• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consortium: The Tower |KS| Deus Ex x Die Hard, a UE4-powered sci-fi immersive sim

Bob-iDGi

Neo Member
Bob, how much of the tower is actually able to be explored? Also how varied with the tower be in terms of different floors and areas; can we expect things like residential apartments, a Churchill mall, etc.

That will be dictated by how much funding we get. If we reach our top level of funding (Which is around 1.2 million) then almost all of the Tower will be exploreable with a high degree of uniqueness to each area. Malls, apartments, museums, as close to what an actual Skyscraper like this would look like. There will also be industrial areas (like the Power Plant, and Thames Water Reclamation area seen in the trailer).

LeBart

"Deus Ex x Die Hard" made me roll my eyes pretty hard, then I watched the videos and read the pitch... and I'm sold.
To be fair, a blank Kickstarter page with only a video of a random guy shouting "one city-block game!" and dropping the mic would have been enough to convince me.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
That will be dictated by how much funding we get. If we reach our top level of funding (Which is around 1.2 million) then almost all of the Tower will be exploreable with a high degree of uniqueness to each area. Malls, apartments, museums, as close to what an actual Skyscraper like this would look like. There will also be industrial areas (like the Power Plant, and Thames Water Reclamation area seen in the trailer).

...daaaamn I really want this to happen

I'm a huge fan of skyscrapers as settings, so I'm in for the digital map at the very least.

Hopefully this can be fleshed out as a truly vertical and interconnected space.

This section on the factions is really interesting, especially when you see how the game lets you go rogue
The Terrorists have taken over the Churchill Tower Power Facility, and believe it to be capable of arming a globally banned orbital bioweapon – they’ve been sent in by unknown parties with instructions to prove this to the world through the use of the press.

The Consortium's main concern is the securing of the civilian hostages being held in the center of the Churchill Tower, and they are relying on you to make this happen as quickly as possible. Despite assurances that the Power Facility houses a safe, modern fusion reactor, the Consortium King is worried about it being tampered with and causing a devastating explosion that could destroy all of London.

Mysterious Benefactors encourage you to actively rebel against the Consortium. Potentially join them after gaining their trust, uncover their identity, and discover their claims of truth about the Consortium King and his officers.

The London Police are at first warned to keep their distance while the Consortium handle the situation. As things progress, the Police Chief can end up as friend or foe entirely dependant on your actions and interactions with him.

WIhPUef.gif

The Churchill Tower itself will sometimes seem to be working for or against you: state of the art security systems, initially controlled by the terrorists, and the “malfunctioning” builder nanites will need to be controlled and understood before they interfere with your mission.

Civilians populate the various sections of The Tower, and include the hostages and any other people remaining behind after it was evacuated. As with everyone else, every civilian you meet will be a unique, fully fleshed out human being.

And a cool poster

m2GfBo6.jpg

Socky

I bought the first game on Steam (for £2?! Get in), and backed this. Too much goodness not to take a punt.

Wow this game looks amazing. I absolutely loved what I played of the original Consortium and I don't see any reason to doubt that these guys can pull it off again.
So hype.

Backed this game. Tried to get the original on Steam, but for some reason, Steam will not accept my card at all, yet it works everywhere else. Never happened before.

Veal

I picked up the original during the free weekend and I'm really enjoying it! Everything about this sequel sounds amazing! Will be backing this one!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Backed, because duh.
I'm going on a complete media blackout on this but I wish the devs all the best and obviously hope the KS is a success.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Backed. (I also backed the first game)
Good.

I honestly hope this meets the target. It's a massive step up from their first Kickstarter so needs a very good push. The team certainly deserve it.

Famassu

Bought the first one on Steam since it was only 2,99€. Will try to play that in the coming weeks and once I have some more money again I'll probably throw some money your way in February before the Kickstarter ends.

Dinjoralo

I might just back this... Maybe...

I wonder how the PS4 and XB1 versions are gonna handle transferring a save from the first game. Who knows, maybe the game'll jump ship. Either way, I can't wait to see this. Hopefully it meets it's goal.

I backed the first game and really liked it. However, I'm pretty much done backing Kickstarters for the moment. I do wish the developers luck though.

Dunno man can't see it making the minimum goal
Please let it get funded please
, Deus ex and Die hard is like the perfect combination... well except combination of a good movie and Die hard.

epmode

Right? This really needs to get more exposure. RPS having an article the minute it launched was pretty great but it's not enough.

To anyone on the fence, the first game had a budget of only $70K and it still turned out very well. I'd say this is one of the safer Kickstarter bets.

pastrami

I started Consortium last night, and it's off to a really good start. Only 30 minutes but I like the conversation system so far, and the world is intriguing. Graphics are not as garish as I imagined from screenshots. Unfortunately I experienced a game ending bug, but I'll try again tonight.

Hope the kickstarter makes it because it sounds very ambitious and promising.

Backed. This is 100% the sort of game I've always wanted to play. I've been meaning to play the first since it came out, definitely will soon. Hope it reaches a mil at least.

Wow, I can't believe I haven't heard of the first game. My belief that a real-time dialogue system can work has already been vindicated, it seems. Sorta. My intended implementation for my own projects involve a menu toggle button and player-adjustable time slowing, but for a pure PC game, the function keys work fine, too.

Will probably back this thing and get the first game.

Wow, I can't believe I haven't heard of the first game. My belief that a real-time dialogue system can work has already been vindicated, it seems. Sorta. My intended implementation for my own projects involve a menu toggle button and player-adjustable time slowing, but for a pure PC game, the function keys work fine, too.

Will probably back this thing and get the first game.
You should play Oxenfree. Dialogue choices happen in real time while walking around and exploring, gives the game a really natural pacing

You should play Oxenfree. Dialogue choices happen in real time while walking around and exploring, gives the game a really natural pacing

I've also heard good things about that one, but that's more incentive to try it.

Geez, I need to get back to work, otherwise I'm seriously gonna be beaten to the punch with my own idea by everyone else at this rate, lol.

PooBone

Now I understand the free weekend for Consortium. I need to play that game soon and decide if I wanna back this. I've heard nothing but good things (other than the graphics)

I've also heard good things about that one, but that's more incentive to try it.

Geez, I need to get back to work, otherwise I'm seriously gonna be beaten to the punch with my own idea by everyone else at this rate, lol.

I believe in the collective unconsciousness. We all have the same ideas. But only some get to achieve them. So know, you'll always be beaten to the punch. :( :)

vetrox

I backed the first Consortium but haven't touched it yet, since I'm waiting until I get a VR kit. It would make a cool first VR experience.
I want to get in on this, but it feels strange backing a project when I haven't played the first one. The Tower seems to be even more up my alley than the first part though.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Nowhere enough cash to back but it did make me buy the discounted game on Steam. I'll post a positive review of it after playing it, every little thing helps right? Least I could do is try and generate some attention :)

Hassun

Neo Member
Someone recently sold me on the first game and I have to admit this new one is looking even more up my alley. I wish you all the best with this project because it looks damn good.

Top Bottom