• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Austin and Central Texas Community |OT| Tacos, Tunes, Traffic, and Torridity

Zoe

Obviously beer has to be involved. :p

and

Bowling

I dunno, it's just been on the mind.

Highland Lanes has the best deals for groups, but they're on Sunday. Sunday morning is all you can bowl until noon for $7, Sunday night is from 8:00pm to midnight for $10.

Unless you're talking about hipster bowling. If so, ew.

Timeaisis

Highland Lanes has the best deals for groups, but they're on Sunday. Sunday morning is all you can bowl until noon for $7, Sunday night is from 8:00pm to midnight for $10.

We never talk about hipster bowling.

AkuMifune

Banned
We never talk about hipster bowling.

Isn't that the first rule of hipster bowling?
I don't know what hipster bowling is

I've changed my tune on the Alamo Drafthouse btw. I think when I saw Man of Steel it was just too packed and too many people were eating. For Fury Road the crowd was less (middle of the day when I skipped out of work) and people were just drinking. It was great.

Then I made a fool of myself at Sherlock's. Good times!

A wild Zoe appears!

But that sounds pretty good! Although, that's if we ended up deciding on bowling as the main event. Which I wouldn't mind, of course. xP

What is hipster bowling?

Zoe

Hipster bowling would be places like The Good Night. Bf is a pretty avid bowler (we just came off a league at Mel's), but he refuses to have anything to do with lanes like that.

I'd definitely be up for bowling!

Bowling sounds fun.....but on a Sunday? Hmmmm

I'd be down for bowling.

keikaku.jpg

Hipster bowling would be places like The Good Night. Bf is a pretty avid bowler (we just came off a league at Mel's), but he refuses to have anything to do with lanes like that.

I just searched it up. That place has Karaoke, so I'm definitely going to check it out one day. Possibly soon!

Would 'The Union Underground' count as a Hipster Bowling? Hah. I usually go there with a certain group of friends for billiards.

Are you saying that you and your BF would possibly join us? :D

----------

Random Note: I tried so hard to remember everybody's name (I have bad memory when it comes to names) Hopefully I got it!

Timeaisis

keikaku.jpg

I just searched it up. That place has Karaoke, so I'm definitely going to check it out one day. Possibly soon!

Would 'The Union Underground' count as a Hipster Bowling? Hah. I usually go there with a certain group of friends for billiards.

Are you saying that you and your BF would possibly join us? :D

----------

Random Note: I tried so hard to remember everybody's name (I have bad memory when it comes to names) Hopefully I got it!

Yeah that place actually sounds fun lol.

@Bat: Getting there! It's Ian. Not a middle name though :p

I wasn't too sure if you wanted me to post it fully, haha. But dammit! I could've sworn you said something about a middle name.

I probably made it up in my head. Forever Troubled.

I'm down. We can get drunk enough to do karaoke later.

Sounds like bowling is the set thing, eh?

I don't need drinks, just let me be stupid and I'm set. All the rap songs are mine. Lol

Yeah that place actually sounds fun lol.

Zoe is secretly judging you right now.

Zoe

I think the Underground is more of a place that fell into disrepair/neglect. Main Event is about the same.

Haven't been to Punch Bowl Social yet, but I think their model is similar to The Good Night.

For the concept of taking some sport and making it more social, I think Top Golf hits all the right marks.

I am planning on checking out the Mondo Jurassic World exhibit next Friday (its opening night) but that shouldn't take all night. Starts at 7. What time are y'all thinking of bowling?

Timeaisis

I am planning on checking out the Mondo Jurassic World exhibit next Friday (its opening night) but that shouldn't take all night. Starts at 7. What time are y'all thinking of bowling?

Oh shit that's next Friday dammit. I wanted to go to that, too.

EDIT: Whatever, I'll just go another day.

I was thinking 7 but we could make it like 8 or 9 I guess. Depends on what people prefer. We could always do Saturday, but I remember last time people were saying it was better for them on Fridays.

I think the Underground is more of a place that fell into disrepair/neglect. Main Event is about the same.

Haven't been to Punch Bowl Social yet, but I think their model is similar to The Good Night.

For the concept of taking some sport and making it more social, I think Top Golf hits all the right marks.

The Punch Bowl Social is a cross between Dave and Busters, and the old Highball. I hear the new Highball doesn't even have bowling anymore so I probably won't be going back unless I'm invited to a karaoke night.

Timeaisis

The Official June Bowling Austin-GAF Meetup

Friday, June 12th 8:00 PM
The Goodnight AKA Hipster Bowling

Friday because I remember some random person has a preference for things on Fridays. So there. That's final (it's not).

Chime in if you wanna come, and which of the lovely bowling venues you prefer.

AkuMifune

Banned
Can't make it this weekend, but the rest of the family is going back to Taiwan in July so I'll have a lot of free time on my hands with nothing to show for it.

Just be sure to rope in another old gaf'er this time, there's nothing more sad than the oldest one in the group acting like the biggest jackass. ;)

Timeaisis

Who else? C'mon don't be shy, people. It's bowling! Everyone loves bowling!
Right?

Just be sure to rope in another old gaf'er this time, there's nothing more sad than the oldest one in the group acting like the biggest jackass. ;)

Haha I'm working on it.

Meier

Checking on Friday.. if I had to vote, I'd do The Goodnight since I've been wanting to check it out but have never gone since it's up north. Looks like the other option is close enough to not be a dealbreaker or anything though.

I'm partial to Highland, since it's closer to me and is surrounded by bars, in case we want to hang afterwards. Never been to the other.

Either is cool with me, though. I might be a little late, anyway.

Timeaisis

Checking on Friday.. if I had to vote, I'd do The Goodnight since I've been wanting to check it out but have never gone since it's up north. Looks like the other option is close enough to not be a dealbreaker or anything though.

Yeah, kind of in the same boat. I want to check it out. Sorry we keep doing these things up north! It's just where people end up suggesting. I definitely think for the next one we should do South Austin stuff. I don't get down there often enough. I'm sure you know plenty of cool stuff.

I'm partial to Highland, since it's closer to me and is surrounded by bars, in case we want to hang afterwards. Never been to the other.

Either is cool with me, though. I might be a little late, anyway.

Eh, we'll probably rent a lane for an hour or two, so you can catch the next set. And I'm definitely down for drinks afterward.

Timeaisis

3 for Goodnight, 2 for Highland. And a bunch of people who don't care. But you should care. Do your civic duty and vote.

This message brought to you by Timeaisis.

Sydle

Garbage is coming to Stubb's in October and is going to play their entire first album. I can't even right now.

I'd come to the bowling outing if I didn't already have plans with someone for a Orange is the New Black S3 binge. Hopefully next time!

Goodnight > Highland btw

Timeaisis

Looks like it's The Goodnight, then, folks.

I count like 9 possible people. Probably expect 6 or 7, like last time. I'll get there a little early to co-ordinate.

See ya'll tomorrow!

Meier

Garbage is coming to Stubb's in October and is going to play their entire first album. I can't even right now.

Totally forgot to do the presale today which of course sold out. Fingers crossed for tomorrow but not expecting any luck. They have a show in Houston the day before and Dallas the day after so there won't even be a chance for them to add a second one. Ugh. :*(

Top Bottom