• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just realised it's March soon. When is Alex coming.

It still feels like launch period.

Perhaps Capcom can give this game a boost it deserves

Alex Trailer
Patch for Rage Quitters
8 Player Battle Lounge
Arcade Mode
Versus CPU
Trials
Turotial
Daily Challenges
Boss Mode
Shop to spend Fight Money
Maybe, but I have a decent feeling that they're gonna miss the mark for a few of these. And if anything, they should delay Alex or give him as a freebie (and add another character at the end of the Season Pass) to compensate and focus on strengthening the featureset. That's what any company would do to win back favour with fans.

The rage quitter solution will probably come sooner than later, considering it's an easy solution and IIRC Capcom has implemented those things in the past (not to mention nearly every other developer of a major multiplayer game).

Bah, that's a shame. I tired that earlier with FANG and got crushed by Ryu at 26. For some reason, he's always the gatekeeper to me and colors.
Sorry that wasn't helpful. It seems like everybody has their own demons with this game. There have been times that Bison has eaten up my exact easy mode tactics I've used in the first 25ish battles, and other times when Gief has frame trapped me to infinity. Persistence is most responsible for getting me this far, across all characters thus far I've probably failed like ~20 times in those last stages.

Some Laura tips here that I've yet to try.

wamberz1

People are saying they might check disconnect reports against completed matches on the server. But who the fuck is going to do that? I think they're just bullshitting us.

I 100% think they only said to record videos of people doing it to scare RQ's away from disconnecting. Then they might ban like 20 people for a week when they actually implement any form of punishment.

Bad news about Cammy... she's significantly shorter than most of the cast so at best she's out of frame, and at worst she looks a bit... messed up when you place her on other people's skeletons.

To make up for it... 1080p/4k downsample Battle Costume pics
battlecammy1igq49.png

btw hair physics on that costume is completely fucked, I hope they fix it before the shop launches because it's as bad as it was in the costume reveal trailer :/

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
As long as they fix rage quitting and maybe tweak netcode a bit for faster matchmaking I don't really care about any of the other stuff. That's how good the core of the game is.

I mean, I want all that stuff, I'm saying I could be satisfied for a while without any of it.

jwillenn

There's a specific error code for RQs, right? What is it again? 40002?

I would say yes, but I think there can be exceptions. Today I was playing a guy in Casual who I'd beaten several times leading up to a 40002. When the 40002 happened, it was early in the second round and he was actually up a round. So things began to slow down and then boom. Error 40002 shows on my screen.

I sent dude a FQ anyway because I felt like we were both getting some good practice in.

KingBroly

Banned

Alex Trailer
Patch for Rage Quitters
8 Player Battle Lounge
Arcade Mode
Versus CPU
Trials
Turotial
Daily Challenges
Boss Mode

There's SUPPOSEDLY a Patch coming this week for Rage Quitters if I'm reading everything right. But I don't know if any content is coming as well. They NEED to patch in Versus CPU already since it's fucking done and in store demos, FFS.

Arcade Mode wasn't even in their vocabulary when they made SF5, unfortunately.

Xeteh

Bad news about Cammy... she's significantly shorter than most of the cast so at best she's out of frame, and at worst she looks a bit... messed up when you place her on other people's skeletons.

btw hair physics on that costume is completely fucked, I hope they fix it before the shop launches because it's as bad as it was in the costume reveal trailer :/

Might be hard to deliver on, so I apologize... but her "oh shit I almost lost this round" pose, where she crosses her arms, can you do something with that?

KingBroly

Banned

To make up for it... 1080p/4k downsample Battle Costume pics

I don't even think Laura's hair has physics, lol

Hawke, you may have just saved Capcom. Something in this thread is organic. Something is happening. With the streams, the RQ and putting them up online, players putting Laura and Ken on the map, the sexy Ryu memes getting its origin story right here on GAF, I dunno I feel like a community is forming.

Capcom, did sooooooooo many things wrong with the release. But the uniting the PC with consoles may have been the best decison that got approval. This thread, went from bronze to silver, to gold in quality.

so happy right now...like really enjoying the game even when I'm not playing.

Hawke, you may have just saved Capcom. Something in this thread is organic. Something is happening. With the streams, the RQ and putting them up online, players putting Laura and Ken on the map, the sexy Ryu memes getting its origin story right here on GAF, I dunno I feel like a community is forming.

Capcom, did sooooooooo many things wrong with the release. But the uniting the PC with consoles may have been the best decison that got approval. This thread, went from bronze to silver, to gold in quality.

Omg, thank you <3 that's super kind of you to say. I'm absolutely loving this game too, even when I'm not playing. It just feels... good.
Hello there, Wallpaper.
ngl I'm using it too. :p

KingBroly

Banned

You shouldn't have said that. This thread's gonna Rank down now. Then up. Then down again. ;_;

Garrett Hawke, you are seriously doing an awesome job. The day when Urien comes out, make sure you get every sexy angle possible. Imagine him doing R. Mika's critical art pose. :D

Doosi

Banned

Alex Trailer
Patch for Rage Quitters
8 Player Battle Lounge
Arcade Mode
Versus CPU
Trials
Turotial
Daily Challenges
Boss Mode

I wish we could get all of this in March, but we'll probably only get Alex. :(

Capcom needs to work fast for damage control. Ono needs to do a Yoshi-P.

Zyrox

Got the chance to try out the game while I was staying at my brothers home (don't have a ps4 myself yet). I was never really big into playing SFIV (loved SFxT though), but something clicked for me with SFV. Really loving it, rushed launch issues (fucking ragequitters man) aside.
Birdie is such a fun character. Banana is the GOAT move. Made it from 0 to Ultra silver over the course of the last week. Kinda proud of myself. When I get the game myself I'm aiming for dat GOLD (probs would've gotten to Gold if it wasn't for all the ragequityers tbh).
Anyway can't wait to get a ps4 and the game myself and join the grind.

Got the chance to try out the game while I was staying at my brothers home (don't have a ps4 myself yet). I was never really big into playing SFIV (loved SFxT though), but something clicked for me with SFV. Really loving it, rushed launch issues (fucking ragequitters man) aside.
Birdie is such a fun character. Banana is the GOAT move. Made it from 0 to Ultra silver over the course of the last week. Kinda proud of myself. When I get the game myself I'm aiming for dat GOLD (probs would've gotten to Gold if it wasn't for all the ragequityers tbh).
Anyway can't wait to get a ps4 and the game myself and join the grind.
welcome to the fam brah...it's been a rocky start, but the light is getting brighter.

Went from Ultra Bronze right down to Rookie this weekend :) Feels fucking good. Can't believe how much I suck at this compared to SFIV. Gameplay is great dont get me wrong but I seem to lack something, the ability to do max damage. I get in, do some jabs and get out to play it safe, then get caught in a combo that takes half my health and I lose feeling like I hit more. Lack of a wake up and safe moves is something I have not adjusted to either. Feel quite limited on a pad this time around too so might try learn a stick while I'm going this bad.

Balrog plz come in April :(

TIME TO BRING YOU BACK DOWN TO EARTH, HAWKE

*uppercut*
rIlJ67f.gif

Garrett Hawke, you are seriously doing an awesome job. The day when Urien comes out, make sure you get every sexy angle possible. Imagine him doing R. Mika's critical art pose. :D
Thank you :) and as long as it works... I'll keep doing it!

Unfortunately, Cammy wouldn't do the "nearly defeated" pose in this costume... so will switch it around and try and get it tomorrow Xeteh :)

FluxWaveZ

what's quick tech? it's in regards to spooky talking about it when a ken missed his shoryu follow up after an ex tatsu

Tech = ukemi = recovery

Ucchedav&#257;da;196549538 said:
Per the SF How To Play website:

Get up quickly after being knocked down by using Recovery. Input a direction OR press two or more Punch or Kick buttons at the same time after being knocked down by an opponent&#8217;s attack. If you time it right, you will get up quickly. There are two types of Recovery: Back and Neutral. See the diagram for instructions on how to perform both types.

Angel_DvA

Why the fuck am I lagging with a friend online in BL, the game is unplayable and it really pissed me off, framerate drops are just too much online...

Edit: Can I ask Sony for a refund because the game is a broken mess online atm ?

Man if Kens run was safer on block, he would give bison a much harder time. Gotta figure out how to open up bison. Some real high level stuff going on right now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom