• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consortium: The Tower |KS| Deus Ex x Die Hard, a UE4-powered sci-fi immersive sim

Edit: IDGI is seeking funding again, now on FIG:
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/consortium-the-tower
New thread for FIG campaign

JeXmSdQ.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-the-tower

Releasing on PC, PS4, Xbox One

Kickstarter pitch | Freefalling | Impact on the World
The experience of The Tower is one of absolute freedom of movement, speech and action, within a single-location, sandbox environment. There will be no cut scenes, and full control will never be taken away for “gamey” reasons. Immersion is absolutely paramount, and to that end the world within the Tower will feel realistically alive and reactive to however you choose to approach each and every situation.

A branching, “waterfall” narrative and dialogue system should appeal to those looking for a truly replayable experience, and will ensure that your decisions are plentiful without feeling cheap or obvious.

Diplomacy is a key way of traversing the narrative. Choose to speak anytime and anywhere with the push of a button. While rather difficult, you will be able to play through the entire experience without raising your weapon. Trick, bribe, scare, hire, or simply convince potential combatants to disarm, all while developing relationships with your crew, other Consortium officers, the London Police, and any other characters you meet throughout the experience.

0dL4oCy.gif

FNaevQA.gif

ODajJI2.gif

z0ySz9Z.gif

Nillansan

It looks absolutely insane. OP you should probably mention that the game is set to release on PC and both current gen consoles.

After all the flak the first game's visuals got, it's pretty stunning seeing the details of the tower and that gorgeous skybox surrounding it. It's quite the looker in a lot of areas going from those videos.

Got the first one during the free weekend, and from what little I've played I really enjoyed. However, I'm having some serious framerate issues that are preventing me from going further. I know this isn't the right thread for this, but anyone know the problem/solution?

Backed with the power of a thousand suns!

Actually, just 20 bucks. But hey, who can tell the difference these days anyway?

Really liked the first game. I felt like I was making important choices every few seconds, and by the time I hit the end I had the distinct impression that I had missed a massive amount of optional content. All this on board a relatively small plane.

The good thing about this is that they already have previous experience making a game of this type (the previous Consortium), that should give people a bit more of confidence in their ability to successfully do this game.

Karak

I wish my body didn't screw me out of games like this. Fuck motion sickness :(

I get it horridly and I am a damn reviewer lol. I take Dramamine(less drowsy version) and it works great.

Back on subject I am excited for this purely on what Bad is showing in the OT. The original game was complete dump to me.

Karak

Off-topic: You could also try chewing raw ginger, too. That helps relieve nausea.

It absolutely doesn't.
EDIT: I should add. It doesn't for me, or anyone I have ever met who experiences it. Heard it does but even in some of the online forums I have been involved with no one has ever been successful beyond the chewing motion numbness that DOES happens. But chewing a stick would do the same thing.
Most likely, like many things, there is a particular aspect of why that works for some and may work beyond the afore mentioned chewing motion alone.

Back on track that drop to the friggen glassy subway thing looks ACE

Karak

It really is. No one should be complaining about the graphics this time

Thats what I like about games like this. Thats all fakery most likely a video backdrop with added assets or a amazing skybox. But the color matching makes it look seamless.

I wonder why the tower has a neon green car ramp.

Megauap

What an amazing game! I hope it delivers because as a fan of Deus Ex I always welcome similar games.
I'm in for the Early Bird tier.

Thats what I like about games like this. Thats all fakery most likely a video backdrop with added assets or a amazing skybox. But the color matching makes it look seamless.

I wonder why the tower has a neon green car ramp.
But even just the cool touches like the trees swaying in the wind or the environmental destruction from the missile barrage in the assault option clip, the whole game got a nice visual upgrade compared to the first.

looks really cool
BTW: is the first game worth a try?
Yes, it has a really fascinating premise, with a ton of ways to approach situations, and a lot of content fleshing out different playstyles and choices. The game feels big and expansive despite being set in a single (large) plane

Some people complain about the visuals, but they're really not that bad IMO. Any issues one might have with the graphics, the gameplay and depth outweighs

Currently on sale for $2.99

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I knew I would want another game in this series but I didnt know I would want it this much.

Will back, first game was fantastic.

Curious about the setting though. The trailer suggests it takes place in hostile territory. I loved the setting of the first one, solving issues aboard your own plane, with little emphasis on combat. Interested to see what they go for here.

Bob-iDGi

Neo Member
Hey guys, my name is Bob, and I'm one of the Dev's at Interdimensional Games (The studio that made Consortium).

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them at me here, or on our subreddit (which has next to nothing in it cause I started it today).

https://www.reddit.com/r/consortiumiDGi/

If you wish to verify my identity, feel free to shoot me a message on Steam, I'm a moderator on the Consortium Steam forums. Same username.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/264240/discussions/0/

Hey guys, my name is Bob, and I'm one of the Dev's at Interdimensional Games (The studio that made Consortium).

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them at me here, or on our subreddit (which has next to nothing in it cause I started it today).

If you wish to verify my identity, feel free to shoot me a message on Steam, I'm a moderator on the Consortium Steam forums. Same username.

Hi Bob. First this looks awesome. Secondly I just backed this but I haven't played the first Consortium as a console only gamer, Will it matter plot wise to me?

Haunted

The first Consortium turned out to be a surprisingly complex and ambitious game in terms of narrative and player agency. If they can complement that depth with stronger production values and manage some better pacing, they could have something great here.

harSon

Banned
I get it horridly and I am a damn reviewer lol. I take Dramamine(less drowsy version) and it works great.

Back on subject I am excited for this purely on what Bad is showing in the OT. The original game was complete dump to me.

I'm familiar with it :p I pretty much have to OD on it to get through some Oculus Rift experiences Lol

Bob-iDGi

Neo Member
Hi Bob. First this looks awesome. Secondly I just backed this but I haven't played the first Consortium as a console only gamer, Will it matter plot wise to me?

Thanks for the question! The Tower is meant to be both a direct continuation, as also a stand alone experience. There will be a catch-up mechanic at the start for players without a save to import that will give a broad overview of the events of the first game, and allow you to tailor the events if you wish to. An upcoming update will have a bunch of information about this exact question.

If the campaign is sufficiently successful, we plan to port Consortium to console so that everyone has a chance to try it before the release of The Tower.

Thanks for the question! The Tower is meant to be both a direct continuation, as also a stand alone experience. There will be a catch-up mechanic at the start for players without a save to import that will give a broad overview of the events of the first game, and allow you to tailor the events if you wish to. An upcoming update will have a bunch of information about this exact question.

If the campaign is sufficiently successful, we plan to port Consortium to console so that everyone has a chance to try it before the release of The Tower.
Perfect! Thank you. I hope the campaign goes well for you guys :)

Corto

Backed as soon as I read the title of this thread! Good luck Bob and I hope you have a super successful campaign. LET'S DO THIS!

Vlodril

Hello. I liked the first game quite a bit the only thing that bothered me was the length. It took me about 4 hours for a single playthrough.

Any ideas on how big the sequel will be?

Bob-iDGi

Neo Member
Hello. I liked the first game quite a bit the only thing that bothered me was the length. It took me about 4 hours for a single playthrough.

Any ideas on how big the sequel will be?

We're certainly not going to pump out a 100 hour monster, but we're aiming for around 12-15 hours, with even greater replayability than Consortium 1 had.

Bob, how much of the tower is actually able to be explored? Also how varied with the tower be in terms of different floors and areas; can we expect things like residential apartments, a Churchill mall, etc.

Miletius

Backed. The trailer is amazing, and if you can pull that off the whole game it's going to be something special.

I need to get around to playing Consortium.

Top Bottom