they'll go with Yearly after they released WD 2

I dont think they will go for 2 year releases. UBI milking AC Franshise. look How many AC games released sinnce 2007 .
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed 3
Assassin's Creed Liberation
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Rouge
Assassin's Creed Victory (2015) 10th game.

Thats 10 games for 8 years, They are gonna milk Watch Dogs. Im sure they'll go with Yearly after they released WD 2

I don't know, I just think at some point there will be franchise fatigue and they'll try to alternate releases.

Maybe I'm just giving the masses (and Ubi) too much credit though.

Is the first one a good game? I know it's not too well received here but the DEDSEC edition is on sale for €40 here and I was wondering if it's worth a purchase or not. Seemed a cool concept for a game.

Its biggest strengths are the fluid and dynamic stealth and shooting mechanics, which are probably the best in any open world game so far. The hacking is a bit of a gimmick but nicely implemented. I found these mechanics enjoyable throughout and it was enough to carry the game for me, especially with repeatable and emergent content such as convoy ambushes and stronghold assaults.

On the downside, the story is cringeworthy, not just from a plot perspective but because it takes itself so damn seriously with unlikeable or inscrutable characters everywhere. The open world also leaves much to be desired... although pretty to look at, the city feels very empty and lifeless and almost all the quirky, fun stuff is shunted off to its own sandbox in 'VR' sidemissions. The multiplayer invasions are fun in concept but horribly imbalanced and annoying because of it.

If you can get it cheap, I can recommend it - it's enjoyable even though, as many have said, there's potential for a much better game there.

Mob_zter

Neo Member
I don't know, I just think at some point there will be franchise fatigue and they'll try to alternate releases.

Maybe I'm just giving the masses (and Ubi) too much credit though.

Yeah Maybe that can happen. But still AC games are selling like Hot cakes. People Still Asking for Egypt,China, Japan.. They will come for that if they saw, their sales getting low. But im sure Ubi learned their lesson with Unity. I don't know how much they sold unity but im sure its lower than Black Flag or AC 3 .

Ubisoft got thousands of people working around the world. I think they can easily put at least 3 AAA releases yearly. I don't know even EA can do that..

The only thing that can really get me excited is if this sequel is a far future setting with flying cars and robots and hacking magic powers.

Current day serious dour GTA ripoff again? No thanks.

I did enjoy the stealth oriented missions though. I think they should keep it as a stealth game and drastically reduce the number of guns and amount of ammo available to you.

Skux

Looking forward to see how ridiculously bullshotty the premiere footage is compared to the actual finished product.

I did enjoy the game though. It actually has the best shooting of an open world game I've played. The online hacking stuff was really fun too.

They just need to work on, you know, everything else.

Did anyone else play this game trying to avoid shooting and kiling as often as possible? I thought it offered a good balance between needing to plan out your actions and avoided being frustrating or enemies that spotted you for no good reason.

Top Bottom