• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
iceatcs said:
Is it like full version from the bits in GTTV?

At least it is in German that you won't get spoiler from this video narrator if you don't understand.
I can't tell what language even if English, only way subtitle can spoil me :)

Yes.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
iceatcs said:

Yes. But it doesn't go as far as showing what that other GamePro video showed
(Poseidon fight)

Torrod

Neo Member
iceatcs said:
At least it is in German that you won't get spoiler from this video narrator if you don't understand.

Who wants some translation-action? :lol

Lince

Banned
those 10 minutes embarrassed every PS3 developer with the exception of Naughty Dog and to some extent Guerrilla Games. Unbelievable.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lince said:
those 10 minutes embarrassed every PS3 developer with the exception of Naughty Dog and to some extent Guerrilla Games. Unbelievable.

nvm. read it wrong

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
jett said:
To watch or not to watch...

66awbkn.gif
Don't watch. It's VERY tempting but stay strong!

Lince

Banned
TTP said:
nvm. read it wrong

you're getting old my Italian friend :lol

TTP when are you reviewing this game? I'd love to read your take on it.

I hope they release a documentary explaining the tech behind the game, specially how they managed to get the executable so small, lack of HDD installation and these advanced GPU features performed by the CPU instead. Something the likes of that SoTC PS2 tech document.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's best to look at it like this: The game is 10 or so hours long and you're only seeing just under ten minutes. There's plenty more to enjoy for yourself!

RavenFox

Banned
GoodMorning said:
holy fucking fuck. alright that's it, that's the last thing I'm watching
So you say lol. A week before release you will be clicking on every link to satisfy your craving

Lord Error said:
Hard to believe the that the Helios head pull scene won't be in the game.
level has changed not the pull of the head. Right TTP?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
JaseC said:
It's best to look at it like this: The game is 10 or so hours long and you're only seeing just under ten minutes. There's plenty more to enjoy for yourself!
This is why games lose impact. I enjoyed screenshots enough back in the day. It certainly lessened the impact of a game like UC2.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lord Error said:

Not saying it wont. But it might very well happen in a different context.

Holy. That's how you start a game.

A mini boss fight in the first 10 minutes is insane. Wonder if they'll keep the pace of the first 10 mins.
If so, I need to stock up on heart medication...

Noshino

iceatcs said:

Not really

GTTV was showing stuff that seemed to be much further ahead, in here you just get to see
Athens at war, then the Titans climbing (which is where GoW2 left off), then you see Zeus and the rest of the Gods looking down from Mt Olympus and then all jumping off. After that, shot back to Kratos and then fight against that Leviathan (we do get the see the killing scene though)

The only scene that I think hasn't been shown is the one killing Leviathan, the rest have been shown before, even from the unveiling :lol

Lord Error said:

It has to be in there -- the Helios head comes off somehow... it might just be in a different context/location.

--

This is the first game that seems poised to make me regret not owning a DS3 controller. :(

RavenFox

Banned
Why was the first 10minutes posted in this thread by the way? Isn't this suppose to be our spoiler free thread? People just don't listen...

mjc

Man I'm tired of Giant Bomb spoiling shit on their podcasts. You guys probably know what they spoiled, so I won't repeat it. They even went into detail with it. That's the last time I get burned by them.

RavenFox said:
Why was the first 10minutes posted in this thread by the way? Isn't this suppose to be our spoiler free thread? People just don't listen...

When was this thread supposed to be spoiler free?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
RavenFox said:
You'll only be spoiled if you click on the link. Stop crying.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Oh man.

The first two minutes of that video have taught me two things:

1) Santa Monica should really be allowed make a Lord of the Rings game

2) I will, at some point, play this game with German switched on

edit - it's not really spoiler-ish for those who watched the other vid...it's pretty much the same stuff, but you see more of the start, the whole start sequence in fact. Which is abso-fucking-lutely amazing by the way.

traveler

Not Wario
mysticwhip said:
When was this thread supposed to be spoiler free?

I think it was sort of implicit that the GTTV thread was to become the spoiler thread while this one would remain for those of us who wished to stay spoiler free.

iceatcs

-viper- said:
This is Killzone 2 all over again. Too much media has been released :\
What I was thought in first place but after first 10 mins video, I realise GTTV has most showed of all, most actually in the beginning of the game and some takes from old PR trailers too and mix from demo.

So I thought demo look like most spoiler part of all media, thanks god I haven't play it yet but I have see some of demo video or gif.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Calm down, the video didn't really spoil anything that hasn't already been seen in some form (be it videos or images). Yeah, even the leviathan kill QTE has been seen prior to this.

gofreak said:

Till Lindemann should be Kratos' VA in the German version :eek:

NeoUltima

mjc said:
Man I'm tired of Giant Bomb spoiling shit on their podcasts. You guys probably know what they spoiled, so I won't repeat it. They even went into detail with it. That's the last time I get burned by them.
???
That Kratos is Zues's son?
That was revealed in GoW2.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Damn, not watching spoiler vids for GoW3 is like a whole new version of "The Game".

Noshino

traveler said:
I think it was sort of implicit that the GTTV thread was to become the spoiler thread while this one would remain for those of us who wished to stay spoiler free.

There are no spoilers on that german video

Did you finish Gow2? Did you see the Spike video? Did you see the famitsu scans?

If you answered yes to at least the first 2, then there really aren't that many spoilers

If you answered yes to the 3 of them, then go watch it, there is nothing to be worried about....

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
gofreak said:
Oh man.

The first two minutes of that video have taught me two things:

1) Santa Monica should really be allowed make a Lord of the Rings game

edit - it's not really spoiler-ish for those who watched the other vid...it's pretty much the same stuff, but you see more of the start, the whole start sequence in fact. Which is abso-fucking-lutely amazing by the way.

By the way, am I the only one noticing the demo-like "stuttering" when camera pans around? Hope it's just the video (yes, I've downloaded the WMV file).

You can notice it easily before the first fight, for example, when the the camera goes down a path on Gaia and then rotates around Kratos.

NeoUltima

Noshino said:
There are no spoilers on that german video

Did you finish Gow2? Did you see the Spike video? Did you see the famitsu scans?

If you answered yes to at least the first 2, then there really aren't that many spoilers

If you answered yes to the 3 of them, then go watch it, there is nothing to be worried about....
Although that stuff has been seen...it's only been in parts. I will not watch it cause I went to experience it in full, rather than watch it in full...if that makes sense.

But yeah...no spoilers in the traditional sense.

-viper-

Banned
Holy fuck. Epic. Absolutely epic. I skipped the first 5 minutes though. Didn't want to be spoilered on that. It pretty much shows the leviathan, so thankfully I wasn't too spoiled :p

Top Bottom