• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Man...they weren't kidding when Sony said they had events lined up the ass. They really didn't need to show off anything on stage at Gamescom after all

delSai

Well it is coming out in Japan this month and they have been running multiple betas.

Oh wow, i must've spend the last few months under a rock without even knowing it.
or i just forgot about the betas and release date
Ignore what i said then :p

FluxWaveZ

*presentation date

I'm guessing this week.

Wait, is there a difference? All of the news sites I've seen have always called it the "SCEJA Press Conference."

Last year's announcement was August 19th for September 1st; so this week would put it in line with that.

salromano

Wait, is there a difference? All of the news sites I've seen have always called it the "SCEJA Press Conference."

Last year's announcement was August 19th for September 1st; so this week would put it in line with that.

The correction was for "release date." :p

Shin-chan

Any chance of Ninja Gaiden 4 making an appearance? Where were the previous games announced?

Despite 3/Razors Edge being shit to flawed the latter still has fantastic combat at its core. I hope Yaiba isn't the end for the series.

Some Nobody

I really, really want to hear about Tales of Berseria. It's been three months, and although it's a 2016 game for sure, I still want to see it.

I have a feeling that the next main Resident evil will be PS4 exclusive. Just a weird feeling, Capcom and Sony have been hand and hand together.

Eolz

Any chance of Ninja Gaiden 4 making an appearance? Where were the previous games announced?

Despite 3/Razors Edge being shit to flawed the latter still has fantastic combat at its core. I hope Yaiba isn't the end for the series.

If it's announced, it'll be at Sony's conference. There's a chance it'll be there (I'm betting on it), since there is still an audience for that, they teased the game years ago, and they're big enough to work on several games at the same time. Would be their first real 8th gen game, so it's taking longer than usual.

Maybe they'll make a new MH for console, aka PS4 and NX.
A Man can dream.

Oh I hope so as well. It's just that if there's one on console that isn't Frontier, it'll either be a spinoff (X continuing on home console for example), or a port (like 3U).
NX has more chances if the rumors about easy ports is true.

I have a feeling that the next main Resident evil will be PS4 exclusive. Just a weird feeling, Capcom and Sony have been hand and hand together.

I don't think so. It's their biggest franchise, and just go wherever the money is (Xbox at the beginning, Nintendo for some stuff, mobile, F2P, etc). There is a big audience for that on Xbox as well.
They're just not like S-E for example, their games appeal to different audiences and SFV is mainly thanks to Sony's help (same for DR3 and MS).

All that stuff is already announced.

Fingers crossed for RE7 and DMC5 announcements.

tumblr_m29uz9WEvN1r99is9.gif

Shin-chan

If it's announced, it'll be at Sony's conference. There's a chance it'll be there (I'm betting on it), since there is still an audience for that, they teased the game years ago, and they're big enough to work on several games at the same time. Would be their first real 8th gen game, so it's taking longer than usual.

I hope so, and the same with DMC5. We need some proper action games on current gen, Bloodborne is all we've got for now and, even though I love it, it doesn't scratch the same itch.

Eolz

I hope so, and the same with DMC5. We need some proper action games on current gen, Bloodborne is all we've got for now and, even though I love it, it doesn't scratch the same itch.

You put Bloodborne in the same genre as DMC/NG? I love the game and it's really faster than DaS, but still...
There's already proper action games on WiiU (8th gen): Bayonetta 2, W101, 7th gen ports of Bayo 1 and NG3RE... :p

autoduelist

yeah, I hope there is another Tokyo Jungle

Tokyo Jungle 2 would make my day.

Tokyo Jungle and/or Tokyo Jungle 2 for Vita would make my month.

Deep Down is not there. What the hell is happening with the game?

Semi-randomized dungeons are reallllly hard to get right, and the more complex the dungeon, the harder to get it right. [That is, it's easier to get done in an ascii roguelike than it is in a fully realized 3d world]. Chalice dungeons in Bloodborne show that [though i can't wait for Bloodborne 2 and i hope they evolve the Chalice further].

Shin-chan

You put Bloodborne in the same genre as DMC/NG? I love the game and it's really faster than DaS, but still...
There's already proper action games on WiiU (8th gen): Bayonetta 2, W101, 7th gen ports of Bayo 1 and NG3RE... :p

Not really, but there's nothing else comparable on PS4 at the moment (except remasters which I do own).

I love W101 and Bayonetta but I've always preferred DMC and NG to those games. I think the combat just feels better to me, although W101 is one of my favourite games ever. I actually got all the bottle caps in it, suffering through those shitty punch out secret missions lol.

Eggbok

I did a little searching, my results:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - TGS 2006 (I think)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2 - TGS 2012
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z - TGS 2012

Its definitely not impossible, they teased a new Ninja Gaiden right before Yaiba was released as well. I remember reading about TN making a PS4 exclusive but I just figure that game is Dissidia now lol. Would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to see a new Ninja Gaiden but they need to keep away from everything they did in NG3/ Razor's Edge.

AmyS

Capcom TGS 2015 lineup

Deep Down is not there. What the hell is happening with the game?

It seems the game's development has been somewhat, off set. As in, Project Offset.

I'll bet money Phanta Rei is a total disaster.

