• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

I'm looking forward to that, just as soon as I finish feasting on the best podcast on the site, Alt+F1. I was right, the cast is better than the race.

Need to listen to Alt+F1 tomorrow, the race was so boring that I wasn't ready to listen to a podcast episode about it!

Myggen

You'd think that it would be a problem for every f1 race. >_> <_<

giphy.gif

Stop it, or I'll talk trash about all of your precious anime and visual novels!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I'll be OK with you trash talking anime, but not my visual novels!

Visual novels have arguably more trash than anime.

Myggen

Man, I'll be OK with you trash talking anime, but not my visual novels!

Visual novels have arguably more trash than anime.

I've browsed Steam so I know what's up in visual novels land (there's a lot of them!). I'm sure the real gems can't be found on Steam though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Premium podcast listeners need to go ahead and download this week's normals cast for Jeff and Brad trying to talk golf for an entire spot.

Jintor

I'm watching this VGCW thing right now and I'm pretty sure its better than actual wrestling.

i've been telling you this shit for like a year or two now

VGCW really took off for reals when Phoenix Wright and Solid Snake went back in time to find out who hit Little Mac using the Chaos Emeralds

Antiwhippy

I've browsed Steam so I know what's up in visual novels land (there's a lot of them!). I'm sure the real gems can't be found on Steam though.

There are some pretty decent ones on steam but yeah, it's mostly elsewhere. Though there are some actually good stuff coming out now.

Antiwhippy

It's so weird how youtube manage to become the top dog in streaming so fast (for me anyway).

Mostly because their archiving process is so much better than the shitshow of twitch and ustream.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Fuck yes a youtube stream would be a godsend. I can barely stream longer than 2 minutes on their sites player. It fuckin sucks.

Anybody know if YouTube's live player works on XBox ONE? That's how I'm planning on watching the conferences. Hopefully they'll also simulcast on Twitch as well, like they did for BLLSL.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anybody know if YouTube's live player works on XBox ONE? That's how I'm planning on watching the conferences. Hopefully they'll also simulcast on Twitch as well, like they did for BLLSL.
It should. It works on PS4. Open up the app and you should see the countdowns.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I guess they're not gonna stream the Bethesda conference?

My image only has half of the streams scheduled. It only displays five videos because that's all I need to see in fullscreen on my monitor. Because google's UI changes often make things better, and rarely if ever offer a negative impact to the user experience on Youtube.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder how many people would like PoP 2008 without the ~artstyle~. It's a very shallow reason to like a game by itself.

Forgotten Sands gameplay was better in every way from the platforming to the combat to the puzzles.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Prince of Persia 2008 is bad. The proof is simple. You always need the 2008 qualifier when talking about this game. If you didn't say Prince of Persia (2008), most people would be thinking of a thirty year old game they probably never even played. It's not the best game named Prince of Persia, let alone all of the other games in the series that have other names.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
No unfortunately :/
VLC is rumored to have Chromecast support in it's next big update, but I don't think that'll happen before E3.

ah, bummer. well, I'll give it a shot anyways. My backup plan is to buy a 20ft HDMI cable and just hook up my PC to my TV that way. I can probably get a cheap cable on monoprice or amazon delivered before next week.

is that the one with the weird sketch filter art where you couldn't die and you had a dedicated button to listen to your jackass character be snarky?

because that game was horseshit

hey you know what makes prince of persia games better? not being at risk of failure, awesome

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
is that the one with the weird sketch filter art where you couldn't die and you had a dedicated button to listen to your jackass character be snarky?

because that game was horseshit

hey you know what makes prince of persia games better? not being at risk of failure, awesome

That's the one. And the whole objective of every level is to... you guess it... collect stuff on the ground.

Warrior Within is the best Prince of Persia even with the shitty music and tryhardy badass crap. Pretty much all PoP games are great though. I'm not sure what actually has killed this franchise but I'm going to blame Assassin's Creed.

Das Ace

Warrior Within is the best Prince of Persia even with the shitty music and tryhardy badass crap. Pretty much all PoP games are great though. I'm not sure what actually has killed this franchise but I'm going to blame Assassin's Creed.

That's fair. Assassin's creed has basically destroyed all video games.

Lijik

the cant die complaint in 08 is a little overblown, and a real surface-level criticism imo. It just always took you back to the start of a series of jumps. That those werent a bit longer and more difficult are the bigger issues. I mean, Meat Boy has essentially the same conceit- bite sized challenges with unlimited lives, but the game is actively trying to challenge you through its level design which 2008 doesnt do too much (and is also hamstrung in doing so by its open ended design, any stage could be one of your first four levels). Even the puzzle focused stages are pretty simple in 08

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
the cant die complaint in 08 is a little overblown, and a real surface-level criticism imo. It just always took you back to the start of a series of jumps. That those werent a bit longer and more difficult are the bigger issues. I mean, Meat Boy has essentially the same conceit- bite sized challenges with unlimited lives, but the game is actively trying to challenge you through its level design which 2008 doesnt do too much (and is also hamstrung in doing so by its open ended design, any stage could be one of your first four levels). Even the puzzle focused stages are pretty simple in 08

i feel you but

that art style tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom