• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 appears on Ubisoft employee's CV

I wonder if watch dogs team uses a locked randomly generated world like assassins creed unitys team did. I understand they have to pump out a huge open world game every year but it seems lazy as fuck and has no creativity behind any of it makes me not want to touch a ubisoft game for a long time.

Why does a protagonist have to be some likable, perfect person?
He doesn't have to be perfect, but of course he needs to be likeable, he's the damn protagonist. There are many reasons to like a character, but you need at least one.

Aiden was everything that was wrong with the story. He was so bad that the Watch Dogs universe would be a better place if he never existed.

Setsuna

I wonder if watch dogs team uses a locked randomly generated world like assassins creed unitys team did. I understand they have to pump out a huge open world game every year but it seems lazy as fuck and has no creativity behind any of it makes me not want to touch a ubisoft game for a long time.

You think Assassin's creed unity was randomly generated?

Im convinced some people hate Ubisoft for reasons they don't even realize or comprehend

scitek

aiden-pearce.jpg

This is not good news for the sociopath that is Mr Pearce.

Serious note though, worst AAA lead in history and a unoptimised boring trash game to go along with it as well.

Will be skipping this, especially now with GTA V on PC, just opened my eyes to how bad watchdogs really was.

Only redeeming factor of watchdogs was the modelling of Chicago, though they did a good job with that.

That's it's only redeeming factor, it's nice to look at for 30 mins or so.

Conner was way worse in AC3. I was rooting for him to die a horrible death.

The worst part about Aiden is how invested he was in avenging his niece's death when his sister (his niece's fucking mother) was over it herself and urging him to stop. It was just dumb.

Yoday

This was expected, and I am looking forward to it quite a bit. The first one had a ton of potential, and I got a lot of enjoyment out of it. Bad Blood added some really cool ideas to the game, so if that is a sign of where they are going I will be quite happy. I am hoping to see it at E3 this year with a Spring 2016 release.

Harmen

I hope this will be what Assassins Creed II was to the original (and I hope they won't make it a yearly thing afterwards).

Setsuna

Conner was way worse in AC3. I was rooting for him to die a horrible death.

The worst part about Aiden is how invested he was in avenging his niece's death when his sister (his niece's fucking mother) was over it herself and urging him to stop. It was just dumb.

His sister wasn't the one getting abused as a child, his sister wasn't the one that grew up to be a thug, his sister wasn't responsible for Lenas death and lastly his sister didn't have the skill set that Aizen has that makes him particularly good at finding and eliminating people

xrnzaaas

I'm shocked it wasn't announced already. It'll almost certainly be released next year and maybe even before the Holiday season... Ubisoft invested too much money to allow the people to forget about their new brand.

Brofield

The only shocking news would be this is in works for Wii U.

As is, I personally don't see much reason to buy this new when I've bought ZombiU, Rayman Legends and AC: Black Flag all on Wii U full price in the past only to be met with no more future support.

I picked up the first game for $20 used, I don't expect that to change when I'll pick up the sequel markedly later on PS4.

Yeah agree with this.
All Ubisoft games these days are.

Go here do this,
Climb this building to reveal part of your map
Collect these 300+ collectibles on the Map

Weird, I don't recall any of that in Call of Juarez Gunslinger, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts or South Park.

Chris1

I loved WD, but it felt very AC. I hope they change it up for WD2, not everything needs to look and play like AC. I mean having to hold in a button just to start a mission? climbing up to hack silly towers just to unlock areas of the map? It just felt very dated coming from GTA V.

Just copy Rockstar Watch Dogs, you're not gonna make a game half as good as them but their formula works and is enjoyable.

I still find it funny "3 months in los santos is enough, come to chicago" when GTA V was a game 100x better than WD (which I enjoyed, so that says a lot). I hope Rockstar takes GTA to Chicago and takes the piss outta Ubi/Watch dogs. Would be hilarious.

Hoje0308

Banned
It's Ubisoft. The only question is whether or not they're setting up more teams to shit out sequels annually.

Weird, I don't recall any of that in Call of Juarez Gunslinger, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts or South Park.

He should have been more specific and addressed the problem as affecting Ubi's open-world format.

Mob_zter

Neo Member

It's Ubisoft. The only question is whether or not they're setting up more teams to shit out sequels annually.

He should have been more specific and addressed the problem as affecting Ubi's open-world format.

Hehe Yea. I was talking about Open world games from Ubisoft. Dont get me wrong i like Ubisoft games. Splinter cell Blacklist was awesome. AC games, Farcry,Watch dogs ,all these games are very good game. They got very talented people .But their Open world formula is getting old. Its getting kinda boring. its like its the same thing with different skins

Brakus

Banned
No thanks, it will probably be just as technically awful as all other Ubi games, they should just make a game called Stuttering Stanley just for PC, least we'd all know for sure what we're getting.

Setsuna

Hehe Yea. I was talking about Open world games from Ubisoft. Dont get me wrong i like Ubisoft games. Splinter cell Blacklist was awesome. AC games, Farcry,Watch dogs ,all these games are very good game. They got very talented people .But their Open world formula is getting old. Its getting kinda boring. its like its the same thing with different skins

Theres only so many gameplay systems you can put in an open world game

Rockstar did 3 island systems locked behind a story for a decade and no one complained
bethesda hides all but major locations on there maps until you stumble upon them for over a decade

Ubisoft finds there one thing and everyone gives them shit for it

Theres only so many gameplay systems you can put in an open world game

Rockstar did 3 island systems locked behind a story for a decade and no one complained
bethesda hides all but major locations on there maps until you stumble upon them for over a decade

Ubisoft finds there one thing and everyone gives them shit for it

Because Ubisoft's UbiTowers are shit and feel like busywork. End of story.

DOWN

Banned
I dont think they will go for 2 year releases. UBI milking AC Franshise. look How many AC games released sinnce 2007 .
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed 3
Assassin's Creed Liberation
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Rouge
Assassin's Creed Victory (2015) 10th game.

Thats 10 games for 8 years, They are gonna milk Watch Dogs. Im sure they'll go with Yearly after they released WD 2

Don't count the spinoffs. Nobody getting in line for GTA Chinatown Wars. Spinoffs ain't nothing.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Man I completely forgot about Watch Dogs as a franchise. Seems like the timing is right for a sequel unveil.

Setsuna

Because Ubisoft's UbiTowers are shit and feel like busywork. End of story.

Busywork? they are puzzles that allow you to use the games mechanics.

If you that's busy work then you shouldn't be playing the game at all since you obviously dont like the games base mechanics

Busywork? they are puzzles that allow you to use the games mechanics.

If you that's busy work then you shouldn't be playing the game at all since you obviously dont like the games base mechanics

They are not even puzzles except in Watch Dogs though. And towers are not a games damn base mechanics so what you talking about?

They are not even puzzles except in Watch Dogs though. And towers are not a games damn base mechanics so what you talking about?

If you don't like those towers mechanics then don't do them.

You're only required to do the 1st one, I finished Unity, Watch Dogs and Far Cry 4 without doing it.

eksy

Banned
Loved Watch Dogs. That game has style. Will buy again. Although its fun taking out enemies with environmental explosions, setting off their grenades, etc, I fear it may get rote and played out. Hopefully they find a way to mix it up.

The hacking puzzles were actually engaging as well (rewarding you with some candid moments) and exploring the camera systems to try and find ways to infiltrate a restricted area without enemy engagement just felt smooth.

Great soundtrack, setting, and I really liked the UI. Nothing makes you feel more badass than cutting the power grid only to take an extendable baton to a couple of guys, taking them out before the lights return. Or using blockers at the right time to make an escape.

Let the haters hate. I look forward to playing this game.

FLAguy954

shocking news. lol.

hope its a jump like AC1 to AC 2

This is what I'm hoping for. Overall, the game play mechanics and Gang Hideout missions made the game enjoyable for me.

Hopefully they can also fix the driving, protagonist issues, and story telling in the sequel.

Not really shocking, but I'm still excited. I loved the first one and spent hours walking around Chicago listening to people's crazy ass phone calls, reading text messages, and hacking into people's homes and spying on them through their computer's webcam. Plus hopefully there will be no cross gen so the game should look and play even better.

The one complaint about the game I had is the online invasions. They happened SO FREAKING OFTEN in my games that I had to turn them off. Maybe once every few hours, but damn it felt like every 15 mins.

Setsuna

Not really shocking, but I'm still excited. I loved the first one and spent hours walking around Chicago listening to people's crazy ass phone calls, reading text messages, and hacking into people's homes and spying on them through their computer's webcam. Plus hopefully there will be no cross gen so the game should look and play even better.

The one complaint about the game I had is the online invasions. They happened SO FREAKING OFTEN in my games that I had to turn them off. Maybe once every few hours, but damn it felt like every 15 mins.

I have the opposite problem. Online invasions almost never happen until i decide to get a level 4 wanted level then all of a sudden invaded

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I found that the invasions tended to happen almost immediately after you finish a mission. Something about finishing an activity seems to be a prompt for people invading you. Also I tended to fuck people over by doing slow mo to test if someone is in my game before the invasion is triggered, and I end up killing them before they can do anything. I loved the invasion stuff, but some changes to it would be welcome.

Really looking forward to the sequel. So much potential and the first was already my favourite AAA game of 2014.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Holy ignorance batman, lol it wasn't randomly generated. They just had tools that eased up the development of assets. They didn't just click a button and boom a city appeared.

Pretty cool, even though i hate most of the characters and settings in UBI games, i pretty much liked the gameplay in the first game.

Top Bottom