• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

yurinka

Augemitbutter said:
i noticed less tearing in the full version after extensive playing. demo had alot of tearing compared to this.
I didn't noticed tearing in the final game (SDTV) and finished it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Majukun said:
the only message you're delivering is that ps3 audience don't have interest in this type of games,so the next P* project will be 360 excusive.

If you don't believe me,check the last comment of Constantine Hantzopoulos, studio director of SEGA of America about mature games on wii...and sega is P* publisher

just buy this game,and enjoy it,because even on ps3 is a fucking masterpiece

Gotta love both sides of a Catch 22 guilt trip.

Newsflash, this is a Platinum Games 360 exclusive. The PS3 version wasn't developed by them anyways. The only message that will be sent is that no one wants Sega developed ports of 360 exclusive games. =P

yurinka said:
>Played Bayonetta on an SDTV
>Played Bayonetta on Easy
>Played Heavenly Sword for 15 hours

... what the fuck are you?

2w35dht.jpg

oblo

Just finished the first four chapters, this game is absolutely 100% AWESOME!!
Didn't expect it to surpass my already skyhigh expectations but it's doing just that. Loving it.

Playing it on PS3 by the way, none of the inferiority came close to spoiling my fun so far.

Majukun

Kintaro said:

Newsflash, this is a Platinum Games 360 exclusive. The PS3 version wasn't developed by them anyways. The only message that will be sent is that no one wants Sega developed ports of 360 exclusive games. =P

i want
a ports is better than nothing,and is still a great game,even with technical issues

RBH

ioomqu.jpg

Get a $10 gift card when you buy either Bayonetta or Darksiders at Toys R Us (no Rewards membership required), or get a $40 gift card when you buy both Bayonetta AND Darksiders at Toys R Us (Rewards membership required).

It's free to sign up for the Rewards program, and you can print out your membership card too, I believe:

http://rewardsrus.toysrus.com/

Deal ends January 7th.

Klyka

Banned
I can not fathom actually playing this game on Very Easy/Easy.

I switched to easy mode and gave the controller to my 9 year old nephew and he had fun and was laughing but he said "Hahahaha,this is so easy,hahaha,die angels!"

Peff

Klyka said:
I can not fathom actually playing this game on Very Easy/Easy.

I switched to easy mode and gave the controller to my 9 year old nephew and he had fun and was laughing but he said "Hahahaha,this is so easy,hahaha,die angels!"

Not only that, to be able to get 90% of the awesome post-game content you need to play on Normal or above, and there's a lot worth getting; more characters, chapters, weapons, accesories, a secret boss fight...

yurinka

.:Wesker:. said:
>Played Bayonetta on an SDTV
>Played Bayonetta on Easy
>Played Heavenly Sword for 15 hours

... what the fuck are you?

2w35dht.jpg
Not a troll like others.

I'm checking prices for a good Bravia.

Obviously I'm replaying Bayonetta in normal (now in chapter 3) and plan to play it also in the harder modes when I finish it in normal.

If you ever play Heavenly Sword, you'll notice its a good game with only framerate and tearing as big issues. It has a lot of extras (including making of videos) as unlockables adding great replayability for more than 15 hours. Visuals, character design, story, backgrounds, music, voice acting, mocap acting, cinematics, motion sensor support, extras (something I love) etc are great. And they tried to add something new with the gameplay system, that is not Kamiya awesomeness but at least it isn't a refurbished rip-off of previous games (see Dante's Inferno).

Shito

yurinka said:
If you ever play Heavenly Sword, you'll notice its a good game with only framerate and tearing as big issues
I thought its abysmal gameplay was the biggest downer, but maybe that's just me.
Sure, it's not a carbon copy of GoW like Dante is, but come on, Heavenly Sword's combat is about as bland as it is in GoW, even moreso... and when you can't rely on an epic story and "adventure" to redeem yourself, you get a second-grade game.
I really don't think it's the kind of game you should spend time defending...

You know, at first I was really wary about the PS3 version, but now that commercials have started, my hype has reached critical mass. I just want to play the damn game. I've played games with horrible framerates and loading times yet still ended up liking them. I don't give a shit about tearing or brightness either unless I have no idea what's going on. I'm not gonna be paranoid over this anymore. The PS3 demo was one of the best gaming experiences I had in 2009, so I think I'll be fine.

cosmicblizzard said:
You know, at first I was really wary about the PS3 version, but now that commercials have started, my hype has reached critical mass. I just want to play the damn game. I've played games with horrible framerates and loading times yet still ended up liking them. I don't give a shit about tearing or brightness either unless I have no idea what's going on. I'm not gonna be paranoid over this anymore. The PS3 demo was one of the best gaming experiences I had in 2009, so I think I'll be fine.
Pretty much the only annoying thing for me is the loading time. At the very least they give you something to do during the loading (I was even able to unlock a trophy during loading, which was interesting), but it's longer than it ought to be in almost every place.

I noticed some tearing early on, but either I've adjusted to it or it gets better about it a few chapters in.

I think if you have a 360 and a PS3, the choice is obvious. If your choice is between the PS3 and nothing at all, you'd be a complete fool to pass on this game, because it's still absolutely amazing.

savor100

So what's the general consensus of the PS3 version? Skip it, right? I don't own a 360 anymore and I'm not willing to pay $60 for an unplayable game.

Raxus

RBH said:
ioomqu.jpg

Get a $10 gift card when you buy either Bayonetta or Darksiders at Toys R Us (no Rewards membership required), or get a $40 gift card when you buy both Bayonetta AND Darksiders at Toys R Us (Rewards membership required).

It's free to sign up for the Rewards program, and you can print out your membership card too, I believe:

http://rewardsrus.toysrus.com/

Deal ends January 7th.
Also, if you are like me and you don't want to buy darkstalkers then just exchange it after taking advantage of the deal.

Win-win. Bayonetta, 2 games you want, and $40.

Dartastic

Raxus said:
Also, if you are like me and you don't want to buy darkstalkers then just exchange it after taking advantage of the deal.

Win-win. Bayonetta, 2 games you want, and $40.

See, I just want both games for $80. Because I'm poor. =(

yurinka

savor100 said:
So what's the general consensus of the PS3 version? Skip it, right? I don't own a 360 anymore and I'm not willing to pay $60 for an unplayable game.
The general consensus is loading that time are longer in PS3, but besides that there is no big flaws in the final PAL/US version. The game is awesome, totally playable. So if you get a PS3 and no 360, get it in PS3.

Looks like Scythesurge will be picking it up for me in NY. Dude, when you see this, thank you sooooooo much. Now I might actually be able to finish it before I go to Florida on the 8th.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Pretty much the only annoying thing for me is the loading time. At the very least they give you something to do during the loading (I was even able to unlock a trophy during loading, which was interesting), but it's longer than it ought to be in almost every place.

I noticed some tearing early on, but either I've adjusted to it or it gets better about it a few chapters in.

I think if you have a 360 and a PS3, the choice is obvious. If your choice is between the PS3 and nothing at all, you'd be a complete fool to pass on this game, because it's still absolutely amazing.

Good to hear. Content is what I care about anyway, not technical BS.

my HK copy should be arriving this weak I believe; I ordered with ordinary shipping because I do not believe in private couriers who require you to be home to receive.

Public Postal Service FTW

d0c_zaius

yurinka said:

I noticed tons of tearing (especially in the beginning) and Im on a HDTV. It was pretty annoying/surprising in the beginning but its hard to notice once any action starts.

XenoRaven

Just beat it last night. Exceeded all my expectations. Fighting regular enemies is fun, bosses are great, and it offers plenty of variety. It's been awhile since I beat a game and just wanted to go right back and play through it again.

Dartastic

So. I have an idea. Will this work? Let's say I meet up with a Bay Area GAF member who wants both Bayonetta and Darksiders. If they buy the games first, give me their 40 dollar gift card, then I buy the games with the 40 dollar gift card and get ANOTHER gift card from the deal, will they be able to then exchange the games for the same games but use my gift card to get credit back, therefore making both of our purchases 80 dollars? Because uh... yeah. I don't have much cash and I want both games really bad. :lol

andymcc

Banned
Dartastic said:
So. I have an idea. Will this work? Let's say I meet up with a Bay Area GAF member who wants both Bayonetta and Darksiders. If they buy the games first, give me their 40 dollar gift card, then I buy the games with the 40 dollar gift card and get ANOTHER gift card from the deal, will they be able to then exchange the games for the same games but use my gift card to get credit back, therefore making both of our purchases 80 dollars? Because uh... yeah. I don't have much cash and I want both games really bad. :lol

i don't think this will work. tru was doing their giftcard deals around christmas time, and i got a $30 from them in store but it takes six hours to activate. i guess you could do it if you wanted to wait around a lot. :lol

Varth

Is there an index of the music clips origin?

Like, the music from the motorcycle stage is not some hang-on tune, isn't it? Looks more like something from Afterburner or something like that.

Also, in the bonus stage, I heard something from Outrun, correct?

In the Afterburner/Space Harrier stage, boss music should be from Fantasy Zone, right? What about the main theme of that level?

MNC

The demo was good. Though I felt I didn't really have a strategy to fighting let alone tap some buttons in a rhythm... That and I couldn't tell what was happening at times when getting mobbed.

About to start Chapter 2 but before I do, I want to say this is one of the most ridiculous games I've ever played. I'm actually worried that no action game from this point on will ever be able to top it and I've played 2 friggin stages. My hype for GOW3 has dropped significantly :(

This is coming from someone playing the PS3 version btw

slade

Kintaro said:

I got a 360 but if I didn't have one, I would settle for Bayonetta on PS3 in its current form. Besides, a lot of the BS that goes around about inferior ports is blown out of proportion by fanboys anyway. I've played various 'inferior ports' on PS3. The miniscule differences that are so crucial for you guys don't apply to casual gamers.

XenoRaven

cosmicblizzard said:
About to start Chapter 2 but before I do, I want to say this is one of the most ridiculous games I've ever played. I'm actually worried that no action game from this point on will ever be able to top it and I've played 2 friggin stages. My hype for GOW3 has dropped significantly :(

This is coming from someone playing the PS3 version btw
Have you played Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 or 2?

[Nintex]

I like how Kamiya went: "lol Devil May Cry, lol Ninja Gaiden!"

and then:
"Still got to beat random shoot 'em up games, lol F-Zero racing on bike I'm the most awesome developer on the planet, here's some flowers for Bayonetta's animal form and last but not least some Super Mario Galaxy like gravity <3"

Ironballs

I'm trying so hard to not cave and upgrade my Amazon order to release date delivery. I really need to stop lurking in this thread.

Top Bottom