• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Sorian- I believe Sorian's claim, I don't see any reason to doubt it and it's easily verifiable. There will always be some lingering doubts that Sorian is the lost partner butI see it as a small chance. 95%

Setre- I'm actually a little suspicious of Setre's, not enough to vote for him but enough that I'll keep him in mind. But if he is lying then it's fairly well thought out as far as I can tell. 70%

TL21xx- I don't think there is any reason to doubt TL, he pulled through for us and did what he said he could. He could still be hiding something but I don't think it's likely. 98%

Razmos- After thinking about Sorian's question earlier I realized that I don't believe Raz, I believe the name but not the power and I have doubts that he is town aligned. Honestly at this point I think I would rather know for sure. 30%-45%

Seath- I'm 50/50 on Seath, part of me really doesn't believe it but at the same time it was such an idiotic plan and reveal that I don't think scum would have let him go through with it. 50%

squidyj

You forgot Seath.

I'm typing mine up now, give me a few minutes.

You're right. If I'm being honest I also didn't really take it seriously.
I don't really believe it. I mean..... what? why? who? where? when?
it was a useless role claim at a weird time with a name that I guess sort of checks out? he didn't really describe his abilities very well and it all seems sort of made up. so I guess it's fake, I have a hard time believing he's town or scum so I'll put him as neutral.

RetroMG

Also Scrafty what happened to your rhymes?

sure and poor doesn't rhyme~

Lucy sent me a pronunciation guide as an Early Christmas Gift, and wishes to convey that it is not her fault that you don't have have a British accent, like the voice inside her head has. She expressed this in an epic poem. It was three volumes.

I reached out to a member of the Sheriff's Secret Police for comment on the situation, but he informed me through Zanzibar Tap Code that the Mandatory Sheriff's Secret Police Poetry Appreciation training was actually a Vogon Correspondence Course, so that was no help.

As for me, I think they sound awfully alike, but I'm just a simple radio host, and I tend to think that discussing rhyme is a waste of time.

...oh, hey!

Current Votes:

razmos (4)
scraftydevil 1311
sorian 1323 (1398)
pop-o-matic 1335
squidyj 1368
sorian 1452 (1492)
karu 1483

squidyj (4)
tl21xx 1491
sorian 1492
razmos 1509
gryvan 1546

stanleypalmtree (2)
ultrajay 1395
sorian 1398 (1434)
seath 1407

seath (1)
coppanuva 1394 (1507)
royal_flush 1418
tl21xx 1457 (1491)
gryvan 1543 (1544)

karu (1)
coppanuva 1507

Just a reminder, I will be out of town starting tomorrow morning. Be good for Palmer and Yeeny. If I hear a bad report, there will be no souvenirs.

I'm disappointed that I got a lower grade than TL21xx D:

If it's any consolation I meant to go back and up your score to 97% but forgot to actually do it.

You're right. If I'm being honest I also didn't really take it seriously.
I don't really believe it. I mean..... what? why? who? where? when?
it was a useless role claim at a weird time with a name that I guess sort of checks out? he didn't really describe his abilities very well and it all seems sort of made up. so I guess it's fake, I have a hard time believing he's town or scum so I'll put him as neutral.

I don't blame you for not taking it seriously.

There really wasn't any reason for him to claim was there? It looks like he only had one vote on him at the time and while people were questioning him he wasn't in a situation that really called for a claim. I hope this isn't just another "master plan".

Coppanuva

Wait if I answer all of this questions I would be giving away too much already. lol

I already said too much and why not let scum find out on their own. ;)

I'm going to go on record and say how much I dislike how you handled this. It's not well presented, you're dodging questions (I can understand not answering some things if you feel it's too specific, but a good portion of those aren't), and the role is just bonkers.

As for my opinions on role claims so far:

TL21xx certainly appears to have used a role, and it's one that is typically town-aligned. I'm considering him town, and I believe his claim. I can't shake this feeling that I'm missing something about his role though, but it may just be paranoia.

Sorian claims gossip which is easily verifiable. I also have no trouble believing he's town, since he bussed Mazre HARD at the start of this day, which Scum wouldn't have done.

Setre is trickier. He could be lying about the doctor and was trying to catch the real med school graduate, or he could actually be him. Either way all evidence for his claim is circumstantial for the time being, but I believe him for now I think.

