• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arozay

So since my PS3 TE2 doesn't work on PC, I'm thinking of just getting a PS4 one and selling the old one. I googled that I can change the PCB or buy a PCIe USB thing but meh.

Though I assume I'd still need a patch from Capcom to not have to use x360ce.

I haven't been keeping up with SFV but is there some good high level footage available somewhere to view? Also, is it too early for tier lists to begin to be formulated yet?

Hopefully get around to purchasing this when I have more time, but would like to read a bit on it for now.

Try teamspooky on youtube. Also, atleast from the top ten right now, Dhalsim and Bison appear to be on top. All the Necalli's have been knocked down so I'm guessing he is not as overpowered as people thought.

Vex_

Banned
Wowowowowowwooowoowoowowooowoo.

Just took my birdie out of training into ranked and I came across a ken player who was 1500 or so and I was like he must be pretty good right?

He is doing shoryukens all day! Wide open. I nearly perfect his ass!

As soon as I go in and just do my command grab for the ko....??? You guessed it! Rage quit!

He did it so fast! Wowowowowoowowowoowwpww. So this is what it is like huh? Yea I'm not touching ranked right now then. That is so stupid.

wamberz1

Here, have some Karin Gifs:
mHZmV7F.gif

8aHYwi5.gif
Gonna try and make some more tomorrow.

Xevren

Yeah I tried this for a good ten minutes and couldn't work out the timing, unless Necalli's hurtbox is a little too big. I found that j.MP juggle into DP can punish if I get it out before the second acid bubble, so that's something at least.

Gimme a couple minutes and I'll see what I can do.

MrDaravon

Okay this is super scrub time but I was just caught in the most insane vortex I've ever been caught in and I'm not sure why as clearly there's something obvious I'm missing. I'm Chun, other person is R. Mika. Bear in mind I have virtually no knowledge of Mika, this is the 2nd or 3rd one I've ever fought. Both rounds I got stuck in this nonstop trap where they would do the the dropkick move (the one where you just hold HK IIRC) which I would block, then they would immediately the Rainbow Typhoon command grab (or at least I think it's RT, the one where they grab you by the legs and twirl you around). They did this over and over, and I could not do ANYTHING to get out of the Rainbow Typhoon, and I have no idea why, I seemed to always be stuck in blockstun from the dropkick. Jumping didn't work, and none of my normals, even my fastest ones like cr. lp would beat it. The match wasn't laggy as far as I can tell, but I have no idea what obvious piece of information I'm missing here because this is clearly not an actual infinite but not a single button or jump attempt I made did the slightest difference in getting me out of it. Pls help

KBR made him quit marvel lol

He's running with a good option select.

Hey SixMachine, after we played our sets I decided to check out a few things about Fang. I found out one little trick that I could do against him from full screen against him in the right situation. I was totally feeling myself after this match lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBWMiXwYuro

Yea, seeing that super just really drives the point that Fang has to be real careful against Ryu since his fireball zoning will outmatch Fang's. It's another thing I guess I really need to look out for. I've been checking SRK and it seems other people are having trouble with Ryu in this matchup, so I would like to grind it out. I need to get around playing you in a set since I asked you earlier this weekend, but I was basically glued to watching Winter Brawl the whole time lol. I usually play about an 1-2 hours a day after 8:00 pm EST. I usually spam invites to everyone on my rival list, I wish it told us if anyone was actually on, instead of throwing hail marys for battle lounge invites.

ohkay

So I'm wondering if this is just me, but I play Cammy and have some major issues against Birdie. Is this normal or am I just doing something wrong?

MoxManiac

Okay this is super scrub time but I was just caught in the most insane vortex I've ever been caught in and I'm not sure why as clearly there's something obvious I'm missing. I'm Chun, other person is R. Mika. Bear in mind I have virtually no knowledge of Mika, this is the 2nd or 3rd one I've ever fought. Both rounds I got stuck in this nonstop trap where they would do the the dropkick move (the one where you just hold HK IIRC) which I would block, then they would immediately the Rainbow Typhoon command grab (or at least I think it's RT, the one where they grab you by the legs and twirl you around). They did this over and over, and I could not do ANYTHING to get out of the Rainbow Typhoon, and I have no idea why, I seemed to always be stuck in blockstun from the dropkick. Jumping didn't work, and none of my normals, even my fastest ones like cr. lp would beat it. The match wasn't laggy as far as I can tell, but I have no idea what obvious piece of information I'm missing here because this is clearly not an actual infinite but not a single button or jump attempt I made did the slightest difference in getting me out of it. Pls help

He's running with a good option select.

You're in blockstun because Mika's dropkick is is + on block. I think +2? Not sure what the startup on her command throw is but I doubt even a 3 frame jab can be active before it. So yeah, try backdashing like kirblar instead. Invincible reversal might work too.

Interrupt the dropkick with st.lp/lk. The active frames for that comes very late in move. You can also neutral jump if you see Mika charging her drop kick, and then continue with a combo of your choice.

Mika's charged HK is +2 on block.

Xevren

Yeah I tried this for a good ten minutes and couldn't work out the timing, unless Necalli's hurtbox is a little too big. I found that j.MP juggle into DP can punish if I get it out before the second acid bubble, so that's something at least.

Here's something at least! I guess my characters just have floatier arcs that make dealing with it easier. Doesn't seem like you can land your optimal bnb due to pushback, but hopefully it at least gives you an idea. You can kinda wait for that first fireball to dissolve then jump over to punish.

Edzi

I still lose 35 points from losing to someone with almost 2000 LP more than me? really? Shouldn't it be like 10?

Here's something at least! I guess my characters just have floatier arcs that make dealing with it easier. Doesn't seem like you can land your optimal bnb due to pushback, but hopefully it at least gives you an idea. You can kinda wait for that first fireball to dissolve then jump over to punish.

Thanks, man. I can probably just end with EX stomp so at I can get in and stay in. My priority was more making sure he didn't get away than full damage anyway.

Gbraga

Today was very productive. 9 win streak, around 2.5k LP, I'm now comfortably Silver, no longer fearing getting demoted in every match.

The win streak will end the moment I face my next Nash though. I really need to figure out how to deal with his v-trigger.

Just looking at that, I'd guess the optimal no meter punish is j hp, st hp, hp dp, for just under 300 points of damage.

Edzi

Almost to silver today, but the shitty matchmaking made sure that didn't last long. -_- Lost all momentum after fighting a Super Silver rank with almost 3500 lp.

MrDaravon

Interrupt the dropkick with st.lp/lk. The active frames for that comes very late in move. You can also neutral jump if you see Mika charging her drop kick, and then continue with a combo of your choice.

Mika's charged HK is +2 on block.

Backdash is throw invincible.

You're in blockstun because Mika's dropkick is is + on block. I think +2? Not sure what the startup on her command throw is but I doubt even a 3 frame jab can be active before it. So yeah, try backdashing like kirblar instead. Invincible reversal might work too.

Thanks for the responses! I swear I tried neutral jumping multiple times as well as st.lp (don't think I tried lk), I don't know if I just wasn't somehow getting it off in time or what. I'll keep backdashing in mind. In the morning I'll try to replicate it in training and see what I can come up with to get out of it. First time so far in this game where I just had zero idea what to do haha.

FluxWaveZ

Well that was an enlightening ass kicking. Thanks for showing me those setups over and over again, Flux. lol

I meant "set" by "just one last match," but that's alright. GGs! Haven't gone against too many Mikas, so those are always nice.

Edit: Ha, no prob. You'll get the handle of the neutral game as you play more matches; you were definitely getting better as the matches went on.

Anyone up for a late night set?

I can play. CFN = FluxWaveZ.

Skittles

I meant "set" by "just one last match," but that's alright. GGs! Haven't gone against too many Mikas, so those are always nice.

Edit: Ha, no prob. You'll get the handle of the neutral game as you play more matches; you were definitely getting better as the matches went on.

I can play. CFN = FluxWaveZ.
Hopping on now. Be warned though, I kind of suck right now :p

Edzi

Oh my god, I just discovered how amazing MK (and maybe even HK) stomp is with Necalli. If they block the initial crouching med kick, it seems to be a fantastic (and safe) frame trap. Why have I only been using LK for pressure all this time?

Just took my birdie out of training into ranked and I came across a ken player who was 1500 or so and I was like he must be pretty good right?

As soon as I go in and just do my command grab for the ko....??? You guessed it! Rage quit!

He did it so fast! Wowowowowoowowowoowwpww. So this is what it is like huh? Yea I'm not touching ranked right now then. That is so stupid.

yep, I played a couple hours yesterday. I had three "wins" against RQs and only a couple of actual wins that counted, then about a dozen losses in a row. Was down about 200Lp in total!

700LP and below I can beat with little to no probs.
700-1000LP is my level it appears
Greater than 1000LP I rarely get more than one round off them.

What is the next big step I need to make after getting to 1000LP to take my game to the next level?

Oh my god, I just discovered how amazing MK (and maybe even HK) stomp is with Necalli. If they block the initial crouching med kick, it seems to be a fantastic (and safe) frame trap. Why have I only been using LK for pressure all this time?

No, they can hit you inbetween. Trust me. But they seem more safe on block, especially hk.
They're really hard to distinguish on reaction tho, I'm guessing smarter players won't bother tryin to jab you out.

Masamuna

Hey SixMachine, after we played our sets I decided to check out a few things about Fang. I found out one little trick that I could do against him from full screen against him in the right situation. I was totally feeling myself after this match lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBWMiXwYuro

Are you referring to vtrigger confirm into CA? Should work if you do it early enough but usually by the time the balls fly he can cancel into ex dash to avoid it.

Edzi

No, they can hit you inbetween. Trust me. But they seem more safe on block, especially hk.

I know they can hit in between, but most people don't expect the gap. Do you know how bit the frame gap is between the mk and the mk stomp though?

Also, that's twice now that the game matches me with a 3500 LP player when I reach 1800. Utter BS.

HardRojo

I posted this earlier and no one responded, but can someone critique me please? I'm the blue Nash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztZqpV8Ck4A
Could have used EX Scythe in the second round to finish it sooner (or at least do more damage), as you were not planning to save your meter anyway since you used it up on a chip kill. I tend to backdash when I shouldn't, that's a bad habit from SF4 and I saw you go that once too in the last round, so yeah there's that.

Akibared

Fucking frauds man can't wait to see what Capcom does.

I know they can hit in between, but most people don't expect the gap. Do you know how bit the frame gap is between the mk and the mk stomp though?

Also, that's twice now that the game matches me with a 3500 LP player when I reach 1800. Utter BS.

Hey, random request, want try some mirrors? I wonder if we can't share some Necalli tech. I'm only s. Bronze tho, fair warning. Up for some lobby time?

Getting teleport shenanigans down, but dealing with ryukens who either wake up srk (making meaty risky) or get up and constantly and cautiously move in on me (and they don't stop when I punish with a strong retort either, its just right back up again).

It's scary till you "break" them, and at times, a loss.

I don't even think Laura's hair has physics, lol

It's not as bad as Claw's win pose or Necalli facefirst on the ground being electricuted snakes.

KBR made him quit marvel lol

I guess FChamp is...laying off the pipe.

Edzi

Hey, random request, want try some mirrors? I wonder if we can't share some Necalli tech. I'm only s. Bronze tho, fair warning. Up for some lobby time?

Sure, I can go for a few rounds after this ranked match. Invite me and I'll accept in a sec, CFN: EdziPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom