• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we seeing more of DQ at TGS? I would've thought it was too soon. I mean, the reveal was barely a few weeks ago--what's changed between then and now that they need to show us?

What happened a few weeks ago will be two months when TGS comes. Enough time to show something new, it's like E3 before Gamescom.

wmlk

Are we seeing more of DQ at TGS? I would've thought it was too soon. I mean, the reveal was barely a few weeks ago--what's changed between then and now that they need to show us?

Hmm, well, with it coming out relatively soon I at least expect something to be shown. Or maybe they'll show Heroes 2 and Builders instead.

Rymuth

We saw more of Dark Souls 3 at Gamescom than what we've seen at the E3 reveal.

It's entirely possible we might just get a CGI trailer for DQXI to showcase the story and characters (no gameplay)

Some Nobody

We saw more of Dark Souls 3 at Gamescom than what we've seen at the E3 reveal.

It's entirely possible we might just get a CGI trailer for DQXI to showcase the story and characters (no gameplay)

True, but S-E has the position of actually having too many games they need to show off. Star Ocean needs to make an appearance in JP, if FF XII HD is a thing that needs to happen, Project Setsuna seems like it'd get revealed there, SaGa has to make a proper appearance, and then there's evidence Seiken Densetsu is a thing.

Yes, it's possible we'll see DQ XI there, but if we didn't you'd only miss it if you were a DQ major fan.

duckroll

There might be a proper trailer for DQXI at TGS, but that's about the extent of it I think. I'm actually more curious as to whether Dragon Quest Builders will be playable at TGS. Definitely want hands-on impressions for that.

marcincz

I hope we'll see any news for localization of Yakuza 0 and 5 in English. Release dates would be nice, too.
Besides I would like to see something new and unexpected from Sony Japan and new Nintendo console.

stryke

I hope we'll see any news for localization of Yakuza 0 and 5 in English. Release dates would be nice, too.
Besides I would like to see something new and unexpected from Sony Japan and new Nintendo console.

I wouldn't hope for anything like that. TGS is still very Japanese centric and any announcements made are usually not immediately relevant internationally.

MrJTeera

Any TGS veteren here? I'll be vacationing in Tokyo around that time and plan to attend this. Any tips I should know about?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I expect Final Fantasy 7 Remake information.

I also expect Gravity Rush announcements sometime before the end of the year, but i dont know if at TGS or not. Level 5 as well..

le.phat

I don't think people really understand Monster Hunter when they keep saying it can push home console sales.

I've played monster hunter since the second one, all the way to 4. And i'm certain that it can push consoles if on PS4. PS4's community-driven online focus is perfect for the fame; streaming, party-chats, capturin and sharing awesome moments during gameplay; it's in line with everything that makes Monster hunter a succes nowadays.

FluxWaveZ

EO and Persona are radically different games in different genres, I don't think it'd be a problem to have both at TGS (unlike Persona and some SMT spinoff fof example).

I don't think the genre or type of game is the issue; I think it's the fact that it's Persona 5.

That and, just like pretty much every year, Atlus won't have their own booth at TGS and their presence at the show is usually limited, so it comes to a select few games they choose to showcase.

RyoonZ

Banned
B-b-b-but that stage opening setup that they had last year!? Who'll be No.0 this year if not DQXI? /jk

zMLsSbd.jpg

AerialAir

Banned

Yakuza 0 will never be localized. A shame, I'll have to import it an rely on the internet for a translation.

salromano

Some Square predictions

Square Enix:
Final Fantasy XV (new trailer/only mention 2016 release)
Star Ocean 5 (gameplay blowout)
Nier 2 (short "pre-alpha" gameplay + trailer)
SaGa 2015 (character introductions + official title)
Project Setsuna (more info, stay tuned)
Final Fantasy VIIR ("please be excited")
Dragon Quest XI (recycled footage + new info)
Kingdom Hearts III (a mention at least)
New game (PS4 + handheld)
The Last Remnant (PS3 port lel)

I haven't picked up a Famitsu in ages, but I remember this always used to be pretty high up in the top 30 most anticipated list.

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is already confirmed to be there. With Dragon Quest Builders due out this winter, I'd imagine that'll be there, too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Some Square predictions

Square Enix:
Star Ocean 5 (gameplay blowout)
Nier 2 (short "pre-alpha" gameplay + trailer)
SaGa 2015 (character introductions + official title)
Project Setsuna (more info, stay tuned)
Final Fantasy VIIR ("please be excited")
Dragon Quest XI (recycled footage + new info)
Kingdom Hearts III (a mention at least)
New game (PS4 + handheld)
The Last Remnant (PS3 port lel)

I will add one more thing to the list: 1-3 Dissidia character reveal(s). They are definitely overdue for any Dissidia announcements since it has been like nearly 3 months ago. I believe that their goal to release Arcade version somewhen in Fall 2015.

BumRush

I will add one more thing to the list: 1-3 Dissidia character reveal(s). They are definitely overdue for any Dissidia announcements since it has been like nearly 3 months ago. I believe that their goal to release Arcade version somewhen in Fall 2015.

I agree, I think it will show.

It's amazing how much SE has on their plates all of a sudden. Even without them announcing a single new game, it's going to be an amazing TGS (and I expect them to announce SOMETHING new --- FF12HD, etc.)

Zaki2407

Any TGS veteren here? I'll be vacationing in Tokyo around that time and plan to attend this. Any tips I should know about?
I went to TGS way back in 2004, 2005 and 2006 when I still studying for my Master Degree in Tokyo. Here are some of my advice:
1. Came as early as you can. The line to enter the hall will be quite long.
2. Bring some snacks and water. The food in there are quite expensive.
3. Wear a VERY comfortable shoes
4. Study the layout of the booth and plan which booth/game you want to see.
5. Enjoy the show ^_^

Asd202

Some Square predictions

Square Enix:

About that. SE planned to show the "Dawn" trailer again at PAX and TGS with a short new clip like the one with Malboro. After the backlash they may show something bigger but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Elios83

CGI DQXI trailer at TGS.
First in-game/gameplay trailer at Jump Festa.

They premiered the game using early gameplay footage, no sense to go back to CG.
Imo there will be a brand new DQXI trailer at the Sony conference showing battles and other aspects of the game.

What kind of massive games actually get announced at tgs? Tlg was e3, level 5 jrpg seems like an e3 thing. Maybe I'm forgetting some precedent here. Not trying to be negative btw.

Wiggy

What kind of massive games actually get announced at tgs? Tlg was e3, level 5 jrpg seems like an e3 thing. Maybe I'm forgetting some precedent here. Not trying to be negative btw.

Erm last year DQH got announced, Everybody's Golf too. Resident Evil Relations 2 as well i think. Gravity Rush 2 sorta got announced a few years back.

dunno you if you'd call them all massive though

Nimby

Banned
About that. SE planned to show the "Dawn" trailer again at PAX and TGS with a short new clip like the one with Malboro. After the backlash they may show something bigger but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I'm not really getting my hopes up :p

I just thought that sounded realistic.

Its amazing that they thought that. Compare the content of the Dawn trailer to the stuff that Nomura produced. The individual scenes were decently done, but that trailer was 30 seconds worth of footage stretched to three minutes. The fact that Tabata thought it introduced the story is pretty hard to believe. Is he that out of touch? He seemed pretty savy in the beginning at least.

wmlk

Its amazing that they thought that. Compare the content of the Dawn trailer to the stuff that Nomura produced. The individual scenes were decently done, but that trailer was 30 seconds worth of footage stretched to three minutes. The fact that Tabata thought it introduced the story is pretty hard to believe. Is he that out of touch? He seemed pretty savy in the beginning at least.

I blame it on the marketing team, tbh. They're the ones who've got the roadmap all setup.

ATRs should serve as a foundation for serving important information and also addressing concerns. The Gamescom ATR didn't say anything important and just made people more concerned lol. A far cry from the first three ATRs, all of which were fantastic.

I blame it on the marketing team, tbh. They're the ones who've got the roadmap all setup.

ATRs should serve as a foundation for serving important information and also addressing concerns. The Gamescom ATR didn't say anything important and just made people more concerned lol. A far cry from the first three ATRs, all of which were fantastic.

Agreed. The first three made me feel like they were really on the ball, but Gamescom was a real trainwreck. Made me feel far more cautious about the project. Don't get me wrong, I still think it has the potential to be a real epic spectacle, but that was atrocious. Anyone with half a braind could have predicted the reaction coming to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom