• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Speaking of the spectacular, this happened to me earlier today.

giphy.gif

Rushy even retweeted about it when it was shown to him! I feel honoured!

Vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfQc7AJDe20
Record it in cock view then imagine it was in VR.

Ouch.

One thing that badly needs updating is the way you invite people into your lobby. The current method is a pain in the balls. You have to scroll through your entire friend list in alphabetical order to find the people you want to send invites to. Why not have a filter so it only shows who's online or better yet, just those currently playing the game? Can't be that difficult to implement, surely.

One thing that badly needs updating is the way you invite people into your lobby. The current method is a pain in the balls. You have to scroll through your entire friend list in alphabetical order to find the people you want to send invites to. Why not have a filter so it only shows who's online or better yet, just those currently playing the game? Can't be that difficult to implement, surely.

They already have that with the social browser thing you access with the triangle button, they just need to integrate the private lobby invite system into that.

Makikou

They already have that with the social browser thing you access with the triangle button, they just need to integrate the private lobby invite system into that.

Agreed. It's there. Utilize it, Rushy, my man!

DLC hype tomorrow, some more stars to unlock. I hope there's a couple o' good event's in there.

Jamesways

Mastering courses in helmet view on bikes takes a whole other level. I'm way faster in 3rd person, but who wants to race like that? I need that immersion man! Going to take some serious practice.

@Rushy Seeing this recent tweet of yours, it looks like the fix for the disconnection issue a few of us are having wih the private lobbies isn't coming tomorrow. Is it proving more difficult to fix than it originally appeared to be?

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/666233990286848000?s=17

Playing standard matchmaking in Driveclub can be frustrating sometimes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eyF5lPJQTtE

I don't think they ever did any fixes with the Tour updates, the hooks for which are always in the preceding patch. Any issues introduced introduced with one of the large monthly updates were always resolved with next month's patch. I'm guessing we'll have to wait until December.

I don't think they ever did any fixes with the Tour updates, the hooks for which are always in the preceding patch. Any issues introduced introduced with one of the large monthly updates were always resolved with next month's patch. I'm guessing we'll have to wait until December.
I thought that they would release a patch tomorrow to activate the content, but I hadn't noticed that the patches are always released before they activate the content in the patch.

Then I guess December it is. Reading Rushy's tweet again, I feel like maybe it could be read as in they could release an update as soon as they have the issue fixed, even if it is before Decembers patch, but I don't know if I'm being overly optimistic with my interpretation.

I thought that they would release a patch tomorrow to activate the content, but I hadn't noticed that the patches are always released before they activate the content in the patch.

Then I guess December it is. Reading Rushy's tweet again, I feel like maybe it could be read as in they could release an update as soon as they have the issue fixed, even if it is before Decembers patch, but I don't know if I'm being overly optimistic with my interpretation.

Actually, rereading that tweet, i think you're right. It does sound like it could happen earlier. Let's hope for the best! :)

Would anyone else like a tournament mode? It would save a lot of time taking screencaps of results screens and tallying up everything when my friends and I play.

If Mario Kart 8 can do it......

Okay guys. This is kind of a last resort. I've already mailed and tweeted Evolution Studios and Rushy about only one simple request I have that, till today, is still not implemented in this awesome game.

Long story short:

- I want to use the LEFT analogue stick for accelerating and braking
- I want to use the RIGHT analogue stick for steering

In Driveclub (and many other games) you can only steer with the left stick. However, I am a kind of a Gran Turismo veteran and have always used its options to modify all buttons and sticks and did always choose for a setup which let me steer with the right stick and accelerate and brake with the left stick.

I simply cannot steer properly with the left stick and allways did use the right stick for steering for probably hundreds and hundreds of hours with Gran Turismo and the awesome WRC 3, 4 and Evolved games (PS2).

I would not exagerete when I state that my capabilities and enjoyment of Driveclub would probably rise with 100% if I could use my preferred steering setup.

So there it is, my simple request. Can this option can be implemented in the game? I even would buy 2 or 3 extra copies of this awesome game to show my resolution.

Here is hoping!

Rushy

@Rushy Seeing this recent tweet of yours, it looks like the fix for the disconnection issue a few of us are having wih the private lobbies isn't coming tomorrow. Is it proving more difficult to fix than it originally appeared to be?

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/666233990286848000?s=17
We have fixed it, there are just many stages of testing that an update has to go through before it can be released. I'll update you as soon as we have a date for it.

New filters will be in the next update - we just didn't have time to squeeze them into the last update.

Okay guys. This is kind of a last resort. I've already mailed and tweeted Evolution Studios and Rushy about only one simple request I have that, till today, is still not implemented in this awesome game.

Long story short:

- I want to use the LEFT analogue stick for accelerating and braking
- I want to use the RIGHT analogue stick for steering

In Driveclub (and many other games) you can only steer with the left stick. However, I am a kind of a Gran Turismo veteran and have always used its options to modify all buttons and sticks and did always choose for a setup which let me steer with the right stick and accelerate and brake with the left stick.

I simply cannot steer properly with the left stick and allways did use the right stick for steering for probably hundreds and hundreds of hours with Gran Turismo and the awesome WRC 3, 4 and Evolved games (PS2).

I would not exagerete when I state that my capabilities and enjoyment of Driveclub would probably rise with 100% if I could use my preferred steering setup.

So there it is, my simple request. Can this option can be implemented in the game? I even would buy 2 or 3 extra copies of this awesome game to show my resolution.

Here is hoping!

It's not ideal, but you could swap left and right stick functions on a console wide level whenever you're playing Driveclub.

It's not ideal, but you could swap left and right stick functions on a console wide level whenever you're playing Driveclub.

Thanks for the tip. Although it's kind of a workaround.

Rushy, do you think that setting the right stick for steering instead of the left stick is a possible option for a update in the future? I love this game to bits but it could be that I am underestimating the amount of work such a change would require.

Anyway, I love this game!

EDIT: for some reason I realised yesterday that Driveclub is actually the only really next-gen looking game till date.

Another idea that needs repeating is some kinda play list feature for private lobbies, so you can queue up a few races in a row set up how you want and then just knuckle down and race em instead of having to set up each individual race one after the other.

New filters will be in the next update - we just didn't have time to squeeze them into the last update.

Awesome news!

How about a tourney setting where the game keeps track of final results and gives points over a (host)set number of races? Would something like that be possibly in the pipeline? Would save us a lot of heartache for our Sunday tournaments.

Damn all star tour is "piss easy"

It wasn't bad ..but damn did it offer no challenge to me.

EBR on the other hand was LEGIT good, just the right amount of fun inside. Well done on that , evolution studios.

kyser73

Forgive me if this is not allowed here but I created a new community called "Driveclub Australia" for anyone down under that still plays the game. Interest in our region seems to have dried up so I'm trying to drum up a bit more now that private lobbies are here. Only 6 members strong at the moment but hopefully more join up. Thanks guys!

Will have to remember to search for this - am currently mainlining TLOU:R & will be hitting several open world games over the weekend, so will need some speed to break up the questing :)

Nyx

DLC time everyone! It's up. :) *Well, EU anyway*

Ah ofcourse! Will definitely check it out when I'm back home.

I've found new love for Cayoosh Point, it's turning into my favorite P2P track.
Love how fast it is, yesterday I broke my own time trial record for the second time in 2 days, looking forward to getting an even better time.

Ah ofcourse! Will definitely check it out when I'm back home.

I've found new love for Cayoosh Point, it's turning into my favorite P2P track.
Love how fast it is, yesterday I broke my own time trial record for the second time in 2 days, looking forward to getting an even better time.

Downhill I think it's great but really struggle uphill as so many bends seems to be blind and off camber so I always seem to run wide.

Makikou

All-Stars tour was a bit weak. Event's were a bit too easy and the car + track combo's didn't really click for me. Next time we'll have new cars though, which is great!

EBR is pretty good, the new bikes feel good too. The RX is definetly a competitive bike while the S(E)X is more of a Skill Run type of bike since it is so easy to wheelie with it.

Finished the All-Stars Tour, agree that it is very easy. I won everything and got all the stars on first try, which isn't usually the case, but i still had a lot of fun. Some really nice weather/time of day combos in there. Only played the two skill events in the EBR tour so far, going to get to the rest later.

By the way, is the EBR livery pack not free for anyone else? I downloaded everything else, tried restarting the game, but it still says 0.59 GBP for me.

By the way, is the EBR livery pack not free for anyone else? I downloaded everything else, tried restarting the game, but it still says 0.59 GBP for me.

Same here. There's an issue with the All Star livery pack, too. I downloaded it but it doesn't show up in-game. Tried restoring licenses but still nothing.

Rushy

Rushy, do you think that setting the right stick for steering instead of the left stick is a possible option for a update in the future? I love this game to bits but it could be that I am underestimating the amount of work such a change would require.
I'll ask the code team to see what's possible. I can't make any promises though.

Rushy - AI difficulty options in the next update or no?
Yes!

Damn all star tour is "piss easy"

It wasn't bad ..but damn did it offer no challenge to me.

EBR on the other hand was LEGIT good, just the right amount of fun inside. Well done on that , evolution studios.
The All Stars Tour is intentionally easy, its more of a trial for players to check out some of the season pass cars. Glad you liked the EBR tour though - expect another similar one in terms of difficulty next month :)

Rushy

The EBR livery pack isn't free. The Tour & Expansion are both free though.

Now that you mention it, i don't see the All-Stars liveries in the editor either.
Its just a single livery and its tucked away inside the 'Bonus' livery category.

Makikou

The All Stars Tour is intentionally easy, its more of a trial for players to check out some of the season pass cars. Glad you liked the EBR tour though - expect another similar one in terms of difficulty next month :)

Explains why the All Stars tour is tucked below Startline & why it's so short. I would have had different cars showcasing the DLC though but.. it is what it is :D

The EBR livery pack isn't free. The Tour & Expansion are both free though.

Fair enough. I assumed that might be the case, but wasn't sure.

Its just a single livery and its tucked away inside the 'Bonus' livery category.

Cool, thanks!

Since the All-Stars tour is meant to give people without the season pass a taste of the dlc cars, is it also free for those who only have the PS+ edition of Driveclub? Would be nice if that were the case, so i could pitch it to my friends who are still on the fence. :)

Rushy

Since the All-Stars tour is meant to give people without the season pass a taste of the dlc cars, is it also free for those who only have the PS+ edition of Driveclub? Would be nice if that were the case, so i could pitch it to my friends who are still on the fence. :)
PS+ Players can access ALL free cars content now :)

Which include Ignition Expansion, Photo Finish Tour and about 12 free cars too. Lots of new stuff for them to try out!

Oneself

Rushy, that new texture test is pretty cool but are you guys looking into other effects, like maybe adding more (or better) AA on cars/bikes or better AF on ground textures?
Road textures would greatly benefit from better AF/texture filtering... It would make a major impact on graphics overall. Especially from the cockpit view.

Haven't had a chance to play with Bikes yet, but how do they drive? The same car mechanics or do they actually feel like bikes? Haven't had a decent bike game since MotoGP back in the OG Xbox days.

Oneself

Haven't had a chance to play with Bikes yet, but how do they drive? The same car mechanics or do they actually feel like bikes? Haven't had a decent bike game since MotoGP back in the OG Xbox days.
If you like DC and bikes, you're in for a treat. It's pretty much the best bike game of this gen.

OK , fair enough.

Wait , something similar next month ? let me put a mark on my calendar.

Let us hope that nothing will prevent you from offering more space fo custom liveries (to choose from ) in next month patch. I have everything unlocked but choosing only 4 is so much HARD.

Counting on you :)

Any word on when the easy mode patch for the tour is due out? I could have sword I read it was due out in early November but I may have imagined that!

Looking forward to giving the new tours a try tonight :)

Rushy

OK , fair enough.
Let us hope that nothing will prevent you from offering more space fo custom liveries (to choose from ) in next month patch. I have everything unlocked but choosing only 4 is so much HARD.
More custom livery slots will be included in next months update, along with some additional customisation features.

Any word on when the easy mode patch for the tour is due out? I could have sword I read it was due out in early November but I may have imagined that!
Definitely December.

Rushy, that new texture test is pretty cool but are you guys looking into other effects, like maybe adding more (or better) AA on cars/bikes or better AF on ground textures?
Road textures would greatly benefit from better AF/texture filtering... It would make a major impact on graphics overall. Especially from the cockpit view.
Don't worry, you don't need AF improvements when fog drops.

PS+ Players can access ALL free cars content now :)

Which include Ignition Expansion, Photo Finish Tour and about 12 free cars too. Lots of new stuff for them to try out!

That's awesome, i'll make sure to spread the word among my friends! Hopefully that'll make them stop dragging their feet. :)

We are coming up on OT3 soon :eek:
let's rejoice !
More custom livery slots will be included in next months update, along with some additional customisation features.

Definitely December.
Music to my hears

Good stuff. Every update is making solid improvements.
Yeah ..i was talking to clubmates last night and they themselves hadn't realised that driveclub was 1+year old . i had to prove it to them with their trophies dates. They were certain that they had the game for 6 months at best. I guess time is spent differently when you play this game.

Top Bottom