Razmos is essentially claiming to be BP from non-standard kills. I'm really curious how exactly the part about power role kills was phrased. Something about the way he worded his answers just doesn't sit well with me, though I'm not sure I can find the words to explain why. There's also the question of balance with it. He has a power that makes him immune to a very VERY specific class of kills. Right now we've seen 2 deaths that seem like they would fit this classification: Boo Boo'n, and Mazre. Both on separate days, I don't really see why we would have a role that's immune to only 1 other role with nothing else to offer.

Seath I addressed my biggest problems above. I agree with Ferret in that a scum team would not let him go with that claim (and his responses certainly take long enough that he would have ample opportunity to run it by them). At the same time it's a strange claim, and doesn't quite match up with his playstyle at all.

With the pair of roleclaims since my last post I'll hold off on a full read list. I did want to go back to something Mazre said that Sorian touched on.

At Big Rico's pizza, Mazre confirmed to Sorian that he could invite 3 people total to his chat. At this point, he already had Sorian, so that meant Mazre had 2 choices left. He posited a list of 5 people with 2 alternates, and further suggested that he and Sorian should split this list:

Myself
Squidyj
Coppanuva
Royal_Flush
Fireblend

Possible alternates:
Ultrajay
TL21xx

I strongly believe that one (and likely only one) person on that list is a scum player - keep in mind that this is N1 and so at this point they don't know there is another killer in play.

What I found odd initially was that he suggested 5 people. They had both already invited one person, so how could they split a list of 5 people? Simple, he already knew (or at least was in discussion) that Fireblend would be killed that night, so neither of them could send that invite during the next day phase. I suspect he already knew because he repeats the same list of Myself, Squidyj, Coppanuva and Royal_Flush, in that order, in his reads post while putting Fireblend under "the rest"/no read:

Leaning town- Sorian, Absolutbro, squidyj, coppa, flush - Generally quality reads and solid activity levels (bro is a little light on activity but has provided some context for it), certainly possible for a mafia to be here early game but even if they are at least they're contributing to the town for now (time tends to be the equalizer here)

the rest - ultrajay, trigger, ferret, tl21xx, ty4on, fireblend - I don't have a strong opinion on this group, some odd bits here and there over the last ~50 hours but as expected no smoking guns, maybe this is my blindspot

Note that Sorian actually leads that list, and Sorian was his first invite.

That left a list of 4 people, a 2 person split per Gossip chat. I firmly believe that Mazre meant to convince Sorian to invite the scum on that list to Sorian's chat so Scum had eyes on it. He could do it simply by N2: invite a non-scum (me). Assuming Sorian went with the plan, that meant there was a 1-in-3 chance that the Scum player would be invited to Sorian's chat. Even if that person wasn't, the next night Mazre could simply pick the last remaining town on the list, leaving Sorian with a scum to invite.

Now, I know I'm non-scum, which leaves three names:

Squidyj
coppanuva
Royal_Flush

Given today's events, we'll have to come back to them but I wanted to get them out.

As to the claims so far in game:

Sorian: Claims gossip; believe 100%.

Razmos: Claims Man in the Tan Jacket. Not being subject to Power Roles is a bit of a mixed bag. It might protect you from Scum PRs, but it also means that Josie can't send an angel to protect him. That said, I struggle to believe this is a town PR. Not because of the character or anything, but simply because there will always tend to be more town PRs than scum PRs. Think of it this way: one of the confirmed scum PRs was a gossip invite that he would have been immune to. At best I feel like this is a neutral role. At best.

Seath: Claims Josh Crayton. Honestly it sounds a bit odd. IIRC, his first appearance in the podcast is when he grows a second head that his mother loves more than his original head. The idea of a role with random traits that possibly do things if you happen to be targeted just feels off. It seems like it would be a bit of extra work for Retro, for possibly little to no payoff at all. Especially as it seems to not have any active or controlled component to it. I mean, if it was just "I kill whoever kills me" I might be able to swallow it, but instead it's "random stuff happens then IF something happens to me, something else happens". Just seems a bit much.

TL21xx: Claimed John Peters, you know, the farmer. Did what he said he would do, as good as confirmed for me.

Setre: Claims Old Woman Josie. I believe Setre's claim.

So where does that leave me?

Vote: Squidyj - One of the three names left from Mazre's list. Why not the other two? Mazre calls attention to Royal here, and Coppa actually does the same while pointing out Mazre's post (and the voting for me!).

Meanwhile, Squidyj wants the name of the person who was invited to Mazre's chat (me, so I may be being biased in hindsight). He even argues it can't hurt town. except we had just recently discovered the existence of a Scum player that didn't have access to Scum chat, and so didn't know who the person (me) was.

-----

Final thought. I'm not a fan of coincidence in this game, even though I was wrapped up in one so I know they happen. That said, does the list in this post look familiar?

ok rereading setre, I will put him as definite town since he roleclaimed doctor

so yes theres my read for setre

So my top 4 atm is

Absolutbro
squidyj
coppanuva
flush

Mazre's list, in the exact same order.

Sorian

Banned
With the pair of roleclaims since my last post I'll hold off on a full read list. I did want to go back to something Mazre said that Sorian touched on.

At Big Rico's pizza, Mazre confirmed to Sorian that he could invite 3 people total to his chat. At this point, he already had Sorian, so that meant Mazre had 2 choices left. He posited a list of 5 people with 2 alternates, and further suggested that he and Sorian should split this list:

Myself
Squidyj
Coppanuva
Royal_Flush
Fireblend

Possible alternates:
Ultrajay
TL21xx

I strongly believe that one (and likely only one) person on that list is a scum player - keep in mind that this is N1 and so at this point they don't know there is another killer in play.

What I found odd initially was that he suggested 5 people. They had both already invited one person, so how could they split a list of 5 people? Simple, he already knew (or at least was in discussion) that Fireblend would be killed that night, so neither of them could send that invite during the next day phase. I suspect he already knew because he repeats the same list of Myself, Squidyj, Coppanuva and Royal_Flush, in that order, in his reads post while putting Fireblend under "the rest"/no read:

Note that Sorian actually leads that list, and Sorian was his first invite.

That left a list of 4 people, a 2 person split per Gossip chat. I firmly believe that Mazre meant to convince Sorian to invite the scum on that list to Sorian's chat so Scum had eyes on it. He could do it simply by N2: invite a non-scum (me). Assuming Sorian went with the plan, that meant there was a 1-in-3 chance that the Scum player would be invited to Sorian's chat. Even if that person wasn't, the next night Mazre could simply pick the last remaining town on the list, leaving Sorian with a scum to invite.

Now, I know I'm non-scum, which leaves three names:

Squidyj
coppanuva
Royal_Flush

Given today's events, we'll have to come back to them but I wanted to get them out.

As to the claims so far in game:

Sorian: Claims gossip; believe 100%.

Razmos: Claims Man in the Tan Jacket. Not being subject to Power Roles is a bit of a mixed bag. It might protect you from Scum PRs, but it also means that Josie can't send an angel to protect him. That said, I struggle to believe this is a town PR. Not because of the character or anything, but simply because there will always tend to be more town PRs than scum PRs. Think of it this way: one of the confirmed scum PRs was a gossip invite that he would have been immune to. At best I feel like this is a neutral role. At best.

Seath: Claims Josh Crayton. Honestly it sounds a bit odd. IIRC, his first appearance in the podcast is when he grows a second head that his mother loves more than his original head. The idea of a role with random traits that possibly do things if you happen to be targeted just feels off. It seems like it would be a bit of extra work for Retro, for possibly little to no payoff at all. Especially as it seems to not have any active or controlled component to it. I mean, if it was just "I kill whoever kills me" I might be able to swallow it, but instead it's "random stuff happens then IF something happens to me, something else happens". Just seems a bit much.

TL21xx: Claimed John Peters, you know, the farmer. Did what he said he would do, as good as confirmed for me.

Setre: Claims Old Woman Josie. I believe Setre's claim.

So where does that leave me?

Vote: Squidyj - One of the three names left from Mazre's list. Why not the other two? Mazre calls attention to Royal here, and Coppa actually does the same while pointing out Mazre's post (and the voting for me!).

Meanwhile, Squidyj wants the name of the person who was invited to Mazre's chat (me, so I may be being biased in hindsight). He even argues it can't hurt town. except we had just recently discovered the existence of a Scum player that didn't have access to Scum chat, and so didn't know who the person (me) was.

-----

Final thought. I'm not a fan of coincidence in this game, even though I was wrapped up in one so I know they happen. That said, does the list in this post look familiar?

Mazre's list, in the exact same order.

Reading this entire post and so help me fucking god Flush, if gryvan and squidy are scum I am striking you down with the fury of a thousand suns. I'll turn town on you so fast that Scrafty will be jealous.

Anyway, some thoughts. You make a good point about Mazre giving me a list to choose from. And, honestly, I could believe that he planted one in there hoping I would trip the bomb and get my gossip chat tainted. I'm not going to talk on this more because it can get kind of hinty to what I ended up deciding to do in terms of invites to my chat but I don't believe there is scum in my gossip chat and I can say that with a good amount of confidence.

Before I post my thoughts on the current claims out there, Absolut, you misread Razmos' claim. He is not saying he is immune to power roles, he is claiming that he is only immune to power roles that can kill. Theoretically, a doctor would still be able to visit him, for example. I think it's interesting that you misread this but we'll see after Razmos' flip.

------------

Now for my thoughts on claims:

Setre - I think we have a doctor. Nothing has happened to make me think that anyone other than Setre is the doctor. He's dead if anyone ends up flipping doctor and, honestly, him not dying isn't really as suspicious as a first glance would make you think. If scum has a roleblocker or switcher then Setre is useless until that person is dead anyway. If they are even slightly worried about a watcher then they wouldn't have hit the doctor even with Mazre who maybe they thought was still redeemable. I mean, who knows how today would have gone without that day kill. So yeah, this is the doctor claim, the flavor makes sense, I buy it.

Seath - Get the fuck out of here with your lies for no reason. You're probably scared because I told the night/day killer to attack you. You even made it a point to say that they would probably be affected if they tried to visit you. The flavor makes sense but none of your role claim does nor do any of your actions when compared to what you said. You're trying to save your own hide and, at this point, you're better dead than alive. Love you man, but time is up on the fun times.

TL21xx- Claimed something, did it, good enough for me. Flavor makes sense, his breadcrumbs make sense, no counter claims on a role that I had always expected to be in the game (just the role name, not the powers). I would have actually believed John Peters was the lost partner based on some podcast spoilers but Retro goes out of his way in the flavor to say the lost partner is a female so nothing to see here, I think. John Peters should be night vale aligned.

Razmos - I believe he is the Man in the Tan Jacket. I do not believe that his role does what he says it does. I'll take it a step further and maybe even say that he might be the neutral we are looking for and that he can magically guard against. What a convenient claim to make and so oddly specific and generally useless to town overall. Personally, I don't think the Man in the Tan Jacket is Night Vale aligned, at least not if we are thinking in terms of early Night Vale storyline. Sorry Razmos, at best you are a neutral who has, admittedly, done town some good and at worst, you are scum. I'm going to give you one chance to tell us the truth about your role. Take it or leave it. No skin off my back. I have other leads to follow and your body is in the way anyway.

UltraJay

The Man in the Tan Jacket doesn't sound like a Town-aligned role at all. It sounds very familiar to the Faceless Old Lady, and look how that turned out. Not being able to be killed by a killing power role seems to be a bigger boon for scum than town. It certainly would have helped Mazre.

At this time, TL21x's power has been used and he is practically now a ordinary town. Unless he is a scum that has now avoided all suspicion after using that power.

Seath... I highly doubt that Retro would make a role with such a vague description. Random things happening? Are you responsible for the haiku curse?

Setre may be a doctor, but if he was scum he knew who was targeted and could just as easily say "I protected Sorian guys, that's why no one was killed" while knowing what really happened.

Sorian's power is pretty much confirmed from Mazre's death. Everything matches too clearly. Unless he was invited to Rico's and then killed Mazre. Highly unlikely.

Man, is it just me or is it hard to see bold on desktop night theme? On mobile night it sticks out like a sore thumb and it's easy to see on the light theme on desktop. It might be Microsoft edge or I may just need to read GAF at 25% zoom.

Razmos

Did you bother to breadcrumb your role at all during this game? It's fine if you didn't, I didn't really either except for making a comment about not believing in mountains which is just a thing that everyone at night vale radio doesn't believe in but it wasn't something huge I was going to fall back on because I didn't think claiming would be hard considering my role.

This is a question for Razmos by the way, no one else.
Sorry for replying to this so late, timezones ect, I was sleeping.

No I didn't, apart from mentioning that my role didn't have a title.

