• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters: Will McD customers accept longer wait for non-frozen patty Quarter Pounders?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Because I want to be out as short as possible. At wendys checkers, sonic you're going to be in line for a while. Especially at Wendy's where the dive thruwlines are usually packed. At mcdonalds I can do a 5 minute round trip and be back home

Peak In-N-Out drive-thru lines are no joke.

Los Angeles Magazine: In-N-Out Drive Thru Lines Are A Public Menace

72vnTSJ.jpg

pMl7Xsn.jpg

Lkr

Whenever they ask me to pull up at MCDs I say no. Then they get a manager and I get a coupon for a free sandwich. Its the only fast food place that ever asks this.

LOL I have never once considered saying no in response.
McDonalds by me can have a crazy wait time in the drive thru during lunch. I feel like it wasn't always as long as it is now. And by crazy wait time I'm talking 5-10 minutes, nothing too serious.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
McDonalds by me can have a crazy wait time in the drive thru during lunch. I feel like it wasn't always as long as it is now. And by crazy wait time I'm talking 5-10 minutes, nothing too serious.

Whenever I see a fast food join with a long drive thru line, if I was planning on ordering something I'd try to see if I can peek in the windows to see if there's any large lines inside as well. If not, I'll take the extra 2 minutes to park and order in person as I'm often out of there a lot faster than if I got in the drive thru.

It's not 5 times. It's about $18 for a double bacon cheeseburger, fries, and drink where I'm at VS the closest thing I can think of at McD similar in size and ingredients being the double quarter pounder with cheese meal at around $7 or $8. Plus 5 guys is better quality and gives you way more fries and I think they taste really good.

I was being hyperbolic. But While taste is subjective, Im not paying $18 for a fast food lunch break meal - that's ridiculous and could feed me for a week at Taco Bell or Wendy's and other fast food etc. It's just not in the same tier

What Mickey D's needs to learn is the same lesson BK learned a while back: Nobody goes to McDonalds for premium anything.

They need to be focusing on keeping their menu prices lean, quick turn around time on orders, and food quality needs to be focused on "freshness". This will fall flat on its face.

This. You don't go to McDonalds for quality food. You go because you enjoy shoving that slop in your maw.

Keep the fast in their food is a priority.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Nothing worse than waiting a long time for food, and getting absolute trash.

Not McDonalds, but we went to Sonic and waited close to 10 minutes off to the side of the drive thru line and received this;

AsE2PIo.jpg

The food is usually fine, but I do agree that the wait for Sonic (at least the one I go to that's close to where I live) is ridiculous.

Top Bottom