• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Lynch: "It is happening" Twin Peaks back on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futureman

Had Showtime said they are working on a streaming service? Or is it likely that next year you'll still need a cable plan with Showtime to watch?

Is it worth watching Season 2? I only plan on watching Season 1 for now.

I'm watching season 2 with my daughter at the rate of an episode every couple of weeks (shes finishing off her A levels so she's pretty busy) I cant really remember much about it from when it was first shown but i'm finding it a lot of fun to watch now (so is she)

If nothing else i'd imagine the new stuff will be pretty tricky to get the most of without being familiar with season 2.

So it looks like the new episodes will be shot digitally.

David Lynch said:
No, no, no. It would be ridiculous. It’s all gonna end up on TV anyway. So many things get lost from celluloid to the final… whatever you’re showing on.

I was pretty excited about him going back to film, but I understand the economics. Also, look at Hannibal on NBC that is all digital (on a shoestring budget) and it's the best looking show on TV and better than a lot of films.

lednerg

So it looks like the new episodes will be shot digitally.

I was pretty excited about him going back to film, but I understand the economics. Also, look at Hannibal on NBC that is all digital (on a shoestring budget) and it's the best looking show on TV and better than a lot of films.

Yeah, t's fine. Film would be a pain in the ass to have to deal with and digital has more than come into its own as a professional medium in the past decade. The real news (for me at least) is that there's a fricken three hour long Q&A session by David Lynch available online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL8pN9Cgu2k [starts at 7 minutes in]

Futureman

Meh I don't even care at this point. Just glad it's still happening.

If production starts in September, 2014 does seem kinda long.

Mengetsu

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/david-lynch-visiting-shooting-twin-peaks-in-september/

Twin Peaks will begin filming in September!

Imagine visiting the Twin Peaks filming locations in North Bend, WA and accidentally running into David Lynch. It happened to a member of the Welcome to Twin Peaks community yesterday. And it’s gonna happen a lot more starting September.

On a family trip through Washington state, Christoph Foque spotted David Lynch and his crew outside of Twede’s Cafe in North Bend, WA. It was the Twin Peaks co-creator’s second visit (the first one was around Christmas) to discuss Twede’s upcoming transformation back into the Double R Diner. Christoph, who works for Belgian TV production company Menuet Productiehuis, briefly spoke with the director in the parking lot of the diner, where he confirmed he’ll start shooting in September 2015, as previously suggested by Kyle MacLachlan.

Whether David Lynch will still be in town later this month for the Twin Peaks Festival is unknown and, given his zero track record of attending the fan-organized event, very unlikely. But there will definitely be music and a lot of excitement in the air in the coming weeks!

Mengetsu

Just posted on Showtimes Facebook.

QayA3YK.jpg

d1lBEJF.jpg

lednerg

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/twi...rs-of-sex-ray-donovan-patti-smith-1201567558/

“I expect (the series) be more than nine (episodes),” [Showtime President David] Nevins said Tuesday during his presentation at the Television Critics Assn. press tour at the Beverly Hilton. “It’s open-ended. I know his shooting schedule. We will let him cut into however many episodes he feels works best.”

The premiere date is also still to be determined. It could be as late as 2017, Nevins acknowledged. “I want it as badly and as soon as the biggest fans in the world,” he said. “I’m hoping sooner rather than later.”

Well this sucks if true...

Been following this account for a couple days now, tidbits of info coming out here and there, they will start filming in downtown North Bend next week, have already decorated a shop I'm guessing Nadine runs...

100_5021.JPG

It's also in full production now and will be filming in North Bend and LA through May of next year.

Oh yeah fair enough. The buildup to the finale soured me so much I kinda forgot how great the finale was.

Yeah I mean there's a whole lotta bad in season 2 for sure haha. ABC killed its momentum by aggressively pressuring Lynch and Frost to reveal Laura's killer early on, which was just stupid af if you want people to keep tuning in for the mystery. Didn't help Lynch was off the set for most of it filming the movie Wild At Heart and got back after they'd already filmed the finale and was like "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" Thank god he got to re-shoot the finale at least.

yepyepyep

The original series had a lot of young cast members but now they are all middle aged. I wonder if they are going to cast new young actors in new roles or just focus on the original characters.

It will also be interesting to see how weird Lynch will make this season. His directing style became more obtuse and experimental after twin peaks, so I wonder it will be more uncompromising like his later films, or if he will try and recreate the same tone of the original series.

It is going to be pretty cool to see how this project turns out.

The original series had a lot of young cast members but now they are all middle aged. I wonder if they are going to cast new young actors in new roles or just focus on the original characters.

It will also be interesting to see how weird Lynch will make this season. His directing style became more obtuse and experimental after twin peaks, so I wonder it will be more uncompromising like his later films, or if he will try and recreate the same tone of the original series.

It is going to be pretty cool to see how this project turns out.

This is what I'm the most curious about, what is the tone going to be? For an 18 episode extravaganza I highly doubt there will be consistent high weirdness in the vein of the finale, FWWM, or his later films, but I do wonder if there will be more of an emphasis on the weird. Will he try to keep the 50s overtones in regards to certain details, or a reinvention of the visual vocab of the series more in line with with modern TV standards? I'd like to think it'll be a blend of Mulholland's look with the original series' vibes.

Curious when we might see script leaks. I don't wanna spoil myself, but jesus 2017 is forever away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom