• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Nobody

Hoping for that Level 5 PS4 game.

I don't see where else it would go, honestly. I'm thinking PGW is going to focus on their Western stuff: a better look at Horizon, probably quite a few third-party games, and maaaaybe GoW4 and whatever Sucker Punch is doing.

I'm actually hyped for L5's title, even though we know absolutely nothing about it, lmao.

Same here. Really hope they partner with Studio Ghibli again. Ni no Kuni had so much charm.

ni-no-kuni-dragon.jpg

ni_no_kuni14.jpg

bursting with charm. was in awe most of the game

DeSolos

FF XV confirmed for TGS?

It's best not to expect much though. At GC they confirmed they'd bring the "Dawn" trailer to both PAX and TGS. Each event will however have new development videos similar in style to the Malboro video. This was stated during the GC ATR. They haven't said if they would make any adjustments to this marketing plan, but at least they have shown that they understand the fan's disappointment with their GC showing.

Chase17

I wonder if KH3 will reveal info at both TGS and the D23 this month. Does anyone have the date for when we might get info this month?

Elios83

Same here. Really hope they partner with Studio Ghibli again. Ni no Kuni had so much charm.

I also hope for an other collaboration with Studio Ghibli, now that they have gone a bit rogue they need this kind of collaborations to stay alive.
But I'd prefer something original and more mature compared to Ni No Kuni.

DeSolos

So the chances are good we will see more Persona 5 right?

I think at this point they have to say something. My guess is they'll tell us they're pushing it to 2016, hopefully it's with a trailer.

I hope there is a nice large gap between it and FFXV. I don't want to be put in the position where I need to choose what to play...

Eolz

A year too soon for DMC5.
If they waited to see the sales of both remakes before making a decision, it was likely still only in pre-production those past months.
Best case scenario, they show a logo and confirm the development, but nothing else.

Why is Persona 5 release date seem to be so plausible to a lot of people ? Atlus never has a strong presence at TGS and it might be overshadowed by bigger games...I won't bet on it.

Why is Persona 5 release date seem to be so plausible to a lot of people ? Atlus never has a strong presence at TGS and it might be overshadowed by bigger games...I won't bet on it.

The PS4 version of Persona 5 was announced at last years show along with the first trailer for the game. Well, the first trailer that actually featured content from the game.

salromano

When is Sony's pre-TGS conference?

It was almost two weeks before the show last year, if I remember correctly. Have they announced a date? Google is turning up nothing but last year's conference...

Quoting my earlier post fer ya.

Usually early September.

Last year's date was confirmed on Aug. 19. Previous year's on August 20. Both were Tuesdays.

Last year's conference was Sept. 1. Previous year's was on Sept. 9. Both were Mondays.

That said, I think we'll get an announcement next Tuesday, Aug. 18, and the conference will be on Sept. 7. (It's the first Monday in September and the past two years' conferences were held on a Monday. That's really all I have to go off.)

Crazy, way out there prediction for TGS 2015.

GT 7 officially announced, Gameplay shown (looking amazing) and then Megaton dropped, they date it Holiday 2015.

I would so love that to happen.

I see many ask why we think DMC5 will be announced, well, I can't speak for everyone but I personally think there are just too many signs pointing at it.

- The fact that they bothered to release DMC4SE after 7 years and after a reboot. (not to mention the new story materials in there)
- That "see you next Devil May Cry" teaser that you get after beating the game.
- Vergil's ending being him practically teasing his return
"Soon they shall know this Devil's power."
- Capcom hiring entirely new Japanese cast for DMC4SE and dubbing the whole game in Japanese for the first time in the history of series. This is a pretty big sign for DMC5, IMO.
- Capcom pushing original series everywhere. From a mobile zombie app thingy to cross promotion with Sengoku Basara and even making special drinks for DMC characters. Hell, they are even making a DMCxBASARA play.
- Itsuno avoiding DMC5 questions and just laughing instead of saying that he wants to make it (like he said a couple of times in the past)
- And last but definitely not the least, Verendus confirming that a mainline DMC is in fact in the works.

So considering everything, I think DMC5 has a good chance of being announced at TGS this year.
A year too soon for DMC5.
If they waited to see the sales of both remakes before making a decision, it was likely still only in pre-production those past months.
Do people actually believe that? So you think Capcom is gonna sit and do absolutely nothing for months or even a year, so they can see which remaster sells better? That's nuts.

Itsuno himself confirmed that future of the series isn't tied to DMC4SE sells so people should really stop acting like it is.

Jigorath

Banned
For Sony's TGS I'm thinking

Freedom Wars 2 for PS4/Vita
God Eater 3 for PS4/Vita
Yakuza 6 for PS4/PS3
New Hatsune Miku for PS4/Vita
Valkyria Chronicles IV for PS4/Vita (SEGA's major console game announcement)
Possibly Ni No Kuni 2 but this might be announced at a Western show given the popularity over here
Gravity Daze 2 for PS4 but I think this will also be at a Western show
And new trailers for DQXI, DQB, DQHII, Persona 5, Hot Shots Gold PS4, Ys 8

And my "out there" predictions would be

Final Fantasy X-3
Monster Hunter Musou
Resident Evil 7

Eolz

I see many ask why we think DMC5 will be announced, well, I can't speak for everyone but I personally think there are just too many signs pointing at it.

- The fact that they bothered to release DMC4SE after 7 years and after a reboot. (not to mention the new story materials in there)
- Capcom hiring entirely new Japanese cast for DMC4SE and dubbing the whole game in Japanese for the first time in the history of series. This is a pretty big sign for DMC5, IMO.
- Capcom pushing original series everywhere. From a mobile zombie app thingy to cross promotion with Sengoku Basara and even making special drinks for DMC characters. Hell, they are even making a DMCxBASARA play.
- Itsuno avoiding DMC5 questions and just laughing instead of saying that he wants to make it (like he said a couple of times in the past)
- And last but definitely not the least, Verendus confirming that a mainline DMC is in fact in the works.

So considering everything, I think DMC5 has a good chance of being announced at TGS this year.

Do people actually believe that? So you think Capcom is gonna sit and do absolutely nothing for months or even a year, so they can see which remaster sells better? That's nuts.

Itsuno himself confirmed that future of the series isn't tied to DMC4SE sells so people should really stop acting like it is.

Oh, missed that Itsuno interview, thanks for the link.
It's probably announced this year then, yeah. However, I can absolutely confirm to you (from experience) that some big publishers sit on their hands waiting to see if there's an audience before going further than a bit of pre-production on a game, and Capcom is no stranger to that. I just said that even if they were working on it, this was still likely to be only a reduced team at this point.

Dammit, SE should just lend Gavin for TGS.

I think he should be working for the UN or something. No joke.

Not to mention that godly Joe Hisaishi and Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra soundtrack.

Dammit I could post the whole thing it's so good.

So damn good. One of my favorite soundtracks of all time. This plus the overworld map was enough to make me forgive any combat hiccups 10 times over.

you forgot the fact that Capcom outsourced DMC4SE with Itsuno directing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom