• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexa

For Sony's TGS I'm thinking

Freedom Wars 2 for PS4/Vita
God Eater 3 for PS4/Vita
Yakuza 6 for PS4/PS3
New Hatsune Miku for PS4/Vita
Valkyria Chronicles IV for PS4/Vita (SEGA's major console game announcement)
Possibly Ni No Kuni 2 but this might be announced at a Western show given the popularity over here
Gravity Daze 2 for PS4 but I think this will also be at a Western show
And new trailers for DQXI, DQB, DQHII, Persona 5, Hot Shots Gold PS4, Ys 8

And my "out there" predictions would be

Final Fantasy X-3
Monster Hunter Musou
Resident Evil 7

Both God Eater and Freedom Wars are made by the same dev, who are also working on God Eater: Resurrection, which releases this holiday, so I doubt they'll have GE3 and FW2.
The Yakuza team has been confirmed to be working on a non Yakuza game, so probably no Yakuza 6. This is also predicted to be SEGA's major console game.

Both God Eater and Freedom Wars are made by the same dev, who are also working on God Eater: Resurrection, which releases this holiday, so I doubt they'll have GE3 and FW2.
The Yakuza team has been confirmed to be working on a non Yakuza game, so probably no Yakuza 6. This is also predicted to be SEGA's major console game.

Even though Shift was in charge of the creative for Freedom Wars, the coding/programming was done by Dimps.

So technically, FW2 could happen, if the game's actually being built by another dev, just like FW.

I see many ask why we think DMC5 will be announced, well, I can't speak for everyone but I personally think there are just too many signs pointing at it.

- The fact that they bothered to release DMC4SE after 7 years and after a reboot. (not to mention the new story materials in there)
- That "see you next Devil May Cry" teaser that you get after beating the game.
- Vergil's ending being him practically teasing his return
"Soon they shall know this Devil's power."
- Capcom hiring entirely new Japanese cast for DMC4SE and dubbing the whole game in Japanese for the first time in the history of series. This is a pretty big sign for DMC5, IMO.
- Capcom pushing original series everywhere. From a mobile zombie app thingy to cross promotion with Sengoku Basara and even making special drinks for DMC characters. Hell, they are even making a DMCxBASARA play.
- Itsuno avoiding DMC5 questions and just laughing instead of saying that he wants to make it (like he said a couple of times in the past)
- And last but definitely not the least, Verendus confirming that a mainline DMC is in fact in the works.

So considering everything, I think DMC5 has a good chance of being announced at TGS this year.

Do people actually believe that? So you think Capcom is gonna sit and do absolutely nothing for months or even a year, so they can see which remaster sells better? That's nuts.

Itsuno himself confirmed that future of the series isn't tied to DMC4SE sells so people should really stop acting like it is.

There is also the fact that 4SE was outsourced with Itsuno helming it and the artbook for DMC3142 being released a few days after TGS...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
in the order of my personal priority

1) Everybody's golf gameplay demo and 1H16 global release date announcement
2) GT7 realtime demo, 2016 release date ballpark

AmyS

I see not a single person is even hoping for Ridge Racer.

Can we have Ridge Racer 8, or perhaps even a sequel to Rage Racer (the best RR on PSX IMO) ? Use Unreal Engine 4, like Tekken 7 is. Focus on making the best looking arcade racer ever. Lose the nitrous for most of the game modes. Modernize the drift handling. Lots of new tracks. The best classic tracks get a current-gen facelift.

New Ridge Racer: Greatness Awaits

This is so not happening

GnawtyDog

Banned
I see not a single person is even hoping for Ridge Racer.

Can we have Ridge Racer 8, or perhaps even a sequel to Rage Racer (the best RR on PSX IMO) ? Use Unreal Engine 4, like Tekken 7 is. Focus on making the best looking arcade racer ever. Lose the nitrous for most of the game modes. Modernize the drift handling. Lots of new tracks. The best classic tracks get a current-gen facelift.

New Ridge Racer: Greatness Awaits

This is so not happening

On Morpheus perhaps.

Wiggy

Well they can't get any worse, can they?
Almost Two years in and all they have are knacks and that video of Mingol

haha true, but that's still more than a lot of sonys 1st party studios lol.

But seriously though, I'm sensing a comeback this gen after a disappointing ps3

AmuroChan

Japan Studio was also involved with a bunch of incubation and co-development projects the last few years. Freedom Wars, Oreshika, Destiny of Spirits, Bloodborne, Soul Sacrifice Delta, The Tomorrow Children, to name a few.

haha true, but that's still more than a lot of sonys 1st party studios lol.

But seriously though, I'm sensing a comeback this gen after a disappointing ps3

Puppeteer and Tokyo Jungle were both hidden gems on the PS3 that many people didn't know about.

There is also the fact that 4SE was outsourced with Itsuno helming it and the artbook for DMC3142 being released a few days after TGS...

Yep, those two as well.

I actually find the artbook situation to be pretty interesting. Wasn't it supposed to come out this summer before it conveniently got delayed to be released after TGS?

Japan Studio was also involved with a bunch of incubation and co-development projects the last few years. Freedom Wars, Oreshika, Destiny of Spirits, Bloodborne, Soul Sacrifice Delta, The Tomorrow Children, to name a few.

Puppeteer and Tokyo Jungle were both hidden gems on the PS3 that many people didn't know about.
meh, I love SCEJ, but Puppeteer and Rain neither were "gems"

Decent average games with unique art styles.

Tokyo Jungle is a gem, and also Folklore.

The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
AAA JRPG mentioned by Verendus that will be revealed this year

With their new CEO Allan Becker, i also think that Studio Japan is getting in shape this gen & could become of the top tier studios

Soriku

The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
AAA JRPG mentioned by Verendus that will be revealed this year

With their new CEO Allan Becker, i also think that Studio Japan is getting in shape this gen & could become of the top tier studios

Can I have a link to his post about the JRPG?

Can I have a link to his post about the JRPG?

there are several posts - but this was the first time he mentioned it

'Unannounced JRPG 2' will be SCE's second attempt at a big game emulating FF. If this comes to fruition, and is successful, then there is a franchise opportunity which can be exploited. Probably the most experimental project as if it bombs, then they'll never touch anything like it again. I don't think it will though. With the advent of FF15, KH3, and the announcement of FF16 sometime between 2014-2015, Japan gamers will be ready for this. The big question mark is whether they can translate some of that success to the West which will obviously be an aim.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65162306&postcount=335

EDIT: My Bad. He didn't say that Sony Japan RPG will be revelead this year. Actually he said, it is such a big project, that it will be announced at an E3 show ---> so probably E3 2016

klee123

I'm really curious with what SCEJ will be announcing next month.

I'm almost 100% positive one of level 5's ps4 games is the AAA sceja jrpg

Yeah, definitely.

Hate to say it, but unless someone else is footing the bill, I doubt Level 5 would bother with making a HD JRPG with their own funds when they have their massive cash cow called Yokai Watch.

If Gravity Rush is not shown I may have a mental breakdown.

PS. Is it weird to want to see a trailer for Persona that shows an early Social Link? Lol, I am really intrigued how the daily stuff will look.

Hate to say it, but unless someone else is footing the bill, I doubt Level 5 would bother with making a HD JRPG with their own funds when they have their massive cash cow called Yokai Watch.

I'm sure they're putting some money into ni no kuni 2 :)

that would mean Level 5 is currently working on 2 Sony exlusives - since verendus said in 2013 that there is a 3rd Party exclusive by Level 5

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=153690266#post153690266

Griss

If we don't see Everybody's Golf I'm gonna be seriously upset. It's been a year since announce with no word whatsoever. It's one of my 'holy trinity' PS games, so my PS4 won't be complete until it comes out.

If we don't see Everybody's Golf I'm gonna be seriously upset. It's been a year since announce with no word whatsoever. It's one of my 'holy trinity' PS games, so my PS4 won't be complete until it comes out.

It was "announced" with basically them saying "more info in 2015."

IMO, it was a premature announcement just so that Sony 1st-party doesn't go a TGS without some sort of Japan-focused announcement, even if it wasn't ready for it.

2013 had the premature reveal of "Project Gravity", which hasn't even been officially announced. 2014 had Everybody's Golf.

I expect TGS this year to unveil them officially, and hopefully something else that isn't a tease for an actual reveal in 2016.

Shin-chan

Reveals started weeks ago with Attack on Titan, Atlus x Vanillaware, and Tri-Ace Valkyrie Profile spiritual successor. There may be more I'm not remembering.

At TGS, Persona 5 would be one of those "bigger games."

Persona is quite big nowadays and has a strong dedicated fanbase but I'm not sure it has the mainstream appeal of games like Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VIIr and XV or Kingdom Hearts 3. If games as big as those are at TGS, maybe Persona release date could be overshadowed..

Persona is quite big nowadays and has a strong dedicated fanbase but I'm not sure it has the mainstream appeal of games like Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VIIr and XV or Kingdom Hearts 3. If games as big as those are at TGS, maybe Persona release date could be overshadowed..

The big difference is that all of the above has a nebulous, uncertain release timing, whereas Persona 5 is a 2015 title.

You just need to look at last year's SCEJA press conference to get a sense of how "important" Persona 5 was, It was the 2nd last game of the show, just behind DQ Heroes, which, despite it being not a mainline DQ game, was a special moment because it signaled DQ's return to Playstation since... Playstation 2.

A Persona 5 announcement of PV#03, release date + bundle will easily be a strong announcement at TGS, even if bigger games are there at full force.

FluxWaveZ

Literally none of the games you cited are releasing anytime soon.

And Square Enix isn't the be-all and end-all. In a Japanese convention, Persona 5 would be one of the biggest games there regardless of release dates, and that is no question, unlike a more Western focused show like E3.

Shin-chan

All that's been outright confirmed for new TGS reveals is in the OP.

Sorry I was responding to the guy above me saying PSO indicated reveals were starting early.

I'm really looking forward to more P5. If Atlus is ready for an almost simultaneous JP/NA release it would be the best news this whole year. Besides Dragon Quest XI I honestly can't see any RPG being better than this for the next few years.

Shin-chan

PSO is the first game to be revealed with the express purpose of showing more "at TGS", I believe.

Huh, fair enough. Although I believe the Atlus x Vanillaware project said we would see more in September? Couldn't really be anything other than TGS.

Not like it's important, though. I'm just glad there's some exciting titles to look forward to seeing more of.

Chobel

Capcom TGS 2015 lineup (From Gematsu)

• Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airou Village DX (3DS) – Playable
  • Monster Hunter Spirits (Smartphone) – Playable
  • Monster Hunter Stories (3DS) – Stage Event, Live Stream
  • Monster Hunter X (3DS) – Playable, Stage Event, Live Steam
  • Resident Evil 0 (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC) – Playable, Stage Event, Live Steam
  • Street Fighter V (PS4, PC) – Playable, Stage Event, Live Steam
Deep Down is not there. What the hell is happening with the game?

Ryan95

Deep Down is not there. What the hell is happening with the game?

Considering the list contains already announced games, there are 3 alternatives:
-It was canceled
-It will be re-announced
-it will be kept on hiatus, skipping TGS

Scotia

Banned

Everything was Monster Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom