• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

TheFatOne

Man I am so pissed right now. I lost all of my trophies for Demon's Souls. I was going to try for a platinum trophy, but I don't see the point anymore.

Ristlager said:
You have officially failed the neogaf exame :(

it's true, i do not have instant encycolpaedic knowledge of console warz drama

here is my badge. i suppose this means my retirement. i guess always wondered what it would be like on the other side

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
NEVER FORGET.

2mg8rc3.jpg

gibration

ExMachina said:
For people missing trophies - Start the game so you create a Trophy data set on your PS3, and then sync with the server. Thought I lost my Heavy Rain platinum, but after starting the game, quitting, and then syncing my trophies they came back.
THIS.

ExMachina said:
For people missing trophies - Start the game so you create a Trophy data set on your PS3, and then sync with the server. Thought I lost my Heavy Rain platinum, but after starting the game, quitting, and then syncing my trophies they came back.

Yeah, this worked for me as well. The saves I made after shit went down are gone though :-/

alejob

bsjezz said:
you're fucking kidding me right

get out of the house and do something other than play video games for one goddamned day

there are some immense priority issues in the videogame community
:lol

Ploid 3.0

gofreak said:
Clocks like this get out of synch over time I guess. So some think it's past midnight already.

Yep, unless it's an atomic clock (i think) it'll always be a bit late or a bit fast, and over years that speed adds up.

Between this and Bad Company 2 not being up on STEAM yet, my gaming options are somewhat limited. Guess I can go back to grinding out Mass Effect 2 on Insanity.

I haven't turned on my 60gb (BC) CECHA01 model ps3 yet. Hopeully everything gets sorted out soon. And I am glad that I saw this thread before accidentally turning it on.

Fakto

PS3 60 GB BC 2nd Generation

Clock Fixed
PSN Conection Fixed
Trophys lost trying to acces a game Fixed
Trophys earned after the error Missing [6 Heavy Rain trophys]

UFRA

TheFatOne said:
Man I am so pissed right now. I lost all of my trophies for Demon's Souls. I was going to try for a platinum trophy, but I don't see the point anymore.

Calm down. If you didn't sync your trophies to the server, then that may be an issue...and why the fuck did you not sync them?

However if they're synced with the PSN servers you should be ok once you play Demon's Souls again.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm still not signing on until Sony confirms everything is okay.... :lol

I'm just going to enjoy some Wii and DS time for now.

nyong

Banned
TheFatOne said:
People are saying to boot up the game, quit out, and resync trophies. The data is probably there somewhere.

Lince said:
tried to sync with the server several times but no dice, Uncharted 2 0% trophies, it could have been worse anyway!
When I first launched KZ2 I had the same issue but it synced no problem. Give it another shot later or something.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
j67hqe.jpg

(but not for me) yay works!

likely the older models' clocks were a little quick, and it already thinks it's past 12 gmt.

I thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Thanks all for the contributions. I was pulling for you all to find your way through the darkness. Kinda sad it's coming to an end. :(

AIP

I´ve got my 40 GB up and running. Store is working, PSN games are working. And all the trophies are there.

lljride

Magnus said:
The method that seems to be working for everyone with a 60gb FAT launch system is not working for me. :(

(Disabling, then re-enabling Internet Connection and then attempting to Set Time via Internet)

Fail :(

Same with me.

This sucks, we were supposed to be a team guys! Y'all bastards leaving us behind!

Mandoric

Banned
In.
Apparently it stores user current time as an offset from RTC current time; I had set mine from 99/12/31 to 10/3/1, and after the rollover it displays as 20/4/29. :lol

bsjezz said:
it's true, i do not have instant encycolpaedic knowledge of console warz drama

here is my badge. i suppose this means my retirement. i guess always wondered what it would be like on the other side

That stupid meme is posted like 100 times in any thread regarding a business snafu or something. At this point in its history you would have almost had to go out of your way to not see it.

Mikey Jr.

FOR ALL 40GB USERS.

GO TO INTERNET CONNECTION TEST. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CONNECT TO PSN.

THEN GO SIGN INTO PSN.

VOILA, PS3 WORKS!!!!

40GB fat

Vanille

Ploid 3.0 said:
Yep, unless it's an atomic clock (i think) it'll always be a bit late or a bit fast, and over years that speed adds up.

But then why did they all go down at the same time last night? :eek:

Baha

anddo0 said:
Still nothing.. wtf?

Try this:

user_friendly said:
Ok, started PS3, same thing as last night. Tried to set clock via internet and same as last night, no luck.

Disabled then enabled internet connection and tried the set clock...... SUCCESS!!!!SIGNED INTO PSN AS WELL!!

EVERYONE TRY THIS!

If that doesn't work, then wait a few more minutes. That internal clock is gonna hit 0:00 GMT soon enough.

Magnus

60gb Launch System here:

So, it wasn't working a second ago. And without even turning off/resetting the system, it began to work (setting date/time via net).

What would have changed in the last two minutes for this to happen? haha

I'm so glad I don't give a shit about trophies. Don't even know if I lost any and don't care. :lol

X-Burner

Banned
IF IT ISN'T WORKING FOR YOU DISABLE THEN RE-ENABLE YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION UNDER THE SYSTEM SETTING-NETWORK SETTINGS MENU.

Third-Generation 40gb signed into psn just now.

All my Assassin's Creed II trophies are gone. They appear as 0% again. Doesn't really bother me, but I suspect it will be a sore spot for others.
EDIT: I'm suspecting the same for Heavy Rain, which I also tried once this whole think started.

UFRA

ExMachina said:

Please put this in the OP.

Top Bottom