• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

got it:
Today, the town will have an opportunity to lynch two targets. At the end of the day, the top two targets with the most votes will both be lynched. If one target reaches majority, (or any other action occurs that would normally end the day phase,) then that target will be "locked in" and will die at the end of the day. If a second target reaches majority or is otherwise "locked in," the day will end. A tie vote for first place will result in both parties being lynched. A tie vote for second will result in a no-lynch, and only the top lynch will occur.

The cursive can't happen if you lock the people to the vote, so I guess that's not what Retro intended.

Sorian

Banned
got it:

The cursive can't happen if you lock the people to the vote, so I guess that's not what Retro intended.

Yeah, there we go, what Flush said Palmer.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Fireblend

Banned
if-m-night-shyamalan-directed-iron-man-3-would-fans-still-like-it-m-night-shyamalan-343932.jpg

Palmer_v1

I'm talking to Retro about it to make sure this was his intent, and it is.

Majority was reached on Razmos, so he's locked in along with all of those votes until the end of the day.

The second lynch target now needs a majority of 5, since there are 8 votes remaining.

Deal with it

Sorian

Banned
While Palmer figures that out.

Re-quoting that statement just so people know what I'm responding to then.

I'm not convinced that lynching razmos and myself today is the right play. I mean, what are you really doing? if you lynch me and razmos today and player x tomorrow, how do you generate more information and certainty in lynching player x tomorrow than lynching razmos and x today and me tomorrow? I feel like for most players we would lynch tomorrow we won't know much that's new.

I know I'm being vague and I am going to keep being vague but you are very far off the mark from what I am trying to do. I'm not trying to get a theoretical player x lynched in this scenario.

so if 10 people have to stick with their votes on Raz, leavin us with 9 votes left 'free', would that mean 5 votes on someone else is now a majority on them?

Palmer_v1

Thank you.

Glad we did this before midnight (Central Europe), so I can now go to sleep and put my vote on either squidyj, Seath or some new candidate who outs himself as scum in the meantime (I doubt that'll happen)

I want to note that I still have a bad gut feeling about Mike. We now know that he wasn't "framed" by the Mafia, so that plus point is gone. He behaved less odd than on D1 recently, but still...

razmos (10)
scraftydevil 1311
sorian 1323 (1398)
pop-o-matic 1335
squidyj 1368
sorian 1452 (1492)
karu 1483
unmasked ferret 1553
mike_hawk689 1568
royal_flush 1572
sorian 1574
absolutbro 1582
seath 1587

This was the accurate vote count for Razmos, correct?

Sorian

Banned

Majority was reached on Razmos, so he's locked in along with all of those votes until the end of the day.

The second lynch target now needs a majority of 5, since there are 8 votes remaining.

Deal with it

Psh, Retro needs to be more clear in the future, he only said a lynch target was locked in, he said nothing about voters being locked in too. I also brought up this plan more than once, he could have maybe said it didn't work that way since he was around :mad:

Well this is some shit.

Deal with it

Shit. If anyone voted only for Razmos because of my speech, I want to apologize for this mistake. But as a defense: I obviously was not the only one who thought it worked the way I thought it would.

Coppanuva

...Well SHIT. That sucks, but I do still want to hear opinions from you all. There's still quite a few players with votes freed, and is seems like we have 2 main targets people were planning on voting on: Seath or Squidy. My vote is still unlocked, and I'm not letting this second vote end in a tie. I'm not sure where I'm leaning right now, but I WILL vote on someone as it gets closer.

Also, since Karu answered my question, removing my vote from him. I figured it was just overlooking it (since there was a lot going on to respond to), but I did want it answered.

Unvote

Sorian

Banned
so if 10 people have to stick with their votes on Raz, leavin us with 9 votes left 'free', would that mean 5 votes on someone else is now a majority on them?

8 voters are free but yes. As an aside, Razmos also still has a vote.

This was the accurate vote count for Razmos, correct?

Yes, I also moved my vote back but obviously now it shows up as last on the list. I was NOT the hammer though in case that matters.

Sorian

Banned
...Well SHIT. That sucks, but I do still want to hear opinions from you all. There's still quite a few players with votes freed, and is seems like we have 2 main targets people were planning on voting on: Seath or Squidy. My vote is still unlocked, and I'm not letting this second vote end in a tie. I'm not sure where I'm leaning right now, but I WILL vote on someone as it gets closer.

Also, since Karu answered my question, removing my vote from him. I figured it was just overlooking it (since there was a lot going on to respond to), but I did want it answered.

Unvote

Might want to be more conservative with pressure votes since we only have 8 voting bodies left. Don't be a Blarg :p

Just because you can't vote doesn't mean you can't sway conversation so those locked on Razmos, this isn't an excuse to just disappear until day 4.

Palmer_v1

Psh, Retro needs to be more clear in the future, he only said a lynch target was locked in, he said nothing about voters being locked in too. I also brought up this plan more than once, he could have maybe said it didn't work that way since he was around :mad:

Well this is some shit.

To be fair, I knew about this like a day ago and was quite maliciously looking forward to your consternation on the reveal.

Don't make assumptions!

Might want to be more conservative with pressure votes since we only have 8 voting bodies left. Don't be a Blarg :p

Just because you can't vote doesn't mean you can't sway conversation so those locked on Razmos, this isn't an excuse to just disappear until day 4.

You know what's an excuse: It being past midnight and me having to get up in the morning. See you 4-5 hours before the deadline. Until then: Good Night, Night Vale, Good Night.

Sorian

Banned
Palmer is slow responding to PMs and Retro is watching thread now anyway, should I go edit my posts so that the vote tool reads correctly? I changed my vote off of Razmos right away when he hit majority. Question to Palmer or Retro, whoever works.

Palmer_v1

Palmer is slow responding to PMs and Retro is watching thread now anyway, should I go edit my posts so that the vote tool reads correctly? I changed my vote off of Razmos right away when he hit majority. Question to Palmer or Retro, whoever works.

Sure, go ahead. Retro's in a moving vehicle at the moment so not sure you'll get much out of him. Hitchhiking has certain obligations and implications.

Sorian

Banned
Sure, go ahead. Retro's in a moving vehicle at the moment so not sure you'll get much out of him. Hitchhiking has certain obligations and implications.

There you go, tool is reading right now.

---------

I'm going to slap you chucklefucks if we lose a Seath or Squidy lynch because of this.

Palmer_v1

Why are you guys all mean to retro? Don't be mean to retro :mad:

It's my decision anyway. He gave me carte blanche!

More seriously though, the point of a double lynch is not to effectively give town two mini day phases with full votes. Your plan would have given all Razmos voters an extra vote.

squidyj

While Palmer figures that out.

Re-quoting that statement just so people know what I'm responding to then.

I know I'm being vague and I am going to keep being vague but you are very far off the mark from what I am trying to do. I'm not trying to get a theoretical player x lynched in this scenario.

that's not what I'm implying at all, I'm not saying you have a target, I'm saying whoever you would choose tomorrow may as well be today's lynch target and it works out better for town.

Sorian

Banned
that's not what I'm implying at all, I'm not saying you have a target, I'm saying whoever you would choose tomorrow may as well be today's lynch target and it works out better for town.

That is certainly debatable. I don't really have anyone for tomorrow though. It's really just you and Seath until I can see the Razmos flip and I would prefer to see your flip first/give you a proper chance to defend yourself because I'm hoping that the other killer will do me a solid and go for Seath and obviously whoever that killer goes for will not be able to defend themselves (plus Seath pretty much has done whatever his defense would be).

Coppanuva

To be fair, I knew about this like a day ago and was quite maliciously looking forward to your consternation on the reveal.

Don't make assumptions!

Oh man I bet you were, the spec thread must be going wild about this right now (I know I would).

Of course, my pressure vote isn't going on anything that could even come close to a majority right now. That said, I still expect people to answer my questions regardless of whether or not my vote is on you.

So with that in mine... IT'S ULTRA NIGHT VALE MAFIA 3: ARCADE EDITION 2015 VER. time!

First off the people who can still vote right now:

StanleyPalmtree
UltraJay
TL21xx
Ty4on
Razmos
Coppanuva
Setre
gryvan

Seath and Squidy are the 2 candidates that I'm primarily considering, barring any huge slipups. I'm still thinking through exactly what I need to know, but I do have a few questions for people who've locked their votes in for now.

Mike: You said you were of the opinion that either Razmos or Squidy had to go today. You have half your wish, what's your proposed action here?

Setre: You mentioned you thought it would be better to try to have our neutral kill squidy right? Why? You didn't provide a ton of reasoning so it's pretty hard to get a feel on it.

Coppanuva

Squidy and Seath: You're the ones fighting for your lives here (in a nice twist you both have your votes locked up and can't defend yourselves numerically). Why shouldn't I vote for you?

Razmos

Well this is an interesting predicament since I'm technically already dead
02f.png

I'm keeping my vote on Squidyj.

I probably won't get to post again until just before the end of the day phase, so I'm curious as to how the next 17 hours are going to play out.

Sorian

Banned
02f.png

I probably won't get to post again until just before the end of the day phase, so I'm curious as to how the next 17 hours are going to play out.

Sorry for your death, want to reveal your lies while we wait?

Coppanuva

02f.png

Info dump us. Everything you have to say, everything about your role, info you have.

RetroMG

I apologize for the confusion regarding how votes work, and agree that it should have been clearer. I'll know better for next time than to assume you are all reading my mind.

However, this is how it is going to work. Votes for Razmos are locked in. This is not two day phases, it is one day phase with two lynches. The decision is final.

Carry on.

Almost to my hotel. Take it away, Palmer..

Coppanuva

Because I want to live.

MApxuWD.gif

...My love for Cygnet Committee is making this a believable target so..

[highli-

No. You seriously have no arguments to make for why you should go on? Why? Keep in mind this choice isn't strictly between you and Squidy, if you can show me a good reason to lynch someone else if you think that's better, fair point.

wait I already voted o_O

Your vote is on Squidy right now, which is fine if that's where you intend it to be. However it's not locked there, only people who voted on Razmos are locked in there and cannot move their vote for the remainder of the day. You, along with the other 7 people in the list I posted above (I believe I did it correctly), can still vote and choose our second target.

That said, people who are voting on Squidy and are not currently 100% committed to voting for him right now may want to consider removing their votes. A turbo is only 5 votes right now, he's at 3. We have 4 people without votes out, and Ultrajay has a vote on Stanley. I'm not getting us into a turbo with this many hours left on the clock, and I don't think we should.

I jest.

Let's "fake vote" and make the reminding citizens vote for that person.

You absolutely should 100% be inciting conversation and responding. I have questions out to people with their votes locked in. I may not be willing to vote for them right this second, but I will still take not answering them as anti-town behavior, regardless of whether or not your vote is locked in.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Razmos (10) - LOCKED
ScraftyDevil .1311
Sorian .1323 .1398
Pop-O-Matic .1335
squidyj .1368
Sorian .1452 .1492
Karu .1483
Unmasked Ferret .1553
Mike_Hawk689 .1568
Royal_Flush .1572
Sorian .1574
AbsolutBro .1582
Seath .1587

squidyj (3)
TL21xx .1491
Sorian .1492 .1574
Razmos .1509
gryvan .1544 .1546
gryvan .1546
AbsolutBro .1559 .1582

StanleyPalmtree (1)
UltraJay .1395
Sorian .1398 .1434
Seath .1407 .1586

Seath (0)
Coppanuva .1394 .1507
Royal_Flush .1418 .1572
TL21xx .1457 .1491
gryvan .1543 .1544

AbsolutBro (0)
Coppanuva .1372 .1394

Karu (0)
Coppanuva .1507 .1616

Coppanuva (0)
gryvan .1386 .1543

ScraftyDevil (0)
Sorian .1434 .1452

No active vote for Day 3:
Coppanuva (has previously voted)
Setre
StanleyPalmtree
Ty4on

Day 3 ends:
pin_1449252000.png

Setre

Setre: You mentioned you thought it would be better to try to have our neutral kill squidy right? Why? You didn't provide a ton of reasoning so it's pretty hard to get a feel on it.

Well if Seath's claim is real won't his power role potentially harm our neutral? Better to vote Seath out in that case and have the neutral kill Squidy. This is just me being cautious in case Seath does have a power role.

Top Bottom