Almost like Intel's Larrabee graphics card initiative. Maybe tho, just as the work on Larrabee went into Intel's Knights series of co-processors (Xeon Phi), maybe parts Capcom's Phanta Rei engine will be salvaged for something else. Or not.

They should switch development over to UE4 so the game will actually be released sometime this century.

Actually, I do agree.

Shin-chan

I did a little searching, my results:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - TGS 2006 (I think)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2 - TGS 2012
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z - TGS 2012

Its definitely not impossible, they teased a new Ninja Gaiden right before Yaiba was released as well. I remember reading about TN making a PS4 exclusive but I just figure that game is Dissidia now lol. Would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to see a new Ninja Gaiden but they need to keep away from everything they did in NG3/ Razor's Edge.

This is making me pretty hopeful really. It feels like they've been quiet enough that it could get announced this year.

I'm just playing through Razors Edge at the moment on Ayanes chapter and while the game does have fairly big balancing issues and the story is even more shit tier than Itagakis games I'm really liking the overall feel of the combat.

Enemies take too long to kill and can be way too defensive blocking far too much, and steel on bone is really OP. im still enjoying it though, although fuck the fights with alchemists that shit is just unbelievably tedious and unfair.

Hope we can get a current gen release of the three games as well.

But those aren't talking about a conference. Shuhei in particular, in that video, was clearly talking about TGS itself, unless this year is an anomaly and the SCEJA conference actually happens alongside TGS directly.

Listen to his entire comment about it. He says that gamescom is next and noted that they'd be there in the form of having games for people to play, but they wouldn't be having a conference. He then states that the conference has been swapped with PGW, which would make TGS their next big show (in his words). What would make it big if they were just going to do the same thing they did at gamescom, which is just have games for people to play?

FluxWaveZ

Listen to his entire comment about it. He says that gamescom is next and noted that they'd be there in the form of having games for people to play, but they wouldn't be having a conference. He then states that the conference has been swapped with PGW, which would make TGS their next big show (in his words). What would make it big if they were just going to do the same thing they did at gamescom, which is just have games for people to play?

I did, but I pretty much zeroed in on the "mid-September" part. I don't doubt that there will be a conference since it'd be insane that there wouldn't be any, but I mean that there hasn't been any confirmation of one yet, either.

Rymuth

Just realized something:

• Devil May Cry's 15th Anniversary is fast approaching
  • DMC 4 SE has a 'See you next DMC' teaser
  • Capcom's doing a Devil May Cry x Sengoku Basara crossover play *LINK*
In addition to the costumes in other games and a few mobile appearances, it would seem like Capcom's ramping up the DMC awareness.

Okay, I think I'm turning into a believer.

I did, but I pretty much zeroed in on the "mid-September" part. I don't doubt that there will be a conference since it'd be insane that there wouldn't be any, but I mean that there hasn't been any confirmation of one yet, either.

Yeah, they haven't specifically said that there will be one. But Yoshida seems to be grouping it and PGW together in that interview, and Kitao also referred to it as their next big show. Having a conference would be the only thing that would make it big in comparison to gamescom.

The date not being announced now isn't really a surprise. Especially since we don't know if they're going to do it really early like they did last year or during the show. Last year they announced the conference date on the August 19th and it took place on September 1st. So they could still do something very similar here.

I'm more excited for their TGS conference than the PGW conference. There's so much potential here. Sega's going to be announcing a new console game there, Vanillaware's game is due to be announced in September and TGS is the obvious spot for that, P5 date, potential new footage of TLG, Bloodborne DLC, first footage of Attack on Titan and DQH2, and then the real possibility of finally seeing Gravity Rush 2. While it's highly unlikely that it or anything else will ever compare to the wow factor of this years E3, I think it has the potential to be one of the best gaming shows in recent memory. Especially if you're a fan of Japanese games.

salromano

In case there are any doubts that there will be an SCEJA Press Conference this year, comments were flowing about whether it'd be happening this year in the Niconico comments of today's SCEJA Indies live stream. Sony responded: "We can't make an announcement that important on a basement broadcast like this." "Please stay tuned." (via Hachima Kikou.)

Only thing I want is for Sega to announce a new Sonic Title for home consoles. It should be their 25th anniversary game they've been working on for a while.

In case there are any doubts that there will be an SCEJA Press Conference this year, comments were flowing about whether it'd be happening this year in the Niconico comments of today's SCEJA Indies live stream. Sony responded: "We can't make an announcement that important on a basement broadcast like this." "Please stay tuned." (via Hachima Kikou.)

Once they finally announce the date we can start to pick up on what's going to happen there by which developers start retweeting it from the PS Japan account. :p

Only thing I want is for Sega to announce a new Sonic Title for home consoles. It should be their 25th anniversary game they've been working on for a while.

Sega said that they're going to announce a new console game at TGS. But I get the impression that it's not a Sonic game. A 25th anniversary Sonic game would most likely get its own conference rather than just be an announcement at a convention. I'm really interested in seeing what they'll do with it since their president talked about trying to regain trust in their fans. Will they continue to cater toward the kid market that they have been doing for so long, or will they make a legitimate attempt to pull back in those Genesis fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom