• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

LiquidMetal14 said:
I'm on media outage now but what I've seen looks far more amazing than what was first shown of the game. And let's not make these kinds of statements until we've played the game. The last stuff I watched was the GTTV footage from last Thursday/Friday and that looked incredible.

Sounds good! I've pretty much avoided any footage of GoW. I want to know as few as possible. Had to play the demo though.

Cruzader said:
[/B]

Im not sure if ppls are being serious or are being joke characters. Are you fucking blind?(no offense) Go see the GTTV stuff. Im not gonna do so but I can tell from a few screens its a big fucking massive jump. You havent seen nor played the game to say "its not the showcase title GoW used to be in the PS2 era". Based on reviews and quick videos it seems so while topping Uncharted 2. What else do you need?

It makes me a joke charakter to state the obvious? My statement was cleary based on the demo. Why do you think I am asking if there are improvements? It's all cool, relax. Topping U2? Hard to imagine, but would be awesome!

Clear said:
Judging by the footage floating around now, I'd say yes it has. Certainly art-direction, animation, and overall scale are above and beyond my expectations, technically its definitely up there with Killzone2 and Uncharted2 in really showcasing the PS3.

The main thing that concerned me about the demo was the unstable frame-rate, something that isn't apparent to me in the video footage nor has it been commented upon in any previews/reviews. So hopefully that's not an issue either.

Great, great...

Dogenzaka

Banned
Man the Japanese voice acting is terrible.

What is with Japanese tough-guy VA's always sounding like it's from the exact same voice actor in every single piece of entertainment.

Kratos sounds like generic Japanese tough guy #1 :l

DexterXS

ghostofsparta said:
Posiedon boss battle looks amazing, I jut had one problem with it.

When Gain goes to punch Poseidon, he just stays there and does nothing. They should have made him lung his spear at her, so it gives a sense of God Vs Titan: who is stronger, and have Gaia win. That would have been a lot cooler.

Sorry I dunno how to highlight in black

He does defend himself the first time she attacks. She tries to do the punch the first time and he owns her with water-crab claws. It's only after Kratos weakens him does she get the punch to connect. It seems that without Kratos' help Gaia would have gotten owned.

Edit: actually after looking at it again, he should have tried to attack her once more as she punched. I wonder what Kratos gets from Posiden though. Hopefully Posidens rage, that move owns.

A review score leak? That's a new one to me. :D

Edit - When I got to the link supplied by your screenshot it looks exactly the same except they have a bunch of popular news information where the review score is. It's fake.

Bloodrage

Banned
Dr. Acid Avatar said:
A review score leak? That's a new one to me. :D

Edit - When I got to the link supplied by your screenshot it looks exactly the same except they have a bunch of preview information where the review score is.
Not my screencap. Found it here.

Darkman M

templeusox said:
Looks like a photoshop to me.

500pxShopped.jpg

I finally got around to playing GoW2 and I'm about halfway through now. To anyone who is thinking of skipping either number 1 or 2 before playing 3, don't even think about it. Number 2 is especially amazing, it holds up even today IMO.

Pick up the GoW collection NOW.

Umm this EXACT same thing happened before with a different game. No it didn't leak. That's just a default number that shouldn't have been there. End of story. Happened once or twice before.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
-Pyromaniac- said:
Umm this EXACT same thing happened before with a different game. No it didn't leak. That's just a default number that shouldn't have been there. End of story. Happened once or twice before.

I think it was bayonetta , could be wrong

Angst

polyh3dron said:
I finally got around to playing GoW2 and I'm about halfway through now. To anyone who is thinking of skipping either number 1 or 2 before playing 3, don't even think about it. Number 2 is especially amazing, it holds up even today IMO.

Pick up the GoW collection NOW.
I got it yesterday even though I played through both 1 and 2 on my PS2. My PS2 is no longer among the living and I wanted to play through both games again.

JaseC said:
I find it hard to believe IGN slips up like that and one amateur blog is the only place that picks up on it.

Edit: So its spreading with apparently different screenshots? Maybe it is legit. :lol
Not so sure. TheSixthAxis claims to have found out from the blog the original photo is from, and the two screencaps are identical (features, etc.) aside from the scroll bar at the bottom.

Edit:

But then, if it was only up for a moment, anybody that happened to screencap it would see the same features, I guess.

Edit 2:

Actually, I think TSA simply took a screenshot of the screenshot in their own browser. :lol

KTallguy said:
Basically any decap is censored in the JP version, I imagine.
Camera pans up to hide the head rip. No dangling gore. Slightly more clothing on certain female characters. All done in the best possible taste.

cupid-stunt.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
makingmusic476 said:
But then, if it was only up for a moment, anybody that happened to screencap it would see the same features, I guess.

Was the MW2 "leak" snapped by anybody else outside of this amateur blog? It would seem strange IGN slips up on two occasions and only one place picked up on it. I'm calling bullshit if the answer to my question is 'no'.

makingmusic476 said:
Actually, I think TSA simply took a screenshot of the screenshot in their own browser. :lol

wtf. :lol

JaseC said:
Was the MW2 "leak" snapped by anybody else outside of this amateur blog? It would seem strange IGN slips up on two occasions and only one place picked up on it.
No idea. I found the screenshot for MW2 on another forum, and it's hosted on a news (lol) site completely unrelated to the gameofhonors blog and TSA.

I'd love for the score to be true, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Majine

Banned
onken said:
The fuck has that got to do with anything?

GoW1 - 9.8
GoW2 - 9.7
Collection 9.4

If none of those got a 10, then I doubt GoW3 is getting one.
Because you think 3 is going to be less significant than the others? I can totally see 3 getting a 10 considering the massive scale, and the fact that its the last game for Kratos
and that big twist in the end that GTTV spoiled

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
onken said:

GoW1 - 9.8
GoW2 - 9.7
Collection 9.4

If none of those got a 10, then I doubt GoW3 is getting one.

MGS - 9.8
MGS2 - 9.7
MGS3 - 9.6

If none of those got a 10, then I doubt MGS4 is getting... oh, wait.

onken

JaseC said:

MGS - 9.8
MGS2 - 9.7
MGS3 - 9.6

If none of those got a 10, then I doubt MGS4 is getting... oh, wait.

lol you make a fine point.

AstroMan

Banned
Majine said:
Because you think 3 is going to be less significant than the others? I can totally see 3 getting a 10 considering the massive scale, and the fact that its the last game for Kratos
and that big twist in the end that GTTV spoiled

What did they spoil
?

Top Bottom