• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i gotta say, the idea of a spoiler free e3 thread is kinda crazy for me. I was the type of kid that couldn't get enough information, going to the grocery store when my dad did the groceries just so I could grab a gamepro or EGM and read every little thing available.

To think that some folks would not want to know about games they care about and hear about really interesting new games in development seems like something i'll never understand

Volotaire

i gotta say, the idea of a spoiler free e3 thread is kinda crazy for me. I was the type of kid that couldn't get enough information as a kid, going to the grocery store when my dad did the groceries just so I could grab a gamepro or EGM and read every little thing available.

To think that some folks would not want to know about games they care about and hear about really interesting new games in development seems like something i'll never understand

Eh, it's a tradition at this point. GAF's done for 4 years straight so I thought I might as well make it this year. I think the press conferences have more impact when you don't know what's coming( up to a point of course). I think it's not that they don't want to know about that information, it's that they want to react to how the information is presented in the theatre that is E3. Plus the last few years were a bit lackluster so I though I could spruce it up.

Zaph

i gotta say, the idea of a spoiler free e3 thread is kinda crazy for me. I was the type of kid that couldn't get enough information as a kid, going to the grocery store when my dad did the groceries just so I could grab a gamepro or EGM and read every little thing available.

Huh? Pretty sure the point of the thread is so people can bookmark it and go their directly when they have time to watch the streams and enjoy it with no/limited prior information - not to avoid the news completely.

It's the same concept of wanting to get home to watch a taped match and trying to avoid all TV screens and headlines on your way.

Eh, it's a tradition at this point. GAF's done for 4 years straight so I thought I might as well make it this year. I think the press conferences have more impact when you don't know what's coming( up to a point of course). I think it's not that they don't want to know about that information, it's that they want to react to how the information is presented in the theatre that is E3. Plus the last few years were a bit lackluster so I though I could spruce it up.

i don't mean to put your efforts down in any sort of way. Just sayin' that I can't relate.

It's the same concept of wanting to get home to watch a taped match and trying to avoid all TV screens and headlines on your way.

I don't get that for sports either. I can understand it for game of thrones or breaking bad or something with a narrative that is worth sitting through but this is basically like taping the news and then holding off on hearing about these events. I'd want the news ASAP.

Lunzio

I don't get that for sports either. I can understand it for game of thrones or breaking bad or something with a narrative that is worth sitting through but this is basically like taping the news and then holding off on hearing about these events. I'd want the news ASAP.

It's all about enjoying the thrill all at once!

Santar

i don't mean to put your efforts down in any sort of way. Just sayin' that I can't relate.

Watching a sports event or the e3 press conferences is not that much different watching a tv show. I really enjoy watching the E3 press conferences myself, I really appreciate the spoiler free E3 thread here on Neogaf so I can easily find the streams without getting news spoiled.

Jeff basically confirming that Keifer Snake is some sort of muted protagonist seems like confirmation of all my worst fears regarding that casting. bah.

wait, Big Boss doesn't speak russian in MGSV? He totally speaks russian in MGS3, hell he probably spends almost as much time speaking russian in that game than he does speaking english.

now i know why they kicked kojima out of konami.

Megasoum

Banned
Jeff basically confirming that Keifer Snake is some sort of muted protagonist seems like confirmation of all my worst fears regarding that casting. bah.

wait, Big Boss doesn't speak russian in MGSV? He totally speaks russian in MGS3, hell he probably spends almost as much time speaking russian in that game than he does speaking english.

The way I hear it the game looks like an open world sandbox version of MGS which kinda sucks imo... We don't need another fucking open world sandbox game.

Kojima actually addressed this with an explanation that Big Boss hurt his head so badly and was in a coma so long that he forgot how to speak multiple languages.

try as I might, I can't find any Pitbull/jpop mashups

I'm disappointed in you, world

e: NEVERMIND! CLOSE ENOUGH!

Still one of the best anime-based mashups I've ever heard.

Kojima actually addressed this with an explanation that Big Boss hurt his head so badly and was in a coma so long that he forgot how to speak multiple languages.

I mean... Sure, he's got a huge chunk of metal sticking out of his skull ffs. But he'd be able to retain all his CQC knowledge at the same time?

Huh? Pretty sure the point of the thread is so people can bookmark it and go their directly when they have time to watch the streams and enjoy it with no/limited prior information - not to avoid the news completely.

It's weird because it's not like a sport where there is a winner and a loser. There is no outcome to be spoiled. It's just information. It would be more like avoiding the radio and internet all day and taping your local news because you don't want other people spoiling what happened on the news for you that day.

Zornack

It's weird because it's not like a sport where there is a winner and a loser. There is no outcome to be spoiled. It's just information. It would be more like avoiding the radio and internet all day and taping your local news because you don't want other people spoiling what happened on the news for you that day.

Press conference announcement are exciting and fun, much more so than seeing a bunch of game names on the front page of gaf or a bunch of trailers on the front page of GB.

2013's PS4 price and no DRM announcement was a spectacle. I'd much rather get that information by watching a press conference than from the title of a GAF thread.

popo

when does the show floor open? It it is Tuesday morning then I bet they skip Squeenix presser. They didn't mention if they were doing anything with the Nintendo direct this year either.

half the fun of the press conferences is being in the threads and watching gaf's reaction to the announcements. not even sure what's to be gained seeing it by yourself on your own, well after the fact.

the monday of e3 happens to fall on my bday (im a year and a day older than Dan, which is a weird thing to know). I always take my bday and the day after off, just happens that the timing aligns perfectly this year for some streaming adventures. look forward to eating a whole large hawaiian bbq chicken (no onions) pizza by myself while gaf's servers burn and Jeff tells us how he knew about X game like 6 months before it was properly announced.

popo

Press conference announcement are exciting and fun, much more so than seeing a bunch of game names on the front page of gaf or a bunch of trailers on the front page of GB.

2013's PS4 price and no DRM announcement was a spectacle. I'd much rather get that information by watching a press conference than from the title of a GAF thread.

Sure but you can see why the publishers get some of that info out early. They are looking to best maximize interest across the board - no just what makes the biggest spectacle.

I would be happiest if the press conferences just announced and trailed new stuff. I don't need to see gameplay of stuff that is already coming out this year. That is best served with a gameplay trailer imo.

Listened to the drew section and it sounded alright, especially since the rest of the guys were involved enough by asking a bunch of questions. *shrug*

Is this another one of those "overreactions to a thing" that goes on in this thread?

Also E3 should be interesting with these new conferences and the fact that a bunch of info are now been dropped way before the show starts (and maybe that Sony going in on Morpheus rumor lol)

Guys, I have had no internet & no phone signal for about a week. Back online now, so looking forward to a GB binge.

Did I miss any big GB or duder related news?

CHJLzztUYAA1MIa.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom