• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Lynch: "It is happening" Twin Peaks back on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

temp

posting on contract only
We have any idea how much longer they're filming around North Bend and the area?

Well let's allow Kyle Twede to still have some personal touches on his diner! I mean he's done a lot for the show, and for the Twin Peaks Fest over the years.

It just angers and confuses me. It's like Dora the Explorer. Your name is Twede, not Tweety. It's too close!

Flipyap

We have any idea how much longer they're filming around North Bend and the area?
Filming on location was supposed to take around 6 weeks, so probably 2 more weeks. Then they're going to move to a soundstage in LA and we'll be left in the dark for a pretty darn long time.

temp

posting on contract only
Filming on location was supposed to take around 6 weeks, so probably 2 more weeks. Then they're going to move to a soundstage in LA and we'll be left in the dark for a pretty darn long time.

Any good places online to find out where they're filming? @TwinPeaksArchve?

Flipyap

I'm not sure if there is one. @TwinPeaksArchve is no longer posting the latest photos and is already swamped by everyone asking him where to find the crew.

Yes, dugpa.com forums. Several local super fans are either staking the area out or have contacts that are and update regularly.

Also I thought I heard they were only in like week 2/3 of filming when I went out there myself, so I think they'll be there another 3-4 weeks.

temp

posting on contract only
Yes, dugpa.com forums. Several local super fans are either staking the area out or have contacts that are and update regularly.

Also I thought I heard they were only in like week 2/3 of filming when I went out there myself, so I think they'll be there another 3-4 weeks.

Sa-WEET, thank you!

Catherine Coulson (The Log Lady) passed away today :(

She went way back with Lynch too, was featured in the short The Amputee that Lynch used to test which b&w film stock to use for Eraserhead. She was a powerful symbol for the TP world too and will be missed.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

She went way back with Lynch too, was featured in the short The Amputee that Lynch used to test which b&w film stock to use for Eraserhead. She was a powerful symbol for the TP world too and will be missed.

Cancel the show. It won't be the same without her incredible performance and sage wisdom.

Super unfortunate. May she rest in peace.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

That's a bummer :(

Flipyap

Incredibly saddening news, and the worst timing.

Any source for that?
Lots. Here's Hollywood Reporter with a statement from Lynch.

It's not the best time for corrections, but that test was done for AFI when they were considering switching from film to video, Eraserhead has already been in production for years by that point.

Incredibly saddening news, and the worst timing.

Lots. Here's Hollywood Reporter with a statement from Lynch.

It's not the best time for corrections, but that test was done for AFI when they were considering switching from film to video, Eraserhead has already been in production for years by that point.

Oh ok, must have misheard him.

Here's Lynch's words on her:

file.php

Showtime ran a brief promo for the new season ahead of last night’s season premiere of Homeland.

Here.

No new footage, but it features the Man From Another Place dancing. This is significant because Michael J. Anderson had said he would not be appearing in the new season. It's also the first promo since last year's announcement.

PolishQ

Showtime ran a brief promo for the new season ahead of last night’s season premiere of Homeland.

Here.

No new footage, but it features the Man From Another Place dancing. This is significant because Michael J. Anderson had said he would not be appearing in the new season. It's also the first promo since last year's announcement.

Some have pointed out that this could merely be a promo for Showtime's upcoming airing of the first two seasons, so not necessarily confirmation that MJA will be back.

Some have pointed out that this could merely be a promo for Showtime's upcoming airing of the first two seasons, so not necessarily confirmation that MJA will be back.

Ah that's right. Hadn't thought of that.

It just seems hard to believe that seemingly almost every character is coming back but he wouldn't.

Somebody at Dugpa linked this from craigslist:

Be An Actor in the New Twin Peaks!

"Twin Peaks", a 1980s TV show, is being revived, and it is filming this week in an Everett neighborhood! If you want to apply to be an extra actor, be near the intersection of 33rd Street and Tulalip Avenue October 7th and 9th--Wednesday and Friday--this week! If you drive by right now, you'll see the signs the city put up to clear out the parked cars those days! See if you can find the old "Twin Peaks" house in this neighborhood--that's where the action is! Filming is planned for daylight hours. Don't contact us, just be there and ready!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ats/5254201143.html

Could be bunk but I'm gonna scope it tomorrow, pretty close to me.

So yeah that ad was bogus but someone snapped some pics of the Palmer house yesterday.
Note the dead lawn and shrubs. When I scoped it about a week or so ago it didn't look like that so def going for a state of disrepair.
Might go check it out for myself later today.

tumblr_nvtohvorCe1uamqo0o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvtohvorCe1uamqo0o3_1280.jpg

omg, tangible evidence that this is being made. I can't believe it's finally happening. new david lynch material, and hours of it.

I have a family member that went all the way out to watch the filming of the show. They had a great time since they are a gigantic fan and are excited to see how what they witnessed being filmed looks like in the actual show. Full disclosure: I'm not huge into Twin Peaks, so they didn't feel bad spoiling what they saw, but I imagine others are and I don't know what the specific rules are so I won't post it.

So just in case anyone was wondering how the filming was going, it seems to be going just fine.

I have a family member that went all the way out to watch the filming of the show. They had a great time since they are a gigantic fan and are excited to see how what they witnessed being filmed looks like in the actual show. Full disclosure: I'm not huge into Twin Peaks, so they didn't feel bad spoiling what they saw, but I imagine others are and I don't know what the specific rules are so I won't post it.

So just in case anyone was wondering how the filming was going, it seems to be going just fine.

You could always just spoiler tag it. No rules have really been established here fwiw. If it's plot details though you might wanna preface that unspoilered though.

PM'd.

You could always just spoiler tag it. No rules have really been established here fwiw. If it's plot details though you might wanna preface that unspoilered though.

I'll separate this then since most of it is plot-oriented but part of it isn't. Keep in mind this is from the perspective of someone who isn't super familiar with the show and I wasn't even there in person.

On a more general level - no details
While I am not a huge fan, I have seen a little bit, and I remember the show being dark at times but often pretty campy too. This miniseries evidently seems pretty dark. Apparently "Showtime series dark" whatever that means.

Big possible spoilery details:
These are all pretty cut up, as I imagine watching something being filmed with no context is.

A scene where the Sheriff(?) comes out of a diner with a gun drawn

A scene where a group of kids finds a dead woman, and its not pretty. Evidently lots of blood

A scene where a waitress (don't remember the actress) is hanging onto the hood of a car as it drives

A scene where a kid gets hit by a truck. David Lynch painted the blood on the street himself. Driver doesn't stop, Mom comes out and reacts understandably. Whats interesting is there is a woman in the scene who apparently witnesses it happen and its the same woman the kids find dead.

If the temptation is too much I'll just delete it and keep it to PMs.

shamanick

I'll separate this then since most of it is plot-oriented but part of it isn't. Keep in mind this is from the perspective of someone who isn't super familiar with the show and I wasn't even there in person.

While I am not a huge fan, I have seen a little bit, and I remember the show being dark at times but often pretty campy too. This miniseries evidently seems pretty dark. Apparently "Showtime series dark" whatever that means.

These are all pretty cut up, as I imagine watching something being filmed with no context is.

A scene where the Sheriff(?) comes out of a diner with a gun drawn

A scene where a group of kids finds a dead woman, and its not pretty. Evidently lots of blood

A scene where a waitress (don't remember the actress) is hanging onto the hood of a car as it drives

A scene where a kid gets hit by a truck. David Lynch painted the blood on the street himself. Driver doesn't stop, Mom comes out and reacts understandably. Whats interesting is there is a woman in the scene who apparently witnesses it happen and its the same woman the kids find dead.

Holy shit, more please if you can and thanks

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Now it's dark.

Oh lord, you need to get your friend on gaf lol, or at least maybe a mini Q&A you could field them. So many questions! Thanks for sharing :)

Very happy to see it confirmed dark in tone. The woman dead and then alive is the most intriguing. Did your friend get a good look at the actress playing that part? Would love to know who.

Well I'm not going to interrogate them as that would be weird and I don't understand enough about the show, and they enjoyed it so much (showed off a lot of pictures of actors and David Lynch) I'd hate for a ton of info to get out and then they stop letting fans watch the filming. It was sort of just a small fun thing to share with Twin Peaks GAF.

Well I'm not going to interrogate them as that would be weird and I don't understand enough about the show, and they enjoyed it so much (showed off a lot of pictures of actors and David Lynch) I'd hate for a ton of info to get out and then they stop letting fans watch the filming. It was sort of just a small fun thing to share with Twin Peaks GAF.

If it's not too much trouble could you just ask about the actor they saw playing the Sheriff? There's been a lot of concern over the previous actor that filled that role not returning, it would just settle some fears for the fans. The dead girl's identity would of course be a cherry too but I won't push it if you're not comfortable.

Flipyap

The dead girl's identity would of course be a cherry too but I won't push it if you're not comfortable.
Maaaybe we shouldn't push it in this direction at all. Personally, I haven't really considered any prior set report to be a "spoiler," because they were only slightly more revealing than opening credits would be, but if these new spoilers are accurate, we're spoiling actual dramatic story beats and a likely order in which they will be presented.
I feel weird saying this, so sorry if my fanboyism is showing, but now it's starting to feel... disrespectful towards Lynch and Frost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom