• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cursed Mountain [Wii] New Trailer

G.O.O.

Dascu said:
http://img1.livegen.fr/00/00/22/70/0000227064.jpg
This one gives me a
tenacious D
vibe

The game looks good, but the gameplay looks kinda rough around the edges from that In the Snow vidoc I watched on IGN. Combat seems kinda tedious.
It often is in survivals. But I dunno for this one. Didn't we have some positive impressions from E3 ?

G.O.O.

Aaaaand first review is out (it has been for a week, but hey)

N-zone said:
Cursed Mountain – Singleplayer: 82 (Controls: 78 | Graphics: 84 | Sound: 86)
+ absolutely no load-times during a chapter
+ high quality (german) localization
+ tight atmosphere
- “slow” pacing, sluggish controls
For more info, destructoid has an interesting preview.

No official thread btw ?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
G.O.O. said:
Aaaaand first review is out (it has been for a week, but hey)

For more info, destructoid has an interesting preview.

No official thread btw ?
an official thread requires a certain window left to launch. and we are not there yet.

are you trying to lure somebody into bannation?

G.O.O.

blu said:
an official thread requires a certain window left to launch. and we are not there yet.

are you trying to lure somebody into bannation?
Two weeks, isn't it ?

I believe it's out on august 27th ou september 4th, something like that.

But being myself very interested in it and unable to say when I can buy it, I guess this

An official thread requires a certain level of interest :(
is the correct answer :(

MWCShay

This game is good as bought, there needs to be more horror games come out. I wish someone would make one were you stuck at the bottom of an ocean.

Amalthea

Banned
Got the game! Seems like the PAL-discs also have more colors now.

qn9rmv.jpg

4u9g8p.jpg

Liked what I played so far but it's still morning here so I need to wait until it gets dark to see how good the atmosphere really is.

Amalthea

Banned
You can pick up items with A with B you swing the pickaxe, + opens your inventory, Z lets you run, with c you use your "Third eye" with wich you can see spiritual seals. You can hurt some ghosts with B but you can shoot them with spiritual power (like a normal gun) in the "Third eye-Dimension".
There will be more moves based on motion controls but I'm not far enough in the game.

Huh, apparently this is really already out. Did this come out in Germany first or something? Apparently, the German version is cut in some places, though, looks like I'll be importing the UK version once it's out (provided that people's impressions of the game are good).

Amalthea

Banned
magicalsoundshower said:
Huh, apparently this is really already out. Did this come out in Germany first or something? Apparently, the German version is cut in some places, though, looks like I'll be importing the UK version once it's out.

The game was developed in Austria so Germany, Austria and Switzerland got it first.
Can't say anything about cuts, I found just some rotten corpses and shrink-heads yet.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I saw an advert for this game on TV! Madness!

It had Night Vision images of people playing the game (and apparently "no actors were used in this advert"), and they were totally creeped out. The tagline was something like "will you be scared" or something.

Quite effective marketing. Effective at making me know I'll never be able to play this scary ass game!!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Might give this a go, never really been into Survival Horror Games , I do love Dead Space though and RE4,

will wait until Sept 4th and for some reviews and gaf impressions before i buy it

McBacon said:
I saw an advert for this game on TV! Madness!

It had Night Vision images of people playing the game (and apparently "no actors were used in this advert"), and they were totally creeped out. The tagline was something like "will you be scared" or something.

Quite effective marketing. Effective at making me know I'll never be able to play this scary ass game!!
When does this release in the US?

edit: Nevermind

magicalsoundshower said:
Apparently, the German version is cut in some places, though, looks like I'll be importing the UK version once it's out (provided that people's impressions of the game are good).

Where did you get this information from?

Frencherman said:
Where did you get this information from?
When I was browsing amazon.de earlier, they were selling both the "regular" game for 45 Euros and an allegedly "uncut English version" for 53 Euros. But then again, this might as well have been some kind of ruse to make a couple more bucks off gamers who've come to expect German releases of games to be cut in some way.

Amalthea

Banned
Played trough the second chapter wich was really scary when playing at night, the game is really unique with its Tibetian/mountaineering-scenario and its battle system. Sometimes the graphics were reall rough but the levels are huge (there are no loading-times during the chapters) and the mountain seems so vast that it doesn't really matter.

Some great particle effects and some basic motion blur are also in.
It seems like the gameplay is really varied, once you fight ghost then you must break mystical barriers another time you have to climb trough dangerous places.

Battles and opening the barriers include always some sort of rituals wich are performed with waggling, once you have weakened an enemy or found a barrier (often symbolized by a motion blur fog) you must perform a certain series of movements to destroy them, the harder the enemies the more movement must be done. It's good that the game detects the motion controls precisely.

G.O.O.

Tyrant_Onion said:
impressions
Didn't know it was already out somewhere. Don't hesitate to post more as you progress, I'm not really sure how fast reviews will come for a underhyped title such as this :lol

GC|Simon

I got my copy today and played it nearly two hours. Here are my impressions so far:

So far I'm glad that I bought it. Let's first discuss the technical site. The graphics are great. Yes, most of the textures are ugly when you look at them from a very near distance, but overall the game looks great. There are completely no loading times and it's for sure one of the better looking Wii games. The sound is also awesome, the only con: Some voices in the German synchro sound a little ridiculous. Overall both, the graphics and the sound, build a great creepy atmosphere. Additionally the story seems to be very good and interesting. The controls are working also fine. You need some simple gestures for fights. The fights are in the "gameplay point of view" nothing special, but they are thrilling staged.

I really love the game so far, sometimes it reminds me of Eternal Darkness.

blu

thanks for the impressions, deutsche gaf!

Haruspex

Banned
The setting and premise shows a lot of promise, will likely pick it up when it hits the UK. Though whoever is playing in those videos realy spoils the atmosphere by running around like a clown, if I were in some abandoned town in the middle of the Himalayas I sure wouldn't be jogging around everywhere. Sorry, pet peeve.

scitek

The combat in this game is atrocious. You can be attacked while healing, too, which is fucking inexcusable. I keep getting killed by the first boss.

scitek said:
The combat in this game is atrocious. You can be attacked while healing, too, which is fucking inexcusable. I keep getting killed by the first boss.
I guess I don't get why iys a bad thing to be attacked while healing. Is it different in this game?

Metroid

In order to heal yourself you must put incense sticks in a certain shrine.
BTW I got killed at the first boss as well...whilst healing
at the shrine..
But so far the game is decent, will play further tonight:D

EDIT: spoiler just for shure

blu

scitek said:
The combat in this game is atrocious. You can be attacked while healing, too, which is fucking inexcusable.
ok, i actually laughed out at this.

*still chuckling*

I saw on ad on TV last night... on Bravo or Dave or something. First time I heard of the game... then I read a bit in GamesTM about it, describing Buddha and praying.

Really sounds like a weird F'd up game I would enjoy.

The TV ad got my attention too. I want to hear more impressions, but I've been on a bit of a Wii action spree recently, finished No More Heroes, Disaster and I'm currently working on Madworld, this looks like it could be up next.

Getting second thoughts about this - will rent it first.

scitek said:
Didn't know you were from German speaking GAF too.

dragonfart28 said:
This game has such a Shadowman vibe to it.

Good reference there.

I have to say that the majority of video has not shown the EPIC enemies in this game. Go and look at the pics on Ninty evrything (can i reference that?) and some of their designs are friggin creepy as. So much more excited for this game after seeing what else there is besides the cannon fodder.

Top Bottom