• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Razor554

Pelaaja (Finnish gaming magazine) gave this 10/10 and praised it to be best God of War game yet. They have not given full 10/10 score for ages. FFXIII got 7/10 in this same mag.

BeeDog

Razor554 said:
Pelaaja (Finnish gaming magazine) gave this 10/10 and praised it to be best God of War game yet. They have not given full 10/10 score for ages. FFXIII got 7/10 in this same mag.

Awesome. RiotPelaaja, did you review it? :D

Dogenzaka

Banned
polyh3dron said:
I finally got around to playing GoW2 and I'm about halfway through now. To anyone who is thinking of skipping either number 1 or 2 before playing 3, don't even think about it. Number 2 is especially amazing, it holds up even today IMO.

Pick up the GoW collection NOW.

Agreed. Picked up the GoW Collection on Sunday.

Can't believe I didn't buy it earlier. Absolutely amazing games.

Majine said:
That was it. Some kind of big twist in the end. "I can't believe we put that in there" said Stig on Santa Monica.

The series has always been about twists and controversy. How the hell is them mentioning the obvious, that there is going to be a big twist or controversy, actually spoiling it for you? Get a grip.

Majine

Banned
Dogenzaka said:
The series has always been about twists and controversy. How the hell is them mentioning the obvious, that there is going to be a big twist or controversy, actually spoiling it for you? Get a grip.

I'm not blacklighting the text for my own amusement.

Oh, and be nice.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Sorry, I just found it unusual that someone would go as far as to think that saying
"Near the end, GoW3 has something awesome that we can't talk about"
as a true spoiler.

Drame

Razor554 said:
Wow, 10 in Pelaaja? Seems that I'll have to pick-up the issue before getting home today.

Tonza

Razor554 said:

Last 10/10 they gave was for Batman: AA if I remember correctly.

But yeah this months issue is awesome just for the fact that it had a special cover (GoWIII, Alan Wake was on the cover for the 'normal' version) for subscribers and a sizeable GoWIII poster. (poster, cover, sorry for the quality taken with iphone)
The back of the magazine is a GoWIII ad so it really seems like a GoWIII magazine. :lol

jett

D-Member
AAK said:
To each his own, MGS4 is THE game to receive 10/10's.

2a8hr9u.gif

Played the demo, and, well...I think I'm just over this series. I know some people will say it has different aims than Bayonetta, but after spending 30 hours on Bayonetta then playing the GoW3 demo, GoW 3 felt so clumsy and looked so uninspired and more-of-the-same.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
chaostrophy said:
Played the demo, and, well...I think I'm just over this series. I know some people will say it has different aims than Bayonetta, but after spending 30 hours on Bayonetta then playing the GoW3 demo, GoW 3 felt so clumsy and looked so uninspired and more-of-the-same.

For your information, the demo (besides being an old built and, well, not the whole game) is built around a section which is not present in the game. It's ok to not liking it. Just offering you some perspective.

chaostrophy said:
Since you most likely going to pass on the series, you should at least try checking out gttv and gamepro vid. The demo is really not representatvie of the game anymore
It lack the setpieces gow is known for and the combat variety from the new weapon, magic, rage, and artifact to give more depth on the combat system

rhino4evr

chaostrophy said:

Demo felt a bit weak to me too. Im not sure why they even released it. The GoWII demo was amazing, because it showed off the collossus level. There is nothing about the GoW III demo that comes even close to matching that. It's basically just a bunch of random battle spawns and a few battles, with a crappy flying mini-game in the middle.

I have a feeling the game will be much better.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
JaseC said:
http://i49.tinypic.com/1zn779s.gif[img]

The irony is MGS2/3 are the best in the series, but MGS4 was the one to get a 10. :lol[/QUOTE]

mgs4 was the best but let's not get OT

Salz01

TTP said:
For your information, the demo (besides being an old built and, well, not the whole game) is built around a section which is not present in the game. It's ok to not liking it. Just offering you some perspective.

Do I understand this correctly: The demo section is not in the final game?

Salz01

Dexvex said:
Yea supposedly they changed the whole level.
Thats cool. So I can keep playing the demo and not get sick of it by the final release. I just hope to find out what finally happens in the end of the demo.

-viper-

Banned
TTP said:
More precisely, AFAIK, they built that level just for the demo.
Oh they did? Nice.

Personally I loved every bit of the demo, but at least this keeps the game fresh(er) when playing it, considering I've played the demo so many times.

Noshino

Is that Poseidon? looks too young, shouldn't he be about as old as Zeus?

Also, German Kratos sounds like Engish Zeus :lol

iceatcs

Kagari said:
It's not really spoilerish, IMO. Can't understand German :lol
Is it like full version from the bits in GTTV?

At least it is in German that you won't get spoiler from this video narrator if you don't understand.
I can't tell what language even if English, only way subtitle can spoil me :)

Top Bottom