• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

LordJ

Banned
Got a question. Do you think the Ultimate Edition is worth getting? I absolutely love Forza but never bought any extras except for Horizon's Storm Island which I loved. I got a couple of the Newegg $50 for $30 codes last month so I'd essentially be paying $60+ tax for it.

ShamePain

Banned
Haven't you installed the new patch?

Tried to play it again today - the game started freezing halfway through the race, reminded myself why I'll never purchase anything from SMS ever again, fool me once. Should've spent that money on Witcher or Batman, but now I'm stuck with a digital version of a broken game.

ShamePain

Banned
Got a question. Do you think the Ultimate Edition is worth getting? I absolutely love Forza but never bought any extras except for Horizon's Storm Island which I loved. I got a couple of the Newegg $50 for $30 codes last month so I'd essentially be paying $60+ tax for it.

Depends on whether you want to play the game a few days earlier and have access to season pass/vip membership. It's cheaper than getting them separately.

For those talking about race lengths - endurance races are apparently included so there's that.

90ObK7D.jpg

ShamePain

Banned
I doubt Fujimi is coming back. It's a long track that would take a lot of time to remake and not very good for anything other than drifting, I wouldn't be surprised that T10's research showed that it was the least used track in previous games, I know for me it was.

eso76

I doubt Fujimi is coming back. It's a long track that would take a lot of time to remake and not very good for anything other than drifting, I wouldn't be surprised that T10's research showed that it was the least used track in previous games, I know for me it was.

It was good for driving, dammit.

Fujimi Kaido in any vintage E Class RWD using a Fanatec and H shifter was, like, the best gaming experience ever.

For those talking about race lengths - endurance races are apparently included so there's that.

Where Endurance = 6 Laps !

j/k

AristoCat

Being properly fast on it without drifting is something on his own, one of my favorite thing with my friends online on forza 4. Many hours were spend playing with touge rules.

hwy_61

Banned
I've got my finger on the trigger for the ultimate edition. Is that version overkill? I don't really play online. I'm more of a just collect all the cars kind of person.

Hmmm, I've been hovering over the pre order button on Xbox one, I think I'm going to do it.
I did it earlier, I'd say so.

I've got my finger on the trigger for the ultimate edition. Is that version overkill? I don't really play online. I'm more of a just collect all the cars kind of person.
By collect all cars, do you mean DLC included? Because the ultimate edition is a bit cheaper than buying the game and the season pass.

Mascot

Tried to play it again today - the game started freezing halfway through the race, reminded myself why I'll never purchase anything from SMS ever again, fool me once. Should've spent that money on Witcher or Batman, but now I'm stuck with a digital version of a broken game.

Bone version? My PS4 version runs just awesomely fine and buttery smooth, apart from the known annoyances being addressed. No freezes or any of that shit though.

Maybe try uninstalling and downloading fresh?

Noobcraft

Bone version? My PS4 version runs just awesomely fine and buttery smooth
The screen tearing is absolutely awful in the PS4 version. I drove California highway (full) solo with no weather and it was constantly tearing frames. I can't even imagine how bad it would be with other cars on the course.

Mascot

The screen tearing is absolutely awful in the PS4 version. I drove California highway (full) solo with no weather and it was constantly tearing frames. I can't even imagine how bad it would be with other cars on the course.

I haven't driven that track since the first few days, but yeah, the tearing was pretty bad on that one. I tend to drive the proper race circuits, and mainly online. Performance is excellent on those.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How is buying cars in the mainline Forza? Because the design of the whole shop in Horizon 2 is absolute garbage and it crashes on attempt to load a user design really frequently, like maybe even every 20 minutes if you are active checking out a lot of cars and designs.

I also wish there was a way to mark designs you like in order to get later since for some stupid reason it ejects you once you've picked one out, and then it seems others you may have liked as well just disappear from the set if you loaded them to look at them and you have to try and guess what category it might be hidden under then wade through dozens of others to find it.

How is buying cars in the mainline Forza? Because the design of the whole shop in Horizon 2 is absolute garbage and it crashes on attempt to load a user design really frequently, like maybe even every 20 minutes if you are active checking out a lot of cars and designs.

FM5 is stable. FH2 had some weird issues, particularly with tunes and the DLC cars, but I never experienced anything remotely as bad as "every 20 minutes."

I also wish there was a way to mark designs you like in order to get later since for some stupid reason it ejects you once you've picked one out, and then it seems others you may have liked as well just disappear from the set if you loaded them to look at them and you have to try and guess what category it might be hidden under then wade through dozens of others to find it.

Yeah. I didn't have this problem specifically, but quality-of-life refinements is something that T10 and PG have really dropped the ball on with FM5 and FH2. FH2 mp would have been amazing with some TLC.

I disagree, its a great track for driving, very organic and fun, its also an amazing track to show graphics, to take pictures and was really fun in traffic and one vs one events.

ShamePain

Banned
Bone version? My PS4 version runs just awesomely fine and buttery smooth, apart from the known annoyances being addressed. No freezes or any of that shit though.

Maybe try uninstalling and downloading fresh?

Yes, Xbone version. Can't be bothered to fix the game, the physics are just awfully floaty and I genuinely think that they lied about making a whole new physics engine because at times it certainly feels like the Shift series. The cars just don't feel planted on the road.
As for Forza in game dealership I hope they go back to the way it was on lastgen - where you first chose the manufacturer and then individual models, the way it's done in FM5/FH2 is such a step backwards, going through a huge dump of cars gets old quick and it's only gonna get messier the more cars they add. And don't tell me about sorting, it's still way slower and more obtuse than having a list of manufacturers.

Mascot

Yes, Xbone version. Can't be bothered to fix the game, the physics are just awfully floaty and I genuinely think that they lied about making a whole new physics engine because at times it certainly feels like the Shift series. The cars just don't feel planted on the road.

Wow. This is the complete antithesis of my own experience. Polar opposites.

CaVaYeRo

In case anyone's interested, here's my recent hands-on:

http://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/330564/Forza+Motorsport+6+Hands-on/

And here's some info on supported racing wheels and upcoming Porsche cars:

"We work really closely with all the accessory hardware manufacturers. It's awesome having four options now this year. We have Mad Catz, Thrustmaster and then new for this year is Logitech and Fanatec (an adapter for Fanatec wheel), it's very hi-end setup, very customisable, but all are great - I have the Mad Catz one at home, I love the Thrustmaster's one, we had the Logitech one at E3 and it was really, really cool, and we also have the Fanatec one. It's nice having multiple price ranges for the consumers too, and then all have slightly different feel, slightly different features", answered Chris Bishop, franchise manager, during a recent event in Madrid, on how they're trying to improve feedback, handling, realism and such. "There's a number of different steering options that you have in Forza Motorsport 6 (from simulation-standard-assisted) so you can kind of mess around with those to see which one works best, but definitely having more time with the console and more time working with these manufacturers to make these wheels... They come to the studios, we'll send them builds of our game and they'll send us wheels and we'll get them feedback and vice versa, so we've worked with them for a long time and made sure that all the wheels work really good with FM, and I think that worked better than ever with Forza Motorsport 6: more time, more testing, better responsiveness, more accurate, better updates", he added when asked about possible further config options".

Has anyone tried the Fanatec adapter here?

Plus, this is on Forza focusing on asphalt racing:

"we're really focused on Motorsport on the asphalt racing with four-tyre cars"

Bonus, I'm in love:

danowat

Banned
? ...Is that just a typing error or is your second affirmation unrelated to the first? 'Cause I'm pretty sure Mascot was talking about Project Cars

Yeah, I foolishly assumed since we were in an FM thread, it was about FM, my bad.

That said, pad physics in PCars are also pretty good, once you've got the controller settings dialled in.

I'm glad that Road Atlanta is still in as it's my tuning track. Lime Rock Park looks great fun. Please Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Beardywalt ;)

Gestault

The process isn't as streamlined as I'd like for bulk car-buying, but if your Horizon 2 is having software crashes, then it sounds like you may have another problem contributing to that. I say this never having run into it myself, even recently having bought 40 or so cars all at once.

I'm surprised Kaido was ever cut from FM5. Didn't Dan say they cut content that wasn't a high enough grade?

Considering Kaido and Amalfi were built for FM3/4, they shouldn't have needed a huge tune up. Would love to see those tracks return again.

Fox Mulder

There was some endurance series events in previous games too before being removed entirely.

I still expect everything else to be 2-3 lap events with no option to choose more laps. Thats what i really want, let me choose the length like Pcars does with a simple slider.

shinnn

I'm surprised Kaido was ever cut from FM5. Didn't Dan say they cut content that wasn't a high enough grade?

Considering Kaido and Amalfi were built for FM3/4, they shouldn't have needed a huge tune up. Would love to see those tracks return again.
I guess long tracks are more difficult to optimize. That's why nurburgring launched later.

There was some endurance series events in previous games too before being removed entirely.

I still expect everything else to be 2-3 lap events with no option to choose more laps. Thats what i really want, let me choose the length like Pcars does with a simple slider.

They chould use the "mods" thing to bring an option "Longer race" or something like that.

It's similar, but there's two shops; buy from the main menu and you're fine. Buy from the championship menu and the cars get a filthy auto-tuning to make them "competitive". This is an aspect I wish Turn 10 would improve upon. Forza 1 had a good shop. I've not played the 360 ones.

And that crashing you're talking about seems weird. I'd look into a reinstall or something. Absolutely no (software) crashes here.... Or actually, I think I've had one online or something. But I've glitched through the map and not had the game give a shit.

Dice

The process isn't as streamlined as I'd like for bulk car-buying, but if your Horizon 2 is having software crashes, then it sounds like you may have another problem contributing to that. I say this never having run into it myself, even recently having bought 40 or so cars all at once.
Another thing aside from the common crashing with car-loading (which, if it is only on my xbox, is severely annoying as "same experience for all" is supposed to be a big console bulletpoint) is how you can "try on" new skins and spin the car around before applying it when you are purchasing a new car, but when browsing skins from your garage you can only just add it straight out and then either go to parts adjustment in the customize wing view to see it or leave the garage. It really doesn't seem well thought-out, so hopefully Forza 6 handles it better.

It's similar, but there's two shops; buy from the main menu and you're fine. Buy from the championship menu and the cars get a filthy auto-tuning to make them "competitive". This is an aspect I wish Turn 10 would improve upon. Forza 1 had a good shop. I've not played the 360 ones.
I'm a bit torn about that. Custom tuning is definitely waaay better, but sometimes I'd just like to go with the flow of championships rather than preparing first, but pick up a new one while not getting suck with something only 2 points into its class. Since I would only ever go into preparing beforehand rather than racing a handicap car, I don't miss much in the lack of an option there. However, on principle I think there should be the option for those who don't want the autotune.

And that crashing you're talking about seems weird. I'd look into a reinstall or something. Absolutely no (software) crashes here.... Or actually, I think I've had one online or something. But I've glitched through the map and not had the game give a shit.
A few games were crashing until I did the "full power down" restart on my Xbox, and now Forza is the only one, so yeah maybe the install from those early on conditions was messed up or something. It's just weird since MCC runs fine now and it installed back then.

Edit: Okay I reinstalled it and the 13 free car packs I had... then clicked on the game and it said it needs an update.. d'oh! I thought it would do that on it's own when I said to install the game. Hopefully installing the DLC first didn't mess up something up, but I'd assume DLC just tosses files into a DLC folder that the game checks when it wants to uses content marked with a DLC flag... right?

FordGTGuy

Banned
Nurburgring wasn't "optimized", it was recaptured and remade from scratch.

It wasn't recaptured, it was never captured before but made from reference material.

The laser-scanned version of Nurburgring in Forza 5 is the first laser-scanned version of the track in existence.

Dice

I got all the cars I really wanted, I was at 190 cars, and money comes in so fast now, so I did start my Rabbit GTI army to reach 300 cars in my garage. I'm at 250 now. Thankfully the store starts on a retro hot hatch, so you can just sort to championship and then move over 3 spaces for quick successive buying. I think I'll finish this as a project then start easing off big time.

I've been going hard on Horizon 2 and I'm getting tired of basically all the open world stuff. "Cross country" races no matter what type of car, random traffic in races fucking up the flow of the race and high performance turns, day/night cycle with everyone being shitty drivers that turn on headlights too late and turn them off too early, clutter all around instead of cleanly defined tracks, etc. I'm just so ready for real racing with Forza 6, you know?

Grassy

So there's four tracks left to be announced?

My (hopeful)guess:

Maple Valley
Suzuka
Fujimi Kaido
Positano

That still leaves Motegi, Tsukuba, Infineon, Camino Viejo, Hockenheim, Iberian, Ladera, Mugello, Sedona, Sunset Peninsula and Mugello out of the equation though. I wonder if we'll see any of these in Forza 6's lifetime?

willbsn13

So there's four tracks left to be announced?

My (hopeful)guess:

Maple Valley
Suzuka
Fujimi Kaido
Positano

That still leaves Motegi, Tsukuba, Infineon, Camino Viejo, Hockenheim, Iberian, Ladera, Mugello, Sedona, Sunset Peninsula and Mugello out of the equation though. I wonder if we'll see any of these in Forza 6's lifetime?

I would kill for those to be the last four tracks in FM6. It would be amazing. However theres no way it will be all those four. Fujimi and Postiano (if your talking about the full version) would take a lot of time to rebuild and we saw how long it took them to get a scanned version of the ring in FM5.

My Predictions are:
Hockenheimring - Would be a great reveal at gamescom considering its in germany
Monza - leaked multiple times that they've scanned it just like lime rock was, so this is almost a given
Pacific Raceways - like Monza, also rumored to be scanned. Would be suprised to not see it in.
Fujimi Kaido - People have been begging for it from all corners of the internet and would also get the ribbon count to over 100 which T10 have confirmed. If not, it'll probably be DLC. If it isn't in by the end of FM6, people will riot ;)

That leaves tracks like Maple, Sonoma, Mugello, Suzuka, Tsukuba and COTA for a track pack or free track DLC like in FM5.

Mascot

You forgot Mugello.

saladine1

BADNED, I thought I'll be getting served soon?

It seems Turn 10 have announced all Ford cars in the game and yet, no Australian vehicles are in the list...

B, you make me confusion and sadness....

AP2C3X0.gif

willbsn13

It seems Turn 10 have announced all Ford cars in the game and yet, no Australian vehicles are in the list...

AP2C3X0.gif

What is more confusing is that Dan confirmed updated V8 Supercars yet there is no new Falcon? Also the XB Falcon from FM5 isn't returning? Much confusion

FordGTGuy

Banned

AP2C3X0.gif

I highly doubt that is all the Fords and I don't think they said that either.

Top Bottom