• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late Night Wars - Conan's last Tonight Show was TONIGHT a long time ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conans final week should be with actors of shows canceled by NBC.

Ben Mckenzie - Southland
Matthew Perry - Studio 60

Any other suggestions?

BowieZ said:
How about some goddamn female hosts for once? The Tonight Show with Julia Louis-Dreyfus, anyone?

Fox, Saturdays at 11pm

(She leads into reruns of sit down shut up!)

benjipwns

Banned
jamesinclair said:

Ben Mckenzie - Southland

Any other suggestions?
If Conan goes to Fox and gets cancelled a final week like that could last for a decade.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
jamesinclair said:

Ben Mckenzie - Southland

Any other suggestions?

Fox, Saturdays at 11pm

(She leads into reruns of sit down shut up!)

Kings, Life. Nothing else matters. >=[

Socreges

Banned
JIMMY KIMMEL!!

applause.gif

He was fucking RUTHLESS. I was reading this thread earlier and someone mentioned that he was "softballing it". Really? Seemed to me like he was KILLING JAY ON HIS OWN SHOW.

Now I'm going to have to go back a few pages and read the reactions.

Socreges said:
JIMMY KIMMEL!!

He was fucking RUTHLESS. I was reading this thread earlier and someone mentioned that he was "softballing it". Really? Seemed to me like he was KILLING JAY ON HIS OWN SHOW.

I always assumed that Kimmel was going to be sly about this whole thing, trying to play both sides, or at least defer to Leno.

But shit, he proved me wrong. I love it.

Conan NEEDS to get Norm and Letterman.

Two extremely talented guys, both fired by NBC. Have them talk shit about the network constantly, go down swinging.

Gigglepoo

Jay Leno handled Jimmy's barbs like a nervous 4th grader. Kind of embarrassing really. No comedian worth his salt would have taken those insults without firing back a few of his own.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Socreges said:
JIMMY KIMMEL!!

The people that said Jimmy was 'softballing it', were basing that on the previews. Before the show aired.

Socreges

Banned
GK86 said:
The people that said Jimmy was 'softballing it', were basing that on the previews. Before the show aired.
That makes much more sense.

Because Jimmy Kimmel. Absolutely. Destroyed. Jay Leno.

On Jay's show.

And Jay took it.

So hard.

25i4vtu.gif

Shaneus

We need:
Norm
Stern
Dave Chappelle
Will Arnett
Will Ferrell

All have shown massive support and are switched on as all fuck... so it will just be some NBC hatefest. With wit!

BowieZ

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Jay Leno handled Jimmy's barbs like a nervous 4th grader. Kind of embarrassing really. No comedian worth his salt would have taken those insults without firing back a few of his own.
Exactly. He's not a comedian.

Socreges

Banned
Vyer said:
Also, :lol :lol @ Leno fan's meltdown. Another bad side effect of this whole thing is that it has unearthed another unfortunate Internet creation: The delusional Leno fanboy.
"Unearthed" is the right word. I don't think I'd ever met or witnessed one in action before. All I knew was that there was seemingly a studio audience during Leno's tapings and they did, indeed, laugh. But the shit I've seen in this thread has been far more baffling.

Just watched Craig Ferguson.

His opening was addressed to this thread. Why argue about two middle aged white men who get paid millions when there's serious shit going on in the world?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
jamesinclair said:
Just watched Craig Ferguson.

His opening was addressed to this thread. Why argue about two middle aged white men who get paid millions when there's serious shit going on in the world?

Thats a good point but this kind of stuff is a little important to me. Theres nothing i can do for Haiti right now other then find a place i can donate what little cash i can afford (movies gonna have to wait.. sorry Gary). So im at home thinking about stuff.. looking at all the horrible shit on the news.. and i just need someone around that makes me laugh. Its just a distraction i guess. i think i need it though otherwise id prolly jump off the bridge into oncoming traffic if i didnt have some kind of diversion.

He is right though. Petty squabbles and stuff, bills hard to make, annoying family.. all this shit would be a fucking golden ray of light from the clouds for the people in Haiti right now.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
sportzhead said:
What the HELL man! If that was a joke, it was terrible.

i was trying to see why you were angry.. then i understood you thought i mean they as in Haiti! omg thats not what i meant at all.. i meant the poster being banned. What they said was horrible.

Shaneus

Just watching the Craig Ferguson with the head-on-a-stick. So far, so fucking awesome! I think I've found someone to fill the Conan void. Very, very fucking good.

Number 2 said:
i was trying to see why you were angry.. then i understood you thought i mean they as in Haiti! omg thats not what i meant at all.. i meant the poster being banned. What they said was horrible.

Oh I see.

Shaneus

Rather than being a group that should be joined, shouldn't it be something we become a fan of?

PS. Seriously, Ferguson is awesome... self-deprecation is a talent that Letterman sorely lacks (not that he doesn't do it, he just doesn't do it well) but Ferguson pulls it off perfectly.

wRATH2x

Banned
I used to like Jay Leno, but this shit made me hate the guy.

What the fuck Jay!? Seriously weren't passing the torch or some shit when Conan appeared on your show?

Fuck Jay Leno!

xbhaskarx

ConfusingJazz said:
How the fuck does Ebersol even have a right to say anything? He single handily almost destroyed NBC sports in the 90s, he was in charge of the XFL on NBC, and did his best to ruin SNL during the 80s. I don't understand how this man has a fucking job, or why his opinion matters.

Tobor said:
Dick Ebersol is an idiot. He's always been an idiot. They should have fired him and given his job to Lorne Michaels 20 years ago.

Not to mention he's up Zucker's ass. So Zucker is sending him out to do the one thing his shriveled up brain can still handle, hatchet work.

And Ebersol has the balls to call Conan "gutless". What a world.

Also let us not forget that Dick Ebersol is starting to look a bit like fire marshall Bill.

xbhaskarx

Sixfortyfive said:
Heh. Anybody notice that Conan opened last night's show with the same joke Letterman did on his last episode at NBC?

http://tv.gawker.com/5448615/late-n...-obrien-is-then-bashed-harder-by-jimmy-kimmel (third video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NnrXKxOHkw (skip to 2:20)

Whoa, Letterman and Conan, NBC employee(s) of the month. And it's followed by a Conan joke, and then David introducing Tom Hanks as the guest (he was a guest on Conan's second TTS right?).

Barrett2

Apparently Dick Ebersol (NBC Exec?) has an op-ed today in which he says this whole fiasco is because of a "massive failure by Conan's show" or something.

NBC is now in full spin-mode portraying Conan as the bad guy. Un-fucking believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom