• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Lynch: "It is happening" Twin Peaks back on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems there are major casting spoilers being leaked. Not sure if the above photo counts since they were regular cast members but be cautious on Twitter and all that.

Well I'm squeeing with joy about the latest casting sighting in North Bend...

HARRY MOTHER FUCKIN DEAN STANTON! So awesome Lynch is carrying over characters from FWWM, Harry's Carl being one of the highlights. Here's hoping we get some Chester Desmond thrown in too! The world needs more Deer Meadow.

Flipyap

Well I'm squeeing with joy about the latest casting sighting in North Bend...

HARRY MOTHER FUCKIN DEAN STANTON! So awesome Lynch is carrying over characters from FWWM, Harry's Carl being one of the highlights. Here's hoping we get some Chester Desmond thrown in too! The world needs more Deer Meadow.
Wow, I did not expect that.
I certainly welcome integrating elements of Fire Walk With Me into the main show. Them not abandoning the characters from its prologue is kind of a dream come true. Now, if they bring back agent Phillip Jeffries, the shit, it will come out of my ass.

According to one source Twede's (the RR Diner) is re-opening tomorrow and they're keeping all the furnishings and changes done by the crew O_O

Think I'm gonna have to go down there tomorrow and take a ton of pics.
And yes get some dame fine coffee and cherry pie

In North Bend right now at Twedes. Just spotted Madchen in a pink bathrobe walking down the street! And no I'm not gonna tail her :p

Edit: fuck it just got directions to the trailer park where they're filming. Will update.

I don't know where I've been all these years since castings are regarded as spoilers now? Or is there someone who died that is returning? If so, couldn't it just be flashbacks or something? Please explain.

KillySG10

Neo Member
That
Harry Dean Stanton
sighting has me so happy, means they're definitely
not ignoring FWWM
, also means theres hope for
Phillip Jefferies and Chester Desmond, hell, maybe we'll even get Keifer Sutherland back

According to one source Twede's (the RR Diner) is re-opening tomorrow and they're keeping all the furnishings and changes done by the crew O_O

Think I'm gonna have to go down there tomorrow and take a ton of pics.
And yes get some dame fine coffee and cherry pie

Is Twede's open again to the public? Went there on Friday and it was closed due to filming.

Mobius 1

Mädchen Amick tweeted this last night:

This guy. #TP
CPK8ghZWcAAspg1.jpg:large

She will haunt me to the end of my days.

I'm super stoked to see Twede's in all of its refinished, paneled glory!! <3 Probably gonna stop by sometime this week with friends. Hopefully it won't be too crowded!

soco

New to the area and looking for good pie. How is the pie shop next door? I believe it's called George's Bakery?

i've never been to that, but it'd be hard to imagine it being worse.

in all fairness, i've only been to Twede's a few times, and that was a few years ago, but the food was not the main attraction in any sense. The cherry pie filling was comparable to that of the canned variety.

Got some pics for you folks, admittedly they're not great as I couldn't get close but I shot what I could. Would've liked to have spent more time there but needed to get back home, will probably go out that ways again in a week or so.

edit: Apologies for that portrait shot, I was a little flustered to get the pic :p

edit2: Also if anybody takes issue with that last pic being too spoilery I can take down.

temp

posting on contract only
Man, Twede's looks so much better, but they still have that stupid Tweety Bird hanging from the ceiling?

Man, Twede's looks so much better, but they still have that stupid Tweety Bird hanging from the ceiling?

Well let's allow Kyle Twede to still have some personal touches on his diner! I mean he's done a lot for the show, and for the Twin Peaks Fest over the years.

Pretty sweet that you got the chance to check all that out. Thanks for posting them :)

Np :)

Saw another casting spoiler on a TP fan site, somebody spied a trailer at base camp with
R. Beymer aka Ben Horne on it. They're really managing to bring back a ton of the older cast, I'm impressed.

Still holding out hope for Michael Ontkean (Sheriff Truman).

Flipyap

No love for mah photos?
I'm too busy being consumed by envy to be able to properly appreciated them. ;)

Saw another casting spoiler on a TP fan site, somebody spied a trailer at base camp with
R. Beymer aka Ben Horne on it. They're really managing to bring back a ton of the older cast, I'm impressed.

Still holding out hope for Michael Ontkean (Sheriff Truman).
One of the actors who played Johnny was also spotted and Sylvia's name supposedly appeared on a trailer.

All of these returnees will be fun to see again, but so far they've mostly been ancillary characters, and while there are some of those I'd really like to see (I'd love to know if Andy's brain started working better over the years), I really hope this new show won't leave Annie behind. It would be a shame to lose the one character who's fully aware of what happened in the finale.

Edit:
Posted by fishwithoutaporpoise on reddit

I'm too busy being consumed by envy to be able to properly appreciated them. ;)

One of the actors who played Johnny was also spotted and Sylvia's name supposedly appeared on a trailer.

All of these returnees will be fun to see again, but so far they've mostly been ancillary characters, and while there are some of those I'd really like to see (I'd love to know if Andy's brain started working better over the years), I really hope this new show won't leave Annie behind. It would be a shame to lose the one character who's fully aware of what happened in the finale.

Edit:
Posted by fishwithoutaporpoise on reddit

Ha, I'm pretty envious myself of some of the things others have spotted in their various stakeouts in the area.

Yeah I'd really like to see Annie come back, especially now that we know
they're including aspects of FWWM, and the lodge time dilation with her talking to Laura makes her seem too integral to let go.

Below is a kinda spoilery pic someone posted today. Inside the RR, no clue who the girl is though. Probably the clearest set pic yet.

OAebKe1.jpg

Flipyap

Below is a kinda spoilery pic someone posted today. Inside the RR, no clue who the girl is though. Probably the clearest set pic yet.

Clearest set pic yet and it did nothing to damage "The Mystery," quite the opposite.

Here's a new shot of the Roadhouse, by klkdmom on instagram

And a few reported returnees, via Jerry Horne (@TwinPeaksArchve) on the dugpa forums:
"Betty Briggs sighting! Hawk sighting! Possible Joey Paulson sighting."

Man I think I'm gonna have to go on a media blackout. Otherwise my expectation are going to be too high.

One of the mods over at dugpa.com forums (where I'm getting a lot of my info) that's been one of the most diligent at stakeouts has heard enough from around set that the show is shaping up to be an incredibly epic affair that will touch on a lot of things. Grain of salt and all that, but it seems like we're really in for something magnificent here.

Another location spoiler,
filming being done at the Private Portland Airport from FWWM (it's really in North Bend area though), where Agent Sam Stanley (Kiefer Sutherland) and Agent Chester Desmond meet Gordon Cole for briefing. Here's hoping Kiefer makes it in, his oddball character was so endearing in the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom