• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

willbsn13

I really hope we wouldn't have to scrap them again. I would love if they went back and updated some of the older models, but I'm not sure how people would sit with them if they did that. Either way, that decision won't have to come hopefully after we get FM7 w/700 forzavista cars and 35+ tracks in 2017 ;)

Never said they'd have to scrap them. And ray tracing can improve how models look, so yea, it could still be used that way.

GeForce Ray Tracing from 2010(?)

But ray tracing doesn't directly affect models. Design Garage still looks worse than a Forza game just because the assets are weird and not of great quality. The lighting can enhance the presentation of a model because it's lit in a more realistic way, but it doesn't have any effect on the detail of anything.

I really hope we wouldn't have to scrap them again. I would love if they went back and updated some of the older models, but I'm not sure how people would sit with them if they did that. Either way, that decision won't have to come hopefully after we get FM7 w/700 forzavista cars and 35+ tracks in 2017 ;)

Most of the cars in current Forza games are essentially from the first game as far as I'm aware. Some cars like the 1995 MR2 still have issues that were present in the very first game, and the cars have essentially just been "modelled over" since then. Despite what they said about scrapping the content for Forza 5, some of it was still definitely kept. The E92 M3 had a bug in Forza 4 where one of the front lights would turn on under braking, and that's still present in Forza 5. It's possible but extremely unlikely that they made a new model and made the exact same mistakes, but it's more believeable that they just enhanced some assets instead of starting fresh.

etta

my hard graphic balls
But ray tracing doesn't directly affect models. Design Garage still looks worse than a Forza game just because the assets are weird and not of great quality. The lighting can enhance the presentation of a model because it's lit in a more realistic way, but it doesn't have any effect on the detail of anything.

I know what you mean, but lighting can make decent models look great. Wasn't there that high end developer that said last gen that lighting is the most important aspect of a game's presentation? But I know what you mean, the actual model is independent of lighting. Also, those car models are from, I am not positive, but half a decade ago or more. I remember being blown away when I saw those screenshots for the first time, but yea, now even Forza 4 has better looking models.

witness

Ended up going all the way in on this and pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition. I want all the DLC anyway, and I trust T10 (getting 3 packs for Horizon 2 was a nice added bonus). I never played 5, only just got a Xbox One, so I don't have that sour taste in my mouth that many seem to have. Can't wait for further reveals for cars and tracks.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ended up going all the way in on this and pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition. I want all the DLC anyway, and I trust T10 (getting 3 packs for Horizon 2 was a nice added bonus). I never played 5, only just got a Xbox One, so I don't have that sour taste in my mouth that many seem to have. Can't wait for further reveals for cars and tracks.

Get FH2 if you can, it's incredible, and you'll get used to the handling/physics of Forza series.

Outrun

I know, it would take 30 minutes by someone half competent to fix that. Looks like those handles are from the 2009 version and didn't get updated with the rest of the body. But apparently the priority is to release more games versus polished games.

FM6 will be plenty polished.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'm not sure FH2 has a similar feel in handling/physics of mainline Forza games....

With some of the assists turned off, I haven't noticed much difference to be honest. Although, yes, the offroad handling is completely different. But on the pavement, it feels similar to me. They are using the same physics engine after all.

terrible

Banned
I'm not sure FH2 has a similar feel in handling/physics of mainline Forza games...maybe it's been too long since I played Forza 5.

With all assists off and steering set to simulation (how I play Forza) I feel like there's still a ton of hidden TCS and ABS going on with FH2. FH2 handles more like Forza 4 than Forza 5, with Forza 5 handling far closer to things like Assetto Corsa or Project Cars than the older games. I played a bit of Forza 4 again recently and was surprised at how much harder I could push cars before losing grip.

FH2 certainly doesn't handle as simulation based as Forza 5 even with all of the assists off. Its not intended to either. FH2 and F5 are perfect for arcade and sim fans respectively, both are masterful in terms of control for each genre.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I feel like FH2 needs the assists because otherwise all the random traffic coming out of nowhere requires erratic weaving too often, not to mention the occasional required offroad shortcuts between trees. There have been many times I was taking a turn masterfully and it was like "Oh yeeeeaaaaFUCK!" because an oncoming car came around the other side. Even worse are drivatars that have learned from their associated humans to purposefully cross into the incoming lane to crash into you head-on. However, in closed tracks that are intelligently designed, the no-assists controls are super fun.

hwy_61

Banned
Yes. Support will do it for you, but you have to chat or call them.

FakeEdit: What they actually do is cancel the first pre-order and let you pre-order the edition you want.

Microsoft has excellent CS. I had to cancel a preorder a while back, and it was a breeze. It was actually pleasant talking to a CS rep for once.

I'm not sure FH2 has a similar feel in handling/physics of mainline Forza games...maybe it's been too long since I played Forza 5.
After getting back into FM5 after a few months of FH2, I drove like shit! Even with relatively underpowered RWD cars I'd spin out regularly (thanks, Rewind!). And this is with identical settings in both games. Also, 60 FPS is amazing even though FH2 looks great for a 30 FPS racer.

saladine1

I just hope Fanatec have a solution for cross platform wheel like they did last gen. I never played FM5 with a wheel outside a friends one.

£82 for the Ultimate Edition from Xbox Live, huh? Well, that's quite a lot. How much is the VIP membership alone as I usually buyy that. Maybe I'll fork out for it?

willbsn13

Possibly a track reveal coming in the next two weeks before gamescom?

[Tweet]https://twitter.com/dan_greenawalt/status/622880451003199488[/Tweet]

Mascot

I just hope Fanatec have a solution for cross platform wheel like they did last gen. I never played FM5 with a wheel outside a friends one.

They already do mate, the CSW v2 base with Universal XB1 hub . Bloody expensive, though.

I hated having to use a joypad to play FM5. It's such a piss-poor way to control a sim after having a FFB wheel for all driving games since FM2. The reduced traction made it even worse. I'd love to try FM5 with a wheel to see what it really feels like.

BADNED

;)

I'm doing it only this time, so here it is! Just for you Spiff.

And saladine, patience. You'll be served soon!

SarBear

;)

I'm doing it only this time, so here it is! Just for you Spiff.

And saladine, patience. You'll be served soon!

I need to hear more about the community aspect of Forza 6......because 5 was pitiful. So I hope you guys have it sorted out to be more like Forza 4 because that was pretty decent to me.

I was looking at the X1 store to pre-order 9/10 edition and it mentioned I could "pre-load now but it won't be accessible...etc. I know all that but it's quite early. What does that mean I'm pre-loading some of the early built of the game? Same noticed for COD:BO3

Thx!

mike4001_

I was looking at the X1 store to pre-order 9/10 edition and it mentioned I could "pre-load now but it won't be accessible...etc. I know all that but it's quite early. What does that mean I'm pre-loading some of the early built of the game? Same noticed for COD:BO3

Thx!

I don´t think you are preloading anything just yet.

Probably some time before the official release.

saladine1

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about something else and not wheels. Sorry!

OK, then if it's what I'm thinking about then bring that shit on!!!!!!

Monaros, Torana's, Brocks, HSV's, Falcon GT's!!!!

I've been waiting patiently and quietly for far too long now and every car reveal thus far has edged me ever so closer to all out 'sniper from the watch tower' mode.

I'm hanging by a thread here Turn 10. Don't let me snap...

khoqKkr.gif

tuna_love

Banned
OK, then if it's what I'm thinking about then bring that shit on!!!!!!

Monaros, Torana's, Brocks, HSV's, Falcon GT's!!!!

I've been waiting patiently and quietly for far too long now and every car reveal thus far has edged me ever so closer to all out 'sniper from the watch tower' mode.

