• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#FE | Genei Ibunroku #FE Import OT: Fire Emblem’s spinoff Performa ft. SMT48

Kanann

6hr

more like ATLUS's RPG X something, someone, some of this, some of that from Megaten and FE

I really like it

love
- no random dungeon!

Jetman

Wow, Amazing OT/OP, Shun. Didn't have too much interest in the game until reading and seeing all of that. It's too bad we wont have a chance to get that sweet WiiU bundle edition here.

NeonZ

I've been watching the streams, and I'm starting to fear that the localization will butcher the name of the standard enemy mirages. Some of them are based on FE classes, but others seems to be based on random monsters from pop culture. Now, some of them certainly could stay there, like "Troll", but when you have a floating Cenobite head, looking straight out of Hellraiser, actually being called "Cenobite", or a ghost enemy called "Casper", or a flaming horned monster called "Balrog", I fear like they'll end up butchering all monster names...

I've been watching the streams, and I'm starting to fear that the localization will butcher the name of the standard enemy mirages. Some of them are based on FE classes, but others seems to be based on random monsters from pop culture. Now, some of them certainly could stay there, like "Troll", but when you have a floating Cenobite head, looking straight out of Hellraiser, actually being called "Cenobite", or a ghost enemy called "Casper", or a flaming horned monster called "Balrog", I fear like they'll end up butchering all monster names...

as long as they don't change SADAKO I'm fine hahaha

since you cannot own multiple copies of same weapon, I wonder what's the highest +x you can get on any single skills

When you have a ghost enemy named Casper, I feel like there's a limit to the kinds of names they're willing to have for the west.

Though if they want to stick to the pop culture style naming it seems to have going on, I wonder what theme they'll use when localizing...

Depending on to what extent they want to "localize" the game. Anyway I'm expecting summer release.

Yeah, that's what I think as wel.

Ninty's Q1 schedule is already pretty much mapped out + Star Fox for April, and Pokken is likely May. So this would have to be June at the earliest.

I wanna check out some videos, I'm starved since I haven't taken the time to watch anything since E3.

Played through the prologue. Good fun so far, quite silly (in a good way) and tongue-in-cheek. A few minor nit-picks regarding controls
mostly me being dumb and hitting the Y button and bringing up the menu all the time.
Music is fun, characters are thin, but interesting enough so far. Graphically the game looks good for what it is and the animated cut-scenes are of a nice enough quality where they appear. The battle system is easy to pick up, yet feels like it'll have a lot of depth later on. I like that the social link/topics/messages between Tusbasa, Atsuki and Touma go back further than the latest message you receive at the start of the story, it does a little bit to characterize these 3 as friends, even if it's strictly related to the start of the game it's not really necessary information.

Took a couple of screens, too:
DpplhaQQwgt9pknV

j0XDR6vSl92z2vfy

e1GEZtf8tBY90SWN

EDIT: Oh, the menus and UI are very nice too. They feel snappy and user-friendly.

Makio

I need a rip or clear version of the OST , i dont mean the idol songs or that. The instrumental.

Specially the regular battle theme and the first boss fight theme , catchy and awesome.

load times disc vs digital
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS2Q6lNigyY
-Game startup 15 sec vs 9 sec
-Savefile load 13 sec vs 10 sec
-Map travel 13 sec vs 9 sec
-Opening start menu 2 sec vs 1 sec
-Entering building/store 5 sec vs 3 sec
-Exit building/store 9 sec vs 5 sec
-Battle transition start 9 sec vs 5 sec
-Battle transition end 5 sec vs 4 sec

any good wikis with info out there or who will be updating with info?

only found 1 (still updating), but i think there's few more out there (usually I can found some on 2ch but it isn't in the OP of the game thread)

Sakura

Does anyone know where to find a stupid free paper for that side quest?
I ran around Shibuya like a billion times :(

Jiraiza

only found 1 (still updating), but i think there's few more out there (usually I can found some on 2ch but it isn't in the OP of the game thread)

Yikes, Nintendo dropping the ball.

I guess it's one of those games that I will get both physical and digital to support the game... and to get better loading time

FluxWaveZ

It needs an English name.

That it does, but Nintendo of America replaced the placeholder name of "SMTxFE" to "Genei Ibun Roku #FE" for a reason: so that people could stop thinking of it as something it isn't. But the media still calls it by its original title.

HGH

Banned
From recent streams, you can tell this was balanced by the Devil Summoner team.

I dunno why but now I'm picturing the silly idol game having the difficulty curve of Strange Journey and laughing my ass off.
I'm glad there's a return to difficulty here though, I guess first chapters are just universally easy in turnbased games.
This is a weird annoying problem that pops up in some Japanese games. They have no problem referencing copyrighted concepts and people directly, which in turn means the names get radically changed if localized. For example official localizations of JoJo can't be going around dropping references to ACDC and so on so the names get changed, sometimes for the worse.

Sakura

The game is a lot harder than I was expecting.
I must've gotten at least 3 or 4 game overs just in the first few dungeons.
I put it down on easy, was running around the very first dungeon for a quest, ran into a wild enemy, and still got obliterated in like just a few turns.

-Horizon-

That's not so bad >.>

Xbro

I feel like I'll enjoy the difficulty. The carnage system makes it seem like the Magatama system from Nocturne.

The game is a lot harder than I was expecting.
I must've gotten at least 3 or 4 game overs just in the first few dungeons.
I put it down on easy, was running around the very first dungeon for a quest, ran into a wild enemy, and still got obliterated in like just a few turns.

Yeah from what I saw, Wild Enemies will ruin your day instantly. Save a lot.

Top Bottom