• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 appears on Ubisoft employee's CV

Xater

This time they will actually follow through with their vision and it won't play like every other Ubisoft open wolrd game, right? RIGHT?

Of course they won't and it will not.

Lacix

I hope they change the protagonist. I really disliked Adam Pearce's face and monotone voice.

The most fun I had with the killings by accident through the cameras. It should be extended to have more possibilities to remote control the surrounding machines etc. to have Final Destination like killings (or just lock people away from my path). :D

The multiplayer was refreshing and the city life more alive and diverse than in this other famous open-world game we all know, love and hate.

If they add some new stuff to the mp I would at least think twice.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It's stealth and shooting mechanics are far beyond any other open world game imo, if they can build on that it could be something special.

Please Ubisoft, for the love of god, no more radio towers.

A solid 6/10 game for me. Not impressive or offensive.

The stealth aspect was actually pretty great for an open world game.

Though for the love of God Ubi: fix the car physics, ditch Aiden and don't you dare bullshot us with preview footage.

Yasae

Banned
ibs07bttktgLmm.gif

I had to.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
if anyone is surprised by this then they never played the game as it hints towards a follow up game.

it wasn't an amazing game nor a terrible one but enjoyable. i'd definitely buy Watch Dogs 2. this time around i don't think i'll pre order a digital copy though so i can trade it in once i'm done with the story.

RootCause

Just as I predicted on the e3 thread, but let's be honest we all knew it was coming. :p
I'm excited. Watch dogs was a fun game, hoping the jump is big like AC to ac2. Oh, and fix the driving.

Mob_zter

Neo Member
This time they will actually follow through with their vision and it won't play like every other Ubisoft open wolrd game, right? RIGHT?

Of course they won't and it will not.

Yeah agree with this.
All Ubisoft games these days are.

Go here do this,
Climb this building to reveal part of your map
Collect these 300+ collectibles on the Map

Not even surprised. I think I'd only be surprised if it turned out that he was working on Watch Dogs 3, and even then it wouldn't surprise me too much.

I should probably get round to finishing Watch Dogs but....eh. Got better things to play.

Watch Dogs has a lot of potential, I actually really enjoyed it. I would rather Ubi focus on WD and give up the ghost on Assassins Creed, and take a few years off from Far Cry.

Change up the formula a bit and make WD 2 less "samey" with their other open world games, and it could be awesome.

Kssio_Aug

I dont think they will go for 2 year releases. UBI milking AC Franshise. look How many AC games released sinnce 2007 .
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed 3
Assassin's Creed Liberation
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Rouge
Assassin's Creed Victory (2015) 10th game.

Thats 10 games for 8 years, They are gonna milk Watch Dogs. Im sure they'll go with Yearly after they released WD 2

AC Victory for 2015? Are they planning to release it this year? I think its unlikely.

Not that it changes something on what you're saying. I agree 100%.

Akai__

Looking forward to it. First one was a solid first attempt, there's a ton of potential there.

I second that. From a gameplay perspective, it was pretty good. QTE ending was disappointing, but whatever.

I hope Ubisoft noticed some of the suggestion videos people made. There's like really good ones with missing features or improvements they could make.

This is Ubisoft, so I ask you which is less surprising the sequel or the leak?

I wouldn't have been surprised to see Watchdogs 3 leak, at this point.

They said they wanted to turn it into a series so I'm not surprised at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it were shown at E3 this summer and released next fall. That's how Ubisoft is, shit if they were really being Ubi they would release it this fall.

Loved the first one, would buy a second one day 1

Despite having the normal ubi soft formula (towers) I feel like it did some really original ideas, controlling the city, little peeks into people's lives, Invasion multiplayer.

Plus I really enjoyed some of the storylines (sex trafficking e.t.c ). Hope they make it next gen only and expand on all of the above and it could be an amazing sequel.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
But Aiden Pearce though.......
The dudes from Northern Ireland, it's lucky he just didn't come out swinging from the get go mumbling about 'keeping 'er lit', 'getting blocked' and having a bottle of buckie under a bridge.

I say all this as a proud Norn Irishman

How well did Watch Dogs sell?

This is another GameFly game for me, just like the original was. I'm not surprised they're making this, considering it seems like all Ubisoft is interested in is franchises, and not one-off, great games.

EDIT: Wow, according to Ubisoft, they've shipped over 10 million copies as of 12/31/2014.

LiK

Sequel was already coming so not surprising. I enjoyed the first one but I definitely want to see some improvements for the sequel.

Kssio_Aug

Yes, of course it's planned for Fall 2015 release. They've only not released an AC game in 2008.

I think its unlikely because they still have not shown enything, and theres also the fact that the second semester is extremely packed of big titles.

I guess they fear nothing though. The more we can criticize Assassin's Creed, I guess it sells pretty damn well year after year.

I think its unlikely because they still have not shown enything, and theres also the fact that the second semester is extremely packed of big titles.

I guess they fear nothing though. The more we can criticize Assassin's Creed, I guess it sells pretty damn well year after year.
Don't they usually always unveil AC games near E3?

bro1

Banned
The music in this game is god awful and the inability to have a custom soundtrack is idiotic in 2014/15

CHC

Not surprised at all, I'm sure it was in development long before the mediocre reception of the first game. If it's good then it's good, but I won't be excited until it comes out.

Setsuna

the actual game soundtrack was great. the radio music was garbage. I turned it off.

Other than like Wu tang C.R.E.A.M and Day n Nite the radio wasnt all that great

But the music that plays during during missions always got me hyped. Especially the one that plays when Aiden is going to Nikkis house after the Damien revelation

As much as people hate on Watch Dogs it was s really good attempt at making a new IP hopefully the sequel improves it. Hope for a new protagonist though

platocplx

actually platinumed the first one. I enjoyed it for the most part. I think ubi learned a lot from introducing a new IP. I hope they apply those lessons to the sequel.

Valnen

People from Northen Ireland have far more personality than Aiden Pearce, they also know how to have fun and don't tend to be socially awkward psychopaths lol.

Aiden Pearce is the worst AAA lead of all time in my opinion.

However I like Irish people, so you are safe :) LOL.

Why does a protagonist have to be some likable, perfect person?

Top Bottom