I'm hanging by a thread here Turn 10. Don't let me snap...

khoqKkr.gif
I just want a hz ute

eso76

It sounds silly, but I'm just glad I can drive an NSX, F40, or Enzo without recoiling in horror.

It doesn't, I couldn't bring myself to use a lot of cars in Forza 3 and 4, the F40 was one of those and it's a pretty big deal to me since it's one of my favorite cars eve.r

AristoCat

It doesn't, I couldn't bring myself to use a lot of cars in Forza 3 and 4, the F40 was one of those and it's a pretty big deal to me since it's one of my favorite cars eve.r

I know that feel, Subaru 22B is one of my favorites, never used it in FM because of that, same with the Golf 4 R32 and some others...

Thx!

Nah. MS is using some kind of placeholder installation for these early pre-orders like FM6 and Blops III.

Yeah basically a locked pre-order. Closer to release like 2 weeks before the drop we'll be able to pre-load..like usual.

What caught me of guard is that sentence " You may download now...." Because when I see that in the fine print I'm always able to pre-load many X1 games months prior official release.

£82 for the Ultimate Edition from Xbox Live, huh? Well, that's quite a lot. How much is the VIP membership alone as I usually buyy that. Maybe I'll fork out for it?

You can save a few quid looking for cheaper Xbox points. When I preordered CDKeys was doing £50 of Xbox Credit for just over £40.

You can save a few quid looking for cheaper Xbox points. When I preordered CDKeys was doing £50 of Xbox Credit for just over £40.

I don't know how it works for people across the pond, but Rakuten is selling $50 Xbox cards for $40 right now. This is something that regularly pops up on www.slickdeals.net

http://slickdeals.net/f/7990527-50-...e-shipping-w-visa-checkout?v=1&src=SiteSearch

If you buy 2 of those then one could get the ultimate edition of Forza for the same price as the deluxe.

EDIT: Depending where you live Rakuten and/or Microsoft may charge you sales tax on both the Rakuten card and for the game from Microsoft

EDIT EDIT: Ok, I forgot you could only use the visa code once per account, so I just purchased 2 cards use two separate accounts and 2 separate visa cards/accounts. (something I had done before to buy 2 copies of Destiny. One for me and one for a friend who didn't have a Visa. So if you have 2 Visa cards (IE debit & credit) then this will work for you. If not then keep reading... sorry...

willbsn13

http://www.autotalk.com/autotalk-com-interviews-dan-greenawalt-creative-director-on-forza-6-27303/

AT: Will the new Le Mans racer make it to the game as well?

DG: It was awesome to see the all-new Ford GT Racing car unveiled at Le Mans this year and, much like the production model, we are working with Ford to make sure the racing version is included in-game as well.

New interview with Dan, confirms new Ford GTE Le Man Racer. Unsure if DLC or not though...probably DLC if it was only unveiled a few weeks back and cars take 6 months to add into the game.

etta

my hard graphic balls
How are you guys filling up your garages to get the extra credit coming with FM6? Can you buy the same cheap car in FH2 over and over again? Can you do that 200 times and have it count? I see that I have three Huracan's in my garage. Is this doable in FM5?

terrible

Banned
How are you guys filling up your garages to get the extra credit coming with FM6? Can you buy the same cheap car in FH2 over and over again? Can you do that 200 times and have it count? I see that I have three Huracan's in my garage. Is this doable in FM5?

Yeah you can buy the same car 200 times if you want.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yeah you can buy the same car 200 times if you want.

Sweet, I will buy the cheapest hunk of junk 221 times.

Oh god, this is taking a long ass time. Is there a way to check how many cars are in your garage without counting?

terrible

Banned
Sweet, I will buy the cheapest hunk of junk 221 times.

Oh god, this is taking a long ass time. Is there a way to check how many cars are in your garage without counting?
It shows how many cars are in your garage in your stats.

FH2: Progress -> Stats
Forza 5: Forza Profile -> My Stats

I'm sure the older ones work similarly.

Top Bottom