• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

Sweet, I will buy the cheapest hunk of junk 221 times.

Oh god, this is taking a long ass time. Is there a way to check how many cars are in your garage without counting?
In FH2 it's in "statistics" but in FM5 it only says how many cars of each manufacturer you have(edit: at least as far as I know, because: see post above).
Pro Math teacher tip: If you have 10.000.000Cr and need to buy a 12.000Cr car 221 times, keep doing that until your credits are down to 7.348.000Cr ;)

etta

my hard graphic balls
It shows how many cars are in your garage in your stats.

FH2: Progress -> Stats
Forza 5: Forza Profile -> My Stats

I'm sure the older ones work similarly.

In FH2 it's in "statistics" but in FM5 it only says how many cars of each manufacturer you have(edit: at least as far as I know, because: see post above).
Pro Math teacher tip: If you have 10.000.000Cr and need to buy a 12.000Cr car 221 times, keep doing that until your credits are down to 7.348.000Cr ;)

Thanks, guys.
And yea, of course I did it the math way first, but I keep changing which cars I buy so I don't get bored, lol.

Given how easy money is to come by in Forza games - and how I enjoy earning it anyway - I'm not going to sit and buy 200 cars in Forza 5/Horizon 2 when I could be playing those games. :)

Grassy

Given how easy money is to come by in Forza games - and how I enjoy earning it anyway - I'm not going to sit and buy 200 cars in Forza 5/Horizon 2 when I could be playing those games. :)

I agree with the money coming easy. Having completed career mode 100% and owning every car, I still have ~15 million credits in Forza 5. Although most of that came near the middle/end of the career mode and after a shitload of time put in, not that I didn't enjoy it of course.

However I'd much rather be able to buy any car I want at the start of the game, just for Photomode and hot laps.
There's also plenty of expensive cars I'd like to use early on in career mode that normally you can't. I mean if they're not using cars as prizes/incentives for winning career mode events/gaining levels then it doesn't matter to me when I get them really. I'll still play the hell out of it.

ShamePain

Banned
793a223d-20c4-4871-b406-e8dbe10bc477.jpg

The trees look real nice, seems like the same tech they used for trees on the Nurburgring, hopefully some of the returning tracks got updated too. Spa was particularly bad.

eso76

The trees look real nice, seems like the same tech they used for trees on the Nurburgring, hopefully some of the returning tracks got updated too. Spa was particularly bad.

Indeed.
Hadn't noticed.
What i noticed is all pics are mid day in clear weather but that might mean nothing.

4 tracks left ?

So that makes it 2 after the inevitable: Monza and Pacific Raceways announcements :)

Azzawon

Only ever driven Lime Rock in iRacing, but I really enjoy it. Glad it's coming to Forza!

The Zakspeed Capri is an absolute beast too, can't wait to get my hands on it and do some laps around the Nordschleife.

This should be pretty fun too:

gto-touring-1-e1414573323657.jpg

ShamePain

Banned
Indeed.
Hadn't noticed.
What i noticed is all pics are mid day in clear weather but that might mean nothing.

4 tracks left ?

So that makes it 2 after the inevitable: Monza and Pacific Raceways announcements :)

They don't seem to race Lime Rock at night/rain in real life, so I guess that rules those out.

shinnn

Lime Rock is a nice addition. A nice little track.

Spa is already shown in the last car announcement.

159c0420-816a-495d-9028-16b325f1e02e.jpg

Zakspeed Capri, damn...

Also, a pretty historic car snuck by in that list with only one mention and no pictures. The 1955 Mercedes 300 SLR.
7903972640_b11e6786f8_b.jpg

I don't think it's the open top version because that had "722" in the name as far as I can remember. If it's the one I showed in the picture, I'd be amazed if it was laser scanned because to my knowledge there's only one in existence.

shandy706

Keep that info coming Turn 10.

Can't wait.

Zakspeed Capri, damn...

Also, a pretty historic car snuck by in that list with only one mention and no pictures. The 1955 Mercedes 300 SLR.
7903972640_b11e6786f8_b.jpg

I don't think it's the open top version because that had "722" in the name as far as I can remember. If it's the one I showed in the picture, I'd be amazed if it was laser scanned because to my knowledge there's only one in existence.

Love the exhaust ports.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well I went ahead and bought all the cheap cars. Now everything new is over 30k. I have 136 in my garage. I've found that you very quickly make money in Horizon 2 from the races, level up bonuses, and top driver winnings.

I'll probably get to 200 cars quite naturally, especially if I take on the habit of keeping different designs I like as separate cars for my more favored models and different class specs for some that are more flexible in terms of what is enjoyable with them.

If it comes to it and seems easy enough, I may make a little Rabbit GTI army to bump over 300 at the end, but I bet you'll also make money quickly in Forza 6, so it's not something I'd go out of my way for even though a trade of say 500k in Horizon 2 for 5 million in Forza 6 would be quite nice.

BADNED

The race car's been finished for at least a year now, so I'd imagine it's pretty far along.
The GTE is far from finished. What you saw in June will differ quite a bit from what you will see at Daytona in January and more so after that!
Zakspeed Capri, damn...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8322/7903972640_b11e6786f8_b.jpg

It is the Moss/Jenkinson #722 Mille Miglia racer and not the Uhlenhaut Coupe.

ShamePain

Banned
Forza 6 has a better grounds crew confirmed.
GetPhoto.ashx

In daytime the lighting seem more or less the same technically. It's less in your face compared to forza 5, the trees look much better, the crowds are 3d, 24 cars on track vs 16 in fm5, dynamic tire barriers and other small improvements here and there.

ShamePain

Banned
Looks pretty cool:
limerock.jpg

Where's the list with all the tracks confirmed so far?

Here's a list of currently confirmed tracks.
1. Rio
2. Daytona(Night)
3. Watkins Glen
4. Brands Hatch(Rain)
5. Indianapolis (new reworked layout)
6. Prague
7. Bathurst
8. Nurburgring(Rain)
9. Sebring(Night/Rain)
10. Road America(Night)
11. Road Atlanta
12. Long Beach
13. Top Gear Test Track
14. Yas Marina(Night)
15. Airfield Test Course
16. Le Mans(Night)
17. Laguna Seca
18. Bernese Alps
19. Circuit de Catalunya
20. Circuit de Spa Francorchamps(Night)
21. Silverstone
22. Lime Rock Park
23. ???
24. ???
25. ???
26. ???

Noobcraft

In daytime the lighting seem more or less the same technically. It's less in your face compared to forza 5, the trees look much better, the crowds are 3d, 24 cars on track vs 16 in fm5, dynamic tire barriers and other small improvements here and there.
It's cool that the windshield is casting a shadow in FM6, where there isn't one in FM5.

etta

my hard graphic balls
1. Rio
2. Daytona(Night)
3. Watkins Glen
4. Brands Hatch(Rain)
6. Prague
7. Bathurst
8. Nurburgring(Rain)
9. Sebring(Night/Rain)
10. Road America(Night)
11. Road Atlanta
12. Long Beach
13. Top Gear Test Track
14. Yas Marina(Night)
15. Airfield Test Course
16. Le Mans(Night)
17. Laguna Seca
18. Bernese Alps
19. Circuit de Catalunya
21. Silverstone
22. Lime Rock Park
23. ???
24. ???
25. ???
26. ???
Thanks, no night time for Switzerland? The glow could look nice at night time in the Alps.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So you ever play so much with all these hypercars and turbo charger stuff that the sound of their engine gets tiresome so you bust out an SLR and it's like mmmmmmmmmmm

ShamePain

Banned
So you ever play so much with all these hypercars and turbo charger stuff that the sound of their engine gets tiresome so you bust out an SLR and it's like mmmmmmmmmmm

No, that's when you whip out a Tesla. Plus your video has reminded me of how awful the exhaust farts were in Forza 5, hopefully those are changed in fm6.

It is the Moss/Jenkinson #722 Mille Miglia racer and not the Uhlenhaut Coupe.

Well, still better than no car. It was one of the few classical racers that handled well in FM4 so it's still a welcome return.

Also, are rain drop effects reduced in open top cars with no wipers?

We knew it was coming for a while, but that doesn't make it any less exciting to see it made official: Lime Rock Park is a wonderful addition to the Forza track roster. The series sometimes lacks for tracks that work for older, slower machines, and Lime Rock scales well up to some rather fast ones, too.

Only a few circuits shy now of being able to run the entire IMSA Tudor Championship schedule; we've come a long way from the handful of ALMS tracks in previous games.

lem0n

yQwkAuv.jpg

Love the Zakspeed, such a bonkers car!

Also love these additions

1973 Ford Capri RS3100
1981 Ford Fiesta XR2

I wonder how many actually new models we're gonna see? So many are just recycled from FH2 DLC packs... Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, there are many cars in Horizon I have wanted to actually get on a track.

Porsche9146

Neo Member
With Lime Rock, Daytona and Watkin's Glen all added, we now have every track on the IMSA schedule but Mosport, the Circuit of the Americas, VIR and Belle Isle. We still only have Indianapolis, the Indianapolis infield and Long Beach from IndyCar, which sort of surprises me because Mid-Ohio and Barber seem like they'd be as good a fit as Lime Rick, and Sonoma was of course cut after only appearing in FM4.

ShamePain

Banned
I wonder how many actually new models we're gonna see? So many are just recycled from FH2 DLC packs... Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, there are many cars in Horizon I have wanted to actually get on a track.

The cars are produced by the same outsourcing company and there's only so much they can produce, especially considering Horizon 2 is being supported this long after launch. The two franchises can now share car assets even more easily given that both support night/weather.

The cars are produced by the same outsourcing company and there's only so much they can produce, especially considering Horizon 2 is being supported this long after launch. The two franchises can now share car assets even more easily given that both support night/weather.
Horizon and Motorsports have always shared cars. Which make it annoying when FH2 DLC cars are identical to FM5 on-disc cars, such as the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3, or FM5 DLC like the 1956 Ford F100, 2013 Audi RS4 Avant. *cough* ripoff *cough*

shinnn

I think they toned down a bit the "3D" grasses and improved the ground textures.

Like in the Lime Rock pics

6013f861-a665-40de-b817-a52c205ce9d3.jpg

In FM5 it should be full of grass.

ShamePain

Banned
Horizon and Motorsports have always shared cars. Which make it annoying when FH2 DLC cars are identical to FM5 on-disc cars, such as the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3, or FM5 DLC like the 1956 Ford F100, 2013 Audi RS4 Avant. *cough* ripoff *cough*
Forza 5 cars didn't support rain effects, working windshield wipers and nighttime cockpit illumination. It's whole other load of work to be done, take a guess why Forza 5 had 10 cars per month as DLC and Horizon 2 only 6 and Forza 6 only 7.

Stevey

1. Rio
2. Daytona(Night)
3. Watkins Glen
4. Brands Hatch(Rain)
6. Prague
7. Bathurst
8. Nurburgring(Rain)
9. Sebring(Night/Rain)
10. Road America(Night)
11. Road Atlanta
12. Long Beach
13. Top Gear Test Track
14. Yas Marina(Night)
15. Airfield Test Course
16. Le Mans(Night)
17. Laguna Seca
18. Bernese Alps
19. Circuit de Catalunya
21. Silverstone
22. Lime Rock Park
23. ???
24. ???
25. ???
26. ???

I'll be pissed if Suzuka doesnt make a return.

Top Bottom