• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming memorabilia. What's in your collection?

My favourites among my game memorabilia:
I have some stickers from Captain N: Game Master cartoon from late 80s/early 90s - don't know where I got them (in a cereal box, maybe?). Stickers are of characters like Mother Brain, Eggplant Wizard and that cartoon's take on Simon Belmont. Hilarious.

Bought this years ago with my N64. Doubt it's worth anything:
107n8gl.jpg

Got this when I worked at GameStop. It was supposed to be for a friend, but he already got one:
2wgc483.jpg

A friend traded me this and some other stuff for my old PC:
n1ukhu.jpg

I have a poster of Mai from KOF that FALCOON signed at E3 years ago, but I took that picture with my crappy digital camera.

Gameboy415

I have TONS of Game-related toys, action figures, comics, cards, POGs, stuffed animals, and various other promo items in boxes back home in the States.

Someday I'm finally going to buy a house and take pictures of everything! Someday...

Anyway, here's a couple of my pick-ups here in Japan:

Various Nintendo things:
CIMG3581.jpg

Japanese Starfy Collection (I later picked up the guide for Starfy 4):
Stafy.jpg

GIANT Mr. Saturn:
0906MrSaturn1.jpg

IrishNinja

oh man, i love this thread. that green luigi GC controller is crazy awesome, when i looked it up.

MortalMonkey said:

gorgeous.

Whimsical Phil said:
Here are a couple of my favorite gaming goodies:

nr4kb6

nem57k

UmJammer Lammy guitar.

n9l6s4

Katamari Damacy signed and drawn on by Keita Takahashi.

never knew that guitar existed, so awesome! and that autographed katamari.../swoon

Gameboy415 said:
GIANT Mr. Saturn:
0906MrSaturn1.jpg

/mindblown. did anyone else know this existed? props on mr resetti, by the way.

ive got a bunch of artbooks and figures, one of my personal highlights is the PS1 Wu-Tang controller, heh. ill put up pics of what ive got later, but yeah, great thread.

vireland

Thought I'd put this one up as well. This is my personal EGB Assassin's case. The core employees at the time got one, and I kept one for myself. Only the internal ones came with the EGB autographed phone card, that wasn't included with the ones we sent out as prizes. You can see it in the front of the opened case.

Also, some sites that talk about this item are amazed at the "paint job" we did on the gun. It's not gold paint. It's vacuum metallized, where metal particles are "stuck" to the plastic in a chemical process. You can't get a shiny metal finish like this with paint. It's the same process where plastic parts you use (faucet handles, etc) are made to look like metal.

egb_case1.jpg

egb_case2.jpg

I sent a couple of these to Game Arts in Japan as gifts at the time. I neglected to tell them they were incoming. When the cases arrived, Game Arts staff were afraid to open them because they thought it was some kind of Yakuza thing. Very funny story.

IrishNinja

vireland said:
I sent a couple of these to Game Arts in Japan as gifts at the time. I neglected to tell them they were incoming. When the cases arrived, Game Arts staff were afraid to open them because they thought it was some kind of Yakuza thing. Very funny story.

:lol :lol awesome.

These aren't so special except for being fairly limited in production:
IMG_0923.jpg

^ Two of the Club Nintendo DS game racks (housing only some of the DS collection)
IMG_1292.jpg

^ The Club Nintendo notebooks (they are A5 sized)

IMG_0925.jpg

^ The Tiltyu "Fire Emblem Exceed A Generation Trading Figures". I only ordered one and got the exact character I wanted. Typical trading figure stuff (and quality I guess, mould lines and I've heared reports others had of body parts breaking off, figures unable to stand up etc). Normally this character has a cape as well but I couldn't manage to get it to fit so left it without. They are out of production now and the value seems to be all over the place (I've heared reports from Japan that they sell for arround 2000¥ yet a quick search finds $10-$15 to be the price obtainable in America).

I also have a number of odd videogame controllers (including the Matcatz Retrocon and that weird PS1 power glove thing) but the amount of dust on them is of epic proportions.

Oh god lol. Way too much hassle to take a pic of my all MGS stuff, so here's something I don't think more than 5 people on GAF may have.

watch.jpg

Just some stuff I posted before:

snakeold.jpg

1.jpg

completemgs.jpg

And.. I guess this isn't gaming, but my worryingly large collection of Yoko figures :lol
yokoarmy.jpg

AniHawk

I have a bunch of free stuff like art cels and t-shirts and the like. The one that I actually use all the time is the Mirror's Edge bag. I had just gotten my first laptop, and it was the perfect thing to carry it around in. I actually see several of them around on campus, too.

Probably the coolest thing I have is Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater signed by Shinkawa and Kojima.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also have one of these:

2wgc483.jpg

but it's slowly falling apart. It wasn't in top shape when it finally made it out of the store. I have a much smaller Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance standee that holds my copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. It was going to get thrown out because the Nintendo rep set it up and not an employee so I kept it.

I've got 2 CDI Zelda games and a bunch of those nintendo lcd game and watch things. Can't take any pictures because all that stuff is at my parents house.

AniHawk said:
I have a bunch of free stuff like art cels and t-shirts and the like. The one that I actually use all the time is the Mirror's Edge bag. I had just gotten my first laptop, and it was the perfect thing to carry it around in. I actually see several of them around on campus, too.

Probably the coolest thing I have is Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater signed by Shinkawa and Kojima.

Haha Yeah. Same here, got MGS 3 and an MGS4 sleeve signed by him. Plus Mario Sunshine and World signed by Miyamoto.

Alpha_eX

Don't have anything super rare, just a bunch of random bits.

pikmin_1.jpg

pikmin_3.jpg

pikmin_7.jpg

I actually have more Pikmin than in that shot, I have twice as many.

Also have this,

misc_zeldagw.jpg

I've had this for a while(I also have a small Pikmin counter standee which is signed by Miyamoto & Tekuza(not sure of the spelling) but its in storage at the mo so no pic's.

Linkstandee.jpg

lherre

Accurate
I have a lot of rare things, I can't put all the things here :lol, I put some of the rarest now

Ps3 test and X360 devkit (yes the x360 isn't a retail one, you can see the "hole" in the upper case). I have a ps2 test too

ps3_test.jpg

SOTC Limited Edition (very rare)

imagen728hd.jpg

imagen716us.jpg

Neogeo in white box (early models)

neo1bn7.jpg

Xbox panzer dragon limited edition model (unopened)

dsc01952li8.jpg

Is the same than this

panzergi6.jpg

Konami style psp (limited to 1000 units or less if I remember correctly), I have the FF7 CC bundle too (model 56XXX, don't remember exactly)

28082007002.jpg

GT4 and 5 presskits (the GT5P is signed by Kazunori Yamauchi)

dsc00109bf5.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

Well this is a few things I have here, I have ps2 automobile models, a lot game limited editions, FF7 Advent Pieces complete, presskits, famicom mini complete, etc,e tc, If you want to see something in particular ask me.

lherre said:
I have a lot of rare things, I can't put all the things here :lol, I put some of the rarest now

Ps3 test and X360 devkit (yes the x360 isn't a retail one, you can see the "hole" in the upper case). I have a ps2 test too

To clarify, that's not a 360 test kit, those are known as demo units. They are used for trade shows and look like retail kits but play burned software and can attach to PartnerNet. You can attach VS to it unlike the White Test kits but it won't do DVD emulation like the Black Dev kits and the White test kits.

Here is a picture of a 360 dev kit:

xbox360_dev_kit_1.jpg

Btw, love the Orta white Xbox. Those things are pretty are and oh so pretty.

vireland said:

absolutely amazing :lol

lherre

Accurate
OldJadedGamer said:
To clarify, that's not a 360 test kit, those are known as demo units. They are used for trade shows and look like retail kits but play burned software and can attach to PartnerNet. You can attach VS to it unlike the White Test kits but it won't do DVD emulation like the Black Dev kits and the White test kits.

Here is a picture of a 360 dev kit:

Btw, love the Orta white Xbox. Those things are pretty are and oh so pretty.

Mine is a fully devkit, not a demo-test-unit.

Demo units and test units hasn't kernel debug connector, you can ask anyone you want to clarify this (is in the hole that I say).

The colour of the case not say anything. You can check assembler-games forums to check this.

Besides in the label of my dev put "prototype" instead "development" unit. But as I say is afully development unit. You can do anything you want with the xdk.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
lherre said:

God I want that Blue Dragon Faceplate. One of my favorite 360 games, and unlike most of the faceplates out there it doesn't look downright awful.

lherre said:
Mine is a fully devkit, not a demo-test-unit.

Demo units and test units hasn't kernel debug connector, you can ask anyone you want to clarify this (is in the hole that I say).

The colour of the case not say anything. You can check assembler-games forums to check this.

Besides in the label of my dev put "prototype" instead "development" unit. But as I say is afully development unit. You can do anything you want with the xdk.

Ah, I see it's a prototype dev kit. Yes, those are what they looked like before the official black dev kits with the top hats went out. Those retail looking ones are are now demo kits. It's even rarer to have a prototype so good find.

2DMention

Banned
Nothing special.
An incomplete set of Metal Gear Solid figures
Pre-order bonuses of the last year or two.
Slime DSi Speakers
PS2 Slime controller boxed and NIB.
BeanBag Mario during the N64 days

For someone like myself who's been into gaming for nearly 30 years, I'm embarrasingly short on memoribilia.

default1.jpg

My holy grails: Autographed Metal Gear Solid (PS1) by Hideo Kojima & Yoji Shinkawa -
Shenmue (DC) by Yu Suzuki - Akumajō Dracula X: Gekka no Yasōkyoku (PS1) by Koji Igarashi - Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) by David Hayter - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES) by Shigeru Miyamoto - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) by Shigeru Miyamoto

zelda.jpg

Another shot of my signed Ocarina of Time from E3 2002

LanceBarr0001.jpg

Meeting Nintendo's Industrial Product Designer: Lance Barr @ E3 2003

3375408280_d0130a7ae3.jpg

TRON - 20th Anniversary DVD - signed by the cast & crew from a Q&A screening in Santa Monica, CA in 2007

3257610990_8af6b3892b_m.jpg

My favorite set: 2 of the signed Miyamoto games and a personal photo of Miyamoto's mentor Gunpei Yokoi

3256771953_36d21ee4d3.jpg

A copy of E3 Daily 1995 signed by Nintendo's former President Minoru Arakawa & the late Gunpei Yokoi

3417978616_f25469047d.jpg

A signed Cammy Dunaway Nintendo Wii from a DSi Launch event ^_^

3442570273_0da877b278.jpg

Nintendo World Championship 1990 memorbilia w/ The Wizard limited edition Pocket Power(s)

3259227640_42e42e06fd.jpg

Signed "Super Donkey Kong" Japanese soundtrack CD by the guys from RARE and former Nintendo Product coordinator Ken Lobb

LiK

a lot of hot shit in here. dunno if i wanna post since i got sooooo much stuff. people will think i'm weird ;)

The Little Big Planet sign my girlfriend spotted by her work

025.jpg

This I was told to throw out which would have been sacriligous. I just sold it for $175 which may have been too cheap. This was straight from the Disney studio so it's legit. I really like that it has a working title.

010-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

014.jpg

015-1.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018-1.jpg

019-2.jpg

019-2.jpg

021-1.jpg

022.jpg

023-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

KaYotiX

Banned
LiK said:
a lot of hot shit in here. dunno if i wanna post since i got sooooo much stuff. people will think i'm weird ;)

Its a gaming forum....no one will think that. Besides, ever see the stuff in the monthy pick up threads?? Go nuts man!!!!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
That's about the only thing I got from publishers that I put on display in my main room, it doesn't look too gamey so people just see a cool looking painting and not some game stuff. I really like it a lot.
pop.jpg

Bad picture though, sorry.

Moop2000, that Kingdom Hearts book is amazing. Though I'm curious as to how they managed to misspell "Minnie" so badly in her header (yet it's spelt correctly everywhere else).

I'll have to post pictures another time, but here's a list of things I'm particularly proud of:

Animal Crossing (Gamecube) signed by Shigeru Miyamoto at a Virgin Megastore in London quite a few years back.

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past (GBA) signed by Shigeru Miyamoto. Same event, but in addition to getting one item signed, these were given to the first 15 people in line. I was #15. There were at least 1000 people in line by the end.

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (Gamecube) signed by Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa at a HMV in London a few years ago.

Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, and It's Mr. Pants all signed by corresponding people at Rare who worked on them, consisting of Gregg Mayles, Grant Kirkhope, Leigh Loveday, Steve Malpass, Ryan Stevenson, Ed Bryan, and two other people whose signatures I can't quite make out. I was chatting via e-mail to Leigh Loveday (writer for Rareware.co.uk and script-writer for Nuts & Bolts), and I asked if I could get some stuff signed. Grant Kirkhope had left by that time, but I managed to track him down and asked if he could sign them too.

A limited edition copy of a Mario poster drawn and signed by Miyamoto (got it from Nintendo.co.uk's star catalogue years ago).

A Virtual Boy with it's box (the box is tattered, but the system itself is near mint).

Duo014 said:
IMG_1181.jpg

If you want to see more look at my photobucket.
fortunate i have quit collecting many things, and i'm concentrating more on my social life and travelling. Instead of having something materialistic.

I see that your copy of Majora's Mask is signed by Miyamoto. Did you, by any chance, go to the Miyamoto signing in London a few years back as well?

Ben2749 said:
Moop2000, that Kingdom Hearts book is amazing. Though I'm curious as to how they managed to misspell "Minnie" so badly in her header (yet it's spelt correctly everywhere else).

I'm gonna assume that it was screwed up in translation. but yeah I could not believe they wanted it thrown out.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
2a4w9oz.jpg

Lovely GoW canvas.

5e771w.jpg

Heh. More recent, but yeah will most likely become a collectible.

Super Mario Bros. 2 cup!
RandomStuff2.jpg

Raccoon Tail Mario!
RandomStuff3.jpg

Press him down and a few seconds later he pops up into the air!

Also. an awesome pair of posters a buddy of mine got at a conference.
Posters3.jpg

<3 Demon's Souls.

I have one of these, its in fact the only video game related collectible I own:

NOTE: The pic here is not mine... I just grabbed an image from the web:
MVC-029S-2.jpg

Top Bottom