• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immersive sim Consortium: The Tower crowdfunding on FIG (100%; tier discounts inside)

First stretch goal revealed

bZy9xIq.jpg

Good Morning!

I wanted to share my codes here, as I figured they had the best chance of being used.

I'm so excited this looks like she'll make it compared to how slowly the KS went, even with giving the first game out for free during the campaign. I really enjoyed the first one, warts and all, as it was trying to recapture something that isn't done enough, nor well enough. Even better, to me, is that people feel so strongly in the concept that they are willing to invest.

https://www.fig.co/ctt?promo=4GlX8RTYrIbSd4gGtlwwH4
https://www.fig.co/ctt?promo=lGPpsedA1vp2niWm5zXKRv
https://www.fig.co/ctt?promo=C4DbH8F8VezkrlrRcUi8DY

I hope these find a good home and the games keep rolling from iDGi. Stretch goals so soon makes me happy too, but not as much as feeling like this will actually get made.

Thank You to Bob and everyone else at iDGi! May you be able to follow your passions as long as you can.

I know right! I just took a little stroll around Herne Hill and might even have got some Vitamin D inside of me!

Did you go to Rezzed this week man?

Nah, already went to PCGamer Weekender and saw that I had played most of the lineup at this Rezzed so held off.

The amount of investors for this project (compared to backers) seems really high. Are investors usually more front-loaded on these projects?

All Fig campaigns have had more investment backing than rewards based aside from Psychonauts 2. Consortium seems to have a very disproportionate investment to rewards based funding ratio which was unexpected.

It'll be interesting to see if they keep getting as much investment after the campaign reaches its goal. You can see in the comments here that a lot of people desperately wanted this game to get funded. If those investments are made up of fans who just want that, I'd expect the investments to stall after reaching the goal. If the game truly is a good investment and that figure is truly made up of speculative investors who are hoping for a return, then the investment amount should keep climbing.

GreatBird

Neo Member
CEO of iDGi here: We're only taking so much investment money, it can't keep going up endlessly. But all available investment for our project has been going VERY fast... :)

squall23

91% and just about $275K!

And here's a detailed budget breakdown if anyone was interested in one

ctt-game-budget.jpg
lol at 6% for voice acting and recording. That would certainly explain the first game. Make no mistake, I really enjoyed Consortium, but if there was one weak link, one tiny almost irrelevant nitpick, it's definitely the voice acting. Gameplay and storytelling should be the focus though just like the original which would get no complaints from me.

Big Nikus

Make no mistake, I really enjoyed Consortium, but if there was one weak link, one tiny almost irrelevant nitpick, it's definitely the voice acting. Gameplay and storytelling should be the focus though just like the original which would get no complaints from me.

I thought the voice acting in the first one was great, and I'm glad the actors are returning.

Steel

Banned
lol at 6% for voice acting and recording. That would certainly explain the first game. Make no mistake, I really enjoyed Consortium, but if there was one weak link, one tiny almost irrelevant nitpick, it's definitely the voice acting. Gameplay and storytelling should be the focus though just like the original which would get no complaints from me.

The voice acting was a little hammy, but it was good enough that I got used to it. Though, I can honestly care less how quality the voice acting is.

epmode

I'm surprised that the Fig campaign hasn't been featured on RPS yet. You'd think it would have set off their immersive sim detector!

Labadal

Just to note, the investor/backer ratio is 74,5/25,5

In that sense, the whole investment factor of FIG seems like it is paying off to get campaigns funded.

Mr. Tibbs

This is the forth time I've pledged to a Consortium crowdfunding campaign, so I'm very happy to see the sequel is going to be funded.

97%, less then 10k away from the funding goal!

So glad this is working out for the team the second time. The last time I was so disappointed to see a Kickstarter fail (and then excited to see development continue) was with GRIP

JackDT

I love the design goals and the video of gameplay vid they put out looks like a nice step up from Deus Ex in a lot of ways. Glad to see them succeed here!

It's crazy that Fig is drawing so many investors.

I love the design goals and the video of gameplay vid they put out looks like a nice step up from Deus Ex in a lot of ways. Glad to see them succeed here!

It's crazy that Fig is drawing so many investors.
I wonder if they might be seeing it as a game that could reinvigorate the genre much like how Divinity and Star Citizen did for cRPGs and space games (or perhaps how Her Story and Contradiction resuscitated FMV). If there's one genre that would be ripe for greater attention and cool new takes now, it's the immersive sim.

The Wart

I wonder if they might be seeing it as a game that could reinvigorate the genre much like how Divinity and Star Citizen did for cRPGs and space games (or perhaps how Her Story and Contradiction resuscitated FMV). If there's one genre that would be ripe for greater attention and cool new takes now, it's the immersive sim.

I would have guessed that if there were any game likely to do that, it would have been Underworld Ascendant given that title's developer pedigrees and the more direct connection to beloved classics. But UA's kickstarter didn't exactly set the world on fire... Consortium may end up raising more money than UA did!

I wonder how UA would have fared on Fig...

Enforcer

I'm a little late to the party with redeeming my Super Backer pledge (it's been a VERY busy week or so). I'm now Super Backer #2280, and I probably (definitely) pledged more than I should have. I went up a tier from what I pledged in the KS campaign, which was already a questionable decision, but I liked the first game so much, I'll deal with a reduced entertainment budget for a little bit to help the sequel get made!

My backer codes, in case anyone wants them, since my friends passed on them because they're terrible people:

https://www.fig.co/ctt?promo=ZI7U4_qVrMcsfBSc9TsqyR
https://www.fig.co/ctt?promo=3UFnUW8tE9tgbpG7-Ro6Oy
https://www.fig.co/ctt?promo=zpuUjFWJeXGuoYIKv_-7Ac

Meia

Was also late in claiming my super backer status, #2300. Upped it to the $50 tier when I had the lowest tier of the last campaign. Happy to see this definitely happening. :)

Yea for 99%! It makes me happy these guys are getting another chance and it might prove out that Fig can return on investments. Not sure if it happened yet.

I'll get in my super backer level later, but I don't want that feeling after replacing all my tires this week. Ha.

ArjanN

Nice to see they made with lots of time to spare.

The voice acting was a little hammy, but it was good enough that I got used to it. Though, I can honestly care less how quality the voice acting is.

Most of the main cast was fine, but some of the smaller roles were kinda uneven.

Yes! Fantastic that this game is happening

Do you guys think FIG's structure will make it a more viable "high-end" alternative to Kickstarter?

- Highly curated hand-picked projects vs anyone launching a campaign for anything
- One project at a time vs dozens and dozens at a time
- A combination of investors and regular pledges vs only regular pledges

And it's already has a string of notable funded projects showing off the platform's versality
- IGF-winning low-key indie Outer Wilds
- high-profile fan favorite Psychonauts 2
- cult movie spinoff/tie-in Jay & Silent Bob
- niche crowdfunding comeback Consortium

Turnstyle

Got my Super Duper Special Backer pledge in. Still really excited about this game, so glad it made its goal

And now the wait until 2017...

Do you guys think FIG's structure will make it a more viable "high-end" alternative to Kickstarter?

- Highly curated hand-picked projects vs anyone launching a campaign for anything

And it's already has a string of notable funded projects showing off the platform's versality

I think the curation aspect is good on paper but bad in the context of Kickstarter and other sites still existing. I'm not going to see FIG's special game they've picked, I'm only going to hear about it within the context of hearing about all of the Kickstarter games out there that want my money for a 2018-2019 deliverable. It's all in the same market segment and there's no way for a website to reduce the noise of other websites.

Plus, even if FIG turns out to have safer bets and more reliable backing campaigns, it will take three years before we know this. From a backer's standpoint, that's all I care about.

I've got a good feeling that Fig will mainly be for "Boutique" Crowdfunding. The curation helps a lot with future success. For now, I'm pretty OK with it, but the real test will be when Psychonauts 2 hits, and we see how the Investor system actually pays off.

That said, I'm Hyped for The Tower, and wish it all the luck and ease of development it can get.

Bob-iDGi

Neo Member
Hi guys. From all of us here at iDGi, we'd like to offer a huge and sincere thank you. You all have been overwhelmingly positive, and it's always been a great joy to come read the comments.

On to stretch goals!

Steel

Banned
Hi guys. From all of us here at iDGi, we'd like to offer a huge and sincere thank you. You all have been overwhelmingly positive, and it's always been a great joy to come read the comments.

On to stretch goals!

Wait? We made it? Awesome. Hope you get a lot more.

Top Bottom