• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javin98

Banned
Ah, I don't think anyone should be going in with those kind of expectations. Assuming a certain unlikely game (that may not even be in development) is going to be there is just asking to be disappointed.

People should just hope there's a few interesting and promising games that appeals to you. Don't worry about if a game is considered a "megaton" or how many clicks and mentions it can get on the social medias.
Yep, pretty much. I go into threads like these just to join in on the hype but when the conference goes live, I expect very little. Like I said, I'll be happy with just Uncharted 4 and Horizon. More games being announced would definitely make it better, though.

RexNovis

Banned
Witness's elevator pitch is pretty simple. Beautiful island, solve puzzles in the island.

Blow seemed to imply there was more to it than originally meets the eye though. The way he talked about it combined with the whole "puzzle island" concept really reminded me of Myst. While I appreciate Myst for the groundbreaking game that it was I never really enjoyed playing it so that association in my head sort of same ones my excitement for The Witness. But I'm still really curious to see what Blow was hinting at so I might still pick it up for that alone. I'm a sucker for mysteries.

Oh i forgot an indie game, Volume by Mike Bithell just an entire game of MGS VR missions, yes please!

Oooh! Good call. I forgot about that one too! That's the cyberpunk reimagining of Robin Hood right? Sounds pretty cool. Do we have a release date/timeframe for that game yet?

MisterR

The games have

Great Stories
AMAZING Soundtracks
Great Characters
Good Combat
and some juju way in getting you immersed in the game. P4G took me just over 80 hours to beat but that went by in the blink of an eye.

The only bad aspect of the games i can think of is bland dungeon design which P5 seems to be rectifying.
Ive only played P3 and P4 so theres that.

Listen for an hour straight and let all be consumed!
https://youtu.be/ULBaITE_bkE

Just play P4G.

Yep play P4G and you'll be a believer

GAMERG0D

My sole prediction is that we will see this again:

rHNo9lW.gif
We will
for Roy.

Blow seemed to imply there was more to it than originally meets the eye though. The way he talked about it combined with the whole "puzzle island" concept really reminded me of Myst. While I appreciate Myst for the groundbreaking game that it was I never really enjoyed playing it so that association in my head sort of same ones my excitement for The Witness. But I'm still really curious to see what Blow was hinting at so I might still pick it up for that alone. I'm a sucker for mysteries.

Oooh! Good call. I forgot about that one too! That's the cyberpunk reimagining of Robin Hood right? Sounds pretty cool. Do we have a release date/timeframe for that game yet?

He said summer during KindofFunny at GDC he even had Shu demoing the game and paid him 50$.

Ok so I went and read up on Persona and watched the Persona 5 trailers and I'm won over, the game looks very edgy and mature and it actually seems to be telling a meaningful story, plus it seems so creative and super stylish. Really looking forward to giving it a try!

EDIT: But what's this I hear of no EU release?

Bousf

I just remembered ADR1FT, that space game by 505 Games, we should see that one at E3 right? I think we saw it first at Gamescom last year (maybe E3) and I don't know if we've had more recent news.

DNAbro

Ok so I went and read up on Persona and watched the Persona 5 trailers and I'm won over, the game looks very edgy and mature and it actually seems to be telling a meaningful story, plus it seems so creative and super stylish. Really looking forward to giving it a try!

EDIT: But what's this I hear of no EU release?

Atlus usually is kind of bad with EU releases. Usually months later(and sometimes a year). PS4 is region free though so you could just get it from U.S

Verendus

Banned
The Witness - Announced 2013, releasing almost three years later
Rime - Announced 2013, releasing over 2 years later
Shadow of the Beast - Announced 2013, releasing over 2 years later
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - Announced 2013, releasing over 2 years later
Uncharted 4 - Announced 2013, releasing over 2 years later
Ratchet - Announced 2014, releasing almost 2 years later
Quantum Break - Announced 2013, releasing almost three years later
Halo 5 - Announced 2013, releasing over 2 years later
Fable Legends - Announced 2013, releasing over 2 years later
MGS5 - Announced 2013, releasing over 2 years later
Persona 5 - Announced 2013, releasing over 2 years later

I'm sure I have missed some.

Soon, we can finally start moving on to other things, that we'll end up waiting several years for because that delayathon is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until everything is delayed.

So many years spent waiting. So many. I feel like if MGSV disappoints me, I will hate it even more than MGS4. And I really hate that game. So much is on the line now. Everything is on the line.

schaft0620

So many years spent waiting. So many. I feel like if MGSV disappoints me, I will hate it even more than MGS4. And I really hate that game. So much is on the line now. Everything is on the line.

How do you feel about MGS3?

MGS1 and 2 are 2 of my all time favorite games and I couldn't get into 3/4. Not sure if I care about 5 because its been so long.

mcbradle

Neo Member
Weird question, but I have to work all day on Monday and Tuesday this year (wasn't able to get out of it), so I'll miss everything but Bethesda, Ubisoft, and Sony live. Does anyone have any good tips on where to go later on Monday to watch the conferences from earlier (Microsoft, EA) without seeing spoilers along the way? Also, does Nintendo's conference go up quickly after it is live? I usually just watch it live and not try to stream it afterwards.

BadWolf

MGS1 and 2 are 2 of my all time favorite games and I couldn't get into 3/4. Not sure if I care about 5 because its been so long.

Have you played Ground Zeroes?

The new combat feels incredibly good, light years ahead of the previous games.

Weird question, but I have to work all day on Monday and Tuesday this year (wasn't able to get out of it), so I'll miss everything but Bethesda, Ubisoft, and Sony live. Does anyone have any good tips on where to go later on Monday to watch the conferences from earlier (Microsoft, EA) without seeing spoilers along the way? Also, does Nintendo's conference go up quickly after it is live? I usually just watch it live and not try to stream it afterwards.

I think there is gonna be a spoiler free thread here on GAF.

Dinjooh

The Last Guardian - Announced 2009, releasing                

The Last Guardian right there folks, there you have! ;)

Anyway, is this post of Verendus from today?

Yes. Post #11040.

Verendus

Banned

I liked 1 and 3 the most, and consider them my favourite. MGS2 was a bit more disappointing at the time, but I still think it's a very good game. The disappointment I initially felt didn't change the fact that I enjoyed the overall result a lot. The trilogy was great.

I dislike MGS4 immensely though, and Peace Walker is crap. Ground Zeroes was a nice little teaser, but I really want MGS5 to be great. I have a lot of nostalgia for it, and it's been such a long time since I had a game in the franchise that I really liked. I've been on a huge blackout with it to make sure I have next to no expectations. It just needs to deliver. The only thing that gives me slight pause is the open world nature of it, since I have a strong love/hate relationship with that design.

Regardless, now that it's almost in my hands, I'm getting excited. It's going to suck so much if it disappoints. I do sometimes think age has changed me, but then I refuse to accept that. I still yearn.

There are very few games that I get excited for where I really want to play them. MGS, FF, Uncharted, and that's really it to be honest. The problem is, two of those franchises have disappointed me for a very, very long time. Thankfully, Uncharted came into existence (and ND in general has really been fantastic this past generation). On the plus side, I get a game in all three franchises within a year of each other. If I get 2/3 not disappointming me, I'll be satisfied. I can then go back to waiting a very long time again.

I can wait. Like that young wife back in the old days who didn't know if her husband would return to her. It's that dramatic.

delSai

I'd like to see some sim games coming to consoles and handhelds. I know those games are at home on PC, but something like VHS Story coming to Vita/Ps4 would make me happy.

Philippo

I'm sure I have missed some.

Soon, we can finally start moving on to other things, that we'll end up waiting several years for because that delayathon is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until everything is delayed.

Well thankfully there always seems to be good/great games that makes the wait for the further/delayed ones much easier, i still hadn't any complaints since the beginning of the gen, always had my hands occupied. Plus, i'm all for delays in favor of better polishing, so again, no complaints.

The E3 2015 badge insert is once against sponsored by Atlus USA, and Destructoid are teasing it like they did last year's:

JUST GIVE US THE GAME ALREADY!
I bet Morganna's on the badge.

kevin1025

Banned
If we get a Persona 5 coming this year confirmation (for NA, not just in Japan), this E3 is going to be so good! This badge tease has me excited!

People, you talked about indies that were already announced and you love(Rime, Hunger, Hyper Light Drifter, etc...), to reintroduce them, but...

What indie games you would love to see on PS4?

Star Citizen

Divinity Original Sin is already coming so that's the other main one down.

Maybe pillars of eternity also

Well, that list isn't really about E3, since only some of the original list is showing up (which is a lot more than just those games), but no, there's no Virtua Fighter 6 at E3 as far as I'm aware.

I wonder if Sega needs help funding Virtua Fighter 6. I remember reading why Dead or Alice 5 included Vitura Fighter characters, which was to help renew interest in the franchise I believe.

I would prefer if the game remains multiplatform, but I'm just happy to hear a new one is coming out, especially since it appears that Sega is done with big-budget games, other than the Sonic Franchies and PC RTS/Football Manager games.

Verendus

Banned
Well thankfully there always seems to be good/great games that makes the wait for the further/delayed ones much easier, i still hadn't any complaints since the beginning of the gen, always had my hands occupied.

JUST GIVE US THE GAME ALREADY!
I bet Morganna's on the badge.
Well, I did really like 3D World, GTAV, and The Order. It's not too bad in that sense. Good old Rockstar. Not just saving the previous generation, but helping save the current one too.

There are a lot of potentially good games this year though. Halo, Tomb Raider, Batman, MGSV, Xenoblade are all games I'm really interested in. Persona 5 too, although that's a first for me, so I'll see if that resonates or not. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy at least half of these a lot. Definitely a much better year than the past couple for me.

If all the games I'm interested in deliver, then this will be a great year. I tend to go into everything with very low expectations now, so it's not like I'm hard to please.

schaft0620

Well, that list isn't really about E3, since only some of the original list is showing up (which is a lot more than just those games), but no, there's no Virtua Fighter 6 at E3 as far as I'm aware.

What do you think about the Marvel action adventure title?

Leko04

Banned
It would be nice if we would get games that bring that ps1 and ps2 feel back. Many games/ip:s from ps 1 and ps2 era would get me excited. Now I just wait for Gran Turismo 7.

klaushm

Verendus, there is an list on E3 site that shows a exclusive fighting game from Capcom to PS4 only.
Know something about it? Just a typo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom