• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Is your system ready - Nvidia official system requirements

Gaz_RB

I've got a 960 and was thinking about whether it's be worth it to upgrade to a 970 or 80. But I think I'll be ok with Witcher 3. I'll probably lock it to 30 anyway, depending on the settings available.

Redmoon

My two Titan X's at 1500/8200 should chew through this at 4K uber w/ GW going by that chart. Also oc'd my cpu to 4.9 recently so this should help the bottom line.

Cant wait for Tuesday :)

aravuus

40-60fps on ultra settings with a single GTX970 sounds good, should probably reach stable 60 if I drop stuff like AA and AO down a bit.

What's gameworks, though? The dynamic hair stuff? I can live without that

Tovarisc

40-60fps on ultra settings with a single GTX970 sounds good, should probably reach stable 60 if I drop stuff like AA and AO down a bit.

What's gameworks, though? The dynamic hair stuff? I can live without that

I'm guessing here, but HairWorks, HBAO+ and such.

ido

So the chart isn't targeting 60FPS?

For those way more PC savvy than me, would my rig be able to maintain 60FPS at 1080p? That is kind of what I prefer more than anything else.

i5-3570k OCed to around 4.2
GTX 970 FTW OCed (forget exactly)
16GB RAM

I really hope I can maintain 60FPS. After playing GTA V at a solid 60, it's really spoiled me.

UnrealEck

So where does my 780 Ti fit? Under the 970 right? So high-uber 1080p?

Usually the 780 Ti is around similar performance to the 970.

For those way more PC savvy than me, would my rig be able to maintain 60FPS at 1080p? That is kind of what I prefer more than anything else.

i5-3570k OCed to around 4.2
GTX 970 FTW OCed (forget exactly)
16GB RAM
That machine will easily keep around 60 FPS.

You mean 980.

Well it seems to be in-between.

GavinUK86

Seems a bit of scaremongering to me. Like they're saying only the 900-series+ can play this game. I guess it is technically just one big advert. Best to wait until next week before you go ordering new hardware.

This is good news though:

dlcFvlz.png

i5 4690k
970 ftw
16GB DDR3

going for uber/ultra with gameworks because yolo

Why do I want to upgrade already only 2 months after building?

Pwnedkiller

Neo Member
Is it possible I could achieve Uber?Ultra settings with this? (Don't gotta be 60FPS at least 30)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M 2 GB
Intel Core i7 4720HQ (2.60GHz)
16GB Memory 1TB HDD

Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 860
GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970
RAM: 6Gb DDR3
SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 128Gb

I am thinking of targeting 1440p 30fps with uber settings and gameworks features enabled. If that isn't possible then I will go back down to 1080p and work with that.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
My GTX980 is ready. Uber with GameWorks here I come

AndyBNV

Nvidia
CPUs haven't really made any meaningful strides in terms of gaming since the 2500k, it's still a great processor and in most games won't bottleneck any graphics card.

Someone from Nvidia also said that Witcher 3 isn't overly CPU-reliant either.

It makes a big difference in GTAV and Dying Light, but here it's not a major factor.

Andy, do you know if the game will have some glitches on SLI in release day? Is their built in temporal AA solution SLI compatible?

Thaanks!

SLI looks perfect to me and scales at 95-99% at 4K, and only slightly lower at 1080p. AA is also working just fine with SLI.

Does Gameworks also run AMD GPUs or is it exclusive to Nvidia GPUs like PhysX?

All Witcher 3 GameWorks features are platform agnostic.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Are the settings in chart described for 60fps? If yes then seems pretty good optimization. For folks with 6/700 GPU, high settings is possible with 30fps lock

Do these settings on Uber mean full AA to it's highest potential? If so i'm gonna turn that down to its basic level. Gaming on TV at distance means I can barely tell, and hopefully my 970 can get Uber with gameworks at 60fps.

I have my current build with the 970 & an AMD 8350 but next week I'm getting a new MOBO, an i7 5820K and 16GB of DDR4

I was thinking of building a similar system soon. I honestly think that outside of some drastic changes in the way games utilize CPUs that system will last you for years. I've had an Intel i7 860 with 6Gb DDR3 since ~2010 and its been fine.

Yeah, somewhere between 960 & 970.

I guess people with mid-end 2gb cards would be fine on medium-high settings if not aiming at 60 fps. I think the 960 can even reach uber settings at 30 fps.

No way. A 780 is still slightly above a 970. A 780 is just under a 980, so if it mentions 970 then the 780 can handle it with ease.

Kanhir

Well, I do have a 970...

..and an i5 2500 + 8GB DDR3 RAM to drag it down. Maybe I can make High, at least.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
No way. A 780 is still slightly above a 970. A 780 is just under a 980, so if it mentions 970 then the 780 can handle it with ease.
No it's not. When you over clock it, the difference increases even more. Not to say, 900 series scales better in SLI as well.

hermeslyre

Neo Member
at what point does an overclocked 970 reach stock 980 levels of performance?

i have my gigabyte 970 g1 stable at about 1555-1575mhz core with about 7500 on the memory

mostly prefer to keep it at ~1540mhz or so with no voltage increase though

From the reviews I've read that actually try to push the 970 to 980 levels, ~1500Mhz on the core is around where they start trading blows, or getting close. Anything past that is just increasing the odds that you're either matching or beating a stock 980.

Here's a review where the 970 matches the 980 @1510

No it's not. When you over clock it, the difference increases even more. Not to say, 900 series scales better in SLI as well.

We're not talking SLI, we're talking single card. I've been doing test between my 780 and my 970 and the 780 is still holding it's own. The 780 also overclocks well, which is why I didn't sell it and moved it to my HTPC. For 1080p, the 780 is still a decent card at high settings. Moving to 1440 however is a different story.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
We're not talking SLI, we're talking single card. I've been doing test between my 780 and my 970 and the 780 is still holding it's own. The 780 also overclocks well, which is why I didn't sell it and moved it to my HTPC. For 1080p, the 780 is still a decent card at high settings. Moving to 1440 however is a different story.
Something is wrong with your testing. 970 beats 780 easily by 10% or so out of the box. You can compare the benchmarks on guru 3D/anandtech

Top Bottom