• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2015

foltzie1

Okay, guys, I definitely need some sort of storage after that Humble Bundle for my WiiU. Less space and not needing a power space, and DEFINITELY price are important. Don't feel like I need a ton. Right now I just need space for Metroid Prime Trilogy and some odds and ends. Not expecting to buy a ton of WiiU or Wii games digitally in the future, though there are a HANDFUL of Wii games I still need that I'd thus consider. Definitely not too many though. So I don't think I need anything huge, but I'd like some space to grow into if need be.

Sub $50 would be ideal if that's possible.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LLEODCK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

~$28 for 64GB and you could just leave it plugged in at the back of your system.

Simbabbad

Wii games still save data to the Wii mode System memory.
Indeed, I forgot downloadable Wii software wasn't handled like Wii U software. I'm also tight memory-wise, that solution could be handy. When you have a plugged USB key, the key is managed like the default memory location, though, so this would imply a lot of moving software around.

foltzie1

Indeed, I forgot downloadable Wii software wasn't handled like Wii U software. I'm also tight memory-wise, that solution could be handy. When you have a plugged USB key, the key is managed like the default memory location, though, so this would imply a lot of moving software around.

The software itself is saved to the Wii U, save data for downloaded software resides in Wii mode, which should be fine for you since it has its owned reserved memory for Wii mode.

I don't know, for some reason, it just didn't "click" with me. It didn't help that the boss battles felt like they draaaagggeeedd, & this is coming from someone who usually tries to fight all the enemies to stay leveled up and be prepared.

But seriously, that final boss battle literally took me 30+ minutes, I remember looking at the clock & questioning when the hell the damn thing was gonna end.
US version I am assuming. Yeah that game is pretty strange in that a lot of the bosses and enemies have more health but other stats lowered compared to the European and Japanese releases.

For the EU version I don't remember much of the final boss (but looking at Mario wiki right now the health is half that of the US release), in fact the whole end game was just cheese for me as I had the badge that makes items unlimited so used powerful item attacks on everything.

The real problem with the game is it was hard to lose once you had the babies and bros together and the bros dying meant the babies could just revive them at full health.

Of course on the eShop you're only getting what your region got :(

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Good news (IMO) is it's June. So MM May is over which frees up a VC slot (in theory).

Wonder what we will get?

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Got my Adventures of Pip code for Wii U earlier tonight. Only two levels in but can already tell I'm gonna like this game a lot. Looks really polished, music is really good so far, and the controls/movement just feel right. Wall jumping is just an inherently fun mechanic.

555mb download for Wii U in case anyone cares.

Isn't the DSi Shop able to accept download codes? I got at least one code I thought and I can't find the damn option! I remember codes can be DSi-specific and won't work on 3DS.

joedick

I'm glad Mega May is over so I don't have to listen to people complain about Mega May any more.

Bad guy Mega Man is stopping good guy DS games from coming out!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm glad Mega May is over so I don't have to listen to people complain about Mega May any more.

Bad guy Mega Man is stopping good guy DS games from coming out!
SURPRISE, MEGA MAN JUNE-O. MEGA MAN DS GAMES! ADVENT, ADVENT ZX, STAR FORCE, AND.....I don't know, Battle Network 5: Double Team.

Pokemaniac

Isn't the DSi Shop able to accept download codes? I got at least one code I thought and I can't find the damn option! I remember codes can be DSi-specific and won't work on 3DS.

It's the other way around. DSi has never been able to accept download codes. All DSiWare codes have to be redeemed on a 3DS.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wii games have to be done on a real Wii or in Wii U's Virtual Wii mode.

DSi games with codes have to be done on the 3DS eshop.

Nairume

Banned
sörine;166369440 said:
$8 for a game you can get in the $7 GBA Pac-Man Collection. Why'd they even bother?
Not that it's a good justification, but SNES Pac-Attack does have some extra stuff over the version that's in the GBA collection.

Got my Adventures of Pip code for Wii U earlier tonight. Only two levels in but can already tell I'm gonna like this game a lot. Looks really polished, music is really good so far, and the controls/movement just feel right. Wall jumping is just an inherently fun mechanic.
That's good news about the control and movement feeling right. An otherwise perfectly fine game can be easily ruined for me if those are messed up. I'm really interested in this one, specially after finding out the music is by Jake Kaufman!

Tizoc

I have it on Steam too, only gripe I have is lack of graphic options, and that the UI and menus could look better.

Can't wait. Looks like my kind of game.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Adventures of Pip – Adventures of Pip revitalizes the classic side-scrolling action platform genre. Digital underdog Pip proves that you can’t judge a hero by his size. During the game, Pip gains the ability to grow by absorbing pixels from his fallen foes, but Pip learns bigger is not always better. Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven – Bowl over as many enemies as possible with a single strike in this new strategy RPG from the producer of Story of Seasons and Rune Factory. The unique “bowling” battle mechanic requires lining up melee, ranged and magical attacks so frontline enemies are knocked into others for maximum collateral damage. Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Pac-Attack – PAC-MAN makes an appearance outside of his familiar maze environment in Pac-Attack, a fun and quirky Super NES puzzle game. Keep your screen clear of falling blocks and ghosts by lining them up horizontally. Pac-Attack includes three game modes to choose from: 1P Normal, 2P Versus and the challenging 1P Puzzle.

New Splatoon Update

Kicking off a steady stream of free content additions throughout the summer, Splatoon has a new weapon and map: the nostalgia-packed N-Zap ’85 rapid-fire shooter and the Port Mackerel map, both available now. The N-ZAP ’85 is a shooter with excellent ink efficiency and rapid-fire capability. Its attack power isn’t all that, but it’s fabulous at quickly charging up the Echolocator special weapon. Combined with Splat Bombs, this set caters to fighters who like to cover a lot of ground in battle. For more information, visit http://splatoon.nintendo.com.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

EnjoyUp 10th Anniversary Sale – Check out great deals on Spy Chameleon, Unepic and other select EnjoyUp games for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 2.
Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS are 50 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $9.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on June 8 until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 15.
Turtle Tale on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 18.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Spot the Differences: Party! is 40 percent off (reduced from $5.00 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 11.
Journey of a Special Average Balloon, Maze and The Letter from Eli Brewer are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 14.

WAKEDAS, Witch & Hero and World Conqueror 3D from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT June 25.
Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 11.
Talking Phrasebook - 7 Languages is 40 percent off (reduced $4.99 from to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 11.
Urban Trial Freestyle is 60 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 18.
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 25.
Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition is 33 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 29.
Banana Bliss: Jungle Puzzles, Cube Tactics and more games from Teyon are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 2.

Price reduction:

LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin has been reduced to $19.99 (from $29.99).
Bird Mania 3D has been reduced to $0.99 (from $1.99).

Also new this week:

Cube Blitz (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Cube Life: Island Survival (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
The Stonecutter (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
G.G Series ALTERED WEAPON (DSiWare)
G.G Series ASSAULT BUSTER (DSiWare)
G.G Series BLACK X BLOCK (DSiWare)
G.G Series COSMO RALLY!! (DSiWare)
G.G Series EXCITING RIVER (DSiWare)
G.G Series HERO PUZZLE (DSiWare)
G.G Series THE SPIKY BLOWFISH!! (DSiWare)

Holy sh*t, 7 DSiWare games at once.... in 2015.

GulAtiCa

Is DSiWare profitable???

Likely depend on dev costs. As unlike WiiWare, there is no threshold you must cross to get paid/etc.

Looking on Nintendo.com, All of them are $1.99. If each really didn't take much to develop, they could become profitable. Though this late with DSiWare games likely would be very tough.

Nairume

Banned
Likely depend on dev costs. As unlike WiiWare, there is no threshold you must cross to get paid/etc.

Looking on Nintendo.com, All of them are $1.99. If each really didn't take much to develop, they could become profitable. Though this late with DSiWare games likely would be very tough.
Also possible that some of these are late localizations that they are just now getting around to doing (as i think has happened with some games in the GG series), unless these are all entirely new.

donny2112

I don't have much in the way of DSiWare points available, but I'm considering getting 1/more of the DSiWare games on 3DS if the NintendoLife reviews are good. Looking forward to seeing how they score!

TheMoon

I don't have much in the way of DSiWare points available, but I'm considering getting 1/more of the DSiWare games on 3DS if the NintendoLife reviews are good. Looking forward to seeing how they score!

You know you don't need any DSiWare points on 3DS right?

Good news (IMO) is it's June. So MM May is over which frees up a VC slot (in theory).

Wonder what we will get?

May: 11

•Rival Turf!
•Mega Man Zero 3
•Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon
•Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun
•Mega Man Zero 2
•SUPER E.D.F. Earth Defense Force
•New Super Mario Bros.
•Mega Man Battle Network 3: Blue Version
•Mega Man Battle Network 3: White Version
•Mega Man & Bass
•Metal Marines

April: 7

•Paper Mario
•Mario Kart DS
•Donkey Kong 64
•WarioWare: Touched!
•Yoshi Touch & Go
•Super Mario 64
•Yoshi's Island DS

March: 4

•Namco Museum
•Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament
•F-Zero: GP Legend
•Sky Kid

February: 7

•Donkey Kong Country
•Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
•Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
•Axelay
•Breath of Fire
•Dig Dug
•Mappy-Land

January: 8

•Shadow of the Ninja
•S.C.A.T.
•Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight
•Mega Man Battle Network 2
•Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire
•Metroid Prime Trilogy
•Punch-Out!!
•Super Mario Galaxy 2

*Looks at todays releases*

Besides only one week in May we got another VC game besides Megaman, and as I have shown already we were only getting one game on average per week this year without Mega May.

OmegaFax

AVGN Adventures ... I think I'm going to get that one. How long until screenshots are disabled for the 3DS Miiverse community?

sörine;166369440 said:
$8 for a game you can get in the $7 GBA Pac-Man Collection. Why'd they even bother?

NOA's decisions are just mind numbing at times. It's like, are they really this incompetent or are they actually hoping for ignorant/stupid customers so they can just coast by?

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Spot the Differences: Party! (reduced from $5.00 to $2.99) until June 11
  • Journey of a Special Average Balloon (until June 14)
  • Maze (until June 14)
  • The Letter (until June 14)
  • Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff (reduced from $19.99 to $9.99) on June 8 until June 15
  • Turtle Tale (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until June 18
  • Spy Chameleon (until July 2)
  • Unepic (until July 2)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Snow Moto Racing 3D (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until June 11.
  • Talking Phrasebook - 7 Languages (reduced $4.99 from to $2.99) until June 11.
  • Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff (reduced from $19.99 to $9.99) on June 8 until June 15.
  • Turtle Tale (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until June 18.
  • Urban Trial Freestyle (reduced from $4.99 to $1.99) until June 18.
  • WAKEDAS (until June 25)
  • Witch & Hero (until June 25)
  • World Conqueror 3D (until June 25)
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until June 25.
  • Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) until June 29.
  • Banana Bliss: Jungle Puzzles (until July 2)
  • Cube Tactics (until July 2)
  • LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin ($19.99 from $29.99)
  • Bird Mania 3D ($0.99 from $1.99)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

vYU92.png

Wii U | Sales

• 99 Moves, EnjoyUp Games – £1.34 (€1.49) until 2nd July 2015, normally £2.29 (€2.49)
  • 99Seconds, EnjoyUp Games – £1.34 (€1.49) until 2nd July 2015, normally £2.29 (€2.49)
  • Abyss, EnjoyUp Games – £1.34 (€1.49) until 2nd July 2015, normally £1.79 (€1.99)
  • Darts Up, EnjoyUp Games – £.134 (€1.49) until 2nd Julty 2015, normally £2.29 (€2.49)
  • Rock ‘N Racing Off Road, EnjoyUp Games – £2.69 (€2.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £5.39 (€5.99)
  • Rock Zombie, EnjoyUp Games – £3.59 (€3.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £6.29 (€6.99)
  • Spy Chameleon, EnjoyUp Games £3.59 (€3.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £4.49 (€4.99)
  • Unepic, EnjoyUp Games – £4.40 (€4.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £8.99 (€9.99)
  • Spot The Differences: Party!, Sanuk Games – £2.69 (€2.99) until 11th June 2015, normally £4.49 (€5)
  • Turtle Tale, Saturnine Games – £1.65 (€1.99) until 18th June 2015, normally £2.49 (€2.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Retro City Rampage: DX, Vblank Entertainment – £5.48 (€5.99) until 11th June 2015, normally £7.99 (€8.99)
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version, Zordix AB – £4.49 (€4.99) until 11th June 2015, normally £8.99 (€9.99)
  • Snow Moto Racing 3D, Zordix AB – £3.59 (€3.99) until 11th June 2015, normally £7.19 (€7.99)
  • Talking Phrasebook – 7 Languages, Sanuk Games – £2.69 (€2.99) until 11th June 2015, normally £4.49 (€4.99)
  • Murder on the Titanic, Joindots – £4.49 (€5.99) until 18th June 2015, normally £5.99 (€7.99)
  • Secret Agent Files: Miami, Joindots – £4.49 (€5.99) until 18th June 2015, normally £6.99 (€7.99)
  • Turtle Tale, Saturnine Games – £1.65 (€1.99) until 18th June 2015, normally £2.49 (€2.99)
  • Wakedas, CIRCLE Entertainment – £1.69 (€1.99) until 25th June 2015, normally £2.49 (€2.99)
  • Witch & Hero, CIRCLE Entertainment – £1.59 (€1.99) until 25th June 2015, normally £3.19 (€3.99)
  • World Conqueror 3D, CIRCLE Entertainment – £3.19 (€3.99) until 25th June 2015, normally £3.99 (€4.99)
  • Banana Bliss: Jungle Puzzles, Teyon – £1.79 (€1.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £3.59 (€3.99)
  • Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D, Teyon – £0.89 (€0.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £1.79 (€1.99)
  • Cube Tactics, Teyon – £2.24 (€2.49) until 2nd July 2015, normally £4.49 (€4.99)
  • Darts Up 3D, EnjoyUp Games – £0.89 (€0.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £2.69 (€2.99)
  • Dress To Play: Magic Bubbles!, EnjoyUp Games – £1.79 (€1.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £3.59 (€3.99)
  • Football Up Online, EnjoyUp Games – £1.79 (€1.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £3.59 (€3.99)
  • Governor of Poker, Teyon – £2.19 (€2.49) until 2nd July 2015, normally £4.49 (€4.99)
  • Groove Heaven, Teyon – £1.79 (€1.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £3.59 (€3.99)
  • Heavy Fire: Black Arms 3D, Teyon – £2.24 (€2.49) until 2nd July 2015, normaly £4.49 (€4.99)
  • Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D, Teyon – £2.19 (€2.49) until 2nd July 2015, normally £4.49 (€4.99)
  • Robot Rescue 3D, Teyon – £1.34 (€1.49) until 2nd July 2015, normally £2.69 (€2.99)
  • Skater Cat, Teyon – £2.19 (€2.49) until 2nd July 2015, normally £4.49 (€4.99)
  • Toys Vs Monsters, EnjoyUp Games – £1.99 (€1.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £3.99 (€3.99)

uxwGK.png

Nairume

Banned
Has it ever been confirmed third parties have any real control or input over when their VC titles get released after they're rated and approved?
Going by Natsume, it sounds like they do get input over it. I mean, it is their games after all, and we know that, unless Nintendo specifically approaches them about something, third party getting on the VC are generally initiated by those publishers.

Not that it isn't still shitty (since, while the SNES version does have more stuff, it's still not worth it), but this is probably less a case of Nintendo intentionally sitting on it for a year after the cheaper version of the game got released and more that Namco just decided to include it in their most recent batch of games that they offered for the service.

Definitely annoying, since, at least as far as Namco games go, we could be getting ToP GBA (which, yes, I know isn't a great port, but I'd buy it :( )

foltzie1

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LLEODCK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

~$28 for 64GB and you could just leave it plugged in at the back of your system.

I thought it wasn't recommended to use flash drives?

Nintendo doesnt as flash storage may crap out sooner than a HDD and most certainly will if you use a poor stick. In my case I've stuck to nicer Sandisk models (first the low profile 32gb and now 64gb stills) the # of R/W cycles available to me should be fine.

In fact if I went the full SSD way, there are some reports (I believe it was Anandtech, but I dont have the URL handy) that some of the name brand SSDs should now outlast HDDs.

Heck the 3DS runs digital content exclusively from flash.

TLDR: Nintendo doesnt want to support crap flash, when HDDs fail less, but good flash based drives should be just fine.

Going by Natsume, it sounds like they do get input over it. I mean, it is their games after all, and we know that, unless Nintendo specifically approaches them about something, third party getting on the VC are generally initiated by those publishers.

Not that it isn't still shitty (since, while the SNES version does have more stuff, it's still not worth it), but this is probably less a case of Nintendo intentionally sitting on it for a year after the cheaper version of the game got released and more that Namco just decided to include it in their most recent batch of games that they offered for the service.

Definitely annoying, since, at least as far as Namco games go, we could be getting ToP GBA (which, yes, I know isn't a great port, but I'd buy it :( )

Thanks for the clarification. It's just too bad Natsume apparently by their own words doesn't have enough input to convince Nintendo to let them release more of their SNES games like Lufia. Seriously though, why isn't the gaming media on this stuff more? Like during an interview with Damon Baker or another NOA rep, if I could at some point I'd ask "Natsume was asked about releasing more SNES titles on VC but stated 'Nintendo is moving on from SNES on VC," is there any truth to that.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
NOA's decisions are just mind numbing at times. It's like, are they really this incompetent or are they actually hoping for ignorant/stupid customers so they can just coast by?

Aren't they throwing a crappy VC game to give Adventures of Pip its time to shine?

Aren't they throwing a crappy VC game to give Adventures of Pip its time to shine?

Who is talking about Pip needing its time in the spotlight? That's not the point. As said before, the point is that it's a super bland $7.99 game already available on a GBA compilation which can be had for a dollar less $6.99 and reflects NOA's overall terrible handling of VC. If Pip really needed "its time" that badly then they should have offered no VC titles today. Any way you cut it, putting the SNES version of Pac Attack up on the shop is stupid.

Top Bottom