• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Austin and Central Texas Community |OT| Tacos, Tunes, Traffic, and Torridity

Mitch

Banned
Not from Austin/central TX, but I'll be heading out to Luling from Houston for some festivities this weekend. Unless these storms keep hitting us.

neshcom

Banned
I've seen the fireworks stands open up muiltiple times the past few days and it only just now occured to me that Fourth is coming up.

So no, no plans.

Timeaisis

Improptu GAF BBQ?

I wish I had a grill

Actually, I'll probably hit up something. I'm sure there's some city-sponsored thing going on. Probably. Right?

^My wife was telling me this morning that, due to the rain, almost every community/town in the CTX area is doing some kind of fireworks show.

Timeaisis

It's that time of the month where I see if anyone is interested in a July meetup.

I'm thinking something in South Austin. Anyone got any ideas?

Servbot24

Banned
Next month I'll be moving to a house near North Loop and Burnet. We still need another roommate to fill the house. Rent would be slightly under $600/mo. If you or someone you know is looking for a place, let me know! :) So far there will be two guys and a girl there, all in their 20s.

Not this weekend. But we should go eat somewhere! What better way to get know people than the stuff they eat!
Then you all can judge me when I pig out.

I'm going to see my friends' band play on Saturday.

Edit: I forgot that next weekend is EVO. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Frenden

Banned
Speaking of getting to know each other, maybe a round of intro posts is in order? I'm new, so maybe y'all did that before?

Frenden

Banned
I'm Ray. I've freelance-drawn-things for games, TV, and apparel for about fifteen years. I live in Georgetown and have pigs and chickens and stuff.

I used to have a farm proper in IL, so Georgetown was a nice compromise between living in the middle of nowhere and living in a real city.

I make it to Austin pretty often.

neshcom

Banned
I'm Bryce (tweeter). I'm in North Austin, but I'll be moving further south in a few months. I moved here almost a year ago, but have really grown accustomed to this backwards little town

Chris and I have been talking the talk but haven't walked the walk yet, haha. Mostly my fault, my life has been kinda insane, but I'd love to do a meetup.

I'm Travis, I live just south of the Hyde Park area. Work for a software company during the day and do camera operation/video production with the rest of my time.

I'm in a solid location to really head anywhere, so I'm flexible.

Ultima_5

Hey guys. I'll be in Austin next week for an interview. Probably be there for the weekend. Any suggestions to explore the city a bit? I read the OP but I guess I'm asking more for someone who would be exploring the city solo and not wanting to spend much money

Hey guys. I'll be in Austin next week for an interview. Probably be there for the weekend. Any suggestions to explore the city a bit? I read the OP but I guess I'm asking more for someone who would be exploring the city solo and not wanting to spend much money
Staying in a hotel downtown?

I'm going to Classic Game Fest on Saturday, will be coming up from San Antonio. I will most likely be wearing one of my 1cc t-shirts, either my X68000 shirt, or my red PC-Engine shirt, I haven't decided yet.

That....that's now how you make friends, Etrian. :p
pbbt.gif

Timeaisis

Bummer, I'm going on a float trip on the 25th :-| Maybe if y'all are hanging after, I can join.

You know we avoid social situations like the plague around here. :p

In all seriousness, yeah I'll probably spend some time downtown after since I'll be there if anyone is up for hanging. Not sure what, though.

Timeaisis

It's called somebody's house. :p

You'd think with the amount of nerds around here there would be some bar showing it Fri and Saturday or something.

All my friends are lame and don't care about fighting games. They'd rather watch the *shudder* LOL championships or whatever the hell it's called.

neshcom

Banned
You'd think with the amount of nerds around here there would be some bar showing it Fri and Saturday or something.

All my friends are lame and don't care about fighting games. They'd rather watch the *shudder* LOL championships or whatever the hell it's called.

Or Starcraft...ick...

I'm just gonna stream EVO. All I care about is Street Fighter, so I'm just gonna watch from home. Fortunately I'm off tomorrow, otherwise I'd miss the pool due to my morning hours.

How is everyone?

Zoe

It disappeared around the Parmer/35 Lowes, and they said it could travel about a mile a day.

Top Bottom