Before I post my thoughts on the current claims out there, Absolut, you misread Razmos' claim. He is not saying he is immune to power roles, he is claiming that he is only immune to power roles that can kill. Theoretically, a doctor would still be able to visit him, for example. I think it's interesting that you misread this but we'll see after Razmos' flip.

Crap, you're right, I did. So his power essentially becomes "I'm immune to the SK"; unless there is someone else out there with a kill power that we just don't know of (I doubt it, personally). Makes even less sense, imo.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Razmos (5)
ScraftyDevil .1311
Sorian .1323 .1398
Pop-O-Matic .1335
squidyj .1368
Sorian .1452 .1492
Karu .1483
Unmasked Ferret .1553

squidyj (5)
TL21xx .1491
Sorian .1492
Razmos .1509
gryvan .1544 .1546
gryvan .1546
AbsolutBro .1559

StanleyPalmtree (2)
UltraJay .1395
Sorian .1398 .1434
Seath .1407

Karu (1)
Coppanuva .1507

Seath (1)
Coppanuva .1394 .1507
Royal_Flush .1418
TL21xx .1457 .1491
gryvan .1543 .1544

AbsolutBro (0)
Coppanuva .1372 .1394

ScraftyDevil (0)
Sorian .1434 .1452

Coppanuva (0)
gryvan .1386 .1543

No active vote for Day 3:
Mike_Hawk689
Setre
StanleyPalmtree
Ty4on

Day 3 ends:
pin_1449252000.png

Karu

Setre - Inclined to believe.

Seath - I don't quite undertand what his role entails in its entirety nor do I understand why he claimed to begin with. He certainly wasn't in quite the dire situation as Razmos, but at the end of the day? .... Still unsure. Leaning towards lying in some shape or form but not necessarily being scum.

TL21xx - Claimed and confirmed.

Razmos - Claimed while being backed into a corner, leading questions lead to an answer, but soso. Will leave my vote on him for the moment, because it's not like he can prove it right now nor is it all that helpful to begin with because he will probably linger between scum and town for the rest of the game and it doesn't erase his suspicious behaviour not matter what.

Sorian - Still up for debate? Don't think so. Believing him.

Sorian

Banned
Sorry for replying to this so late, timezones ect, I was sleeping.

No I didn't, apart from mentioning that my role didn't have a title.

Really? Because, even joking around, I'd have a hard time forgetting if I made a post that basically had my role name in it:

The Man in the Tanner Jacket with a briefcase full of votes

I had to google what a Tanner was. I'm glad we don't have any of those in the games.

------------------------------------------

The four people that had votes on Razmos before he claimed: Scraty, Pop, Squidy, and Karu, how do you feel about your Razmos vote with what he is claiming now? I know Squidy has basically aired his thoughts and Karu just posted which I will read after posting this but I wanted to make my list exhaustive.

Sorian

Banned
Straight up shameless bump.

Aside from my question in my last post, I have nothing else to say except for where the fuck is Pop?

But hey, maybe if someone sees the thread icon turn orange, someone will show up.

Vote: Razmos

1.Don't believe that the character is town aligned. (Don't follow the podcasts)
2.The BP from neutrals doesn't feel townie, unless you have something else hiding under the jacket.
3. Either Raz or Squidyj has to go!

Coppanuva

Setre - Inclined to believe.

Seath - I don't quite undertand what his role entails in its entirety nor do I understand why he claimed to begin with. He certainly wasn't in quite the dire situation as Razmos, but at the end of the day? .... Still unsure. Leaning towards lying in some shape or form but not necessarily being scum.

TL21xx - Claimed and confirmed.

Razmos - Claimed while being backed into a corner, leading questions lead to an answer, but soso. Will leave my vote on him for the moment, because it's not like he can prove it right now nor is it all that helpful to begin with because he will probably linger between scum and town for the rest of the game and it doesn't erase his suspicious behaviour not matter what.

Sorian - Still up for debate? Don't think so. Believing him.

Any chance you can provide some of your top scum/town choices? I gather based on your vote and this post Razmos may move, but due to how little you post I need some info on how you're thinking. I asked for it yesterday and I'm going to assume you just overlooked my question with all the insanity and roleclaims going on, but I'd still like an answer from you.

The four people that had votes on Razmos before he claimed: Scraty, Pop, Squidy, and Karu, how do you feel about your Razmos vote with what he is claiming now? I know Squidy has basically aired his thoughts and Karu just posted which I will read after posting this but I wanted to make my list exhaustive.

I still like, think he's totally lying. His claim was like, suspect as hell.
I don't feel like squidy's bad, bee tee dubs, but like I guess that only time will tell.

Setre

Ferret, Pop, and Setre, what are your thoughts on a Razmos/Squidy lynch.?

Razmos seems more like scum to me than Squidy does.

Sorian - I believe him.

TL21xx - He used his power so I believe him.

Razmos - Don't believe him. Seems like a useless power to have and I don't see why it'd be in the game. He soft claimed early in this day phase and didn't reveal who/what he was until pushed further.

Seath - Feel the same way about his role claim as I do Razmos. Seems to have claimed for no reason other than trying to make it so the neutral doesn't target him.

Honestly' I'd rather we vote out Razmos and Seath and let the neutral kill Squidy. But whatever floats y'alls boat. I'll probably die this Night anyway.

Can we please turbo either squidyj or Razmos soon? This "at the end of day the top two people get voted out" thing is way too fragile for my liking.

And to not act against my own advice (Seath doesn't seem to be the one that gets turbod) I'll just
vote: Razmos
(And this breadcrumb incident Sorian dug up really was the last ditch needed to convince me)

Whoever has a vote on another candidate and thinks Razmos probably is scum, vote NOW instead of at the end of day. You can still push your other candidate (would be Seath in my case) after one lynch is locked. I'll go so far to say that stalling this any further is a scumtell.

As for the "game" we are playing right now:
- I already stated I see Sorian and TL21xx as confirmed town PRs.
- I don't know wtf Seath is thinking at all, but I fondly believe we have to check the hard way, the sooner the better.
- I didn't find Razmos' role claim that unbelievable. Depending on how central that day killer is (or if there are more than one) I could imagine a specific day kill immune player. But I can't really imagine that role being town aligned. And as stated above, the "Tanner" thing gave me the final push to call it a lie
- Noone counterclaimed Setre (which is a good thing. If you are a doctor and did not counterclaim: Good work), so I'll let him slide by for now. If he makes it to the final 10ish players we seriously should revisit him, tough.

Additional note: If for some reason the majority within the next couple of hours shifts towards squidyj, I urge the Razmos voters to just lock him in and then switch back to Razmos. At this point I care less which of those we lock than I fear that the "runner-up" scenario will blow up in our faces hard.

Sorian

Banned
A little too eager for my tastes but it is in line with what I want anyway so I'll let it slide for now.

VOTE: Razmos

Two votes left to turbo.

Tick-tock Razmos, you can still role claim for real and I'd be willing to come to bat for you if you aren't scum.

A little too eager for my tastes but it is in line with what I want anyway so I'll let it slide for now.

VOTE: Razmos

Two votes left to turbo.

Tick-tock Razmos, you can still role claim for real and I'd be willing to come to bat for you if you aren't scum.

btw, I forgot to tell you that that "fury of a thousand suns" bit is one of the most hilarious statement I've ever read. I literally laughed for several minutes. If we had signatures on gaf, it would be in there now. But we don't, so it's only my status on Outer GAFia.

Sorian

Banned
btw, I forgot to tell you that that "fury of a thousand suns" bit is one of the most hilarious statement I've ever read. I literally laughed for several minutes. If we had signatures on gaf, it would be in there now. But we don't, so it's only my status on Outer GAFia.

I'm going to go check outer gafia now, if it's not your status, I'll have to vote for you out of principle.

It was a great line! We all need fun humor in our lives!

Wasn't kidding though

Love you

squidyj

absolutbro what are you smoking? I'm scum because I had the train of thought that it would be a good idea for you to reveal yourself? the same thing sorian mentioned and you said you were going to do anyway?

Lets pretend I'm scum
I'm scum on the main scum team: I already know that you're in the chat and now I'm apparently trying to communicate this information to my lost partner, but I don't know what powers they would have if any so what's the point? if I believe you're killing my team am I going to tell something to the lost partner and hope they have an ability to deal with it? If I want you dealt with it's better to keep your identity secret because I would prefer it for scum to be the only ones visiting you tonight, and not, potentially, EVERYONE IN THE GAME.

I'm the lost partner: Mazre doesn't know I'm scum n1 and can't push a list with my name on it to infiltrate the gossip chats that early.

I also think it's unlikely that the lost partner would be fishing for your identity because they likely don't have a night action and even if they did using it on you on n3 would be risky for them.

So that leaves me being town or maybe neutral (i'm town). In this scenario Mazre likely put up a list of 'town reads', and felt that for credibility now and mind-games later on it would be best to suggest them as people to invite.

I'm not convinced that lynching razmos and myself today is the right play. I mean, what are you really doing? if you lynch me and razmos today and player x tomorrow, how do you generate more information and certainty in lynching player x tomorrow than lynching razmos and x today and me tomorrow? I feel like for most players we would lynch tomorrow we won't know much that's new.

I approve.

Were you at the character limit? It hurt to read without the "a" in front of thousand.

Didn't even notice it. It was cut right after "of", so I edited out the middle part and re-pasted the rest. Must have overlooked the "a". But now I had to remove my name to fit it in (or remove some spaces, but that looked quite awkward). Well, priorities, I guess :D

Sorian

Banned
I'm not convinced that lynching razmos and myself today is the right play. I mean, what are you really doing? if you lynch me and razmos today and player x tomorrow, how do you generate more information and certainty in lynching player x tomorrow than lynching razmos and x today and me tomorrow? I feel like for most players we would lynch tomorrow we won't know much that's new.

Was this last part at me or still at bro?

Karu

Any chance you can provide some of your top scum/town choices? I gather based on your vote and this post Razmos may move, but due to how little you post I need some info on how you're thinking. I asked for it yesterday and I'm going to assume you just overlooked my question with all the insanity and roleclaims going on, but I'd still like an answer from you.
Didn't see that at all so yeah, here we go...

Town - Sorian, TL
Leaning Town - You, UltraJay, Setre, Ty4on - Convincing argueing and or role claim, good presence, Ty4on depends on haiku-source, but overall seems like he hangs in there.

+ absoluteBro due to the whole chat-thing and Sorian reiterating that he thinks he's town.

In the middle At this point we enter the "gut"-zone. With my spotty memory in mind I could have misplaced some developments here, but either way. Wouldn't put to much weight on whether a person landed in the one or the other category, but overall it is what it is.
towards Town - gryvan, Royal, Ferret, Pop
towards Scum - squidyj, Scrafty, Stanley

Scrafty also depends on haiku-source. As mentioned again and again she seems always a bit off to be me. Especially Royal, Pop and gryvan are moving around in my personal blind spot at least right now, so yeah.

Leaning Scum - Razmos, Mike - Razmos, yeah, answered above. Mike is one of those guys with constant weird comments and such.

Seath the wild card right now. Leaning towards town though, the panic-explanation for his role-claim seems reasonable to me.

absolutbro what are you smoking? I'm scum because I had the train of thought that it would be a good idea for you to reveal yourself? the same thing sorian mentioned and you said you were going to do anyway?

>snipped pretty accurate discussion of non partner mechanics<

Sorry, that all wasn't as clear as it should have been. There are only a few people on the viable list of lynch targets tonight. Only one of those matches up with a list that I suspect contains one scum member. The desire for me to out myself, while inline with what I was going to do anyway, just stands out from the actions of the other two people on the list.

My planning to out myself had nothing to do with Sorian's suggestion or your followup, but was instead me simply not caring that my name be kept secret, nor having any good way to argue with Sorian about keeping myself secret since the chat is closed until Night phase anyway. I could keep quiet, which many would almost certainly see as scummy, or I could risk the one non-chat scum person having a power. That was my decision to make.

Overall, I'm less certain of Razmos than I am of you. I agree the strength of my argument against you is very circumstantial. That said, I remain pretty convinced one of the three of you is scum. You're welcome to try to convince me it's one of the other two. In the mean time.

Sorian

Banned
One more vote locks Razmos in as lynch number one.

Sorry, that all wasn't as clear as it should have been. There are only a few people on the viable list of lynch targets tonight. Only one of those matches up with a list that I suspect contains one scum member. The desire for me to out myself, while inline with what I was going to do anyway, just stands out from the actions of the other two people on the list.

My planning to out myself had nothing to do with Sorian's suggestion or your followup, but was instead me simply not caring that my name be kept secret, nor having any good way to argue with Sorian about keeping myself secret since the chat is closed until Night phase anyway. I could keep quiet, which many would almost certainly see as scummy, or I could risk the one non-chat scum person having a power. That was my decision to make.

Overall, I'm less certain of Razmos than I am of you. I agree the strength of my argument against you is very circumstantial. That said, I remain pretty convinced one of the three of you is scum. You're welcome to try to convince me it's one of the other two. In the mean time.

Just for the bolded and this is to make sure that everyone is on the same page. Squidy and I both recommended outing you as the other Big Rico person at the same time. If we go by time stamp, Squidy actually brought it up first but I was typing up my post when his got posted so it was basically simultaneous.

Sorian

Banned
Hey Seath, Stanley, or TL21xx

One of you three should be the last one to hammer Razmos.

I mean, anyone can, obviously, but maybe a lynch bomb could answer some lingering questions. I'm not actually worried about him being a lynch bomb though so don't sit on your hands if anyone else is ready to hammer.

Kevyt

Well I agree with you Sorian...

Also, I'm sorry I haven't been very active or haven't answered all questions. My internet is finally working again.

Yes, I did panic role claim because Sorian is always coming after me... :(

Yes, I did sort of made my role useless, but ugh... mistakes happen. I am sorry. :'(

I guess there's not much to say, other than seeing how Razmos shot himself in the foot. I am so sorry for voting for you Razmos if you're not scum.

But...

Unvote: stanleypalmtree

[HIGHTLIGHT]Vote: Razmos

Please forgive me Razmos if you're not scum. D:

Kevyt

Well I agree with you Sorian...

Also, I'm sorry I haven't been very active or haven't answered all questions. My internet is finally working again.

Yes, I did panic role claim because Sorian is always coming after me... :(

Yes, I did sort of made my role useless, but ugh... mistakes happen. I am sorry. :'(

I guess there's not much to say, other than seeing how Razmos shot himself in the foot. I am so sorry for voting for you Razmos if you're not scum.

But...

Unvote: stanleypalmtree

[HIGHTLIGHT]Vote: Razmos

Please forgive me Razmos if you're not scum. D:

Edit:

well now it should be working.

Sowwy Raz! I:

Sorian

Banned
what exactly do you mean by him being a lynch bomb? im unfamiliar with the term.

A traditional scum role. The last person to vote for the lynched player dies along with them. Seath got it though. 10 votes is a majority, Razmos is locked in. Sorry man.

Vote removed per Palmer

Edit:

well now it should be working.

Sowwy Raz! I:

Thank you.

Glad we did this before midnight (Central Europe), so I can now go to sleep and put my vote on either squidyj, Seath or some new candidate who outs himself as scum in the meantime (I doubt that'll happen)

I want to note that I still have a bad gut feeling about Mike. We now know that he wasn't "framed" by the Mafia, so that plus point is gone. He behaved less odd than on D1 recently, but still...

razmos (10)
scraftydevil 1311
sorian 1323 (1398)
pop-o-matic 1335
squidyj 1368
sorian 1452 (1492)
karu 1483
unmasked ferret 1553
mike_hawk689 1568
royal_flush 1572
sorian 1574
absolutbro 1582
seath 1587

absolutbro (0)
coppanuva 1372 (1394)

coppanuva (0)
gryvan 1386 (1543)

seath (0)
coppanuva 1394 (1507)
royal_flush 1418 (1572)
tl21xx 1457 (1491)
gryvan 1543 (1544)

stanleypalmtree (1)
ultrajay 1395
sorian 1398 (1434)
seath 1407 (1586)

scraftydevil (0)
sorian 1434 (1452)

squidyj (3)
tl21xx 1491
sorian 1492 (1574)
razmos 1509
gryvan 1546
absolutbro 1559 (1582)

karu (1)
coppanuva 1507

squidgy (0)
gryvan 1544 (1546)

Palmer_v1

The Razmos votes are locked in until the end of the day!

Everyone else can continue voting for a second lynch candidate.

The program doesn't know to stop counting, so do not change any of your votes if you are currently voting for Razmos!

The program doesn't know to stop counting, so do not change any of your votes if you are currently voting for Razmos!

Wait, we aren't allowed to vote on the second lynch?!

Sorian

Banned

Whoa, that's not what I signed up for, hold up, I thought Retro said we were allowed to move votes off once the first person is locked in

*hunting through thread*

Top Bottom