• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Missing the DS3 reveal is hardly a loss for the podcast.

"so it turns out that DS3 is a thing after all"

"really, any conformation on the details that youtube channel claimed?"

"nope"

"okay, tune in next week".

Also, if that "MS buys 60% complete Silent Hills for billions" rumour said channel came up with, turns out to be true - I will commit internet suicide.

Suplexer

Are you sure you don't mean that the cnet guy is really up his own ass in an incredibly unsubtle and obnoxious way? Don't see any problem with Austin. He's a very enthusiastic guy and he seems like he'll bring a lot to the site.

Weird I totally liked the CNET guy, didn't strike me as obnoxious at all.

Also LOL at the people over reacting about my post. Chill out, okay? Sorry I don't see him as the second coming of christ like a lot of the people here I promise I'll do better next time.

I don't think he's a bad guy at all, he just seems to think he is too good for E3 because he's an "academic" or whatever and that really rubs me the wrong way. For reference, I am not one of the people who hated Klepek, I thought he was super awesome and seemed to have a similar outlook on the gaming press as Austin, but he didn't seem to think he was better than it all, he just knew it wasn't perfect. Very different outlooks.

Regardless, I'm not here to start an argument, so if this is going to turn into everyone picking apart posts trying to villainize my opinion let's just drop it, I guess....

Myggen

Also, if that "MS buys 60% complete Silent Hills for billions" rumour said channel came up with, turns out to be true - I will commit internet suicide.

Spencer already killed that rumour.

Also LOL at the people over reacting about my post. Chill out, okay? Sorry I don't see him as the second coming of christ like a lot of the people here I promise I'll do better next time.

I don't think he's a bad guy at all, he just seems to think he is too good for E3 because he's an "academic" or whatever and that really rubs me the wrong way. For reference, I am not one of the people who hated Klepek, I thought he was super awesome and seemed to have a similar outlook on the gaming press as Austin, but he didn't seem to think he was better than it all, he just knew it wasn't perfect. Very different outlooks.

Regardless, I'm not here to start an argument, so if this is going to turn into everyone picking apart posts trying to villainize my opinion let's just drop it, I guess....

FWIW the only reaction I see to your post that isn't just "I disagree" or a tongue in cheek "let's burn this comment" is a reaction to your "college kids" comment, so I don't really think people were as aggressive as you make it sound.

popo

I am not sure who needs to chill out. Hardly anyone said anything about your post.

No offence mate but the sentence quoted above sounds like you posted looking for a fight and are disappointed you didn't get one.

Would not be the first time an exec lied so that he could reveal that very thing a week later on stage.

That said, I stand by what I said. If any aspect of that proves true I will commit internet suicide.

Now that is internet suicide. Not suicide on the internet. Sorry to disappoint you sick fucks who were hoping I would hang myself on a webcam or something. Shame on you all!

Zaph

One guy made a joke about setting your post on fire. No need to go 0 to 60 on the persecution complex, all friends here.

Austin's new, excited and probably a bit nervous. Give him a chance to settle. Also, pretty much everyone is too good for E3 - it's a complete shit show, but it's our shit show.

Speaking of Gamespot UK, I saw Guy Cocker on TV the other day. I guess he is doing other stuff now.
Was it Sky News? They have a habit of hiring awful internet hosts as talking heads during segments.

Bacon

lol like 2 people even responded to your post. Bizarre overreaction

forgotten for a reason

tumblr_nilkpwtcv01rsjot3o1_500.gif

Missing the DS3 reveal is hardly a loss for the podcast.

"so it turns out that DS3 is a thing after all"

"really, any conformation on the details that youtube channel claimed?"

"nope"

"okay, tune in next week".

If virtually all of the patently absurd parts of that rumor were dismissed (billion dollar price tag, game being nearly finished when Konami killed it, Spring 2016 release) - I'd consider it within the realm of possibility. Microsoft buying up the IP would be doable (though we'd probably have heard something else if that were the case), and perhaps they could've signed the trio back onto the project? Maybe?

I'd want it to be the case. But every odd in the world is against it.

Myggen

If virtually all of the patently absurd parts of that rumor were dismissed (billion dollar price tag, game being nearly finished when Konami killed it, Spring 2016 release) - I'd consider it within the realm of possibility. Microsoft buying up the IP would be doable (though we'd probably have heard something else if that were the case), and perhaps they could've signed the trio back onto the project? Maybe?

I'd want it to be the case. But every odd in the world is against it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1054439

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Jeff doesn't appreciate playing golf.
It's great. You are outside, getting drunk, scream stuff like "HAND ME THE FIVER IRON" to people who have no idea what that means (at least if you are going with right people) and then drive around in a cart. It's great.
Also you can dress like a real asshole and nobody will notice.

Suplexer

FWIW the only reaction I see to your post that isn't just "I disagree" or a tongue in cheek "let's burn this comment" is a reaction to your "college kids" comment, so I don't really think people were as aggressive as you make it sound.

The college kids thing and response were supposed to be taken as tongue in cheek too lol. Sarcasm doesn't play well over the internet, sorry.

Joking aside, it just does sort of kill me to see someone get to go to E3 for the first time, something that I fucking dream about, regardless of how shitty it is, and they go "Eh I'm too good for this but I'll go because I have too.". Bothered me enough that I wanted to vent about it is all. I worded the statement poorly though, I really just meant that his attitude towards games seems rather pretentious but so is basically everyone else's nowadays so it's whatever.

Like I said, Austin is a cool cat, I just wish he didn't seem so down on video games when he's only been here for a week LOL. After E3 I would expect him to want to quit the industry all together after having to go to that shit show. It's like our Wrestlemania, it's super exciting until it happens, but at least be excited until it falls to shit, duder.

EDIT: Sorry if I pissed anyone off.

I mean he also said microsoft was committing itself to PC so

When MS inevitably neglects the platform almost completely except some discussion of streaming games from the Xbox One to your Windows 10 PC, during their press conference, he can fall back on last year's excuse:

"E3's a retail show," he said. "It's a retail show, it's a console show, so it didn't really feel like the right place for us to talk about Windows, but Windows and gaming on Windows is critical to Microsoft's success."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/13/58...why-microsoft-didnt-bring-windows-games-to-e3

We are a year later and he's still struggling to find that perfect PC event, where it is appropriate to go into Windows gaming detail.

He is, however, supposed to appear at the PC gamer thing, where he will reiterate how super commitmented they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom