• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

I feel like such a scrub, why havenf I been pushing forward everything I tried to throw? Lol. I could have closed the distance all this time....

jwillenn

I have no idea how to deal with moonsault. Nothing works -_-

Go into training mode and play around with some ideas. Record the dummy to do all versions of moonsault and see what you can find.

Every version of Moonsault is +, so you aren't supposed to be trying to attack after block. Of course you can V-Rev (do it right after the hit, though you have more time during Ex MS). But what you really should be doing is developing the reactions to intercept it (PUNISH) as you would anyone jumping in on you.

And see this is the long road that is training. I feel like I'm going to suck at this game until I've gone through and done this kind of thing with every character, from their specials down to their normals. After that, maybe I'll be decent...

HardRojo

I have no idea how to deal with moonsault. Nothing works -_-
I actually almost never use it anymore lol, it can be somewhat obvious and a simple air to air beats it. If you're not used it, then just block and do not press buttons, Nash is at an advantage due to plus frames, so you will most likely get hit if you press a button.

Are you referring to vtrigger confirm into CA? Should work if you do it early enough but usually by the time the balls fly he can cancel into ex dash to avoid it.

Yeah, I tested it several times in training mode and it's very easy to confirm. Fang's horizontal fireball has a lot more recovery compared to Sim so their is way more time to react to it. I went full screen to tempt him into throwing fireballs at me and as you can see, even though both his fireballs were already out I was still able to punish him(I'm confident I'll be able to react even earlier in this situation). This is one thing I'm not worried about mistiming, my main concern would be screwing up the Super motion to be honest.

Seik

Banned
Managed to climb to 1012 LP now.

Amazing thing is that I only got RQ'd once, it hurts though because it was one of my rare wins of yesterday against a Bison.

ohkay

I think as a relative newbie to street fighter, best 2 out of 3 would help in ranked. I feel like I could beat a lot of the people I lose to if I had another shot

Dat Chun-Li Cosplay

12802724_1229010970460427_3033899892602233131_n.jpg

Your Ryu is looking nice man.

Thanks man, I liked some of the things I was able to do but I wish I anti-air'd better in that match. Not a big deal as I think I've been good/above average at that, it would have just been the icing on the cake to that match.

You sticking with Ryu or making a switch?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I know it's still early days, but are any pros leaning towards Laura?

After getting into the swing of things with Ryu, she's my next target to learn, and so far she seems really fun. Kind of like Abel mixups with Makoto dash shenanigans and some Viper electric elbows thrown in for good measure.

Would appreciate any insight as to who's looking to main her.

Thores

Just uploaded my first ragequitter recording! I dunno why ranking matters to MacGuyver7693 when he can't even beat my shitty Birdie. Like I was playing even worse than usual and I still won.

Do we know when Capcom is going to start taking action against ragequitters, and how to submit these videos to them? I sent an @ to their official twitter out of lack of knowing what else to do.

Sheroking

Just uploaded my first ragequitter recording! I dunno why ranking matters to MacGuyver7693 when he can't even beat my shitty Birdie. Like I was playing even worse than usual and I still won.

Do we know when Capcom is going to start taking action against ragequitters, and how to submit these videos to them? I sent an @ to their official twitter out of lack of knowing what else to do.

I think you're meant to send them to @haunts. I did with the few I've recorded this weekend.

Although I gotta say, since they said they were cracking down? Far fewer rage quits.

Masamuna

Yeah, I tested it several times in training mode and it's very easy to confirm. Fang's horizontal fireball has a lot more recovery compared to Sim so their is way more time to react to it. I went full screen to tempt him into throwing fireballs at me and as you can see, even though both his fireballs were already out I was still able to punish him(I'm confident I'll be able to react even earlier in this situation). This is one thing I'm not worried about mistiming, my main concern would be screwing up the Super motion to be honest.

If you pop trigger right as he chucks it's a guaranteed punish. I tried to recreate the timing in the match vid and it roughly was 50/50 as to ex dash coming out. Still a very good way to check fangs zoning if you're fully loaded. Without VTC it takes a slight pinch of yomi, if you pop CA by confirming the balls he can creep up on you. Does the VT CA travel faster?

Ex ball lets you cancel earlier, from my testing fang either blocks the CA or dashes through.

Quesa

Every time he followed up blocked dropkick with literally nothing I cringed.

Tripon

After getting into the swing of things with Ryu, she's my next target to learn, and so far she seems really fun. Kind of like Abel mixups with Makoto dash shenanigans and some Viper electric elbows thrown in for good measure.

Mr Crimson won Cannes Winter Clash earlier today, which is a Capcom Pro Tour ranking event, Dashio is also playing Laura, and he won a Japanese tournament where Momochi, Itazan and others were playing. I think Shiro also picked up Laura, Strider 801 is playing Laura.

Basically, if you were an Abel player, you probably moved onto Laura.

Edzi

ggs man. My main advice would be to stop throwing out his dashing claw move (the charge move) since it's insanely unsafe on block. If not in a combo, I only try to use it when I have a read/reaction on fireball or see forward movement. Don't be scared to play defensive with Necalli. Also, I noticed a few panic mashed supers/specials in there. :p

ggs man. My main advice would be to stop throwing out his dashing claw move (the charge move) since it's insanely unsafe on block. Also, I noticed a few panic mashed supers/specials in there. :p

Yeah, I'm still trying to work that out, supers instead of dp. Is it not possible to dp right after the hit of a cross up?
Cause my brain REALLY thinks it is in the heat of a match.

If you pop trigger right as he chucks it's a guaranteed punish. I tried to recreate the timing in the match vid and it roughly was 50/50 as to ex dash coming out. Still a very good way to check fangs zoning if you're fully loaded. Without VTC it takes a slight pinch of yomi, if you pop CA by confirming the balls he can creep up on you. Does the VT CA travel faster?

Ex ball lets you cancel earlier, from my testing fang either blocks the CA or dashes through.

Yes it does, in V Trigger mode Ryu's Shinkuu Hadoken turns into a Denjin Hadoken and it travels much much faster and does a bit more damage and stun. I tried to reaction punish with Shinkuu from full screen and it doesn't work because it's just too slow. Denjin will though but I don't want to be running the V Trigger timer down waiting for Fang to throw fireballs so it's best to save it. Plus using V Trigger is a great way to react to fireballs because I don't have to be constantly buffering the motion.

Edzi

Yeah, I'm still trying to work that out, supers instead of dp. Is it not possible to dp right after the hit of a cross up?
Cause my brain REALLY thinks it is in the heat of a match.

If I hit the crossup, I can continue the combo. If it's blocked, I'm not entirely sure.

Gbraga

You're back!

PR Rog is playing her, but I think his main is still Necalli.

Someone just won a tournament today with Laura as well, but I don't know who, missed the stream.

cackhyena

I keep forgetting v reversals are even a thing. I rarely see opponents use it, and I maybe used it first week...twice? I really need to start incorporating it soon. Karin, Laura, and Necali pressure gets to me. I still win more than I lose, but man, I gotta get my shit together.

Skittles

I keep forgetting v reversals are even a thing. I rarely see opponents use it, and I maybe used it first week...twice? I really need to start incorporating it soon. Karin, Laura, and Necali pressure gets to me. I still win more than I lose, but man, I gotta get my shit together.
Since I play nash it's pretty much use it or die a slow death in the corner :(

If I hit the crossup, I can continue the combo. If it's blocked, I'm not entirely sure.

I dislike dp motions. They've never been easier, and they're still too hard for me.
Also, watching the replays, you're right, I'm crazy for those rushes. I can't shake the guilty gear potmkin strats from my brain.
Oh well, at least I know my problem now

Durden77

I will fucking be a CEO before I beat hard survival. And I'll be dead before I beat hell.

The furthest I've gotten on hard is 47. Level 44 R. Mika is a nightmare from fucking hell and usually where I lose.

I've ran it probably over 20 times now. I am so...so tired...

My time at Super Bronze was fairly brief. I touched the (super bronze) sun ever so briefly, and descended back to bronze with the quickness.

It was delicious.

Coda

I will fucking be a CEO before I beat hard survival. And I'll be dead before I beat hell.

The furthest I've gotten on hard is 47. Level 44 R. Mika is a nightmare from fucking hell and usually where I lose.

I've come to the conclusion that the mode as a whole is a giant waste of time. You don't learn anything because of how the CPU acts/reacts, so it's really not even beneficial in that sense. I've given up on trying to beat hard with my main. I'm sure the colors will be able to be unlocked via fight money/zenny when the Shop drops in March.

cackhyena

Christ, pull your finger nails out for fun while you're at it. Fuuuuuuck Survival forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom