• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elandyll

Banned
I didn't really follow the conversation on that topic but isn't MS publishing the game and funding it? Why should it be no permanent exclusive? And when was it announced to be a timed exclusive?

edit: ahhh this one: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...b-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration

reads like the timed part is only for the franchise not for that title in particular.

It's been discussed to death.

No MS isn't funding the whole title, and it's already been confirmed by S-E (after Spencer) that the deal is limited in time.

There is a reason why the title is always referd to as Exclusive at launch, or "Exclusive in 2015."
When TF went full exclusive, the CEO of EA and Major Nelson were very clear: Exclusive for the life of the title.

ROTR full exclusive would make no sense in context, whicih is why this wish list was met with "lol".

reads like the timed part is only for the franchise not for that title in particular.

That's the intention, ekim.

Lulling people into believing the timed part is for the franchise instead of the game, and letting fans make false assumptions of RoTR never coming to PS4.

It's masterful PR by subtle use of language & grammar.

Honestly, it's not really worth discussing at this point. Until the language of their marketing for RotTR changes, it's timed. As it is, they're using the whole "launching exclusively in 2015" PR language everytime they talk about TR.

Elfstruck

Sigh, we are back to Tomb rider exclusive again. Its not gonna be fully exclusive. I don't get why people don't do some research first before posting nonsense.

orochi91

I didn't really follow the conversation on that topic but isn't MS publishing the game and funding it? Why should it be no permanent exclusive? And when was it announced to be a timed exclusive?

edit: ahhh this one: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...b-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration

Here you go ekim, straight from the horse's mouth:

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/601984067433803778

Rise of the Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive.

Employing further mental gymnastics to say otherwise is not necessary.

While true how much did it actually help MS tho? And TR is not a new IP and they would lose out on a lot of sales if they skip the PS4 as well. Which means full exclusivity would cost a lot and I doubt it would be worth it for either MS or SE.

Neither is Street Fighter...

If TR were to go full console exclusive it would be no different than the SF deal.
Sony is funding the game? So is Microsoft.
I don't understand what the outrage is.

Wiggy

Interesting how Sony announced and showed a few of their games that could have been at E3. It's almost scary to think how much they could potentially show. At this rate, I'm really starting to think The Last Guardian will be re-revealed.

Don't let yourself think that, it brings only heartbreak. Let yourself be surprised if it happens!

GamerJM

Banned
I'm excited for VR....to release. I'm not excited about seeing VR at press conferences because there's nothing they can demonstrate that would help me understand the experience of actually using it. VR seems like something I'll dig but I find that showing it off at press conferences doesn't really do anything because no one watching is experiencing it.

I'm excited for VR....to release. I'm not excited about seeing VR at press conferences because there's nothing they can demonstrate that would help me understand the experience of actually using it. VR seems like something I'll dig but I find that showing it off at press conferences doesn't really do anything because no one watching is experiencing it.

I'm hoping for demo stations sometime this year.

jbttwin

Lol, Tomb Raider will be on PS4.

I'll douse my ass in gasoline and light it on fire if it doesn't.

*bookmarks*

But yes, I agree. It'd be a dick move for MS and Crystal Dynamics to clarify the deal again within the past couple of weeks just to rescind it all next week.

Auctopus

*bookmarks*

But yes, I agree. It'd be a dick move for MS and Crystal Dynamics to clarify the deal again within the past couple of weeks just to rescind it all next week.

I can't wait to hear the different ways they phrase the agreement.

Major Nelson tweeted "Exclusively on Xbox One, this Holiday" about a week ago, haha.

So much goodness is just days away

Hell just a pre-E3 whiff came through and showed me footage of some of my most wanted titles in ABZU and Ratchet and Clank and also Tearaway for that matter.

Man this is going to be great. Absolutely cannot wait. SO HYPED!

viveks86

Lol, Tomb Raider will be on PS4.

I'll douse my ass in gasoline and light it on fire if it doesn't.

newmantruckfire.gif

There's more chance of Tomb Raider launching on PS4 / PC this November alongside the XBO version than there is of it never coming to any other platform.

Square Enix likes money, selling to XBO, 360, PC, PS3, PS4 is better than limiting it to one platform. The money MS would have to pay out to SE to make it worthwhile would be extortionate and i'm sure they'll get very few extra sales from that outcome.

By the time it launches elsewhere, it will have already done MS all the good it's ever going to, so why would they entertain the idea of spending millions more for negligible benefit. They could use that money to fund an entire AAA First Party game.

It's like people want the Tomb Raider franchise to die.

They absolutely do. Guys on Twitter like Tim Dog, Crap Gamer and Crazy Juan would sooner see the entire franchise burn than RotTR come to PS4. They insist it's all smoke and mirrors and that it's exclusive to MS on CONSOLES only. Point out gently how wrong they are, and prepare for the endless screams of sonyGAF and a sparse lineup and how you don't understand the industry. It's both hilarious and sad.

De_Legend

Banned
There's more chance of Tomb Raider launching on PS4 / PC this November alongside the XBO version than there is of it never coming to any other platform.

Square Enix likes money, selling to XBO, 360, PC, PS3, PS4 is better than limiting it to one platform. The money MS would have to pay out to SE to make it worthwhile would be extortionate and i'm sure they'll get very few extra sales from that outcome.

By the time it launches elsewhere, it will have already done MS all the good it's ever going to, so why would they entertain the idea of spending millions more for negligible benefit. They could use that money to fund an entire AAA First Party game.

This.

It's like people want the Tomb Raider franchise to die.

Edit: Never mind, info taken from a questionable article.

Microsoft has provided significant funding to the game though (they are confirmed to be publishing the game) and the opinion that the Tomb Raider franchise will die because it's exclusive to one console is utterly ridiculous.

TomShoe

Banned
If No Mans Sky is not at E3, there is no way that game comes out this year.

I didn't really expect it to come out this year anyways. They can take as long as they want, it's the lack of information that bothers me. What the fuck do you actually do in this game. If I see one more scripted trailer of the MC slowly walking around various worlds to new age space acoustics, I swear I'm going to lose it.

Uhh.. what?
The franchise was practically dead until Microsoft stepped in and funded the game.

hr8UmZi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom