• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Well if Seath's claim is real won't his power role potentially harm our neutral? Better to vote Seath out in that case and have the neutral kill Squidy. This is just me being cautious in case Seath does have a power role.

This is good to consider. Also we don't know the day killers requirements and own personal reason for targeting who they target so there's no guarantee they'll do what we want.

Kevyt

Well if Seath's claim is real won't his power role potentially harm our neutral? Better to vote Seath out in that case and have the neutral kill Squidy. This is just me being cautious in case Seath does have a power role.

What makes you think the neutral role player is in our side?

Setre

This is good to consider. Also we don't know the day killers requirements and own personal reason for targeting who they target so there's no guarantee they'll do what we want.

What makes you think the neutral role player is in our side?

Both fair points but Sorian is willing to gamble that they are willing to do what we say. If they don't then we at least know that they aren't on our side and that's something.

Sorian

Banned
Both fair points but Sorian is willing to gamble that they are willing to do what we say. If they don't then we at least know that they aren't on our side and that's something.

I don't think neutrals are the boogeymen that a lot of Gafia thinks they are. I've seen both the scum and town win condition. Like I've said before, it looks like they can win with either side but the town win condition seems to favor neutrals more than the scum one IMO. Past that, this killer, assuming that the command is sent in at night, has done nothing anti-town so far. Boo was a fine kill to take out someone who was in the background as of N1 and Mazre was a super pro-town kill if it is someone who can see gossip chat. We are also all assuming that this killer is neutral but we don't actually know they aren't just a town-aligned vig.

I'm not really taking Seath seriously so I'm really not worried about our killing buddy tripping over anything with Seath.

Sorian

Banned
Based on what I've seen so far, I'm thinking the killer, if neutral, just has a win condition to kill x number of players and then they win, kind of like robin hood from the Archer game. Just a hunch but our neutral might not mind just listening and getting their win.

Coppanuva

Fair point. I personally think he's lying, but I could see the neutral being more hesitant to kill him than Squidy.

No, there's not, but the more they piss off town the worse it gets for them.

Anyhow, I spent some time studying all of Squidy's posts. The most notable things:

After some discussion about the random weel, he starts Day 1 claiming that either Trigger or Razmos were scum based on separate reads. He also followed it up by saying he thought one of: Boo Boo'n, Sorian, or UltraJay were scum. His argument for Razmos/Trigger seemed to be that they postd a lot of fluff but not much else to be seen without contributing anything. The other group was due to some bandwagoning and coincidences he saw going on.

Squidy ended a day with some reads and noted: Trigger and Razmos seemed scum. He backed off on there being a scum in the circle of 3, but said if there was 1 he thought it was probably Boo.

Day 2 Squidy is a lot less verbose. He talked al ot about the Haiku power, said he didn't think scum would kill Boo (we thought the day kill was maybe a scum power then).

Squidy came back day 3 and tunneled hard on Razmos. Those are the most notable things he made in terms of aggression.

Ultimately, I'm not sure what questions I even have for Squidy. I want to know what his defense is, and why we shouldn't lynch him. If not him, then who? Most of his lynch targets have been killed already, since he didn't talk too much in the second half of Day 2 and he spent a lot of today bussing Razmos. Ugh I'm going to have to think this one over night...

squidyj

Fair point. I personally think he's lying, but I could see the neutral being more hesitant to kill him than Squidy.

No, there's not, but the more they piss off town the worse it gets for them.

Anyhow, I spent some time studying all of Squidy's posts. The most notable things:

After some discussion about the random weel, he starts Day 1 claiming that either Trigger or Razmos were scum based on separate reads. He also followed it up by saying he thought one of: Boo Boo'n, Sorian, or UltraJay were scum. His argument for Razmos/Trigger seemed to be that they postd a lot of fluff but not much else to be seen without contributing anything. The other group was due to some bandwagoning and coincidences he saw going on.

Squidy ended a day with some reads and noted: Trigger and Razmos seemed scum. He backed off on there being a scum in the circle of 3, but said if there was 1 he thought it was probably Boo.

Day 2 Squidy is a lot less verbose. He talked al ot about the Haiku power, said he didn't think scum would kill Boo (we thought the day kill was maybe a scum power then).

Squidy came back day 3 and tunneled hard on Razmos. Those are the most notable things he made in terms of aggression.

Ultimately, I'm not sure what questions I even have for Squidy. I want to know what his defense is, and why we shouldn't lynch him. If not him, then who? Most of his lynch targets have been killed already, since he didn't talk too much in the second half of Day 2 and he spent a lot of today bussing Razmos. Ugh I'm going to have to think this one over night...

I was gone and not really in a position to play in the back half of day 2.
The problem you have with questioning me is the problem I have with defending myself, there hasn't been much if anything concrete for me to counter or to argue against, I'm town, I feel like I've been on the back foot for a good part of this day, practically ever since we got done discussing the night kill and the setup of the gossip chats.

It doesn't help that a lot of discussion has been very focused on razmos and myself and then seath when he did... whatever it was that he did. Right now I mostly have town reads right now, so I look at the holes in my awareness and they come up as stanley, gryvan, karu, and pop, not to say that I think everyone else is super town but I come to these names and I have a very difficult time forming an opinion. Mike and Seath are, to me, somewhat suspicious, in spite of my earlier town reads on Mike, but it's far from a hard feeling, neither one feels right as scum, they're just doing and saying some really weird, really silly stuff that makes them stand out in a not good way.

I think you shouldn't lynch me because it wouldnt be the best play for town. Also I'm reasonably well spoken . We don't want nightvale to be overrun with illiterate halfwits do we?

Squidy who do you think is the best option for the second lynch then? Is it just Seath, or do you feel like one of the others on your list should be a higher priority?

TL21xx

Banned
OK guys, I'm about to hit the sack, and may not be up until the day phase is over. It really is down to Squidy and Seath at this point in my mind. I'm really on edge with this, because if Seath's claim is legit, then he's full on dead weight at this point. At the same time, I just can't shake this feeling about Squidy. I'm gonna leave my vote on Squidyj, and recommend a turbo on him or Seath. I will try to check in before the day is up to make sure we get a hammer. We are not wasting our second lynch.

squidyj

It's too late to Investigate someone during this day phase and since I don't have a sickread on any of them as yet I don't think it's necessarily better than just getting rid of seath. He might not be scum which would be bad, but everything he does throws off so much fud we'll be better off with him gone.

Setre

I probably won't be around to see the end of this Day so I'll go ahead and vote now.

Vote: squidyj

I'm still in favor of seeing Seath go as our second lynch but he has no votes on him right now. I doubt much will change in the next 6 hours and nothing I say will probably change peoples minds. Anyway, Coppa and Sorian are confident Seath is lying about his claim, hopefully our neutral is willing to trust them like I am.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Razmos (10) - LOCKED
ScraftyDevil .1311
Sorian .1323 .1398
Pop-O-Matic .1335
squidyj .1368
Sorian .1452 .1492
Karu .1483
Unmasked Ferret .1553
Mike_Hawk689 .1568
Royal_Flush .1572
Sorian .1574
AbsolutBro .1582
Seath .1587

squidyj (4)
TL21xx .1491
Sorian .1492 .1574
Razmos .1509
gryvan .1544 .1546
gryvan .1546
AbsolutBro .1559 .1582
Setre .1663

StanleyPalmtree (1)
UltraJay .1395
Sorian .1398 .1434
Seath .1407 .1586

Seath (0)
Coppanuva .1394 .1507
Royal_Flush .1418 .1572
TL21xx .1457 .1491
gryvan .1543 .1544

AbsolutBro (0)
Coppanuva .1372 .1394

Karu (0)
Coppanuva .1507 .1616

Coppanuva (0)
gryvan .1386 .1543

ScraftyDevil (0)
Sorian .1434 .1452

No active vote for Day 3:
Coppanuva (has previously voted)
StanleyPalmtree
Ty4on

Day 3 ends:
pin_1449252000.png

Ty4on

I have to go to work soon, but it looks like squidyj will be the second lynch. I'm curious what Raz and squidyj's take on Pop, Scrafty, Ferret, Mike, gryvan, UltraJay and Stanley is.
It doesn't help that a lot of discussion has been very focused on razmos and myself and then seath when he did... whatever it was that he did. Right now I mostly have town reads right now, so I look at the holes in my awareness and they come up as stanley, gryvan, karu, and pop, not to say that I think everyone else is super town but I come to these names and I have a very difficult time forming an opinion. Mike and Seath are, to me, somewhat suspicious, in spite of my earlier town reads on Mike, but it's far from a hard feeling, neither one feels right as scum, they're just doing and saying some really weird, really silly stuff that makes them stand out in a not good way.
If you have something new that is.
Well wow two lynches today, I almost forgot about it.
After those two, how high up is Seath on everybody's lists? I can't make up my mind so he's both number one and two :S

I think his lynch can give us something. With my track record that means he's just an ordinary -_-

Sorian

Banned
I think you shouldn't lynch me because it wouldnt be the best play for town. Also I'm reasonably well spoken . We don't want nightvale to be overrun with illiterate halfwits do we?

This is really the only thing giving me slight pause but being well spoken doesn't stop someone from being scum. Ignoring my secondary reasoning for now and honestly, others can as well, people have been getting scum vibes from you throughout. Really, off the top of my head, the only person who got a real town vibe from you days 1 and 2 was Mazre which really means nothing.

You've ramped up a lot today but like you said, it's because you've been on the defensive. That, in itself, isn't really the best look in the world, it was my problem with Ferret on day 1 (a little bit less so day 2 but he's been kind of disappearing again), being in the background when you aren't the center of attention and being front and center when suspicion is starting to turn on you.

Palmer_v1

I'll be somewhat busy until about an hour before deadline. If majority is hit before then, the day will end immediately, but I won't be able to post the fluff and such until around the deadline.

UltraJay

Vote:Seath

I'd rather get rid of the useless players. Town or scum... Seath isn't helping.

So yeah, I have work on Saturdays so just like last time I won't be able to check this place (well maybe on my breaks) for like... 20 hours from now? I won't be back until then.

I'm going to be in... Mira for the foreseeable future.

Sorian

Banned
This is really the only thing giving me slight pause but being well spoken doesn't stop someone from being scum. Ignoring my secondary reasoning for now and honestly, others can as well, people have been getting scum vibes from you throughout. Really, off the top of my head, the only person who got a real town vibe from you days 1 and 2 was Mazre which really means nothing.

You've ramped up a lot today but like you said, it's because you've been on the defensive. That, in itself, isn't really the best look in the world, it was my problem with Ferret on day 1 (a little bit less so day 2 but he's been kind of disappearing again), being in the background when you aren't the center of attention and being front and center when suspicion is starting to turn on you.

Something else I meant to add to this but I had to start getting ready for work so I felt rushed.

Squidy, you keep saying that it would be better if we lynch someone else today and then come back to (and possibly lynch) you tomorrow. This does not sound like the line of logic from someone who is trying prove their innocence. This sounds like the line of logic from someone trying to get one more action off tonight and usually is a malicious line of logic in my experience.

Sorian

Banned

Coppanuva

I'm still undecided, but I think I'm leaning slightly towards Squidy right now, though really I think I'm ok with either.

Seath: I don't believe his claim at all, and he hasn't cooperated with answering questions. His "defense" was basically "I don't want to be lynched" which is terrible. That said, most of the people I can think of interacting with him were not defending him any, and he hasn't really been as much a factor as Squidy.

Squidy: He at least cooperated and provided some defense, which I definitely appreciate. Oddly enough, the 2 people he proposed as slightly scummy would be who I would have listed. It's a very safe list in my eyes, but it's also the obvious one to me. Admittedly he hasn't stuck out to me quite as scummy as he has to other players, but his playstyle has certainly been erratic, and I ultimately think we may gain more knowledge from his lynch than Seath's. I'm also wary about the whole "Give me one more night!" play, since I've seen it be used by scum before, and I'm a bit worried about that.

I'm not placing a vote down right now though, I don't want to turbo anyone quite yet. I'll probably place one down closer to deadline (~15 minutes is my guess).

Also Mike, I asked you a question earlier (pretty quickly after the vote lock happened), what's your opinion here?

Ty4on

I'm not against asquid vote, but it feels kind of redundant when we've already voted out Razmos.

If I'm available I may make a vote just before the deadline, but I most likely I won't be available.

Kevyt

By all means, please lynch me y'all. I guess I kind of am useless and haven't been helpful at all.

I am town sided but I guess that doesn't matter given that I've played like scum and haven't haven't contributed much.

My only request is that all of you look closely into today's voting record.

Thank you all~

Mike: You said you were of the opinion that either Razmos or Squidy had to go today. You have half your wish, what's your proposed action here?

I can't vote so... Lol
But i'd push more on squidyj, although it is almost the deadline, idk if squidyj will be able to give information that can save him, and i doubt we can have enough votes switched to another person. If we let squidyj, i would now go against the lower posters. We have been through a couple of weeks now and being inactive or not contributing to the discussion is not good. (Which i havent much this day phase.. Damn targeting myself) It's pretty much how I survived as a new gafia player and scum on Archer. Lay low and survive, but this isn't the case!

Coppanuva

I can't vote so... Lol
But i'd push more on squidyj, although it is almost the deadline, idk if squidyj will be able to give information that can save him, and i doubt we can have enough votes switched to another person. If we let squidyj, i would now go against the lower posters. We have been through a couple of weeks now and being inactive or not contributing to the discussion is not good. (Which i havent much this day phase.. Damn targeting myself) It's pretty much how I survived as a new gafia player and scum on Archer. Lay low and survive, but this isn't the case!

Oh I know you can't, like I said, I want people participating and giving opinions on what should be done now still. Granted it's like... 30 minutes from EOD so it's a bit late on that front.

Squidy, are you here around Deadline? Or is that your last defense? This feels odd without a last minute roleclaim... That said, regardless of who we lynch today, I'm starting tomorrow questioning people who've been laying low, there's far too many of them still.

Sorian

Banned
Oh I know you can't, like I said, I want people participating and giving opinions on what should be done now still. Granted it's like... 30 minutes from EOD so it's a bit late on that front.

Squidy, are you here around Deadline? Or is that your last defense? This feels odd without a last minute roleclaim... That said, regardless of who we lynch today, I'm starting tomorrow questioning people who've been laying low, there's far too many of them still.

A part of me is thinking that it is weird how Squidy was one vote away from a turbo and he can't be scum if so many voters were on him but that logic doesn't really work without knowing what Razmos is. For all we know, the whole scum team might be locked up vote wise over there because Raz was the inno one and Squidy was the scum.

I'm going to flip a table if neither of them are scum and I will place my entire reading capability into doubt.

Sorian and coppa. Do you really want squidyj to die though?
Is there anyone else?
Answer quick! Im going underground again should be back at :50 lol

Coppanuva

Is there anyone else?

I want someone dead, I'm not wasting the second lynch. Like I said, I'm not 100% sold on him, but I also think we stand to gain the most from his flip, and I'm wary of his "Lynch me tomorrow instead!" defense, partially because town got burned by that move last game I played.

It's weird though how neither of them seem to distrust the other. Admittedly Seath's defense was "I don't want to die" and then "I'm just bad townie, lynch me instead", but Squidy didn't seem to particularly distrust Seath and want him dead. I just think it's weird.

Other people I find suspicious:
Off the top of my head you've been a bit, and there's one other behavioral tendency I want to look at tomorrow. I'll discuss it more when they've started moving tomorrow, they're not a candidate I can look up enough dirt on to swing votes to right now. Otherwise, I don't have a solid enough read for me to feel like lynching them is more valuable than the information we can glean from either lynching Seath or Squidy.

Sorian

Banned
Is there anyone else?

Really, anyone that we take out today that has been suspicious will be fine for this second slot. My push for Squidy is because it will answer all of my current outstanding questions and I can go into N3 fresh.

Coppanuva

Welp... vote time since this still won't turbo. I'm monitoring for any developments until end of day but I think this gives us the most information still.

Vote: Squidyj

OK, haven't been in the thread for a while and just got finished catching up.

Anyway, I can't put down a serious vote due to the lock, but, while I don't have much of a problem with lynching squidy, I will say that I'd feel more comfortable with getting Scrafty, due to the fact that scum's lost temmate is female, we know she's been RPing a female character, and her little breadcrumb about the poetry curse that was pointed out earlier.

Sorian

Banned
OK, haven't been in the thread for a while and just got finished catching up.

Anyway, I can't put down a serious vote due to the lock, but, while I don't have much of a problem with lynching squidy, I will say that I'd feel more comfortable with getting Scrafty, due to the fact that scum's lost temmate is female, we know she's been RPing a female character, and her little breadcrumb about the poetry curse that was pointed out earlier.

She announced who she would be RPing before she was even assigned to the night vale game Pop, good try though.

She announced who she would be RPing before she was even assigned to the night vale game Pop, good try though.

Well it was either that or the rambling conspiracy post about you being scum I had been typing up for an hour before I realized how dumb it sounded.

Sorian

Banned
Well it was either that or the rambling conspiracy post about you being scum I had been typing up for an hour before I realized how dumb it sounded.

Hey, feel free to contribute whatever you want, I'm just going to shoot holes in logic that I don't see as sound. You did just kind of pop in with your foot in the door literally moments before the day ended, which will be right about now.

Razmos

Well Night Vale, it's been fun, but all good things must come to an end! Especially life, all life must end. That is the way of things, but fear not Night Vale, to dull the pain of our parting, I leave you a gift!

Oh I do love gifts, do you love gifts Night Vale? I hope it brightens up your day like the radiance of the Smiling God himself!

Everything dies eventually, humans, animals, trees, even planets! We should all just face death with a great big smile from ear to ear (or even further, I could help with that!).

Tonight, I hope that you die with a great big smile on your face, and while you are at it, why not donate your internal organs to the local decoration drive? It's nearing christmas time and Night Vale could sure do with being decorated with festive intestine tinsel or blood baubles! Let's make it a happy place for everyone this festive season.

And with that I say goodbye Night Vale! May the Smiling God devour you all.

Well Night Vale, it's been fun, but all good things must come to an end! Especially life, all life must end. That is the way of things, but fear not Night Vale, to dull the pain of our parting, I leave you a gift!

Oh I do love gifts, do you love gifts Night Vale? I hope it brightens up your day like the radiance of the Smiling God himself!

Everything dies eventually, humans, animals, trees, even planets! We should all just face death with a great big smile from ear to ear (or even further, I could help with that!).

Tonight, I hope that you die with a great big smile on your face, and while you are at it, why not donate your internal organs to the local decoration drive? It's nearing christmas time and Night Vale could sure do with being decorated with festive intestine tinsel or blood baubles! Let's make it a happy place for everyone this festive season.

And with that I say goodbye Night Vale! May the Smiling God devour you all.

Welp.

Top Bottom